Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Adam Lallana (Leicester)

Read 13287 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Re: Adam Lallana (Leicester)
      Reply #46: Jun 11, 2020 12:03:30 pm
      Lallana should leave ASAP. He reached his peak some some months then got injured, other than that, he was a flop for me, because he was unreliable.  Not good enough for the team now, given the squad we have. 

Certainly excess to requirements right now, never really impressed even in his so called 'better years. His final touch was always always lacking as was his movement off the ball.
      He did have the occasional glory day but overall an average performer.
      Irrespective wish the lad well wherever he decides his future lies.
      tq redz
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts | 14 
      Reply #47: Jun 11, 2020 12:44:37 pm
      Certainly excess to requirements right now, never really impressed even in his so called 'better years. His final touch was always always lacking as was his movement off the ball.
      He did have the occasional glory day but overall an average performer.
      Irrespective wish the lad well wherever he decides his future lies.

He scored a few important goals. never really consistent. Apparently would encourage the younger lads which looked up to him.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #48: Jun 11, 2020 12:49:44 pm
      Yes injuries cost him and the team developed beyond him in his absence but we shouldn't forget just how important he was early on in the Klopp era - a crucial member of the side that moved from mid table to Champions League qualification.

Good to see him extending his contract to cover this season because he deserves to be here and share the success.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #49: Jun 11, 2020 02:05:53 pm
      Yes injuries cost him and the team developed beyond him in his absence but we shouldn't forget just how important he was early on in the Klopp era - a crucial member of the side that moved from mid table to Champions League qualification.

Good to see him extending his contract to cover this season because he deserves to be here and share the success.

Lallana a crucial member of the side, when was this then? I can't remember him ever playing more than 3 games in a row
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #50: Jun 11, 2020 03:29:33 pm
      He scored a few important goals. never really consistent. Apparently would encourage the younger lads which looked up to him.

The gist of my comment.
      tq redz
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts | 14 
      Reply #51: Jun 11, 2020 03:37:04 pm
      Really, I was saying my opinion, not yours.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #52: Jun 11, 2020 03:57:49 pm
      Really, I was saying my opinion, not yours.

I point out that generally speaking both comments are similar, inconsistency is a common factor with both comments.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #53: Jun 12, 2020 01:11:19 am
      Lallana a crucial member of the side, when was this then? I can't remember him ever playing more than 3 games in a row

Early on in the Klopp era, I just said it in my post.

If you want to rewrite history and say he was injured his whole time for us then fair enough (he played 125 games across his first three seasons by the way) but the reality was for the first 18 months of Klopp's time here Lallana was as good as anyone in the squad.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #54: Jun 12, 2020 10:07:14 am

If you want to rewrite history and say he was injured his whole time for us then fair enough (he played 125 games across his first three seasons by the way) but the reality was for the first 18 months of Klopp's time here Lallana was as good as anyone in the squad.

How many goals and assists did he do in those 18 uninterrupted injury free months? I'm not trying to be contrary here, I honestly don't recall him playing much or doing anything of note, he was ok but nothing special, "as good as anyone in the squad", come on that's ridiculous and you know it
      tq redz
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts | 14 
      Reply #55: Jun 12, 2020 10:42:06 am
      How many goals and assists did he do in those 18 uninterrupted injury free months? I'm not trying to be contrary here, I honestly don't recall him playing much or doing anything of note, he was ok but nothing special, "as good as anyone in the squad", come on that's ridiculous and you know it

I think early on he was, A Klopp type player, could run and press with menace. Maybe the hi press game resulted in his body not being fit for purpose, however his commitment to the club was never a issue.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #56: Jun 12, 2020 11:18:27 am
      I think early on he was, A Klopp type player, could run and press with menace. Maybe the hi press game resulted in his body not being fit for purpose, however his commitment to the club was never a issue.

Ah so it was only after Klopp arrives that he fell apart, hmm not sure about that. Anyway we'll have to agree to disagree, I know a lot of people rate Lallana very highly, I don't share that view, never have, never will, he's seems like a good pro though, well apart from when he's fighting with junior players.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #57: Jun 12, 2020 11:59:32 am
      Ah so it was only after Klopp arrives that he fell apart, hmm not sure about that. Anyway we'll have to agree to disagree, I know a lot of people rate Lallana very highly, I don't share that view, never have, never will, he's seems like a good pro though, well apart from when he's fighting with junior players.

He had a very good spell in Klopp's first full season with us but very little impact since due to injuries. He's an intelligent player but too slow and fragile to cope with the intensity we play with now. He will do well at a lower level club if he stays fit.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #58: Jun 12, 2020 12:11:07 pm

Think we'll have to agree to disagree but there were plenty saying he was a contender for player of the season in 16/17.

Injuries have finished him in terms of being at a top club and it's the right time to move him on but I just don't see the point in rewriting history just to have a pop at a player.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #59: Jun 12, 2020 12:17:26 pm

He was the best presser in the team.
      Gave his all every game.
      A nightmare in the box with his close control and trickery.
      A good passer.
      He didn't tackle a lot because he used a much more effective method of ushering his opponents into "safe" areas.
      He never gave opponents a minutes peace, always at them, snapping away at their heels.

Anyone who says he wasn't good during those first couple of seasons under Klopp is talking out their hole.

The only thing that stopped him was injuries.
      A couple of times when he was away with England.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #60: Jun 12, 2020 12:44:30 pm
      Lallana should leave ASAP. He reached his peak some some months then got injured, other than that, he was a flop for me, because he was unreliable.  Not good enough for the team now, given the squad we have. 

Your comments just enlighten your lack of expertise, Lallana although not world class has done his bit when asked, he himself would acknowledge he is no more than a squad player but he doesn’t whinge or moan, instead, he has been the ultimate professional by helping & advising the young lads at the club, a lot of players in a similar situation would happily take their wages and offer F**k all,

I’m glad he has extended his contract, his experience is invaluable, he may not kick another ball in anger for LFC again but he remains a very good squad player who will give all he has if asked, and no one can ask for more.

Y  N  W  A
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #61: Jun 12, 2020 01:08:28 pm
      Gave his all every game.
      A good passer.
      He didn't tackle a lot because he used a much more effective method of ushering his opponents into "safe" areas.
      He never gave opponents a minutes peace, always at them, snapping away at their heels.

Anyone who says he wasn't good during those first couple of seasons under Klopp is talking out their hole.

How many assists and goals did he have, genuine question, I remember a player who pressed very well, I'll give him that, but who had very little end product besides a lovely Cruyff turn.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #62: Jun 23, 2020 03:17:47 pm
      He scored this last minute winner against Norwich. I was so happy and celebrated like mad. He became my idol.

But I was ready to smash him to bits when he didn’t deliver goals and assists. I don’t care what Klopp thinks since I think my opinion is the best. Fans are bigger than managers. In fact we pay the club which pays them. I still consider meself a world class fan who demands world class results with zero tolerance. :f_whistle:
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #63: Jun 23, 2020 06:48:10 pm
      Gave his all every game.
      A good passer.

I'll never forget him, the scorer of a last minute goal in one of the 3 best games I have ever seen.

His pressing was sic. His goal against swansea where he pressed Fabanski into hitting him with the cross was wild. YNWA Adam
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #64: Jul 13, 2020 05:06:39 pm
      Gave his all every game.
      A good passer.

This.  :gt-happyup:

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #65: Jul 13, 2020 05:13:48 pm
      Jürgen loved him and that was good enough for me
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #66: Jul 13, 2020 10:59:08 pm
      I was so happy when we signed him. Always rated him and loved watching someone that's technically sound and always willing to fight. Sad that he had so many injury stop-starts.

I'll never forget him jumping into Jürgen's arms, that's enough for me.

Quick Reply