Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Norwich?

Alisson
      16 (18%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.1%)
      Joe Gomez
      2 (2.2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      6 (6.7%)
      Naby Keïta
      5 (5.6%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      31 (34.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (3.4%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      25 (28.1%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Voting closed: Feb 19, 2020 07:21:05 pm

Norwich City 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 15795 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Norwich City 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #230: Feb 15, 2020 10:48:36 pm
      Well hopefully that’s the one game to shake off the cobwebs after a lengthy break so we can start steam rolling teams again.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #231: Feb 15, 2020 11:15:42 pm
      Anyone know what Mo was up to when Sadio scored? Raising his arms and turning round to the linesman as if he wanted a foul given for the Norwich player  :lmao:

There’s competitive and then there’s that.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #232: Feb 15, 2020 11:18:38 pm
      Get the fuckkkk innnnnnnn.... another win, another win on the road, another clean sheet and now only 5 to go!!!!

Running out of Superlatives for this Team. They just never give in. OUTFUCKINGSTANDING!

12    1-0 wins this Season. Stuff of Champions that.

Sadio looked so sharp when he came on and loved Fab and James getting some minutes before Athletico.

WE'RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE!!!!

sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #233: Feb 15, 2020 11:19:04 pm
      Some stats from the subreddit -

In the top five European leagues, Liverpool now have the best record by any club after 26 matches of a league season: W25-D1-L0. The previous best at this stage was W24-D2-L0 by Pep Guardiola's Bayern in the 2013/14 Bundesliga.

http://Liverpool have now surpassed Nottingham's Forrest's unbeaten streak of 42 games. This is now the second longest unbeaten run in top flight history.

10/11 - Liverpool have kept a clean sheet in 10 of their last 11 Premier League matches, this after having only kept one shutout in their previous 11 such games before this. Wall.

http://Liverpool FC has won 20 games in a row at Anfield. Last dropped points against Leicester in January 2019
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #234: Feb 15, 2020 11:22:28 pm
      Hope Norfolk Red enjoyed his day I know he was really looking forward to being with the travelling Kop the lucky bugger

Brilliant thanks Walt. Tricky game with the wind.
      Travelling kop were brilliant.
      Mane just oozes class. As one of the best said,
      " We go again"
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #235: Feb 16, 2020 04:12:33 am
      Hendo my motm.

He was everywhere and he keeps everyone moving along.

We really could have scored a few more and it wouldn’t have flattered us. Personally tired of bus parking tactics but I guess it is what it is.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #236: Feb 16, 2020 06:17:10 am
      It was not very nice to watch but we got the 3 points and that will do me.Big Alisson was M.O.M. for me,he was brilliant.Well done REDS.
      « Last Edit: Feb 16, 2020 06:25:53 am by Billy1 »
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #237: Feb 16, 2020 06:54:03 am
      Another three points and a clean sheet for Alisson. Henderson was a hungry dog, chased after each ball and kept ongoing. His passing is exceptional!

Not the nicest football match in term of spectator wise but who cares?!

5 more wins for the big one :)
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #238: Feb 16, 2020 07:50:44 am
      Ground out another 3 points in a tough away match against bus parkers.
      Hendo my MOTM.
      Great save from Alisson to deny them a great chance.
      Nice to see Keita start though thought his final ball was a bit rusty.
      And Mane clinical again.
      The run continues :) ...
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #239: Feb 16, 2020 09:24:07 am
      Brilliant thanks Walt. Tricky game with the wind.
      Travelling kop were brilliant.
      Mane just oozes class. As one of the best said,
      " We go again"

you were watching history being made mate.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #240: Feb 16, 2020 11:36:47 am
      you were watching history being made mate.

I'm a bit confused why some have said we have already qualified for CL, if Spurs win today then they are on 40 points with a potential 36 more points available, that means that if we lost every single game left and they won all of theirs plus them overturning our huge GD advantage then they could pip us to 5th place on GD. Obviously this won't happen but I was just a bit confused why it was being stated as fact.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #241: Feb 16, 2020 11:41:41 am
      I'm a bit confused why some have said we have already qualified for CL, if Spurs win today then they are on 40 points with a potential 36 more points available, that means that if we lost every single game left and they won all of theirs plus them overturning our huge GD advantage then they could pip us to 5th place on GD. Obviously this won't happen but I was just a bit confused why it was being stated as fact.

It's not 100% fact but as you say, it would require a lot of things to go right for others and wrong for us. We've already qualified anyway due to having won the competition last season so even if the worst happened we would still be in the CL next season.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #242: Feb 16, 2020 12:19:49 pm
      Never in doubt. Longer the game was going on I knew it was only a matter or time before we scored, and so probably did the players on the pitch.

Henderson MOTM again
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #243: Feb 16, 2020 01:50:22 pm
      Another three points in the bag and five to go!

HAND IT OVER, HAND IT OVER, HAND IT OVER MANCHESTER!!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #244: Feb 16, 2020 05:24:26 pm
      Pretty horrible game,nice goal.My pub watch experience was a bit sh*te to say the least.2 lads left at half time,2 others wearing colours left around 75 minutes,their friend sat next to me ordered a glass of F***ing water(Spanish shirt) and chatted non footy,even after i asked him not to,at least he left his seat and moved further away from me as the first half went on. :confused-smiley-013: It's a F***ing weird way of watching the team over here.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #245: Feb 16, 2020 06:36:53 pm

Well fella if that confuses you, that certainly explains some of your posts on here.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #246: Feb 16, 2020 07:03:23 pm
      Pretty horrible game,nice goal.My pub watch experience was a bit sh*te to say the least.2 lads left at half time,2 others wearing colours left around 75 minutes,their friend sat next to me ordered a glass of F***ing water(Spanish shirt) and chatted non footy,even after i asked him not to,at least he left his seat and moved further away from me as the first half went on. :confused-smiley-013: It's a F***ing weird way of watching the team over here.

I sat with my soon to be wife. We never watch football together because she hates it and she leaves me to it quietly however yesterday afternoon I had to cook her dinner and then had to watch it together.

One thing she observes are the obvious ones that I brush off during games since I'm more focused on the result. She said that we were very physical and I told her we're not. This morning, I re-watch the second half and noticed Keita and Henderson putting challenges so to get the ball back quickly. We are a physical team, yes she is right (will never admit it to her :) ) but not a dirty one.

The more games we win, the more games we are focused on the result not on 'class'. Do not get me right because we are the best team.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #247: Feb 16, 2020 11:57:49 pm

Well fella if that confuses you, that certainly explains some of your posts on here.

Ah so you don't know either but thought you'd just have a sly dig, wum!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #248: Feb 17, 2020 04:58:33 am
      I sat with my soon to be wife. We never watch football together because she hates it and she leaves me to it quietly however yesterday afternoon I had to cook her dinner and then had to watch it together.

One thing she observes are the obvious ones that I brush off during games since I'm more focused on the result. She said that we were very physical and I told her we're not. This morning, I re-watch the second half and noticed Keita and Henderson putting challenges so to get the ball back quickly. We are a physical team, yes she is right (will never admit it to her :) ) but not a dirty one.

The more games we win, the more games we are focused on the result not on 'class'. Do not get me right because we are the best team.

Take it from a veteran, Give telling her she is right a try - you might enjoy the results.  :)
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #249: Feb 17, 2020 10:58:36 am
      Quote from sms1986
      It's not 100% fact but as you say, it would require a lot of things to go right for others and wrong for us. We've already qualified anyway due to having won the competition last season so even if the worst happened we would still be in the CL next season.

I'm confused.

We've already qualified because we won it last year. (which is the first I've heard of it) Yet despite that, it's not 100% fact. :confused-smiley-013: Tell us more.

The usual awful, scrappy battle at Norwich. Ok we won again, but whether it's 5-4, 3-2, 2-1, or 1-0, we rarely have everything all our own way down there. For a side who desperately need wins if they want to beat the drop, they seemed happy enough to sit there, park the bus, and take a meaningless point with their one shot on target.

As is often the case, we looked rusty after a lengthy break. It was an awful game in terrible conditions, chances were scarce, and it looked like it was going to be one of those days. Then Mane showed up and took the one chance he got. We needed 5 goals to win our last game there, but 1 goal was enough this time, it still equals 3 points. We were probably a more exciting team then, but we are a better team now. People talk lovingly about European Cups and we do, but there is a warmth about winning the league title that can't be replaced by anything else. It's our payout for surviving horrible trips on horrible days like this. We're unlikely to have the lead we currently have by the time we play our next game, but we then have 3 games to pile up another 9 points before the rivals play again. Just 15 more points are required from the next 36, to start the biggest party we've seen over the past 30 years. Bigger than Istanbul, bigger than Madrid, better than them all in the years since.

I think we'll have qualified for the next European Cup campaign by then.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #250: Feb 17, 2020 11:19:02 am
      Another brilliant win. only 5 wins away from the title. Fantastic stuff!
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #251: Feb 17, 2020 04:45:45 pm
      Ah so you don't know either but thought you'd just have a sly dig, wum!

Well you really are a Charlie then, we won it last  season so automatically go into it. So technically we could finish outside of the top 4/5.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #252: Feb 17, 2020 04:53:49 pm
      Well you really are a Charlie then, we won it last  season so automatically go into it. So technically we could finish outside of the top 4/5.

So...are we debating whether winning last season's Champions League qualifies for next season's?

Quick Reply