Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Jadon Sancho (Manchester United)

Read 37119 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,627 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund)
      Reply #161: Aug 04, 2020 01:43:20 pm
      Should give you the job of centre back la the amount of defending you're doing in here :lmao:

:lmao: Brillant HR  :lmao:

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #162: Aug 04, 2020 02:10:35 pm
      STOP!! please please don't compare us with City & Chavs. We already know City have cheated and Chavs also have a dubious owner.

Uniteds revenue comes from having one of the biggest fan basis in the world. 75,000 fans every second week tells its own story so please please let's not go down the jealously route. No English club comes near us in that department so take the rose tinted glasses off. If Liverpool were getting the same crowds in with the same revenue there'd be doing the same thing.

I'm not making any further comment on this as it's futile with you when you have a bee in your bonnet.  ;D

Feel like I might have touched a nerve there ;-). Man Utd does generate its own revenues, I'll give you that, but one of the main reasons why Ferguson and Man Utd were able to dominate English football over the last 3 decades was that you guys were by far the richest club, similar to Bayern in Germany,you more or less admit to that yourself.  Its that uneven playing field I refer to, I'll grant you that Chavs and Citeh are far far worse as their revenues are completely artificial.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #163: Aug 04, 2020 02:16:48 pm
      This is always the case with big money standings, it's the norm so nothing new.

actually its not always the case, unless you refer exclusively to Man Utd. For example our two expensive purchases were defensive, Virgil and Allison, to give us the quality we needed to launch a title bid, Sancho will not do that for Utd, not when you already have such an amazing front three, far better than ours apparently!!!!!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,627 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #164: Aug 04, 2020 03:15:54 pm
      Feel like I might have touched a nerve there ;-). Man Utd does generate its own revenues, I'll give you that, but one of the main reasons why Ferguson and Man Utd were able to dominate English football over the last 3 decades was that you guys were by far the richest club, similar to Bayern in Germany,you more or less admit to that yourself.  Its that uneven playing field I refer to, I'll grant you that Chavs and Citeh are far far worse as their revenues are completely artificial.

;D ;D
      You struck your own nerve not mine   :lmao:

I'm not sure the class of 92 would agree when you when consider United have had the best youth academy in world football mate.

Heimdall you really need to give up on this one. Bless you for trying  though.  :D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #165: Aug 04, 2020 03:32:39 pm
      ;D ;D
      You struck your own nerve not mine   :lmao:

I'm not sure the class of 92 would agree when you when consider United have had the best youth academy in world football mate.

Heimdall you really need to give up on this one. Bless you for trying  though.  :D

I didn't realise that Rio Ferdinand, Vidic, Stam, Cantona, Van Persie, Rooney, Yorke, Cole, Ronaldo etc etc etc all came through the academy. You do have a good academy but even in the last 5 years Man Utd have spent £450m to our £75m. So I think you are the one that needs to realise that your club have relied on being able to buy success for quite some time now.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #166: Aug 04, 2020 03:58:52 pm
      Purely based on stats didn't our front 3 score more than your front 3?

To be fair 2 of our 3 forwards out scored all of yours in the league. Difference is we were playing Champions League whilst you’ve been playing minnows in the Europa League.
      It’s like comparing a player scoring more league goals in the lower division than what someone has managed in the Premier League.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #167: Aug 04, 2020 04:03:00 pm
      To be fair 2 of our 3 forwards out scored all of yours in the league. Difference is we were playing Champions League whilst you’ve been playing minnows in the Europa League.
      It’s like comparing a player scoring more league goals in the lower division than what someone has managed in the Premier League.

In which case the only meaningful stat is the premier league where we scored 85 goals compared to Manure's 66, never realised our midfielders and defenders scored so many goals, but that's great news as it led to us finishing the league 33 points ahead of them! ;-)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #168: Aug 04, 2020 04:05:17 pm
      In which case the only meaningful stat is the premier league where we scored 85 goals compared to Manure's 66, never realised our midfielders and defenders scored so many goals, but that's great news as it led to us finishing the league 33 points ahead of them! ;-)

Basically yes.

All 3 of our forwards got more assists too. So yeah I wouldn’t be including opponents in some semi pro team from the outskirts of Russia or wherever in a stats comparison :laugh:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,627 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #169: Aug 04, 2020 04:18:58 pm
      I didn't realise that Rio Ferdinand, Vidic, Stam, Cantona, Van Persie, Rooney, Yorke, Cole, Ronaldo etc etc etc all came through the academy. You do have a good academy but even in the last 5 years Man Utd have spent £450m to our £75m. So I think you are the one that needs to realise that your club have relied on being able to buy success for quite some time now.

I can see why plenty of  forum members call you a WUM  :lmao: However, you're good for the banter which I very much enjoy.  ;D

Who mentioned the above names in relation to the academy ? This year alone we had 12 academy graduates feature in the Premier League.

If it's only (( in your words good )) who's better?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,627 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #170: Aug 04, 2020 04:20:33 pm

Just a bit of banter that KK. Bit like people comparing Greenwood with Brewster  :)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #171: Aug 04, 2020 08:49:40 pm
      So Sancho will reportedly cost United £115 million with £15 million of it paid to City. And another £340k per week in wages over 5 years.

So over £200 million between fee and wages for one player.

They can have him.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,070 posts | 1615 
      Reply #172: Aug 04, 2020 09:25:31 pm
      So Sancho will reportedly cost United £115 million with £15 million of it paid to City. And another £340k per week in wages over 5 years.

They can have him.

Some saying miles apart valuation and personal terms
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #173: Aug 04, 2020 09:32:04 pm
      Some saying miles apart valuation and personal terms

Doubt it.

All clubs and players know United overpay on fees and salaries.

Why would this be any different?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,627 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #174: Aug 04, 2020 09:36:25 pm
      Doubt it.

Correct Baz, we nearly always get milked  :f_steam:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,010 posts | 2735 
      Reply #175: Aug 04, 2020 11:41:01 pm

They can have him.

I think he's a brilliant player who barring injuries will go onto be a top 3 player in the world but that's a hell of a lot to pay.

Was kind of hoping it would fall through for United this summer but if that's his wage demands then we wouldn't be in for him next summer anyway.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #176: Aug 05, 2020 12:01:18 am
      I think he's a brilliant player who barring injuries will go onto be a top 3 player in the world but that's a hell of a lot to pay.

Was kind of hoping it would fall through for United this summer but if that's his wage demands then we wouldn't be in for him next summer anyway.

Who would the other players be in your top 3?

I think Sancho looks good but not that special, he has a lot of potential though.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #177: Aug 05, 2020 02:19:37 am
      Doubt it.

Maybe he thinks he can get even more money
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,627 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #178: Aug 05, 2020 08:26:55 am

If what you say is true then many would argue that's cheap. Don't you get fed up of reading media Bullsh!t about prices of players, teams who players go for etc etc. Personally does my head in. United been linked with about 30 players now. There's more  bullsh!t in social media than what come out of Aussie reds mouth  :f_whistle:  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,627 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #179: Aug 05, 2020 08:28:37 am
      Who would the other players be in your top 3?

I think Sancho looks good but not that special, he has a lot of potential though.

Sancho or Greenwood ?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #180: Aug 05, 2020 08:55:08 am

I think both are very overhyped players, they have a tonne of potential but there is no way that Sancho justifies his current price tag, that kind of valuation should only be a for a proven winner who has displayed consistent top level ability over several years.

Given the choice I'd be more inclined to go with Greenwood although they are slightly different positions.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,627 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #181: Aug 05, 2020 11:06:41 am
      I think both are very overhyped players, they have a tonne of potential but there is no way that Sancho justifies his current price tag, that kind of valuation should only be a for a proven winner who has displayed consistent top level ability over several years.

Given the choice I'd be more inclined to go with Greenwood although they are slightly different positions.

I pretty much think any player under 21 gets overhyped in today's media, it's the new norm.....
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,010 posts | 2735 
      Reply #182: Aug 05, 2020 11:13:55 am
      If what you say is true then many would argue that's cheap. Don't you get fed up of reading media Bullsh!t about prices of players, teams who players go for etc etc. Personally does my head in. United been linked with about 30 players now. There's more  bullsh!t in social media than what come out of Aussie reds mouth  :f_whistle:  :lmao:

It's hard to call it 'cheap' as he needs to stay injury free and focused mentally to deliver on that potential but yeah if he does that then it'll look good value in a few years time.

PSG and Barca to blame for this. PSG paying 200m for Neymar and then Barca going and spending 100m+ on Dembele a few days later who'd only had one good season with Dortmund. Add on the 'English tax' and you can see why Sancho commands that kind of fee in this market.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Reply #183: Aug 05, 2020 10:41:34 pm
      I'm assuming on the fact that we wouldn't stump up the cash for Werner?

I'm not saying we would pay for him but just because we don't 'stump up' for one player doesn't necessarily mean we won't for another.

I agree with you in that we won't buy Sancho for the same reason I've always thought we won't pay big money for any transfer this summer but I don't think it's as simple as we wouldn't pay for Player X because we didn't for Player Y.
      « Last Edit: Aug 05, 2020 10:57:14 pm by srslfc »

Quick Reply