Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Adam Lallana (Leicester)

Read 13281 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Adam Lallana (Leicester)
      Reply #23: Feb 21, 2020 09:16:10 am
      They have Tielemens, Praet and Maddison who all play similarly to Adam so perhaps they're anticipating a departure.

I hope wherever he goes he gets the game time and appreciation he deserves (and only scores against us when we're 4-0 up). Shame he got those injuries just as he was claiming a midfield as his own for us.

Would be just our luck that he leaves us and then becomes a prolific scorer, I know he scored against Manure but my one big disappointment with Adam, apart from the amount of injuries which of course were unavoidable, was his lack of goals.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #24: Feb 21, 2020 01:10:07 pm
      Big fan of Adam he would be a great squad player filling in when required and doing a great job. I just don't see him playing 40 or 50 games a season like he did 4 seasons ago its been about 20 since then. He isn't going to play a full season with any club is he so why leave unless its down to money and at 31 he really should have enough tucked away to be able to stay here and add silverware to his career
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #25: Feb 21, 2020 01:39:53 pm
      Big fan of Adam he would be a great squad player filling in when required and doing a great job. I just don't see him playing 40 or 50 games a season like he did 4 seasons ago its been about 20 since then. He isn't going to play a full season with any club is he so why leave unless its down to money and at 31 he really should have enough tucked away to be able to stay here and add silverware to his career

In all seriousness what is it you like about Adam compared to our other midfield options? I don't mean that as any kind of wind up I really am curious what it is I'm missing regarding his contribution.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #26: Feb 21, 2020 07:11:16 pm
      They have Tielemens, Praet and Maddison who all play similarly to Adam so perhaps they're anticipating a departure.

Maddison is supposedly Man u bound with him being a fan and all that.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #27: Feb 21, 2020 11:18:44 pm

Step down that.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #28: Feb 22, 2020 08:25:34 am

Barely featured this season to be fair. Played the least minutes out of all our midfielders.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #29: Feb 22, 2020 09:23:19 am

Hardly though if Leicester finish top 4 and Mancs don't.

Unless he's a greedy f**ker.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #30: Feb 22, 2020 01:41:01 pm
      Barely featured this season to be fair. Played the least minutes out of all our midfielders.

played 13 times apparently. a good squad option nothing more injuries have taken their toll.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #31: Feb 22, 2020 01:43:46 pm
      It's ok. Mbappe to take his place on the bench after that. :f_tongueincheek:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #32: Feb 22, 2020 01:43:49 pm
      In all seriousness what is it you like about Adam compared to our other midfield options? I don't mean that as any kind of wind up I really am curious what it is I'm missing regarding his contribution.

quite often these days what players do off the ball is almost as important as when they do have it. Klopp loved Lallana because he was always first to start the press. He isn't the same as other midfield players we have we are not comparing him to them if you don't recognise what he has brought when fit over many seasons now then I am not the one to educate you.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33: Feb 22, 2020 02:02:22 pm
      quite often these days what players do off the ball is almost as important as when they do have it. Klopp loved Lallana because he was always first to start the press. He isn't the same as other midfield players we have we are not comparing him to them if you don't recognise what he has brought when fit over many seasons now then I am not the one to educate you.

Why the defensive childish reaction? It was an honest question, so it's the pressing you like, it seems Jürgen disagrees, he's certainly a long way down the pecking order lately.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #34: Feb 22, 2020 02:05:55 pm

Yes. He's one of the first to understand Jürgen's pressing and did that effectively. Ask any of our players and they'd tell you it's very difficult to get the ball off him. Indeed a valuable option off the bench. I get excited when he comes in knowing full well that he could hold up the midfield. And that last minute Norwich goal. I can never forget.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #35: Feb 22, 2020 05:12:31 pm
      It's ok. Mbappe to take his place on the bench after that. :f_tongueincheek:

You've got it all wrong, mate. Mbappe will take Shaq's place on the bench. Kai Havertz will take's Adam's seat.  ;D

Which begs the question, where are Sancho and Werner going to sit?
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #36: Mar 09, 2020 09:41:00 am
      so it's the pressing you like, it seems Jürgen disagrees, he's certainly a long way down the pecking order lately.

I think it's more to do with the depth of our bench tbh. When you have Ox, Origi, Keita, Milner, Shaqiri, you can't imagine Lallana getting too many games. I still like him as an option and it's true about his work rate, he's high pressing non stop whenever he comes on. Plus he does have a little bit of creativity and the occasional goal in him. It's a nice option if he's happy to carry on getting 10-15 appearances off the bench. I suspect he'll want the last couple of years of his career playing regularly in a club like Leicester or Wolves etc. though.

He is a player that never fulfilled huge potential though
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #37: Mar 09, 2020 12:11:37 pm
      I think it's more to do with the depth of our bench tbh. When you have Ox, Origi, Keita, Milner, Shaqiri, you can't imagine Lallana getting too many games. I still like him as an option and it's true about his work rate, he's high pressing non stop whenever he comes on. Plus he does have a little bit of creativity and the occasional goal in him. It's a nice option if he's happy to carry on getting 10-15 appearances off the bench. I suspect he'll want the last couple of years of his career playing regularly in a club like Leicester or Wolves etc. though.

He is a player that never fulfilled huge potential though

Don’t think he will play regularly at either Leicester or a Wolves. If he wants regular game time week in week out, then he’s going to have to drop down to the relegation area of the league IMO. People expected the likes of Jay Rodriguez to be a regular at Burnley but he isn’t and even teams like Brighton are benching players like Gross who are no worse than Lallana. Going to have to go to a team like Bournemouth if he wants to play virtually every week.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #38: Mar 28, 2020 08:20:36 am
      Lallana should leave ASAP. He reached his peak some some months then got injured, other than that, he was a flop for me, because he was unreliable.  Not good enough for the team now, given the squad we have. 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #39: Mar 28, 2020 11:55:24 am

Might have to wait until lockdown is over!!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #40: Mar 28, 2020 01:16:01 pm
      If he goes, we'll always have Norwich.

Just watched the highlights of the 5-4 game back on BT and still puts a smile on my face, especially seeing the realisation dawn on Jurgens face that his glasses are fu**ed!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #41: Jun 10, 2020 02:47:32 pm
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52976631

He Stays .....  But He Doesn't .

Liverpool midfielder Adam Lallana has agreed to extend his deal with the club until the end of the season.

England international Lallana, 32, was set to leave on a free transfer when his contract runs out on 30 June.

The 2019-20 season will restart on 17 June after a 100-day break because of the coronavirus pandemic and Lallana will now leave when the season ends.

"I am really pleased to have the chance to finish this season - it means a lot to me and my family," said Lallana.

"I feel in my time at Liverpool I've always looked to do the right thing for the team, the manager and the club in every decision I've made. I think this one fits into that category as well, so I'm buzzing to be seeing out this campaign and hopefully get to celebrate something memorable with an amazing group of people."

Liverpool are 25 points clear at the top of the Premier League and are on the verge of claiming their first league title in 30 years.

Their first match after the restart is at Everton on 21 June, with their last game scheduled to be away to Newcastle on 26 July.

Goalkeeper Andy Lonergan, 36, who joined at the start of the season as back-up to Alisson Becker and Adrian but has not made an appearance, has signed a similar extension until the end of the season.

Manager Jürgen Klopp said it was "not possible" to find words to describe Lallana's contribution since he took charge and welcomed the chance to give the former Southampton midfielder a "farewell he deserves so much".

"I know how highly sought-after Adam is in this moment by other clubs who want him for next season, so for him this is a commitment to us and we are very appreciative to him for it," said Klopp.

"Even the way he has handled this extension tells you all you need to know about the person and his character. A top-class professional and an even better person.

"He wants to be here to finish the job and do it properly, but it says everything about him that his biggest concern was blocking the progress and opportunity of a player who is under contract for next season also."

Lallana's time at Anfield has been hampered by injuries in the past two seasons and he has played 15 league games during the current campaign, scoring once.

He moved to Liverpool from Southampton for £25m in 2014 and was signed by then-Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers, who has been linked with signing Lallana again for Leicester City.

Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #42: Jun 10, 2020 07:18:35 pm
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52976631

He Stays .....  But He Doesn't .

Liverpool midfielder Adam Lallana has agreed to extend his deal with the club until the end of the season.

England international Lallana, 32, was set to leave on a free transfer when his contract runs out on 30 June.

The 2019-20 season will restart on 17 June after a 100-day break because of the coronavirus pandemic and Lallana will now leave when the season ends.

"I am really pleased to have the chance to finish this season - it means a lot to me and my family," said Lallana.

"I feel in my time at Liverpool I've always looked to do the right thing for the team, the manager and the club in every decision I've made. I think this one fits into that category as well, so I'm buzzing to be seeing out this campaign and hopefully get to celebrate something memorable with an amazing group of people."

Liverpool are 25 points clear at the top of the Premier League and are on the verge of claiming their first league title in 30 years.

Their first match after the restart is at Everton on 21 June, with their last game scheduled to be away to Newcastle on 26 July.

Goalkeeper Andy Lonergan, 36, who joined at the start of the season as back-up to Alisson Becker and Adrian but has not made an appearance, has signed a similar extension until the end of the season.

Manager Jürgen Klopp said it was "not possible" to find words to describe Lallana's contribution since he took charge and welcomed the chance to give the former Southampton midfielder a "farewell he deserves so much".

"I know how highly sought-after Adam is in this moment by other clubs who want him for next season, so for him this is a commitment to us and we are very appreciative to him for it," said Klopp.

"Even the way he has handled this extension tells you all you need to know about the person and his character. A top-class professional and an even better person.

"He wants to be here to finish the job and do it properly, but it says everything about him that his biggest concern was blocking the progress and opportunity of a player who is under contract for next season also."

Lallana's time at Anfield has been hampered by injuries in the past two seasons and he has played 15 league games during the current campaign, scoring once.

He moved to Liverpool from Southampton for £25m in 2014 and was signed by then-Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers, who has been linked with signing Lallana again for Leicester City.

Nice one Adam, a complete professional and seems a geniune nice bloke too, all the very best for the future to him.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #43: Jun 10, 2020 08:00:02 pm
      Nice one Adam, a complete professional and seems a geniune nice bloke too, all the very best for the future to him.

Well said and a good player when not injured. Hope he finds a good club after and has a good ending to his career
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #44: Jun 10, 2020 08:04:56 pm
      Well said and a good player when not injured. Hope he finds a good club after and has a good ending to his career

Absolutely...
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #45: Jun 11, 2020 11:30:35 am

Well in fairness his other option was to not get paid for a month, but it works out ok for us, gives us some extra cover.

Quick Reply