Trending Topics

Next match: Leeds v LFC [Premier League] Mon 19th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Elland Road

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P30 W15 D7 L8

Coronavirus Covid-19

Read 58464 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 37,073 posts | 5396 
      Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
      Reply #4025: Apr 08, 2021 12:30:09 am
      The Hot Water Comedy Club have pulled out of the govt's planned reopening trial after blaming confusing messages from the Government.

Could see that coming.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 37,073 posts | 5396 
      Reply #4026: Apr 08, 2021 10:48:36 am
      Two updates from the ONS today after some reports delayed due to Easter weekend.

Half of people who tested positive in community had no symptoms - ONS
      The Office for National Statistics data has also found that 53% of people who had a "strong" positive test for coronavirus reported having no symptoms, compared to 47% who did.

The strength of the test is measured by a cycle threshold (Ct) value and the lower the Ct value, the higher the viral load and stronger the positive test, the ONS said.

Fatigue, headache and cough were the most commonly reported symptoms from people who tested positive for Covid with a strong positive test between 1 December last year and 22 March.

Deaths registered in UK still below the five-year average
      The number of deaths registered in the UK in the week ending 26 March was 11,439, which was 5% below the five-year average, according to the Office for National Statistics.

Last week, deaths were 8% below the five-year-average.

And 799 of these deaths involved Covid-19, 245 lower than the previous week.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 37,073 posts | 5396 
      Reply #4027: Apr 09, 2021 11:18:27 am
      Vaccines program has prevented 10,600 deaths
      The Covid vaccine programme has prevented 10,400 deaths in the over 60s in England over the past four months, new analysis suggests.

From the first jab on 8 December last year up to the end of March, more than 15 million jabs have been given to adults in this age group, Public Health England (PHE) said.

According to its estimates, 9,100 deaths were prevented during that time in those aged 80 and over, 1,200 were avoided in those aged 70 to 79, and 100 lives were saved in those aged 60 to 69.

The figures were estimated using real-world data on how effective the vaccines are at preventing death and vaccine uptake.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 27,575 posts | 2789 
      Reply #4028: Apr 09, 2021 11:36:42 am
      Vaccines program has prevented 10,600 deaths
      The Covid vaccine programme has prevented 10,400 deaths in the over 60s in England over the past four months, new analysis suggests.

From the first jab on 8 December last year up to the end of March, more than 15 million jabs have been given to adults in this age group, Public Health England (PHE) said.

According to its estimates, 9,100 deaths were prevented during that time in those aged 80 and over, 1,200 were avoided in those aged 70 to 79, and 100 lives were saved in those aged 60 to 69.

The figures were estimated using real-world data on how effective the vaccines are at preventing death and vaccine uptake.

Yet we're still expected to have to carry and show vaccine passports to get a meal or watch a movie?

Absolute bullshit.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,144 posts | 629 
      Reply #4029: Apr 09, 2021 12:01:42 pm
      Quote from JD
      Prepared to get the vaccine for the sake of others but not interested in getting a vaccination passport.

Businesses that insist on it just wont get my money, simple as.

I'm almost certain the discussion about these passports is simply a con to ensure take up amongst the under 50s. It will probably work in bootlicking Britain.

I haven't got it yet, and probably won't be able to for some time, but I would have thought passports, (or certification of some kind) would be given to you within minutes of receiving your vaccine, as I can't see many 86 year olds with about 10 underlying conditions, downloading apps to get their documentation.

I don't think you'll have the option to refuse them though. In 6-12 months time, they will probably be mandatory in all public places, everywhere from the bus trip to the local shop, to foreign travel to the other side of the world.

I still find masks unbearable, so I can't really go anywhere atm, if they insist in locking me up in masks for any length of time. Plus, if you have to wear them or take tests just to go to a comedy night, or a sports event outdoors in a safe environment, then all the fun is gone and not worth the hassle imo. I also think the idea of a "comedy night" in Liverpool on the weekend of the anniversary, is grossly insensitive.
      UncleBob
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 541 posts | 106 
      Reply #4030: Apr 10, 2021 11:15:08 am
      No vaccination for me. If I’m not allowed to go to clubs and theatres and stadiums then so be it.

I have no underlying health issues.
      I’m at an age where covid is less of a threat.
      But most importantly, I don’t have a tv license so I’m not inundated with non stop bbc propaganda.

I read somewhere the deaths of people with no underlying health issues is around the 9,000 mark.

I’ll take my chances.

Quick Reply