Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jadon Sancho (Manchester United)

Read 37254 times
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Re: Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund)
      Reply #23: Mar 09, 2020 09:31:17 am
      Origi, Shaqiri, Lallana, Clyne, Lovren, Lonergan, Wilson, Grujic, Karius

True this, the wage issue have to be managed carefully, but any successful club has to deal with it. Can't help but feel Sancho would be immense. More of a concern would be his attitude and whether he upsets the team spirit Klopp carefully cultivated over the past few years. If he can deal with this, then I wouldn't hesitate. I've seen him play a number of times and he already looks immense. Fast, creative, aggressive and still so young. On paper, perfect Klopp and Liverpool player.

On top of this, the past month has shown me that we're getting a little too close to complacency. A world class talent to challenge established players may well be necessary now. I don't want us to become a high turnover buying club, but the occasional investment in young ones like Sancho is pretty sound.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #24: Mar 09, 2020 09:58:48 am
      Id rather we spent that kind of money on De Bruyne or similar type of player, we need a top top class creative midfielder.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25: Mar 09, 2020 12:13:20 pm
      Id rather we spent that kind of money on De Bruyne or similar type of player, we need a top top class creative midfielder.

KDB will never happen. City would never sell any of their key players to us, just like we wouldn’t to them now. Not even worth thinking about because it simply wouldn’t happen.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #26: Mar 09, 2020 01:05:53 pm

Shaqiri is never fit. Mane and Salah are going to AFCON mid season.
      Having another attacking option is vital.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #27: Mar 09, 2020 01:43:21 pm
      Shaqiri is never fit. Mane and Salah are going to AFCON mid season.
      Having another attacking option is vital.

Yes, but I'm assuming that we sign Timo Werner and we have Minamino who will be good next season and Origi who can help out if needed. Its AM where we don't have anyone solid at the moment
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #28: Mar 09, 2020 01:54:29 pm
      Can see this happening. ESP. as they will be looking for more english \ home grown players to beef squad up.

Maybe the big money move of the summer for LFC.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #29: Mar 09, 2020 02:08:35 pm
      Yes, but I'm assuming that we sign Timo Werner and we have Minamino who will be good next season and Origi who can help out if needed. Its AM where we don't have anyone solid at the moment

Or sign Werner/Sancho, alternate between 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1,
      where Minamino/Firmino play in the 10, Salah or Mane play wide or up front. Werner plays up front. Sancho plays wide.

Squad would be an absolute force of nature, and it would set the club up for a scenario where players eventually move on, should it happen, without it having a negative impact on the team.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #30: Mar 09, 2020 02:43:50 pm
      Letting Lallana and Shaqiri go frees up *about* 200k a week in wages, so it's doable from that perspective.

We're not far off 60% of turnover going on wages though, so it needs keeping an eye on.

Having said that we should see turnover increase quite a bit from merch when we are crowned champs, so at this point, best guess is that we can afford it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #31: Mar 09, 2020 03:30:41 pm
      Letting Lallana and Shaqiri go frees up *about* 200k a week in wages, so it's doable from that perspective.

We're not far off 60% of turnover going on wages though, so it needs keeping an eye on.

Having said that we should see turnover increase quite a bit from merch when we are crowned champs, so at this point, best guess is that we can afford it.

Of course, the question I think is still not can we afford it but should we. If giving a huge wage packet to a youngster (albeit a promising one) throws our wage balance off kilter, it just isn't worth it in my mind. I assume we are going to give Virgil a new deal to make him our highest ever paid player...if Sancho ends up second highest paid, that doesn't look especially good to the other guys.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #32: Mar 09, 2020 03:42:36 pm

Cant buy them all but Uniteds Bruno does look the business in fairness.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #33: Mar 09, 2020 08:20:09 pm

Clyne’s on a good 80k too isn’t he? Our wage bill will be getting considerably lower this summer based on purely departures; Clyne and Lallana for sure, Lovren, Origi and Shaqiri all a strong possibility.

After not spending last summer and the incredibly healthy position the club is in financially and with a number of players leaving this summer, if we decide to go after Sancho, Werner and whoever else, then money will be no issue. That’s not to say we will be backed into a corner and forced to pay over the odds though, it’s quite clear now that we will only pay what we feel the player is worth and won’t be held to ransom of a stupid fee or wage, them days are gone.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #34: Mar 09, 2020 08:29:36 pm
      Cant buy them all but Uniteds Bruno does look the business in fairness.

yep gutted we never went in for him. Looks Class but now he's just a Manc c**t!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #35: Mar 09, 2020 08:34:35 pm
      I did read an article outlining issues we may face with not meeting our english quota next season with the likes of Clyne and Lallana leaving. With that in mind it may be more likely Sancho than Werner despite the big money.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #36: Mar 09, 2020 10:07:20 pm
      I did read an article outlining issues we may face with not meeting our english quota next season with the likes of Clyne and Lallana leaving. With that in mind it may be more likely Sancho than Werner despite the big money.

Can’t see it being an issue, expect Adam Lewis will take Clyne’s place on the list and I can see us signing an English player too so hopefully that player is Sancho.

I don’t think the club would let it get to the point where we are in danger of not meeting the quota.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Reply #37: Mar 09, 2020 10:34:23 pm
      Can’t see it being an issue, expect Adam Lewis will take Clyne’s place on the list and I can see us signing an English player too so hopefully that player is Sancho.

I don’t think the club would let it get to the point where we are in danger of not meeting the quota.

Think Utd will get Sancho they are going to throw a sh*t load of money and will pay his 200k a week wage
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #38: Mar 09, 2020 11:04:31 pm
      Think Utd will get Sancho they are going to throw a sh*t load of money and will pay his 200k a week wage

If he goes to United then it's not for anything more than money, which isn't a good sign of a player of that age.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #39: Mar 10, 2020 04:38:25 am

He hits me as Chelsea player, don't know just a hunch. He would be better off staying in Germany for another season or two before making next move but with the money going to be thrown at him it is hard for not to jump at the chance.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #40: Mar 15, 2020 03:10:39 pm
      KDB will never happen. City would never sell any of their key players to us, just like we wouldn’t to them now. Not even worth thinking about because it simply wouldn’t happen.

That clearly depends on how bad the player wants the move. They nicked Sterling off us, Real nicked Coutinho, Barca nicked Suarez, Chelsea nicked Torres, and we nicked errrrr, errrrrr....Joe Alen and errrrr... Oh yeah, Charlie Adam.   :couch: :rasp: >:D

NEVER SAY NEVER EH !
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #41: Mar 15, 2020 03:29:39 pm

That clearly depends on how bad the player wants the move. They nicked Sterling off us, Real nicked Coutinho, Barca nicked Suarez, Chelsea nicked Torres, and we nicked errrrr, errrrrr....Joe Alen and errrrr... Oh yeah, Charlie Adam.   :couch: :rasp: >:D

NEVER SAY NEVER EH !

Barca signed Coutinho and Suarez.
      Real signed Alonso.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #42: Mar 15, 2020 08:58:55 pm

NEVER SAY NEVER EH !

Look at the position of the club back then to how it is now.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #43: Mar 16, 2020 07:24:21 am
      Real signed Alonso.

Spot on racer.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #44: Mar 30, 2020 10:06:28 pm
      Real signed Alonso.

I stand corrected 🤫
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #45: Mar 31, 2020 02:23:14 am
      News this morning saying he's almost certain to join United!! Wtf would anyone want to go there? That's 2 quality midfielders who I would have loved to have with us, first was Bruno Fernandez and now possibly this lad. Why wouldn't they chose us?

Also that Koulbailly (however u spell it, sorry) fella being linked with them in another big money move!! What's with the Man U love all of a sudden?

This world has gone crazier then I thought!!!

Quick Reply