Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Sat 16th May @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 5th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W16 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Norwich?

Alisson
      16 (18%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.1%)
      Joe Gomez
      2 (2.2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      6 (6.7%)
      Naby Keïta
      5 (5.6%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      31 (34.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (3.4%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      25 (28.1%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Voting closed: Feb 19, 2020 07:21:05 pm

Norwich City 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 2736 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,419 posts | 1360 
      Re: Norwich City 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #250: Feb 17, 2020 04:58:33 am
      I sat with my soon to be wife. We never watch football together because she hates it and she leaves me to it quietly however yesterday afternoon I had to cook her dinner and then had to watch it together.

One thing she observes are the obvious ones that I brush off during games since I'm more focused on the result. She said that we were very physical and I told her we're not. This morning, I re-watch the second half and noticed Keita and Henderson putting challenges so to get the ball back quickly. We are a physical team, yes she is right (will never admit it to her :) ) but not a dirty one.

The more games we win, the more games we are focused on the result not on 'class'. Do not get me right because we are the best team.

Take it from a veteran, Give telling her she is right a try - you might enjoy the results.  :)
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,776 posts | 564 
      Reply #251: Feb 17, 2020 10:58:36 am
      Quote from sms1986
      It's not 100% fact but as you say, it would require a lot of things to go right for others and wrong for us. We've already qualified anyway due to having won the competition last season so even if the worst happened we would still be in the CL next season.

I'm confused.

We've already qualified because we won it last year. (which is the first I've heard of it) Yet despite that, it's not 100% fact. :confused-smiley-013: Tell us more.

The usual awful, scrappy battle at Norwich. Ok we won again, but whether it's 5-4, 3-2, 2-1, or 1-0, we rarely have everything all our own way down there. For a side who desperately need wins if they want to beat the drop, they seemed happy enough to sit there, park the bus, and take a meaningless point with their one shot on target.

As is often the case, we looked rusty after a lengthy break. It was an awful game in terrible conditions, chances were scarce, and it looked like it was going to be one of those days. Then Mane showed up and took the one chance he got. We needed 5 goals to win our last game there, but 1 goal was enough this time, it still equals 3 points. We were probably a more exciting team then, but we are a better team now. People talk lovingly about European Cups and we do, but there is a warmth about winning the league title that can't be replaced by anything else. It's our payout for surviving horrible trips on horrible days like this. We're unlikely to have the lead we currently have by the time we play our next game, but we then have 3 games to pile up another 9 points before the rivals play again. Just 15 more points are required from the next 36, to start the biggest party we've seen over the past 30 years. Bigger than Istanbul, bigger than Madrid, better than them all in the years since.

I think we'll have qualified for the next European Cup campaign by then.
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,418 posts | 357 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #252: Feb 17, 2020 11:19:02 am
      Another brilliant win. only 5 wins away from the title. Fantastic stuff!
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 629 posts | 189 
      Reply #253: Feb 17, 2020 04:45:45 pm
      Ah so you don't know either but thought you'd just have a sly dig, wum!

Well you really are a Charlie then, we won it last  season so automatically go into it. So technically we could finish outside of the top 4/5.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,419 posts | 1360 
      Reply #254: Feb 17, 2020 04:53:49 pm
      Well you really are a Charlie then, we won it last  season so automatically go into it. So technically we could finish outside of the top 4/5.

So...are we debating whether winning last season's Champions League qualifies for next season's?
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 629 posts | 189 
      Reply #255: Feb 17, 2020 04:57:55 pm
      So...are we debating whether winning last season's Champions League qualifies for next season's?
      No fella I got it wrong, was getting ahead of myself and apologies to Heimdall.

Quick Reply