Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jadon Sancho (Manchester United)

Read 37249 times
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Re: Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund)
      Reply #138: Aug 04, 2020 10:10:19 am
      With this signing United will definitely have their forward line set up for the next 10+ years. While they’re not a patch on our front 3 currently, they now have 3 young, talented English forwards who are among the most exciting prospects around. It’s just arrogance and bias if you don’t admit that. I imagine in the years to come the figure will become insignificant and will be similar to the Van Dijk situation when, rather than looking at the individual price, we talk about the fact that we spent £85m on our back 4.

Saying all this it’s just another example of how impressive our position at the summit of English football is when we are surrounded by teams who can throw money about like United, City and Chelsea. Not sure where they are getting this money from considering there’s no talk of selling anyone for significant money, they spent anywhere between £50-70m for Fernandes in January and the considerable drop in revenue caused by Covid.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #139: Aug 04, 2020 10:15:17 am
      With this signing United will definitely have their forward line set up for the next 10+ years. While they’re not a patch on our front 3 currently, they now have 3 young, talented English forwards who are among the most exciting prospects around. It’s just arrogance and bias if you don’t admit that. I imagine in the years to come the figure will become insignificant and will be similar to the Van Dijk situation when, rather than looking at the individual price, we talk about the fact that we spent £85m on our back 4.

Saying all this it’s just another example of how impressive our position at the summit of English football is when we are surrounded by teams who can throw money about like United, City and Chelsea. Not sure where they are getting this money from considering there’s no talk of selling anyone for significant money, they spent anywhere between £50-70m for Fernandes in January and the considerable drop in revenue caused by Covid.

No one is doubting that Jadon Snacho has huge potential but sorry he is not even close to being an Mbappe in my opinion, £120m for someone who is yet to really deliver on the big stage is utterly insane, when we spent big money on Virgil and Allison they were already very close to the top of their game and widely recognised as such, but they are the exception to how we normally do business. We have to be smarter and target the next big thing before they emerge, we simply cannot compete with the likes of the Manchester clubs and other petro dollar clubs.

You say that £120m over 10 years is nothing but what if we doesn't deliver or fails to fit in and ends up being sold for £30m in a few years time, is he still worth the money??
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #140: Aug 04, 2020 10:31:12 am
      What irritates me is the uneven playing field, yourselves, City and Chelsea always spend far more money then the other clubs in the Prem on transfer fees and crucially on wages,

STOP!! please please don't compare us with City & Chavs. We already know City have cheated and Chavs also have a dubious owner.

Uniteds revenue comes from having one of the biggest fan basis in the world. 75,000 fans every second week tells its own story so please please let's not go down the jealously route. No English club comes near us in that department so take the rose tinted glasses off. If Liverpool were getting the same crowds in with the same revenue there'd be doing the same thing.

I'm not making any further comment on this as it's futile with you when you have a bee in your bonnet.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #141: Aug 04, 2020 10:32:16 am
      £120m could be much better spent by us and also by you, you do not need to buy a 20 year old with potential for that amount of money, its crazy. Its the kind of punt a big club would make if they need to drastically freshen up their attack, but that's the one area where your lot are looking good. It is in all regards a weird signing, but a very Man Utd one where money is seemingly no object.

Already agreed on this with KK so nothing new here.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #142: Aug 04, 2020 10:35:13 am
      With this signing United will definitely have their forward line set up for the next 10+ years. While they’re not a patch on our front 3 currently, they now have 3 young, talented English forwards who are among the most exciting prospects around.

Purely based on stats didn't our front 3 score more than your front 3?
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #143: Aug 04, 2020 10:38:01 am
      No one is doubting that Jadon Snacho has huge potential but sorry he is not even close to being an Mbappe in my opinion, £120m for someone who is yet to really deliver on the big stage is utterly insane, when we spent big money on Virgil and Allison they were already very close to the top of their game and widely recognised as such, but they are the exception to how we normally do business. We have to be smarter and target the next big thing before they emerge, we simply cannot compete with the likes of the Manchester clubs and other petro dollar clubs.

You say that £120m over 10 years is nothing but what if we doesn't deliver or fails to fit in and ends up being sold for £30m in a few years time, is he still worth the money??
      You know the answer to that. Although I would say that he would need to fall off a cliff to be sold at that price at such a young age and in an ever inflating transfer market. Entirely hypothetical and I could just as easily ask, ‘what if he was sold in a few years for £200m?’

Anytime you spend big money though it is effectively a gamble. You say Van Dijk was at the top of his game but he really wasn’t. I don’t think many people could really have expected Van Dijk to reach the heights he has. While he was solid and impressive at Southampton and Celtic, he really has reached another level since he joined us. With Alisson, we signed him after one full season as number 1 with Roma. Again, testament to the people involved with his signing.

Not saying I agree with the money spent by United, especially in the current climate, but just adding a bit of perspective.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #144: Aug 04, 2020 10:38:31 am
      No one is doubting that Jadon Snacho has huge potential but sorry he is not even close to being an Mbappe in my opinion, £120m for someone who is yet to really deliver on the big stage is utterly insane,

Can't see where ConzS compares him with Mbappe? Have I missed something?
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #145: Aug 04, 2020 10:49:45 am
      I thought you would hit out with that. I’ll counter your question with a question. Danny Ings scored more goals than Harry Kane this season, does that make him a better player?

Far too many variables to take in to account to be basing it purely on that.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #146: Aug 04, 2020 10:58:17 am
      I thought you would hit out with that. I’ll counter your question with a question. Danny Ings scored more goals than Harry Kane this season, does that make him a better player?

Far too many variables to take in to account to be basing it purely on that.

Danny Ings ? Is he part of your front 3  ;D Come on ConzS, your scraping the barrel with that one  :lmao:
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #147: Aug 04, 2020 11:22:24 am

Bet you your three scored a way higher total percentage of your goals this season than ours, which suggests an over reliance on them. I'd also be surprised if our boys didn't assist more than yours as well, not sure on the stats for that. Assume goals scored stat would include the Europa League games against less than stellar opposition, although ultimately all goals count whoever they're scored against.

I think if you delved deeper into those stats and their implications, it would certainly lend itself to the argument you need more reinforcements other than in attack. As good as Sancho is - fee aside, I think he's going to be highly effective and a real quality player - is he really what you need to spend that amount of money on? Inclined to agree with KK that 120m could buy you several defenders which you desperately need. If you end up with them as well as Sancho, well that would give you something to be happy about.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #148: Aug 04, 2020 11:23:06 am
      £120 million? Seriously? I can see another Pogba type hype and flop coming  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #149: Aug 04, 2020 12:06:52 pm
      Sh!t happens  ;D Saving two million a month now that Sanchez gone, it all helps  ;D

Keep spending on shiney things while neglecting the areas you do need to improve. I'm all for it. Sancho still needs to prove it in the prem first. This could end up like Zaha all over again  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #150: Aug 04, 2020 12:25:35 pm
      Bet you your three scored a way higher total percentage of your goals this season than ours, which suggests an over reliance on them. I'd also be surprised if our boys didn't assist more than yours as well, not sure on the stats for that. Assume goals scored stat would include the Europa League games against less than stellar opposition, although ultimately all goals count whoever they're scored against.

I think if you delved deeper into those stats and their implications, it would certainly lend itself to the argument you need more reinforcements other than in attack. As good as Sancho is - fee aside, I think he's going to be highly effective and a real quality player - is he really what you need to spend that amount of money on? Inclined to agree with KK that 120m could buy you several defenders which you desperately need. If you end up with them as well as Sancho, well that would give you something to be happy about.

I don't know just read it so basically copied & pasted, dont know the details  ;D KK and I said same thing so you agree with me and KK  not jut KK  :D

If you read our post it certainly is a luxury buy but Ole at the wheel does his own driving so won't
      listen to us fans.  ;D

No doubt Sancho has quality but still has to prove it in the premier league, we all know that's no easy task.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #151: Aug 04, 2020 12:27:43 pm
      £120 million? Seriously? I can see another Pogba type hype and flop coming  ;D

If he turns out as good  as Pogba I'll be more than happy. Hopefully just more consistent.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #152: Aug 04, 2020 12:29:12 pm
      Keep spending on shiney things while neglecting the areas you do need to improve. I'm all for it. Sancho still needs to prove it in the prem first. This could end up like Zaha all over again  ;D

This is always the case with big money standings, it's the norm so nothing new.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #153: Aug 04, 2020 12:30:29 pm
      If he turns out as good  as Pogba I'll be more than happy. Hopefully just more consistent.

I guess you see more of "The Pog" Keith.....

He wouldn't get near our team and I'd rather have great kids like Curtis and Harvey on the bench than that big gimpy primadonna......
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #154: Aug 04, 2020 12:34:31 pm
      I guess you see more of "The Pog" Keith.....

He wouldn't get near our team and I'd rather have great kids like Curtis and Harvey on the bench than that big gimpy primadonna......

We shall agree to differ on that one Scotia  :)
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #155: Aug 04, 2020 12:48:04 pm

The most overrated apparent big player I probably have seen? Hope so as well Keith 😉
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #156: Aug 04, 2020 12:50:04 pm
      We shall agree to differ on that one Scotia  :)

Noted and understood matey.

I'm not questioning his ability - its just a fact that we couldnt carry him the way we play.

The bench point is just my view.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #157: Aug 04, 2020 12:52:22 pm
      Noted and understood matey.

I'm not questioning his ability - its just a fact that we couldnt carry him the way we play.

The bench point is just my view.

Course mate it's all about opinions, we don't have to be right to have one.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #158: Aug 04, 2020 12:54:52 pm
      Course mate it's all about opinions, we don't have to be right to have one.

You do not ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #159: Aug 04, 2020 12:56:41 pm

Well you got that one right  ;)  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #160: Aug 04, 2020 01:40:13 pm
      This is always the case with big money standings, it's the norm so nothing new.

Should give you the job of centre back la the amount of defending you're doing in here :lmao:

Quick Reply