Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jadon Sancho (Manchester United)

Read 37256 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund)
      Reply #46: Mar 31, 2020 08:29:38 am
      News this morning saying he's almost certain to join United!! Wtf would anyone want to go there? That's 2 quality midfielders who I would have loved to have with us, first was Bruno Fernandez and now possibly this lad. Why wouldn't they chose us?

Also that Koulbailly (however u spell it, sorry) fella being linked with them in another big money move!! What's with the Man U love all of a sudden?

This world has gone crazier then I thought!!!

It's just a myth fans believing top players won't go to United if they don't get CL football.  :lmao:
      United will always attract the best because we're the famous Man United  :lmao:

Why would they choose Liverpool?  :f_whistle:
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #47: Mar 31, 2020 09:38:32 am
      It's just a myth fans believing top players won't go to United if they don't get CL football.  :lmao:

Because we're European, England and world champions  ;)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #48: Mar 31, 2020 10:16:44 am
      I dont get why he left City to go to Dortmund then for his big career move would choose United?

Money maybe but he could earn that anywhere he chooses.

The only thing i can think of is that United have very few really good players putting off big names from joining. If you go to United you're a guaranteed starter, displacing Martial or DAN James easily. Here he would have to fight for a place every week.

As for us we do have a little situation developing where our front 3 if left unchecked will all get old together. I think we might move one in the next 18 months to allocate room for an up and coming star player.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #49: Mar 31, 2020 10:46:49 am

Convince yourself that it's because you lot are famous.
      Still the richest club in the UK (proper finance and not oil state funded) so once the recruitment targets proper young talent the wages on offer will always be  attractive to them.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #50: Mar 31, 2020 06:50:10 pm
      News this morning saying he's almost certain to join United!! Wtf would anyone want to go there? That's 2 quality midfielders who I would have loved to have with us, first was Bruno Fernandez and now possibly this lad. Why wouldn't they chose us?

Also that Koulbailly (however u spell it, sorry) fella being linked with them in another big money move!! What's with the Man U love all of a sudden?

This world has gone crazier then I thought!!!

Getting everyone elses cast-offs, between this and reading the mancs on twitter getting themselves excited over Grealish, Us & City have got F**k all to worry about!

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #51: Mar 31, 2020 07:28:26 pm
      Because we're European, England and world champions  ;)

I only count two of the above    :roll: :roll: presently  ;D
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #52: Mar 31, 2020 09:40:59 pm
      This lad wouldnt start for us so a hell of a lot of money to pay  . Far more value in Werner
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #53: Mar 31, 2020 11:53:31 pm
      This lad wouldnt start for us so a hell of a lot of money to pay  . Far more value in Werner

If they shaft us in the League and make it null and void, we go out buy Sancho, Mbappe and Werner and win the League next 10 years in a row. That'll shut all these jealous cu*ts up!!!!  ;D ;D ;D
      Kopite78
      Reply #54: Apr 01, 2020 08:14:55 am
      If they shaft us in the League and make it null and void, we go out buy Sancho, Mbappe and Werner and win the League next 10 years in a row. That'll shut all these jealous cu*ts up!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

To be honest I think we may see the market fall out on the back of this pandemic
      I'd be surprised to see massive moves made by sny clubs truth be told
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #55: Apr 01, 2020 08:57:15 am

According to Daily Mirror you've pulled out of the race for Sancho.
      Kopite78
      Reply #56: Apr 01, 2020 09:02:20 am

Zero chance any club is working on transfers right now

Sorry Daily Mirror, stop talking sh*te... what type of thick c**t thinks transfers are being discussed right now
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #57: Apr 01, 2020 01:15:10 pm

Doubt we were ever in for him to begin with. There’s no chance we’d even contemplate paying such an obscene amount of money on a player with purely potential. At this point, he’s proven nothing to suggest he’s worth anywhere near the amount being spoken about. Just look at Joao Felix, looked boss at Benfica, went to Atletico for 100mill and has done very, very little.

Sancho looks a promising player but I’d be pretty annoyed if we went out and paid a ridiculous amount for him given there are better and more proven players for a fraction of that; Werner for example.
      He looks good but he looks some way off the level of Mbappe who IMO is the bench mark for players around that age and big transfer fees.

Only reason we’ve been linked with Sancho is to try and drive the price up even more, but I think the club will make it quite clear we aren’t interested so forget that tactic.

100mill+ for a player well off the level off of our current front 3, not a chance in hell.

Not in the slightest bit bothered where he moves to, if you Mancs, Chavs or whoever else wants to pay all that money for potential and nothing yet proven then crack on, couldn’t care less.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #58: Apr 01, 2020 08:14:18 pm

Daily sh*te.

LFC in for Werner.
      Sancho's options appear to be Chelsea or United.
      He might be better off staying at Dortmund for another season,
      but they seem keen to cash in on him.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #59: Apr 02, 2020 07:55:08 am

Good point but I bet some are.
      Kopite78
      Reply #60: Apr 02, 2020 08:21:57 am

How? We have no idea on when transfer windows will be? What's financially going to happen to football after this (it will have an effect) no idea what is happening with contracts

Football gets stick now for exorbitant wages and transfer fees.. can you see a world after this when a club immediately throws 100m + on a player ?

The world is going to take time to get back on its feet after this, football included
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #61: Apr 02, 2020 08:31:49 am

Sorry Daily Mirror, stop talking sh*te... what type of thick c**t thinks transfers are being discussed right now

I don't know Kopite  :roll: Going to be a buyers market this summer after this corona virus  is over. With no football for the foreseeable future I'm pretty sure the top teams will definitely have a sneaky eye on who's coming available.

As the papers / media have nothing else to talk about at the moment they have to make somethings up so they can sell their sports pages  :lmao:
      Kopite78
      Reply #62: Apr 02, 2020 08:34:45 am
      I don't know Kopite  :roll: Going to be a buyers market this summer after this corona virus  is over. With no football for the foreseeable future I'm pretty sure the top teams will definitely have a sneaky eye on who's coming available.
      :

How? We have no idea on when transfer windows will be? What's financially going to happen to football after this (it will have an effect) no idea what is happening with contracts

Football gets stick now for exorbitant wages and transfer fees.. can you see a world after this when a club immediately throws 100m + on a player ?

The world is going to take time to get back on its feet after this, football included

Add to this we now have clubs putting none playing staff on furlough

We have clubs who will go to the wall

And you think that clubs will go out and throw 100m+ after this is over? That it all goes back to normal? That clubs are talking about transfers now? Whilst even top teams over europe (including Dortmund) are referring wages?
      Juventus players have taken cuts to save their club hundreds of millions in wages.. yet others are thinking of spending hundreds of millions?
      Dream land mate
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #63: Apr 02, 2020 08:55:58 am
      Add to this we now have clubs putting none playing staff on furlough

We have clubs who will go to the wall

And you think that clubs will go out and throw 100m+ after this is over? That it all goes back to normal? That clubs are talking about transfers now? Whilst even top teams over europe (including Dortmund) are referring wages?
      Juventus players have taken cuts to save their club hundreds of millions in wages.. yet others are thinking of spending hundreds of millions?
      Dream land mate

Your basically right Kopite in what your saying. However, you'll still get (( minority ))  top flight clubs looking for bargain buys at the end of this pandemic. I'm pretty sure United will get least two players in, hopefully more.

With many clubs struggling financially they have no option to sell some of their top players, very sad but it's true...
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #64: Jun 12, 2020 06:23:25 pm
      Few reports circling we are still in for Sancho . Not sure how we can afford him if Werner was refused or was Werner the smokescreen I have always thought this was a potential transfer and second best option after Mpabbe
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #65: Jun 13, 2020 01:35:31 pm
      I'm really not that bothered about Jadon Sancho, I don't get what all the fuss is about him, he's a decent player, may become a great player, but no way is he currently worth £100m
      tq redz
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts | 14 
      Reply #66: Jun 13, 2020 01:52:28 pm
      What is he twenty or something, with that fee he would command wages between £150.000- £200.000 per week, so would come in at twenty and be among the highest earners. Can't see Mane and Co being happy with that.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #67: Jun 27, 2020 05:49:40 pm
      Jürgen thinks Sancho would look good in a Liverpool shirt.

That's good enough for me that we want him here ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #68: Jun 27, 2020 06:05:13 pm
      Jürgen thinks Sancho would look good in a Liverpool shirt.

That's good enough for me that we want him here ;D

If what is read in gutter press is true he's set his mind with us  ;D

Quick Reply