Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jadon Sancho (Manchester United)

Read 37243 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund)
      Reply #92: Jul 31, 2020 09:28:42 am
      How many attackers do they need though, they already have Martial, Rashford and Greenwood, plus Dan James on the wing.

He's not really a attacker, he plays RW & LW with the added option of attacking midfielder if needed.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #93: Jul 31, 2020 11:49:44 am
      He's not really a attacker, he plays RW & LW with the added option of attacking midfielder if needed.

The same midfield where you already have Pogba and Fernandes? Seriously I don't quite see where he fits in or who gets dropped to accommodate him. If its just to build squad depth then its a bold move.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #94: Jul 31, 2020 11:59:31 am
      The same midfield where you already have Pogba and Fernandes? Seriously I don't quite see where he fits in or who gets dropped to accommodate him. If its just to build squad depth then its a bold move.

No no no  :lmao: He's so versatilte he could just go in that postion for back up if needed. I can see him mainly playing RW and swapping at times to LW.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #95: Jul 31, 2020 02:15:51 pm
      No no no  :lmao: He's so versatilte he could just go in that postion for back up if needed. I can see him mainly playing RW and swapping at times to LW.

Would it not make more sense to spend that money on a top notch defender, last time I looked Man Utd had a pretty good attack as it is.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #96: Jul 31, 2020 02:29:17 pm
      Would it not make more sense to spend that money on a top notch defender, last time I looked Man Utd had a pretty good attack as it is.

Ive always said and opinion hasn't changed priority is without doubt a CB. Ole's at the wheel remember so he has his own ways  :f_doh:
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #97: Jul 31, 2020 06:28:03 pm
      'Reports' of an initial 59m fee being agreed with plenty of add ons over his contract. Not sure how I feel about these kinds of players coming into the premier league and us making no attempt whatsoever to get any of them.

I understand Jürgen when he says he won't stockpile players. But I don't understand this (it might just be me) scenario where we seem reluctant to have the same quality on the bench as to what's in the team. Instead we seem happier to have players who are inferior, on less money and happy to sit on the bench. When someone goes down it always seems to be square pegs in round holes.

So for example bobby goes down, we dont just replace him, we have to move salah as well, or mane through the middle, and move AOC out of midfield and into the front 3 etc.

So I understand we cant have 26 players all on big bux. But I'd like to gave genuine quality on the bench so we are not weakened when we make changes, whether they cost 60m+ or less is irrelevant to me.

So I trust Jürgen to find genuine works class players, on one of the lowest budgets in the league ... he will have to. Robbo is proof it can be done.

I think he needs to make decisions on Wilson, origi, brewster etc as it's now or never for these lads.

I've accepted we are skint along time ago. But we have the best manager in the business, and all the trophies that matter so it's all good.

But we cant still this summer, we have to improve and if that means letting 5 or 6 go and bringing in 2 world class players, making us leaner and meaner then so be it. Our rivals are going to go big this summer.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #98: Jul 31, 2020 08:22:38 pm
      As much as I'm elated at what we achieved this year, I'm not sure we can repeat that without some quality back up. What we have at the mo, coming off the bench, had us scraping through a few matches, and even losing against Atletico. All be it a keeper error initially, their last goal wasn't a keeper error, but manifested itself after we made the subs. When they made their subs, their game performance went up a notch.
      You could say, but we won what we won, with who we've got. But that worries me while everyone else is strengthening.
      Hope i'm massively wrong and we can go on and dominate the prem for a number of years, but the old adage comes to mind. While your winning, never stand still, always reinvest and move on. Keep ahead of the crowd.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #99: Jul 31, 2020 09:21:01 pm
      'Reports' of an initial 59m fee being agreed with plenty of add ons over his contract. Not sure how I feel about these kinds of players coming into the premier league and us making no attempt whatsoever to get any of them.

I understand Jürgen when he says he won't stockpile players. But I don't understand this (it might just be me) scenario where we seem reluctant to have the same quality on the bench as to what's in the team. Instead we seem happier to have players who are inferior, on less money and happy to sit on the bench. When someone goes down it always seems to be square pegs in round holes.

So for example bobby goes down, we dont just replace him, we have to move salah as well, or mane through the middle, and move AOC out of midfield and into the front 3 etc.

So I understand we cant have 26 players all on big bux. But I'd like to gave genuine quality on the bench so we are not weakened when we make changes, whether they cost 60m+ or less is irrelevant to me.

So I trust Jürgen to find genuine works class players, on one of the lowest budgets in the league ... he will have to. Robbo is proof it can be done.

I think he needs to make decisions on Wilson, origi, brewster etc as it's now or never for these lads.

I've accepted we are skint along time ago. But we have the best manager in the business, and all the trophies that matter so it's all good.

But we cant still this summer, we have to improve and if that means letting 5 or 6 go and bringing in 2 world class players, making us leaner and meaner then so be it. Our rivals are going to go big this summer.

I hardly think its now or never for Rhian.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #100: Aug 01, 2020 02:18:59 pm
      It's already 'never' for Brewster. He was massively overhyped.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #101: Aug 01, 2020 02:51:35 pm

I don’t see Brewster as ever being massively overhyped ?! He clearly has an eye for goal , just suffered a little with his ankle injury.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #102: Aug 01, 2020 03:39:03 pm

That’s the spirit.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #103: Aug 01, 2020 03:47:38 pm

:roll:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #104: Aug 03, 2020 12:27:08 pm
      After hearing on Talkshite that BvB would listen to offers for Sancho & would consider instalment payments I wondered if we could go get him before the MUtants do,
      Apparently according to Bild such offers will be withdrawn from 10th August,

I think we should jump in and do a deal, Henderson is in his 30's Gini, late 20's, Ox is 25, we could get 10 years out of Jadon so the £120m(BvB valuation)is nothing short of daylight robbery when you consider his undoubted potential, 

Also a member of Jadon' s family has let it be known Jadon prefers Liverpool to the MUtants,

No brainer for me, anyone got Jürgen's number?

YNWA
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #105: Aug 03, 2020 01:05:12 pm
      After hearing on Talkshite that BvB would listen to offers for Sancho & would consider instalment payments I wondered if we could go get him before the MUtants do,

I think we should jump in and do a deal, Henderson is in his 30's Gini, late 20's, Ox is 25, we could get 10 years out of Jadon so the £120m(BvB valuation)is nothing short of daylight robbery when you consider his undoubted potential, 

Also a member of Jadon' s family has let it be known Jadon prefers Liverpool to the MUtants,

YNWA

"£120m(BvB valuation)is nothing short of daylight robbery" for who, us or BVB?

Having said that he's a talented kid and I'd love for us to sign him, but Manure will offer a higher weekly salary and that will be the end of that negotiation.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #106: Aug 03, 2020 01:36:27 pm

Having said that he's a talented kid and I'd love for us to sign him, but Manure will offer a higher weekly salary and that will be the end of that negotiation.

Nahhh if we offered a few quid less he would come here. Problems begin with us when its mentioned we will have to pay for him.

Match utd's offer in terms of fee and he would be here in a flash ... even on a few less quid. AOC could have earned alot more at chelsea but chose us. He also chose klopp and imo sancho would choose klopp of ole. We dont have to offer as big a financial package as they will be offering.

We wont cough up 50p at the minute let alone what it would cost to bring quality like sancho in so he will end up down the m62 within the next 2 weeks.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #107: Aug 03, 2020 02:05:24 pm
      What exactly are you basing that information on?

I'm assuming on the fact that we wouldn't stump up the cash for Werner?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #108: Aug 03, 2020 02:49:36 pm

YNWA
      No way Billy not happening   ;D He's United all the way. Lock topic  :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #109: Aug 03, 2020 04:20:10 pm
      What exactly are you basing that information on?

Furlough stuff - FSG that have pretty much said it would be obscene spending vast amounts of money during this time. Catch up lad!!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #110: Aug 03, 2020 04:26:19 pm
      I'm assuming on the fact that we wouldn't stump up the cash for Werner?

Klopp wouldn’t sanction the deal for Werner
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #111: Aug 03, 2020 04:33:12 pm
      Klopp wouldn’t sanction the deal for Werner

Until he's marching up & down the touchline muttering something about it being "that Joe 90 looking tw*t's fault" :laugh:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #112: Aug 03, 2020 05:41:20 pm
      We wouldn’t pay to get Pulisic or Werner so we won’t pay significantly more to get Sancho.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #113: Aug 03, 2020 06:23:45 pm
      No way Billy not happening   ;D He's United all the way. Lock topic  :lmao:

Looks like it Keith, since my post it's become clear a deal has been reached,  poor f**ker, he's resigned to mediocrity and a career of finishing as a also ran, a very rich also ran but nevertheless a title less career with your beloved MUtants,

Almost feel sorry for him,  Almost 😉😁

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #114: Aug 03, 2020 06:30:34 pm

It's all hypothetical now but just for the record BvB valued Sancho @ £120m,
      If we were in the market for him,and he signed,  over 10 years with us would be chicken feed, in the long run,  hence day light robbery,
      It don't matter now looks like hes becoming a MUtant .

Quick Reply