Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Tue 16th Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 2nd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

Coronavirus Covid-19

Read 16636 times
      adammac and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,239 posts | 2730 
      • Beware The Second Wave
      Re: Coronavirus covid-19
      Reply #2100: May 15, 2020 10:32:46 pm
      Was speaking with my family doctor, he reckons reason why the death rate is high in BAME people is that we don’t get out in the sun, even though we originate from hot climates we rarely sit out in the sun..

There is truth in that Shabs.
      When I first got cancer 15 years ago in Toulouse  one of the lesser known facts was that survival rates in Caucasian patients were higher in southern European countries than those in the North.
      It was either diet or UV from the sun.
      I take high dose D3 in the UK daily plus other stuff to help the immune system.
      If anyone is interested I'll knock a post together on the subject of it and what I have learnt. 
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #2101: May 15, 2020 10:39:21 pm
      Couldn’t agree more. It makes me angry going about my business and having to deal with morons coming too close or blatantly ignoring the guidelines, whilst trying my best to do what’s best and haven’t seen my daughters for coming up six weeks. Easing things was a mistake.

Since the SAGE advice isn't made public or large swathes of it are redacted we won't know if they are really going back to the herd immunity theory.

They might consider the damage to public health and the resulting deaths, damage to the economy etc will be equal to or greater that than the damage and deaths the virus may cause.

Everybody now knows about social distancing and being alert etc so I think they think they can't do any more. But if anyone thinks they'll be held to account in some public inquiry their mistaken. Any inquiry will be hi-jacked by the lawyers and all the public will get is a swath of recomendations after about 6 years and a £100m costs bill.

You can always tell when the Tories know they have made a balls of it when they start saying " mistakes by successive governments.."..
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #2102: May 15, 2020 10:41:52 pm
      There is truth in that Shabs.
      When I first got cancer 15 years ago in Toulouse  one of the lesser known facts was that survival rates in Caucasian patients were higher in southern European countries than those in the North.
      It was either diet or UV from the sun.
      I take high dose D3 in the UK daily plus other stuff to help the immune system.
      If anyone is interested I'll knock a post together on the subject of it and what I have learnt.

The vitamin D and vitamin C thing is doing the rounds. Can't do any harm. Post away mush.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #2103: May 15, 2020 10:53:39 pm
      No evidence to suggest that children are biologically a different species to adults so of course they pass on disease either with symptoms or more likely asymptomatic.

Got the figures from ONS which included secretaries, lollipop ladies, teaching assistants etc.

No idea why there would be no Death registrations for any particular week, kids are at risk of spreading disease but quite clearly much lower risk of dying unlike the over 80’s.

Children shouldn't be put in harms way.One infected child could spread the virus through the school, to the teachers etc. Should be AFTER the summer holidays at the earliest. My wife is special needs in NI. It doesn't look like they will be going back in till after the summer.

It's a very difficult situation, why add to the risk.
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,357 posts | 1751 
      Reply #2104: May 15, 2020 11:06:19 pm
      Was speaking with my family doctor, he reckons reason why the death rate is high in BAME people is that we don’t get out in the sun, even though we originate from hot climates we rarely sit out in the sun..

As a redhead, one of my many mutant superpowers is I can produce my own vitamin D, especially on darker days. Finally it's the gingers time on top.

I tell you what though, I'm glad I'm an atheist because, after the fires, plagues, insect swarms of this year, as a first-born, it could be time to panic.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,955 posts | 3130 
      Reply #2105: May 15, 2020 11:16:59 pm

If you want a fancy a good read

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/vitamin-d-a-rapid-review-of-the-evidence-for-treatment-or-prevention-in-covid-19/
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,360 posts | 718 
      Reply #2106: May 16, 2020 04:56:30 pm
      So the massachusetts lockdown order expires may 18th.The governor will do his speech and i hope to f**k he throws us a few breadcrumbs,extending as it is now will play into the hands of the white power open everything gang.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,805 posts | 572 
      Reply #2107: May 17, 2020 10:59:31 pm
      Quote from Harrisimo
      Johnson actually he has more or less ended the lockdown.

Germany went down the Johnson road and the R number went back over 1 in less than a week. Can't see how the UK can keep the death toll on a downward spiral with this unlock strategy.

Deaths are falling and will continue to do so, although not as soon as the public want. The lockdown has not ended, nor will until all the phases outlined can be introduced. The R number will go above 1 in the meantime, but the government's ability to manage it, is what will determine how soon and severe the measures will be. A trickle above 1 is not a return of imminent lockdown, 2-3 though is a different matter.

Quote from althebest1
      Fair enough, I don’t know who told who what and why but I will say this, I don’t give a flying f*ck where or from who we have a chance to buy PPE , it can come from Outer Mongolia for all I care and if some of it is rejected so what? Who really cares?

I think health workers would care. And if they don't, they should. I also think taxpayers would not be happy with splashing out for PPE that is rubbish.

Forced to grovel to Turkey to buy useless equipment, when there was a "350million" a week pot of gold waiting for the NHS after Brexit, should upset all those convinced by the slogan to go and vote for it. While refusing the offer of ventilators from the EU, to make some sort of hollow political point, no doubt has cost hundreds, if not thousands of lives. Welcome to the reality of "taking back control" on the ground, 3 months in.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #2108: May 18, 2020 01:04:19 am
      So the massachusetts lockdown order expires may 18th.The governor will do his speech and i hope to f**k he throws us a few breadcrumbs,extending as it is now will play into the hands of the white power open everything gang.

I read that Boston is doing a 4 stage programme towards unlock. "Start...cautious...vigil ant...new normal"

https://www.livescience.com/massachusetts-coronavirus-updates.html

looks like you won't be reopening just yet. Lockdown for another 12 weeks...we may have won the league by then...!

LFCexiled
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,405 posts | 1246 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #2109: May 18, 2020 08:59:17 am
      I've been checking BBC news on the red button most days throughout the lock down and I find it really f**king depressing that now humans are allowed out to play more the news has gone from mostly good or lock down centric articles to humans going back to form, robbing and killing people, capitalism is slowly reaching out with its sharp claws again getting ready to drag people back into it's grasp.

I lived in the hope that humanity would come out of this with some lessons learnt but that's not going to happen, f**king humans.
      RedPuppy
      • WASH YOUR HANDS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,902 posts | 2224 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2110: May 18, 2020 10:35:17 am
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 35,698 posts | 4728 
      Reply #2111: May 18, 2020 10:56:46 am

Saw the exact same thing and was pissing myself laughing.  Quite a lot of British people have absolutely zero self awareness.  How dare all these other people come to the beach when I was coming!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 35,698 posts | 4728 
      Reply #2112: May 18, 2020 11:01:55 am
      I've been checking BBC news on the red button most days throughout the lock down and I find it really f**king depressing that now humans are allowed out to play more the news has gone from mostly good or lock down centric articles to humans going back to form, robbing and killing people, capitalism is slowly reaching out with its sharp claws again getting ready to drag people back into it's grasp.

I lived in the hope that humanity would come out of this with some lessons learnt but that's not going to happen, f**king humans.

Born > Learn > Work to make the rich richer > Die.  The tentacles of capitalism meant you always knew you would have to see your boss before you could see your family.

As tedious as this lockdown is, I still believe that it has made people perhaps appreciate a little bit more what they need to purchase and where they would want to purchase it from.

The influencers will be on social media advertising their fashion facemasks soon no doubt - but I do think that people everywhere will, to varying degrees, at least have spent some time considering what is and isn't important in their lives.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,523 posts | 4349 
      Reply #2113: May 18, 2020 11:10:16 am

The equivalent of expats saying they want brexit to stop immigrants coming into the UK from their Benidorm apartment!!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,239 posts | 2730 
      • Beware The Second Wave
      Reply #2114: May 18, 2020 11:33:45 am

So did I .    A wonderful pause on life as we once knew it .  We had the chance.

Nature always wins. It will take back over. 
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,075 posts | 387 
      Reply #2115: May 18, 2020 11:44:44 am
      A lot of conflicting stories surrounding care homes, I would ask people to take a step back until the inquiries have taken place , which I admit is difficult as in these days of wanting everything instantly. The world health organisation have revealed that 40% of all covid related deaths in Europe have been in care homes. I was speaking with the head nurse at my mum’s care home yesterday ( my mum died in the early hours of this morning but luckily I was able to visit yesterday) and she said they have followed the guidelines from government, i.e they stopped visitors from the 13th march ( 10 days before lockdown) and put their infection plan in place. They had one resident come back from hospital with the virus, at that time the capacity for testing every case wasn’t available but the hospital and care home, using common sense treated the resident as if in all probability she was covid positive, i.e isolation. They contained the virus to that one resident (who survived) and have been clear since. The nurse of course couldn’t speak for other care homes except to say every home has an infection plan. It’s easy to point the finger without knowing all the facts, I’m not saying there isn’t blame somewhere and everything needs to be scrutinised where mistakes have been made but there are thousands of news streams bombarding the internet as well as a million different opinions on social media. It’s a tragedy hitting everyone worldwide. The resident was sent back to the care home as she was very agitated being out of her comfortable and usual surroundings and all medical staff made the decision that she was better off back in the home, that was a clinical decision not some government guideline. Let’s all stick together and try not to get swept up in the media wave too much. Stay safe and use common sense.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,523 posts | 4349 
      Reply #2116: May 18, 2020 12:41:09 pm
      A lot of conflicting stories surrounding care homes, I would ask people to take a step back until the inquiries have taken place , which I admit is difficult as in these days of wanting everything instantly. The world health organisation have revealed that 40% of all covid related deaths in Europe have been in care homes. I was speaking with the head nurse at my mum’s care home yesterday ( my mum died in the early hours of this morning but luckily I was able to visit yesterday) and she said they have followed the guidelines from government, i.e they stopped visitors from the 13th march ( 10 days before lockdown) and put their infection plan in place. They had one resident come back from hospital with the virus, at that time the capacity for testing every case wasn’t available but the hospital and care home, using common sense treated the resident as if in all probability she was covid positive, i.e isolation. They contained the virus to that one resident (who survived) and have been clear since. The nurse of course couldn’t speak for other care homes except to say every home has an infection plan. It’s easy to point the finger without knowing all the facts, I’m not saying there isn’t blame somewhere and everything needs to be scrutinised where mistakes have been made but there are thousands of news streams bombarding the internet as well as a million different opinions on social media. It’s a tragedy hitting everyone worldwide. The resident was sent back to the care home as she was very agitated being out of her comfortable and usual surroundings and all medical staff made the decision that she was better off back in the home, that was a clinical decision not some government guideline. Let’s all stick together and try not to get swept up in the media wave too much. Stay safe and use common sense.

What inquiries?

This government won't hold an inquiry FACT

P.S sorry to read about your mum, condolences and f**k worrying about the internet, just make sure you and yours are sound.
      « Last Edit: May 18, 2020 03:26:27 pm by HUYTON RED »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,523 posts | 4349 
      Reply #2117: May 18, 2020 12:48:05 pm
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,322 posts | 2277 
      Reply #2118: May 18, 2020 12:51:04 pm
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 953 posts | 562 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #2119: May 18, 2020 12:59:10 pm

Sorry to hear about your mum, condolences mate
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 953 posts | 562 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #2120: May 18, 2020 01:06:04 pm

Ha, I had some slight hope myself that there was an opportunity for some positive change after all this, but after reading the new general consensus that schoolteachers are now "enemies of the people" and that people furloughed during a global pandemic are all "lazy" & "jobshy", I've come back to the realisation that there's f**k all chance of that happening.

This crisis will soon be airbrushed from history in a few years time when NHS workers ask for a small payrise
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 35,698 posts | 4728 
      Reply #2121: May 18, 2020 02:30:38 pm
      I was speaking with the head nurse at my mum’s care home yesterday ( my mum died in the early hours of this morning but luckily I was able to visit yesterday) and she said they have followed the guidelines from government, i.e they stopped visitors from the 13th march ( 10 days before lockdown) and put their infection plan in place. They had one resident come back from hospital with the virus, at that time the capacity for testing every case wasn’t available but the hospital and care home, using common sense treated the resident as if in all probability she was covid positive, i.e isolation.

Sorry to hear about your mum.  I'm glad the care home were able to arrange that you could go and visit and I'm sure that provided you with some comfort at a difficult time.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,360 posts | 718 
      Reply #2122: May 18, 2020 04:55:37 pm
      I read that Boston is doing a 4 stage programme towards unlock. "Start...cautious...vigil ant...new normal"

https://www.livescience.com/massachusetts-coronavirus-updates.html

looks like you won't be reopening just yet. Lockdown for another 12 weeks...we may have won the league by then...!

We're moving forward!!The cu*ts can get their nails/hair done next week,construction factories can start now if they meet safety standards.I'm looking forward to getting up a ladder and scraping a house next tuesday,oh yeah!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,381 posts | 2163 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2123: May 18, 2020 05:13:35 pm

Sorry for your loss mate
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,598 posts | 3607 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #2124: May 18, 2020 06:34:41 pm

Sorry to hear that 👍

Quick Reply