Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Norwich?

Alisson
      16 (18%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.1%)
      Joe Gomez
      2 (2.2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      6 (6.7%)
      Naby Keïta
      5 (5.6%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      31 (34.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (3.4%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      25 (28.1%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Voting closed: Feb 19, 2020 07:21:05 pm

Norwich City 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 15794 times
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Re: Norwich City 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #207: Feb 15, 2020 07:49:31 pm
      Norwich City boss Daniel Farke speaking to Sky Sports: "It’s disappointing because we did many things today we wanted to achieve really well. It was a moment of magic from [Sadio] Mane that proved crucial to Liverpool winning this game.

"When we create chances we have to be effective, when you are two-on-one on the goalkeeper it must be a goal but sadly we missed that chance.

"We were playing the best team in the world. It was sad that during a period that we had more control that they were able to score. We were close to a good result but have to accept the loss.

"When you watch our last 15 games or so, barring one game, they have all been decided by one goal."
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #208: Feb 15, 2020 07:50:33 pm
      We've qualified for the next season's Champions League.. :laugh:
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #209: Feb 15, 2020 07:54:24 pm
      Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp on the Manchester City European football ban: "It was a shock. Complete wow. The only thing I can say is about football. What they have done on the football pitch is exceptional. The rest, I don't know. You believe the people you work with, that's how it is.

"I really feel for them, Pep [Guardiola] and the players, but that is how it is. They can appeal so we will see what happens then. It is obviously serious. But the football they played was exceptional and will always be exceptional."

More from Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp talking to Sky Sports: "It was a difficult game for different reasons. The wind, the organisation of the opponent and the way we played first half made it tricky for us. The distance between the line was too big, too early with the long ball, no second player around to collect the second ball. It was not exactly like we wanted to do. The counter press was not there because we didn't push up enough, so football. We still had nice situations, good set pieces but not really much more.

"Fabinho coming on was very important for the organisation. Saido [Mane] was fresh and he helped us to win the game, which was outstanding. I have to watch the goal back but I'm pretty sure it was a fantastic finish.

"I could tell in all the players faces that they weren't nervous, they were enjoying it, and if one team was going to score it was going to be us. We protected against the counter attack well too. It's really all about the these wonderful football players.

"The gap is so insane, I don't really understand it. I'm not smart enough. I've not had that before. It's outstanding, it's so difficult. I go back into the changing room and we chat about the things and then I'm like oh, but congratulations. We won the game, another three points."
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #210: Feb 15, 2020 07:57:44 pm
      In memory of Justin Fashanu.

He was the first footballer to come out as gay in 1990. In 1998, he took his own life.

I remember watching this on Match of the Day, in 1980.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wk34X94Whk

40 years ago and it is still as breathtaking.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #211: Feb 15, 2020 07:59:06 pm
      Jürgen's interviews make the job easy for the interviewer unlike most of the others who are often surly.
      Cant wait for Athletico this was a really good warm up game for thelads
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #212: Feb 15, 2020 08:00:35 pm
      In other news, we have just won our 17th game in a row.

Is the record 18 by City?

West Ham next in the league.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #213: Feb 15, 2020 08:00:56 pm
      I thought we played pretty well. Norwich are always gonna try run through you with the players they’ve got. When we were getting a bit stressed, we pushed up a bit too far and had a rush to cover their counter. The wind was awefull, with players positioning themselves for a take, and the ball not reaching them. Can’t plan for that, looks messy when you’re all on the front foot and suddenly you’re needed in the opposite direction.
      Same for both sides yes, but they weren’t trying to break through a 9/10 man well were they.
      Absolute stunning finish from Mane, and to be honest I couldn’t see anywhere else the goal was gonna come from.
      Everyone working hard enough, just too many runs and passes across field instead of occasionally driving through them.
      End of the day everyone on a 7 1/2 out of 10 except Sadio. A worthy 9, a class act, with a class finish. My motm for just that.

3 more points, 25 ahead, 5 wins to clinch it.  And on to the next one.
      One thing that seems not to have been mentioned for a while !
      What are we gonna do about the gap between us and city ? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #214: Feb 15, 2020 08:02:53 pm
      In memory of Justin Fashanu.

He was the first footballer to come out as gay in 1990. In 1998, he took his own life.

I remember watching this on Match of the Day, in 1980.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wk34X94Whk

40 years ago and it is still as breathtaking.

Nice tribute Rush..he was a cracking player and it was a great goal.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #215: Feb 15, 2020 08:09:26 pm
      Didn't think trent pushing forward and hendo filling in 2nd half particularly worked. Trent is better coming from deep and joining up play. Still. 3 points and on we go.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #216: Feb 15, 2020 08:15:32 pm
      Don't think we lacked any intensity after the mid winter break. The desire was there, much more so in the second half. Robbo was much better, had a bit more space and linked up better with Mane when he came on. The Ox is not really a left winger, much better attacking down the right or from a more central position.

The Boss said before the game he will use Mane regardless and we needed him.Nuther top show by Hendo as well, he's leading from the front.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #217: Feb 15, 2020 08:16:47 pm
      Hope Norfolk Red enjoyed his day I know he was really looking forward to being with the travelling Kop the lucky bugger
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #218: Feb 15, 2020 08:27:28 pm
      Was a good result and a good game to tune up before Atletico.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #219: Feb 15, 2020 08:28:55 pm
      Aldo just said Alisson is the closest he's seen to Ray Clemence.

As a side issue what his parents thinking two brothers who are both goalkeepers one called Allison one called Muriel.. 😂 Don't care if he's called Shirley effin Valentine he's been great for us..
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #220: Feb 15, 2020 08:30:19 pm
      Strange to say when the team is so far ahead at the top, but Alisson has a chance of being player of the season for us IMO. Today he again showed how important he is.

I know Krul pulled off that double save where Keita should have scored but that was purely a split second reaction. When they were 1v1 and looked set to take the lead, Alisson read exactly what was going to happen and bailed us out. Everything he does he makes look so easy. His distribution again today was spot on, launching a pin point throw up to Bobby in their half to start a good attack.

But then, can find plenty of reasons why anyone in this team could be player of the season for us.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #221: Feb 15, 2020 09:01:57 pm
      We’re going to finish 37-1-0 while also winning the FA and UCL. The stuff of nightmares for the mancs
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #222: Feb 15, 2020 09:17:30 pm
      I really don't care about the points tally if we can the league and then focus on the CL and the FA Cup it could be just an once in a lifetime season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #223: Feb 15, 2020 09:22:17 pm
      Aldo just said Alisson is the closest he's seen to Ray Clemence.

Jürgen made me chuckle when talking about Alisson today when he said we pay him to do that.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #224: Feb 15, 2020 09:25:15 pm
      I actually have motm to Robbo, I thought most of our best work cane down his side and he put in several dangerous crosses. Also love how quickly he gets the ball out of his feet before bombing on. Turns out defence into attack so quickly
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #225: Feb 15, 2020 09:58:33 pm
      Not our best game but one nearer the big one, Robertson mom for me
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #226: Feb 15, 2020 09:59:37 pm
      Didn't think trent pushing forward and hendo filling in 2nd half particularly worked. Trent is better coming from deep and joining up play. Still. 3 points and on we go.

Klopp:

"It's easy to talk about the wind and stuff like this, but on the pitch the boys have to deal with it. We played, for sure, two or three or four long balls too many. The formation was not prepared for that so we were not there for the second balls and stuff like this. We didn't obviously feel that we can play the balls through the smaller gaps. That was the wind but it would be still right. The positioning was then not exactly like it should have been. For example, it was pretty obvious Trent's position in the first half was too often deep and wide instead of wide and high, which we changed, in this specific formation with 4-4-2 defending and Cantwell pretty much reacting on him like in a man-marking system. So, that gives so many different options then immediately.

"Obviously our midfield was sometimes surprised by the long balls of our centre-halves and just couldn't push up early enough or quick enough, so we didn't win the second balls and all these kind of things. You need to get used to circumstances and after 45 minutes we knew how it feels. More information from us at half-time and we could improve, that was obviously much better then second half. We had so many counter-press situations where we won the ball back, where we put them under pressure, kept them under pressure and scored a wonderful goal. That's it."
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #227: Feb 15, 2020 10:10:08 pm
      Alli my MOTM

Clever push away between the two Norwich strikers.

Norwich shouldnt be where they are in the table. 
      Not a tough game like Wolves but they were well organised.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #228: Feb 15, 2020 10:13:24 pm
      We've qualified for the next season's Champions League.. :laugh:

..... and we've missed out on relegation !  ;D
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #229: Feb 15, 2020 10:41:19 pm
      All credit to Norwich the way they tried to stiffle us in the first half, they certainly played a lot better than their league position suggests.
      But class always shows through in the end and with the majority of play we had over the 90 minutes, we deserved our win in the end.

Mane for me turned the game when he came on, never looked like he'd had a break at all, came on full of power and stealth finishing, wonderful player to watch when he's on song.

We move on as the Red Machine powers it's way through to the next game and I'm sure A.Madrid will have had one eye on our performance today.

Well played Redmen, not the best, but this is a sign of champions, to get all three points without being at our best.

Quick Reply