Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Atletico?

Alisson
      4 (5.6%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.4%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.4%)
      Joe Gomez
      18 (25%)
      Andy Robertson
      21 (29.2%)
       Fabinho
      13 (18.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      5 (6.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (2.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.4%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.4%)
      Roberto Firmino
      4 (5.6%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.4%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: Feb 22, 2020 09:52:48 pm

Atletico Madrid 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 26006 times
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Re: Atletico Madrid 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #345: Feb 18, 2020 10:10:00 pm
      Was Mane injured or kept off to stop the idiot ref sending him off.
      Tactical mate,he was on a yellow and I re con the gaffer wasn’t taking any chances with this ref & he was right.
      Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #346: Feb 18, 2020 10:10:58 pm
      They are about to realise that Anfield in angry mode, is not a pretty sight! Angry doesn’t really do it though, from the incompetent ref, to their diving cheating players, to the idiot Simeone, we really do need to smash these!
      Come on you Redmen!
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #347: Feb 18, 2020 10:11:53 pm
      We will beat them convincingly at Anfield. It's only half time.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #348: Feb 18, 2020 10:13:03 pm
      Bad subs made by Klopp, bad decisions made by the refs.

Not to worry though we’ll bring them down to anfield and teach them a lesson👍🏻
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #349: Feb 18, 2020 10:14:14 pm
      I'm lost for words. It happens time and time again in the Champions league with these horribly inept referees. There were 2 games on tonight why can't they pick the 5 or 6 best referees in Europe and let them officiate these extremely important games.

Saying all that we were very poor up front and the substitutions were questionable. Poor night all round
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #350: Feb 18, 2020 10:15:00 pm
      Would you really celebrate your team playing that football week after week dear God they should pay them to turn up. SImone still bringing the game in to disrepute with his players feigning injury at every opportunity. We were off the pace of our usual standard the last couple of games but that was just a typical game against a side that will win at any cost so no real harm done.
      Keep it tight at Anfield and we will score more than 2.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #351: Feb 18, 2020 10:16:28 pm
      I’ve just said the same thing to my DH

And what did the dick head say? 😊
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #352: Feb 18, 2020 10:16:51 pm
      Atletico were really lucky to find that goal in the first half, because it then allowed them to play they know best, and they deserve credit for how they disrupted our flow. Our right side, especially on the first half, was absolutely dreadful with TAA and Hendo both below par. They improved in the second and could have got an assist (that beautiful TAA cross to Salah) and a goal (Hendo got nearly close). It's a small margins game and all that, could have gone completely different by a matter of centimeters. Oh well, let's see if they can handle us at Anfield.

Btw from Atleti side - Lodi, their young left back I mentioned before the game, was quite good. On the other hand, I've watched Koke play a hundred times and I still don't get what is even remotely special about him, I must be really missing something
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #353: Feb 18, 2020 10:18:17 pm
      Jürgen is really not happy and keeping calm despite clearly wanting to say so much more about the Ref. UEFA should use the £25mil from City to train some decent Referees
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1401 
      Reply #354: Feb 18, 2020 10:18:22 pm
      Tactical mate,he was on a yellow and I re con the gaffer wasn’t taking any chances with this ref & he was right.

Yeah..that's what I meant. Subbed to stop the Ref sending him off as any challenge in the air by Mane and they would be rolling around feigning injury. And the Boss has just confirmed that.Hendo felt his hamstring and we don't know yet if it's bad or what.
      « Last Edit: Feb 18, 2020 10:30:12 pm by Harrisimo »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #355: Feb 18, 2020 10:21:18 pm
      Why are you always such moaners, the ref had no impact on the game whatsoever. Score one and defend the rest of the game, oh my god such a terrible thing to do, except we've done that and I found it boss when it got us through against better opposition.

That this is being employed against us goes on to show the level we are right now, and we need to be prepared for that. And I think at Anfield we will
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1401 
      Reply #356: Feb 18, 2020 10:26:06 pm
      Why are you always such moaners, the ref had no impact on the game whatsoever. Score one and defend the rest of the game, oh my god such a terrible thing to do, except we've done that and I found it boss when it got us through against better opposition.

That this is being employed against us goes on to show the level we are right now, and we need to be prepared for that. And I think at Anfield we will

Well yes I expected that from the Ref and he was bad but not diabolical. Also expected the gamesmanship from AM. Fact is we just didn't take the few chances we made and they defended deep and frustrated us. No real complaints...we go again in the return leg and we can get through.

But he did book the Boss...had a bit of a moan at the 4th official and the ref took the hump and ran over and booked the boss..cheeky sod..
      « Last Edit: Feb 18, 2020 10:34:23 pm by Harrisimo »
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 884 
      Reply #357: Feb 18, 2020 10:27:01 pm

If you're seriously saying that the ref had no impact on the game, then I seriously doubt you watched it.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #358: Feb 18, 2020 10:28:31 pm
      Strong defensive performance by Atletico. They really covered every inch of ground and even our best chances were not that great.

But they also missed a chance, a chance to put us in a really difficult spot. In the last 15 minute of the game they seemed to have an opportunity to make it 2-0 or more and they never really went for it. I think that was a mistake.

They still have to come to Anfield. I'm thinking of the Europa League tie a few years ago vs. Villareal. IF we score one, we'll score three.

At 1-0, we are fine. Keep calm.

« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2020 10:32:44 pm by Robby The Z »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #359: Feb 18, 2020 10:31:26 pm
      Bit disspointing all round from us. Seemed a bit slow making ground then first touch and our attempted crosses were pretty poor.
      Sadio went off to save him a red, due to the playacting and a piss piss piss poor ref. Why Mo for Ox is anyone’s guess unless Jürgen was going 4 4 2 cos at 4 3 3 they had an extra man in midfield.
      But didn’t think Millie was a particularly positive move.
      We just never got going  at our usual rhythm, but that ref giving them free kicks every time there was the slightest contact. If he’s looking for that contact throughout the game, how come we never got them. It can only be deliberate.
      Needs taking out of the game for that performance.
      No doubt they’ll target our more dangerous players again in the return leg.
      We need a decent ref for that, but don’t hold your breath.
      Got to step it up in three weeks lads, this lot can play decent footy, but the bigger danger will be the dark arts.

One thing in our favour, I don’t think we’ll have another game with as many piss poor crosses !
      Think we are well capable of turning it around. We’ve got s few games in between to get our mojo back.

Job to pick a motm. No real standout, but going for Joe. Sound defensively and kept trying to get the ball forward quickly.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #360: Feb 18, 2020 10:32:52 pm
      Simeone might never have lost an home game in the knock out stages, but Klopp doesn't lose two-legged ties in Europe either, so I see both of those remaining true after this tie. 2-0 to us at Anfield!
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,402 posts | 191 
      Reply #361: Feb 18, 2020 10:33:07 pm

The ref did have an impact in my opinion, not saying it would have changed the result. We had to take probably our best player in Mane off at HT because of it. Klopp basically said the same in his postmatch. But agree with the rest of your post. Can't see them holding us off at Anfield. We will get one or more.

It's only 0-1 .... We got this

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #362: Feb 18, 2020 10:35:32 pm

Ref was w*nk, we weren't great and atletico were atletico. Credit to them as even though they have tried to become more fluent they are still  very hard to play against
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #363: Feb 18, 2020 10:37:06 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #364: Feb 18, 2020 10:37:28 pm
      Klopp post-match:

"I am fine, 1-0 down at half time we have the longest half time break and we will use that. Welcome to Anfield. It is not over yet.”

xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Welcome indeed. Bienvenido, like.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #365: Feb 18, 2020 10:38:59 pm
      3 things I can be sure of  at fortress anfield in 3 weeks time,they will play and employ the same  tactics as tonight,we won’t play as bad in the final third as we did tonight & finally AM & there fans  will go home with there head in there hands just as Barca did last year.
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1401 
      Reply #366: Feb 18, 2020 10:39:26 pm

"better opposition"...that's only happened once in my lifetime...Dec 7th 1966..Ajax 5 Liverpool 1...and that was the fog..Tommy Lawrence could hardly see the feckin' ball..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gc7Qco4MDQ
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #367: Feb 18, 2020 10:40:44 pm
      I'd forgotten how sh*t it feels to lose! 😁 Awful game from our side, Atletico got the start they needed and never looked back. We'll win 3-0 at Anfield anyway. 

Quick Reply