Trending Topics

Next match: WBA v LFC [Premier League] Sun 16th May @ 4:30 pm
      The Hawthorns

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W6 D3 L5

Coronavirus Covid-19

Read 61363 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 37,196 posts | 5475 
      Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
      Reply #4025: Apr 08, 2021 12:30:09 am
      The Hot Water Comedy Club have pulled out of the govt's planned reopening trial after blaming confusing messages from the Government.

Could see that coming.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 37,196 posts | 5475 
      Reply #4026: Apr 08, 2021 10:48:36 am
      Two updates from the ONS today after some reports delayed due to Easter weekend.

Half of people who tested positive in community had no symptoms - ONS
      The Office for National Statistics data has also found that 53% of people who had a "strong" positive test for coronavirus reported having no symptoms, compared to 47% who did.

The strength of the test is measured by a cycle threshold (Ct) value and the lower the Ct value, the higher the viral load and stronger the positive test, the ONS said.

Fatigue, headache and cough were the most commonly reported symptoms from people who tested positive for Covid with a strong positive test between 1 December last year and 22 March.

Deaths registered in UK still below the five-year average
      The number of deaths registered in the UK in the week ending 26 March was 11,439, which was 5% below the five-year average, according to the Office for National Statistics.

Last week, deaths were 8% below the five-year-average.

And 799 of these deaths involved Covid-19, 245 lower than the previous week.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 37,196 posts | 5475 
      Reply #4027: Apr 09, 2021 11:18:27 am
      Vaccines program has prevented 10,600 deaths
      The Covid vaccine programme has prevented 10,400 deaths in the over 60s in England over the past four months, new analysis suggests.

From the first jab on 8 December last year up to the end of March, more than 15 million jabs have been given to adults in this age group, Public Health England (PHE) said.

According to its estimates, 9,100 deaths were prevented during that time in those aged 80 and over, 1,200 were avoided in those aged 70 to 79, and 100 lives were saved in those aged 60 to 69.

The figures were estimated using real-world data on how effective the vaccines are at preventing death and vaccine uptake.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 27,666 posts | 2835 
      Reply #4028: Apr 09, 2021 11:36:42 am
      Vaccines program has prevented 10,600 deaths
      The Covid vaccine programme has prevented 10,400 deaths in the over 60s in England over the past four months, new analysis suggests.

From the first jab on 8 December last year up to the end of March, more than 15 million jabs have been given to adults in this age group, Public Health England (PHE) said.

According to its estimates, 9,100 deaths were prevented during that time in those aged 80 and over, 1,200 were avoided in those aged 70 to 79, and 100 lives were saved in those aged 60 to 69.

The figures were estimated using real-world data on how effective the vaccines are at preventing death and vaccine uptake.

Yet we're still expected to have to carry and show vaccine passports to get a meal or watch a movie?

Absolute bullshit.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,178 posts | 631 
      Reply #4029: Apr 09, 2021 12:01:42 pm
      Quote from JD
      Prepared to get the vaccine for the sake of others but not interested in getting a vaccination passport.

Businesses that insist on it just wont get my money, simple as.

I'm almost certain the discussion about these passports is simply a con to ensure take up amongst the under 50s. It will probably work in bootlicking Britain.

I haven't got it yet, and probably won't be able to for some time, but I would have thought passports, (or certification of some kind) would be given to you within minutes of receiving your vaccine, as I can't see many 86 year olds with about 10 underlying conditions, downloading apps to get their documentation.

I don't think you'll have the option to refuse them though. In 6-12 months time, they will probably be mandatory in all public places, everywhere from the bus trip to the local shop, to foreign travel to the other side of the world.

I still find masks unbearable, so I can't really go anywhere atm, if they insist in locking me up in masks for any length of time. Plus, if you have to wear them or take tests just to go to a comedy night, or a sports event outdoors in a safe environment, then all the fun is gone and not worth the hassle imo. I also think the idea of a "comedy night" in Liverpool on the weekend of the anniversary, is grossly insensitive.
      UncleBob
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 710 posts | 126 
      Reply #4030: Apr 10, 2021 11:15:08 am
      No vaccination for me. If I’m not allowed to go to clubs and theatres and stadiums then so be it.

I have no underlying health issues.
      I’m at an age where covid is less of a threat.
      But most importantly, I don’t have a tv license so I’m not inundated with non stop bbc propaganda.

I read somewhere the deaths of people with no underlying health issues is around the 9,000 mark.

I’ll take my chances.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 37,196 posts | 5475 
      Reply #4031: Apr 20, 2021 12:37:33 pm
      ONS update to 9th April

The number of deaths registered in England and Wales was affected by the Easter Monday Bank Holiday; 9,098 deaths were registered in England and Wales in the week ending 9 April 2021 (Week 14), 897 more deaths than the previous week (Week 13).

In Week 14, the number of deaths registered in England and Wales was 11.7% below the five-year average (1,207 fewer deaths); this is the fifth consecutive week that deaths have been below the five-year average; because of the movement of Easter, Easter Monday does not always fall in Week 14 so may not be included in the average.

Of the deaths registered in Week 14 in England and Wales, 379 mentioned “novel coronavirus (COVID-19)”, a decrease of 21 deaths compared with Week 13.

In Week 14, deaths involving COVID-19 accounted for 4.2% of all deaths in England and Wales, compared with 4.9% in Week 13.

Of the 379 deaths involving COVID-19 in Week 14 in England and Wales, 280 had this recorded as the underlying cause of death (73.9%).
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 37,196 posts | 5475 
      Reply #4032: May 07, 2021 11:56:22 am
      Under 40s to be offered alternative to AZ vaccine
      Most adults under the age of 40 will be given an alternative to the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine due to a link with rare blood clots.

The UK's medicines safety regulator says there have been 242 clotting cases, with 28.5 million doses of the vaccine administered.

But the risk is slightly higher in younger age groups.

Low levels of coronavirus cases and the availability of alternative vaccines have also informed the decision.

Prof Wei Shen Lim, from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI), said: "Safety remains our number one priority.

"As Covid-19 rates continue to come under control, we are advising that adults aged 18- 39 years with no underlying health conditions are offered an alternative to the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine, if available, and if it does not cause delays in having the vaccine."

The Oxford-AstraZeneca has been linked to distinctive, but rare, blood clots that also appear with low levels of platelets (which help clots form) in the blood.

The risk of a clot is roughly one in 100,000 for people in their 40s, but rises to one in 60,000 for people in their 30s.

At the same time, the risks of developing severe Covid if you catch the virus falls with age.

Dr June Raine, the chief executive of Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) said the benefits continued to outweigh the risks for the "vast majority of people".

She added: "The balance of benefits and risks is very favourable for older people but is more finely balanced for younger people."

Most clots were after the first dose and people who have already had one dose of Oxford-AstraZeneca are advised to still have the second.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,574 posts | 2191 
      Re: Have you been vaccinated?
      Reply #4033: May 08, 2021 02:03:56 pm
       :roll:
      Are you?

And what type of fuckwittery is that 2nd question, cos like yeah we've all got scientific labs to produce the results you want!!

Get a f**king grip.

What are you talking about? You always talk so much nonsense - how old are you?
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 122 posts | 32 
      Re: Re: Have you been vaccinated?
      Reply #4034: May 08, 2021 11:59:47 pm
      The most significant mutations appeared in spring and summer of 2020 in multiple countries, before phase three trials began

Eh?

They appeared in December 2020 and January 2021.

What's your source for earlier than that? Are you suggesting that governments kept them quiet for over 6 months? Even for Boris Johnson that would be some pretty major shenanigans. Bolsonaro I can believe. World's most dangerous man. They need a military coup in Brasil and then hang the f**ker. Pointless having an army if they're going to sit there and do nothing while the President wipes out his own population.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,666 posts | 5343 
      Reply #4035: May 09, 2021 02:12:50 am
      :roll:
      You always talk so much nonsense - how old are you?

F***ing hell that's a cracker, talking utter sh*te is a hobby for you, weren't you screaming covid marshall at someone in the match thread softlad? How f**king old àre you? Tit!!
      « Last Edit: May 09, 2021 04:27:21 am by HUYTON RED »
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,574 posts | 2191 
      Reply #4036: May 09, 2021 06:40:15 am
      F***ing hell that's a cracker, talking utter sh*te is a hobby for you, weren't you screaming covid marshall at someone in the match thread softlad? How f**king old àre you? Tit!!

‘Softlad’, i know you’re loving furlough and all that business, however some of us want to live our lives.
      bigbob75
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 853 posts | 172 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #4037: May 09, 2021 02:06:02 pm
      Had mine yesterday and feel fine. Just putting on the feeling tired today so I can sit in front of the tele 😉
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,666 posts | 5343 
      Reply #4038: May 09, 2021 02:38:04 pm
      ‘Softlad’, i know you’re loving furlough and all that business, however some of us want to live our lives.

Haven't even been on Furlough you f**king pr**k. Just showed yourself up with that snide shout. Is that the new "doleite" shout you southern c**t? Why the f**k do you support Liverpool you utter shithouse?

"Softlad" is a typical shout in Liverpool for someone acting a tit a bit like you're doing. So off you pop you cockney gobs***e!!
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,675 posts | 745 
      Reply #4039: May 09, 2021 03:16:54 pm

Some people just love the placebo effect of “feeling safe” by doing what some guy in a suit sitting in a government office tells them.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,574 posts | 2191 
      Reply #4040: May 09, 2021 03:17:35 pm
      Haven't even been on Furlough you f**king pr**k. Just showed yourself up with that snide shout. Is that the new "doleite" shout you southern c**t? Why the f**k do you support Liverpool you utter shithouse?

"Softlad" is a typical shout in Liverpool for someone acting a tit a bit like you're doing. So off you pop you cockney gobs***e!!

Talking more nonsense - I would love to know your age, miserable c**t.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,574 posts | 2191 
      Reply #4041: May 09, 2021 03:17:55 pm
      Some people just love the placebo effect of “feeling safe” by doing what some guy in a suit sitting in a government office tells them.

Exactly mate
      L4.19Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 262 posts | 74 
      Reply #4042: May 09, 2021 03:28:08 pm

Does India not show you what happens when you open up and the population isn’t vaccinated?

They opened up for cricket and religious festivals and now the country is on its knees

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,666 posts | 5343 
      Reply #4043: May 09, 2021 03:30:50 pm
      Talking more nonsense - I would love to know your age, miserable c**t.

Called you on your pathetic sh*t and I'm f**king miserable. Why do you fancy your chances you mouthy southern c**t? I would love to know what boozers you drink in around the ground so I can give you the education we got off the old standing kop.

Tit!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,666 posts | 5343 
      Reply #4044: May 09, 2021 03:31:53 pm

And some people think they know more than actual trained professionals!!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,574 posts | 2191 
      Reply #4045: May 09, 2021 03:34:49 pm
      Says the snide scouse-hating shithouse. Why do you fancy your chances you mouthy southern c**t?

I’m afraid you’ve got it completely wrong Huyton (like usual). Why would I hate scousers? Just because I can tell you’re a lazy c**t who loves being at home and being a good boy for the tories, doesn’t mean I hate scousers - I love the city of Liverpool.

I do fancy my chances yeah, you’re all mouth.
      tezmac
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,210 posts | 404 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #4046: May 09, 2021 03:37:18 pm
      Had mine yesterday and feel fine. Just putting on the feeling tired today so I can sit in front of the tele 😉

Tut tut
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,574 posts | 2191 
      Reply #4047: May 09, 2021 03:38:51 pm

Ha ha brilliant - I should have thought of that. Second jab booked for end of the month
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,444 posts | 996 
      Reply #4048: May 09, 2021 03:39:08 pm
      I’m afraid you’ve got it completely wrong Huyton (like usual). Why would I hate scousers? Just because I can tell you’re a lazy c**t who loves being at home and being a good boy for the tories, doesn’t mean I hate scousers - I love the city of Liverpool.

What a pleasant person you are.

I think it’s quite easy to tell who the Tory boy is and it’s fair chance it’s not going to be the scouser as opposed to the “London Geezer”

I suspect you will be back supporting Chelsea soon enough.

What sort of immature child are you
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,666 posts | 5343 
      Reply #4049: May 09, 2021 03:39:45 pm

Same as you, you're one thick tw*t. And love your typical dickhead lazy stereotypes. You keep usual snide shouts I've heard from you shithouse southern cu*ts who love calling scousers jobless. You're the only tory here, get back to sucking Boris cock you f**king shithouse.

Quick Reply