Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match: Liverpool v West Ham United (Monday 24.02.20 8PM K.O)

Read 6881 times
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Re: Pre Match: Liverpool v West Ham United (Monday 24.02.20 8PM K.O)
      Reply #46: Feb 24, 2020 10:02:54 am
      Oh for goodness sake, why can't you accept that someone has a different opinion to you, does it really threaten you so much??

Robbo and Trent are SUPERB full backs but in my opinion they are NOT the best at shooting and scoring goals, how on earth can you even try to argue that. All I'm saying is that its an area they could work on, much as defending is something that Marcos Alonso could and should work on.

BTW I think I could probably easily find fullbacks with a better scoring percentage, shots to goals, than Trent, Marcos Alonso would certainly be one of them. Does that mean I'd prefer to have Alonso in the team, no its does not because overall Trent is the much better fullback but there is always room for improvement.

Chill out, I've got no problem with your opinion I just disagree with it  :lmao:

I'll agree that Robbo maybe isn't up there when it comes to shooting but Trent has got a great shot on him. There's a reason why he regularly gets the nod to take free kicks over two current golden boot holders. I'll challenge you to name a right back in the league with a better shot than him

But more to the point our full backs rarely find themselves in positions where they need to take a shot anyway, last week was a rare instance where they were forced to take pot-shots from distance due to Atletico defending so deep but 95% of the time that doesn't happen
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #47: Feb 24, 2020 10:08:26 am
      I'm baffled about Gini, he's sensational for the Dutch team scoring goals for fun but seems scared shitless of even having a shot for us, its damned peculiar.

With Fabinho being out I'd say that Gini has been covering more of a breaking up play role - and been allowing Henderson to do a bit more attacking.  No surprise therefore that Jordan has been in the right areas a couple of times to add a few goals.  Couple that with Oxlade-Chamberlain getting more of a game - one of the midfielders has to do some of the ugly stuff.

I would have said with Fabinho returning we may have seen a more attack minded Wijnaldum, but now Henderson's out as well so that may have to go on hold.

I don't think he's been playing horribly - I just think he's been doing a job that isn't particularly glamorous. 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #48: Feb 24, 2020 10:34:37 am
      Chill out, I've got no problem with your opinion I just disagree with it  :lmao:

I'll agree that Robbo maybe isn't up there when it comes to shooting but Trent has got a great shot on him. There's a reason why he regularly gets the nod to take free kicks over two current golden boot holders. I'll challenge you to name a right back in the league with a better shot than him

But more to the point our full backs rarely find themselves in positions where they need to take a shot anyway, last week was a rare instance where they were forced to take pot-shots from distance due to Atletico defending so deep but 95% of the time that doesn't happen

OK fair enough, better shot taking right backs in our league, you may have a point there, perhaps Kyle Walker although he's more of bursting run then neat cross type of player, by God that lad is rapid though. Thinking about I think my gripe is more aimed at Robbo who almost always looks to pass the ball instead of shooting and more often that not if he does take a shot its a bit sh*t, he is however very good at crossing the ball and all other aspects of being a fullback, but if he could just add more shots and goals to his game he'd be sensational.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #49: Feb 24, 2020 10:36:53 am
      With Fabinho being out I'd say that Gini has been covering more of a breaking up play role - and been allowing Henderson to do a bit more attacking.  No surprise therefore that Jordan has been in the right areas a couple of times to add a few goals.  Couple that with Oxlade-Chamberlain getting more of a game - one of the midfielders has to do some of the ugly stuff.

I would have said with Fabinho returning we may have seen a more attack minded Wijnaldum, but now Henderson's out as well so that may have to go on hold.

I don't think he's been playing horribly - I just think he's been doing a job that isn't particularly glamorous. 

Fair point, but its almost like Klopp is shackling him a bit, Gini is a wonderful attacking midfielder when he is allowed to be as well as being a wonderful all round midfielder, I just wish we could see more of the Gini form the Barca game more often. :-)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #50: Feb 24, 2020 11:23:14 am
                             Alisson
           Trent Gomez Virgil Robbo
               Oxlade  Fabinho  Keita
                Salah Firmino Mane

Monday night football,  home banker, V Moyes Hammers, I'm smiling already,  only question is by how many, the score don't really matter just as long as it's 3 points,and it will be,

Gonna miss the skipper for best part of a month so I'm bedding in Keita t
      o give him game time, plus Gini has been off kilter recently so extra rest Will do him no harm,

Can't see anything other than a convincing win and another step closer,

4-0 Champions

YNWA
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #51: Feb 24, 2020 01:01:33 pm
      OK fair enough, better shot taking right backs in our league, you may have a point there, perhaps Kyle Walker although he's more of bursting run then neat cross type of player, by God that lad is rapid though. Thinking about I think my gripe is more aimed at Robbo who almost always looks to pass the ball instead of shooting and more often that not if he does take a shot its a bit sh*t, he is however very good at crossing the ball and all other aspects of being a fullback, but if he could just add more shots and goals to his game he'd be sensational.

I think Robbo's low ratio of shooting come from the fact he gets down the line and likes to get a cross in. If he cuts in, the angle is often very tight. If he played on the right and cut in onto his left foot, like Mo, he would be more consistent, but with Trent on the right, he's better left alone where he is.
      Anyway, just for the hell of it, Im going for a 3-0 win, and Mo, Bob and Robbo to get one each  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #52: Feb 24, 2020 01:26:35 pm
      West ham in a bit of bother given their poor form over the past couple months and we should be looking to bounce back after lost in Madrid.

Could see a couple changes but I think we will put out very strong XI, hopefully we can have very professional performance, put away a few goals and take one more step to the title.

---------------------------Alisson----------------------
      TAA---------Gomez---------VvD---------Robbo
      -----------Ox----------Fabinho-------Ketia--------
      -----Salah-----------Firmino-----------Mane----

Subs: Adrian, Lovren, Milner, Gini, Lallana, Minamino, Origi

4-0 Come on you reds!!!
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #53: Feb 24, 2020 01:40:37 pm
      Just been reading this about West Ham's allocation tonight. Absolutely incredible

https://www.hammers.news/club-news/report-lifts-lid-on-how-west-ham-owners-have-upset-fans-yet-again/

"David Sullivan has reportedly upset West Ham United fans yet again ahead of the trip to Liverpool on Monday night. West Ham supporters have been protesting against Sullivan, fellow co-owner David Gold and their vice-chairman Karren Brady this season. Disaffected fans are deeply unhappy with the way the club has been run and the lack of progress during the owners’s 10-year tenure, but Hammers fans continue to back the team in their numbers by packing out the 60,000 seater London Stadium every other week as well as filling away ends with their famous travelling support.

West Ham fans are planning another protest at Anfield by wearing black and releasing black balloons & will take just 1,800 fans to Anfield. It is the first fixture this season the East London club has not taken up the full away allocation – in this case 3,000. And a new report from The Daily Mail suggests West Ham did not take up the full 3,000 allocation for Anfield to spite the protests. When pressed on the issue, The Daily Mail reports that Sullivan told protest group Hammers United they would have to come up with a bond or around £36,000 to cover any unsold tickets if they took the full allocation.

“Sports Agenda can also disclose that, following a complaint, co-owner David Sullivan wrote to independent fans’ group Hammers United and told them if they could provide a bond for the extra 1,200 tickets (the small matter of £36,000 that would be returned if the tickets were sold) then West Ham — in the top 20 of the world’s richest clubs — would ask for them. How generous,” The Daily Mail reports.

“Club insiders insist that the reduced allocation is purely down to demand, deny it has anything to do with the protest and say returns have been made available.”

The claims will do Sullivan and co no favours at all with West Ham fans."

sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #54: Feb 24, 2020 01:55:15 pm
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #55: Feb 24, 2020 02:25:27 pm

That's the thing with our MF.
      Good players doing jobs that need doing, but which don't catch the eye.

If Gini doesn't perform his role well, Robertson doesn't get forwards half as much.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #56: Feb 24, 2020 03:17:14 pm
      That's the thing with our MF.
      Good players doing jobs that need doing, but which don't catch the eye.

If Gini doesn't perform his role well, Robertson doesn't get forwards half as much.

I expect Milner and Gini to start tonight.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #57: Feb 24, 2020 04:09:09 pm
      Lets hope it's a routine home win , no grief or injuries, no VAR balls up. Probably won't go 5 or 6 as the boss might coast it if we go 3 clear.

Mane hasn't quite got going since his mini lay off. Expect Mane & Mo to run rings round WH.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #58: Feb 24, 2020 04:16:19 pm
      Batter the bubble blowers!

4-0 mighty reds
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #59: Feb 24, 2020 04:17:38 pm
                             Alisson
           Trent Gomez Virgil Robbo
               Oxlade  Fabinho  Keita
                Salah Firmino Mane

Monday night football,  home banker, V Moyes Hammers, I'm smiling already,  only question is by how many, the score don't really matter just as long as it's 3 points,and it will be,

Gonna miss the skipper for best part of a month so I'm bedding in Keita t
      o give him game time, plus Gini has been off kilter recently so extra rest Will do him no harm,

Can't see anything other than a convincing win and another step closer,

4-0 Champions

YNWA
      Even against opposition as weak (on paper) as West Ham, don't think JK would be gung ho enough to start both Keita & Ox.  One or the other, I suspect.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #60: Feb 24, 2020 04:20:10 pm
      Mane hasn't quite got going since his mini lay off. Expect Mane & Mo to run rings round WH.
      Bit harsh; he's played 75 mins of football in total and scored a winning goal!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 751 
      Reply #61: Feb 24, 2020 04:26:20 pm
      Full strength side against West Ham tonight. Really blitz them with a couple of early goals !
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #62: Feb 24, 2020 04:28:56 pm
      Anybody know of a place to watch the game in Berlin? Sorry I know this probably isn’t the place for it but thought this thread would have the most traffic therefore the quickest response time.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #63: Feb 24, 2020 04:43:48 pm
      Anybody know of a place to watch the game in Berlin?

The LIR - The Irish Pub in Berlin
      Flensburger Str. 7
      10557 Berlin Tiergarten-Mitte
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #64: Feb 24, 2020 05:41:32 pm
      3 points is all that matters
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #65: Feb 24, 2020 06:00:46 pm
      The LIR - The Irish Pub in Berlin
      Flensburger Str. 7
      10557 Berlin Tiergarten-Mitte
      Thanks mate.

Might be pushing it here but do you know any nice restaurants about there? On holiday with the mrs and feel I need to treat her to a nice meal so as I can go watch the reds afterwards.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #66: Feb 24, 2020 06:18:10 pm
      Love MNF - looking forward to this from 7pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #67: Feb 24, 2020 06:26:53 pm
      Love MNF - looking forward to this from 7pm

a few beers a bit of exercise getting off the sofa and going to the fridge and back what could be better. Just want the lads to do what they have done now for two seasons give us everything added to a bit of magic with a loud and raucous Anfield and it will be the perfect way to spend a Monday night.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #68: Feb 24, 2020 06:32:03 pm
      Thanks mate.

Might be pushing it here but do you know any nice restaurants about there? On holiday with the mrs and feel I need to treat her to a nice meal so as I can go watch the reds afterwards.

It's been a long time and- but Trattoria Fidelia is/was a good Italian place - Luneberger Street 390, Berlin. Looks like it's 3 minutes away from LIR by car.

Quick Reply