Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jadon Sancho (Manchester United)

Read 37235 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Re: Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund)
      Reply #115: Aug 03, 2020 06:47:06 pm
      After hearing on Talkshite that BvB would listen to offers for Sancho & would consider instalment payments I wondered if we could go get him before the MUtants do,
      Apparently according to Bild such offers will be withdrawn from 10th August,

I think we should jump in and do a deal, Henderson is in his 30's Gini, late 20's, Ox is 25, we could get 10 years out of Jadon so the Ā£120m(BvB valuation)is nothing short of daylight robbery when you consider his undoubted potential, 

Also a member of Jadon' s family has let it be known Jadon prefers Liverpool to the MUtants,

No brainer for me, anyone got JĆ¼rgen's number?

YNWA

Not in a 120 million years are we paying Ā£120 million for one player.

Unless we sold Mo for Ā£200 million which I would not like to see.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #116: Aug 03, 2020 06:58:17 pm
      He would be perfect for us, such a shame
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #117: Aug 03, 2020 07:00:12 pm

Looks like it Keith, since my post it's become clear a deal has been reached,  poor f**ker, he's resigned to mediocrity and a career of finishing as a also ran, a very rich also ran but nevertheless a title less career with your beloved MUtants,

Almost feel sorry for him,  Almost 😉😁

YNWA
      He will improve our side Billy as you know. Still 2/3 more signings to try and catch you lads though. Basically means ( on paper ) should get top four next year.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #118: Aug 03, 2020 07:01:56 pm

Give us a chance to catch you lads up first, you get Sancho and you'd probably be favourites to win league next year.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #119: Aug 03, 2020 07:42:13 pm

Potentially yes. But to pay Ā£120mill for a 20 year old is just madness and slightly desperate IMO. Look at AtlĆ©tico, paid a similar fee for Joao Felix and heā€™s been pretty average for the majority of the season.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #120: Aug 03, 2020 08:13:58 pm
      Potentially yes. But to pay Ā£120mill for a 20 year old is just madness and slightly desperate IMO. Look at AtlĆ©tico, paid a similar fee for Joao Felix and heā€™s been pretty average for the majority of the season.

Certainly crazy money KK that's for sure. Can't believe it's going to cost that much considering covid. United do have a habit of over paying.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #121: Aug 03, 2020 08:20:42 pm
      Certainly crazy money KK that's for sure. Can't believe it's going to cost that much considering covid. United do have a habit of over paying.

Ā£450m net over the last 5 years and very little to show for it.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #122: Aug 03, 2020 08:59:57 pm

They could show the Ā£430 mill debt
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #123: Aug 03, 2020 09:01:08 pm

Sh!t happens  ;D Saving two million a month now that Sanchez gone, it all helps  ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #124: Aug 03, 2020 10:02:11 pm

I know from the outside it could look as though Iā€™m just saying it because we arenā€™t the ones doing it, but it genuinely wouldnā€™t sit right with me paying such a massive amount of money on an unproven player. Sancho has shown potential but heā€™s only been playing as regular for what, season and a half? Itā€™s madness, teams pay far more now for potential rather than proven quality. Just think what Ā£120mill could get you; Unitedā€™s strongest area is in attack, the weakest is the defence, with 120mill you could completely revamp that defence.

Hundreds of millions have been spent now on ā€œpotentialā€, but Iā€™d say well over half of that, probably nearer three quarters of it has been wasted.

United spent about 50mill on Martial and itā€™s taken him about 6 years to have his first good and consistent season. Joao Felix has been a major disappointment from all the promise that was there before he left Portugal. Weā€™ve wasted a lot on the likes of Markovic. I think the only mega money signing of such a young player that has been without doubt a success is Mbappe.

Sancho looks a good player but heā€™s going to be sold for more than double what heā€™s really worth. United will never recoup the money they will pay for him and he wonā€™t suddenly catapult them to success because the defence and keeper is such a liability so it seems more of a very expensive sideways step.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #125: Aug 03, 2020 10:50:34 pm
      I know from the outside it could look as though Iā€™m just saying it because we arenā€™t the ones doing it, but it genuinely wouldnā€™t sit right with me paying such a massive amount of money on an unproven player. Sancho has shown potential but heā€™s only been playing as regular for what, season and a half? Itā€™s madness, teams pay far more now for potential rather than proven quality. Just think what Ā£120mill could get you; Unitedā€™s strongest area is in attack, the weakest is the defence, with 120mill you could completely revamp that defence.

Hundreds of millions have been spent now on ā€œpotentialā€, but Iā€™d say well over half of that, probably nearer three quarters of it has been wasted.

United spent about 50mill on Martial and itā€™s taken him about 6 years to have his first good and consistent season. Joao Felix has been a major disappointment from all the promise that was there before he left Portugal. Weā€™ve wasted a lot on the likes of Markovic. I think the only mega money signing of such a young player that has been without doubt a success is Mbappe.

Sancho looks a good player but heā€™s going to be sold for more than double what heā€™s really worth. United will never recoup the money they will pay for him and he wonā€™t suddenly catapult them to success because the defence and keeper is such a liability so it seems more of a very expensive sideways step.

Its a common defence mechanism for rival fans to say he's not worth ex amount of money because they may or may not of missed out. Hell i hate the kind of money any team spends on transfers these days as its just obscene. Most clubs just say pay it  or basically F**k off.

At the time you bought VVD many said (( including myself )) he's not worth the Ā£75 million you paid for him. Wasn't long before he proved all the doubters wrong. Some you win, some you lose. What we lose on Sancho you could argue we gained on Bruno.

I know at the end of the day  if you lads had paid Ā£120 million  some would say its too much and others say he's quality for one so young so buying potential. Its sods law KK.  At the end of the day from a fans base point of view he will improve our side. As you know we've been going through a transitional period and this is simply what United have to do too catch you up.

Ive said many times and will stand by it from a fans perspective much as i don't like the money spent on players in today's market if it improves the team to go on and win trophies then im very happy, if all else fails least it gets the heart beating again with excitement.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #126: Aug 03, 2020 11:02:08 pm
      Its a common defence mechanism for rival fans to say he's not worth ex amount of money because they may or may not of missed out. Hell i hate the kind of money any team spends on transfers these days as its just obscene. Most clubs just say pay it  or basically f**k off.

At the time you bought VVD many said (( including myself )) he's not worth the Ā£75 million you paid for him. Wasn't long before he proved all the doubters wrong. Some you win, some you lose. What we lose on Sancho you could argue we gained on Bruno.

I know at the end of the day  if you lads had paid Ā£120 million  some would say its too much and others say he's quality for one so young so buying potential. Its sods law KK.  At the end of the day from a fans base point of view he will improve our side. As you know we've been going through a transitional period and this is simply what United have to do too catch you up.

Ive said many times and will stand by it from a fans perspective much as i don't like the money spent on players in today's market if it improves the team to go on and win trophies then im very happy, if all else fails least it gets the heart beating again with excitement.

Or just keep Maguire and Lindelof, they will get your heart beating....probably more out of fear mind :laugh:

Out of curiosity. If he goes the same way as the likes of Joao Felix...or keeping it more United based; Lukaku, Pogba etc who didnā€™t live up to their price tags, where does the club go from there because 75 and 90mill on them two players for example was a massive amount of money, but Ā£120mill is something else.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #127: Aug 03, 2020 11:23:52 pm
      Its a common defence mechanism for rival fans to say he's not worth ex amount of money because they may or may not of missed out. Hell i hate the kind of money any team spends on transfers these days as its just obscene. Most clubs just say pay it  or basically f**k off.

Fernandez will cost you nearly 70M with add ons and has had one half a decent  season need a lot more than that to make on him
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #128: Aug 03, 2020 11:25:16 pm
      Or just keep Maguire and Lindelof, they will get your heart beating....probably more out of fear mind :laugh:

Out of curiosity. If he goes the same way as the likes of Joao Felix...or keeping it more United based; Lukaku, Pogba etc who didnā€™t live up to their price tags, where does the club go from there because 75 and 90mill on them two players for example was a massive amount of money, but Ā£120mill is something else.

Yeah Maguire & Lindelof concern me considerably, certainly no Ferdinand - Vidic - Pallister - Bruce - Stam  etc etc.

I'm not going to second guess with players that haven't worked out but Pogba most definitely not on that list.  The club continues like all the premier league clubs do. If its a bad year just like it can be on the pitch its written off and move on.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #129: Aug 03, 2020 11:27:02 pm
      Fernandez will cost you nearly 70M with add ons and has had one half a decent  season need a lot more than that to make on him

Won't cost me anything but know what you mean.  ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #130: Aug 03, 2020 11:46:54 pm
      Pogba most definitely not on that list.

You think heā€™s justified Ā£90mill?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #131: Aug 04, 2020 12:13:22 am
      You think heā€™s justified Ā£90mill?

I dont think in today's market anyone can justify their price tag although you could argue im a dinosaur in that department. If you don't pay then we all end up like Palace, Burnley, Everton, West hams of this world and just make up the numbers.

Let me ask you something?
      You lads just won the holy grail of football by a landslide, you happy going into next season without  dabbling in the transfer market? If you are given a chance to improve your side albeit 120 million for one signing surley you take it? Its been well publicized by many fans and pundits you should always improve the side and don't let others catch up.

Even Souness said its a mistake but that isn't Klopps fault its the owners, least our owners are trying to rebuild. Sitting back never ideal we both know that KK.

You'd of thought winning the league by 18 points that you don't need to improve, that being the case why aren't you favourite for next year? Reason is simple in my opinion.

20/21 season i can see more injuries early doors for all clubs, your squad not deep enough and just favors City's who have a bench that could put another team in and do quite well. If the new rule about 5 subs comes into play City will be laughing. At the same time i thought Liverpool did very well overall with few injuries this season. It most deafinitely won't be the case in the new season.

Not saying you won't win the league but can't see it being a landslide again. Just admit it you'd of liked Sancho if it was possible.  ;D

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #132: Aug 04, 2020 12:21:57 am
      If you don't pay then we all end up like Palace, Burnley, Everton, West hams of this world and just make up the numbers.

Itā€™s not about how much you pay though, itā€™s how you spend that money which is the important part. A point I probably make too often is the Mendy and Robertson example, Mendy was the talk of football in terms of left backs at the time on the back of a fine season with Monaco so City went and paid 50mill+ for him, whilst we went and signed a player from relegated Hull for 7mill. One team made a signing based on him being the right player, the other made a signing based on a high profile and itā€™s the 7mill defender who not many people had really noticed that has completely eclipsed the big name at the time.

Let me ask you something?
      You lads just won the holy grail of football by a landslide, you happy going into next season without  dabbling in the transfer market? If you are given a chance to improve your side albeit 120 million for one signing surley you take it? Its been well publicized by many fans and pundits you should always improve the side and don't let others catch up.

I think we do need to do something in the transfer window but I donā€™t think the thing we need to do is pay 120mill for one player. There are very few players out there that we could sign that would actually be able to come straight into our team as a definitive first choice. Iā€™d rather we didnā€™t sign anyone than pay 120mill for one player because itā€™s just poor decision making if we were to do that when we have a few areas that need addressing. Instead of 120mill on one player, we need to spend the money (for example that sum) across 3 or 4 players. We need cover at left back, cover at CB and cover in attack, but I donā€™t think there is any player out there that would justify us paying that amount for him. Likewise your attack, your attack doesnā€™t need a 120mill addition, where as your defence definitely does need significant improvement. Sancho is more of a luxury signing than a necessity, for both us and you.

Not saying you won't win the league but can't see it being a landslide again. Just admit it you'd of liked Sancho if it was possible.

Who knows, I donā€™t think anyone would have predicted a landslide win a year ago given City managed to win the league despite us getting 97 points. Likewise I didnā€™t expect us to get 97 points again this season, never mind going beyond that to 99.
      If it was possible to sign Sancho for a much more realistic fee, more along the lines of what Pulisic went for then yeah absolutely, but anything more than that? Nah not for me, not even in the slightest bit interested in us signing him or anyone else for such a fee because we simply donā€™t need it.

But we will see, if the move goes through then he will either justify it or he wonā€™t, only time will tell. Personally I hope it does go through because I think there is then less chance of you improving the areas of your team that actually needs it...and then hopefully he turns out to be the worst signing you could have possibly of made :laugh:
      « Last Edit: Aug 04, 2020 12:36:35 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #133: Aug 04, 2020 12:36:22 am

If it was possible to sign Sancho for a much more realistic fee, more along the lines of what Pulisic went for then yeah absolutely, but anything more than that? Nah not for me, not even in the slightest bit interested in us signing him or anyone else for such a fee because we simply donā€™t need it.

Think your a minority as a fan KK . Pretty sure if it went to a vote fans would jump at it if it was that or nothing. Spending 120 million on overall squad improvement wouldn't be a bad idea though.

You have 11 players that can win the league again if no injuries. We both think it's a luxury buy though. Sadly Ole won't listen to me as I like you would definitely spend 120 million on our defence.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #134: Aug 04, 2020 12:39:31 am
      Think your a minority as a fan KK . Pretty sure if it went to a vote fans would jump at it if it was that or nothing. Spending 120 million on overall squad improvement wouldn't be a bad idea though.

I agree, because people like to see their club spend money, sometimes people get caught up in the luxury of a player or a big fee rather than focussing on the necessity of it...then many of them will be happily moaning what a waste of money it is if the signing doesnā€™t work out. Itā€™s all one big circle.
      « Last Edit: Aug 04, 2020 12:47:39 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #135: Aug 04, 2020 04:08:01 am

You have 11 players that can win the league again if no injuries. We both think it's a luxury buy though. Sadly Ole won't listen to me as I like you would definitely spend 120 million on our defence.

I think a lot of people are losing their minds over clubs spending big money while we stay put. However, is Werner or Havertz gonna be able to play CB for Chelsea and keep out goals?

Sancho going to y'all looks great. The kid is really talented and will prolly continue to improve and become a great player. However, with all the young talent you have upfront that money would probably be better served to keep out goals, not score them.

At this point, Klopp and his staff have delivered. I trust them. They have found great players for cheap in the past. We also have young guys that are more ready and continue to improve. Trust in the system boys. We may be seeing something very similar to the boot room in 2020.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #136: Aug 04, 2020 09:44:42 am

What irritates me is the uneven playing field, yourselves, City and Chelsea always spend far more money then the other clubs in the Prem on transfer fees and crucially on wages, with varying degrees of success, Alexis Sanchez being a prime example. This makes it almost impossible for other clubs to compete in the transfer market for the top talent and means they have to be a bit smarter and try to pick up the emerging talent which is always a bit more hit and miss and deprives you of getting players who make an instant impact, normally needing a bit longer to settle in etc.  An example of this is Werner who should be our player if it were not for Chelsea stepping in at the last moment and offering him double the wages, there is simply no way we could match that without completely F***ing up our wage structure and what puzzles me is how these other clubs can sustain this year after year whilst staying within FFP.

The only exceptions to this for Liverpool were Virgil and Allison, who were top players when bought, but they were funded by the sale of Coutinhio and were absolute crucial positions, they were however a big exception to how we normally do business.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #137: Aug 04, 2020 09:52:26 am

Ā£120m could be much better spent by us and also by you, you do not need to buy a 20 year old with potential for that amount of money, its crazy. Its the kind of punt a big club would make if they need to drastically freshen up their attack, but that's the one area where your lot are looking good. It is in all regards a weird signing, but a very Man Utd one where money is seemingly no object.

Quick Reply