Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Tue 16th Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 31st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Coronavirus Covid-19

Read 16519 times
      Swab and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 35,697 posts | 4728 
      Re: Coronavirus CoVid-19
      Reply #25: Feb 28, 2020 11:20:49 am
      My work has just cancelled classes til the fifteenth of March, having already cancelled class up until the second of March.

What do you work as? In a school or something?
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 18 
      Reply #26: Feb 28, 2020 11:32:39 am
      What do you work as? In a school or something?

That's exactly it JD! I usually teach about 200 students a week. Came home for a month over their NY and then this happened, postponed going back by another month to see if any of the students got sick after they were meant to start back on what should have been the second. Looks like I'll have to go back on the day my flight is booked for and see if I join the infected, granted I live in Vietnam and the government aren't doing a terrible job there (all cases cured so far, air travel from China and SK blocked). But then I don't put much faith in the honesty of one party countries.

As an unrelated side note, I still tell people about the Torres t-shirt that I won on here way back when! What a letdown he turned out to be xD
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 35,697 posts | 4728 
      Reply #27: Feb 28, 2020 11:58:11 am
      granted I live in Vietnam and the government aren't doing a terrible job there (all cases cured so far, air travel from China and SK blocked). But then I don't put much faith in the honesty of one party countries.

You may not have faith in their honesty but nobody can deny they act quickly on certain things.  China seems to have got a grip on it through perhaps authoritarian control.  It might start getting to the situation where China are blocking incoming flights from other countries!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,379 posts | 2163 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #28: Feb 28, 2020 12:21:09 pm
      Newcastle banning people shaking hands at their training ground ! That will stop it..
      red79
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 111 posts |
      Coronavirus
      Reply #29: Feb 28, 2020 12:31:53 pm
      With matches being postponed in Italy, 6 nations matches in Ireland being postponed and restrictions on events involving crowds of more than 1000 people in Switzerland, it would be naive to think similar things wouldn’t happen over here.
      With this in mind does anyone know what the rules would be if this happens?Obviously peoples welfare is important but I’m genuinely concerned that this could lead to weeks and weeks of postponed fixtures that would be impossible to fulfil. I’m hopeful that we will have done what we need to do before any such postponements came in to play, but should it not, then what happens?  - I might be over thinking this and worrying over nothing (but I’ve waited 30 years for us to win the league) but could they just write the season off? surely they would have to find a way to get these fixtures fulfilled, you could argue that it would be nigh on impossible to catch us, so it would be hard to justify not giving us a title regardless, but as for sorting champions league places, relegation matters etc... it would be impossible to resolve - I’m putting this out there hoping someone can reassure me that all will be ok !
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,067 posts | 366 
      Reply #30: Feb 28, 2020 12:34:21 pm
      Newcastle banning people shaking hands at their training ground ! That will stop it..

To be fair, it seems to be a tradition there to shake hands every morning, plus it was on the advice of a doctor.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,067 posts | 366 
      Re: Coronavirus
      Reply #31: Feb 28, 2020 12:41:53 pm
      We only have 19 known cases in the UK so far, whilst Italy has 655 cases and 17 deaths and Switzerland has 15 cases with a much smaller population (around 8 million compared to 67 million here and 60 million in Italy), whilst the outbreak seems to be slowing down. I would think the relevant authorities have discussed potential plans, but I can't see our leagues being affected by it.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,859 posts | 2283 
      Reply #32: Feb 28, 2020 01:36:43 pm
      The mortality rate for anyone under 60 is tiny, fractions of a percent. For anyone older its about the same as flu.
      Rush
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,792 posts | 1221 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #33: Feb 28, 2020 02:01:11 pm
      It's a real possibility, but I think we'll have it wrapped up by them.

If not, I actually think I'd laugh, not cry. You'd have to.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #34: Feb 28, 2020 02:01:16 pm
      With matches being postponed in Italy, 6 nations matches in Ireland being postponed and restrictions on events involving crowds of more than 1000 people in Switzerland, it would be naive to think similar things wouldn’t happen over here.
      With this in mind does anyone know what the rules would be if this happens?Obviously peoples welfare is important but I’m genuinely concerned that this could lead to weeks and weeks of postponed fixtures that would be impossible to fulfil. I’m hopeful that we will have done what we need to do before any such postponements came in to play, but should it not, then what happens?  - I might be over thinking this and worrying over nothing (but I’ve waited 30 years for us to win the league) but could they just write the season off? surely they would have to find a way to get these fixtures fulfilled, you could argue that it would be nigh on impossible to catch us, so it would be hard to justify not giving us a title regardless, but as for sorting champions league places, relegation matters etc... it would be impossible to resolve - I’m putting this out there hoping someone can reassure me that all will be ok !

Games could be played with a lock in system. I think if it came to it, which I doubt, it would be better to complete all league fixtures to sort out leagues for 20/21. Clubs probably won't have any control and would have to go by what the chief medical officer says.

The powers that be in the game would want the fixtures completed to be able to sort out league placing and entries into European comps etc. I would expect or think the Prem league and others might meet in the coming days to have an idea what to do if it came to games called off due to the virus.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 2399 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #35: Feb 28, 2020 03:48:58 pm
      I hope not :( Pray God!
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,219 posts | 2084 
      Reply #36: Feb 28, 2020 03:55:34 pm
      If it got a lot worse then there could be a situation where games are played behind closed doors with no fans

Which would be a benefit to City as they play in front of f**k all as it stands  :P
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,379 posts | 2163 
      Reply #37: Feb 28, 2020 04:06:19 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,344 posts | 3626 
      Reply #38: Feb 28, 2020 04:25:34 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,344 posts | 3626 
      Reply #39: Feb 28, 2020 04:26:57 pm
      I don't see anyway that this effects the end of the season significantly. We should have it wrapped up soon at any rate, but there's no way the Premier League season is drastically affected.

ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,443 posts | 644 
      Reply #40: Feb 28, 2020 04:29:07 pm
      For everyone's safety, the league shall play its last round of matches this weekend. Liverpool will be officially crowned as Premier League Champions for the 2019/20 season. :D

You heard it from me first.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,360 posts | 717 
      Reply #41: Feb 28, 2020 05:23:22 pm
      Really a new thread..bunch of f**king bedwetters!! :f_wah:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,379 posts | 2163 
      Reply #42: Feb 28, 2020 06:21:28 pm
      BBC news is bordering on the hysterical about this
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #43: Feb 28, 2020 06:22:40 pm
      BBC news is bordering on the hysterical about this

Good distraction from the floods.

GERNS

• 8,029 posts | 651 
      Reply #44: Feb 28, 2020 06:23:18 pm
      Probably all travelling will be kept to a minimum, so all internationals cancelled and any outstanding Prem fixtures played in their place. 😃😃😃😃😃🤗🤗🤗🤗

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 35,697 posts | 4728 
      Reply #45: Feb 28, 2020 06:33:12 pm
      No international games would be a massive plus of coronavirus.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,516 posts | 4346 
      Re: Coronavirus covid-19
      Reply #46: Feb 28, 2020 07:04:29 pm
      bigbob75
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 598 posts | 84 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #47: Feb 28, 2020 07:09:30 pm
      Nothing to do with it being a Mexican lager then!! :laugh:

And there was me thinking it was the vaccine for it. Wondered why there was so much of it left in the shop shelf  :laugh:
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #48: Feb 29, 2020 11:58:00 am
      It obviously is a worry. If it does come down to games being called off then the only fair way is to freeze the league position at say 30 or 32 games or whatever the total games played if and when the cancellations start.

For the sake of arguing lets say the freeze comes in at all Prem teams completed 32 games. Whoever (us) is top wins the title and all other teams qualify or are relegated as per their league position. And the same in any other country that have their football affected by the virus. That seems fair to everybody.

If they don't, if it comes to it, qualifications and relegations for next season will be in a mess.
      tezmac

• 7,160 posts | 266 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #49: Feb 29, 2020 12:57:22 pm
      We only have 19 known cases in the UK so far, whilst Italy has 655 cases and 17 deaths and Switzerland has 15 cases with a much smaller population (around 8 million compared to 67 million here and 60 million in Italy), whilst the outbreak seems to be slowing down. I would think the relevant authorities have discussed potential plans, but I can't see our leagues being affected by it.

The F.A. Are all ready talking about stopping the league

Quick Reply