Trending Topics

Next match: Palace v LFC [Premier League] Sun 23rd Jan @ 2:00 pm
      Selhurst Park

Today is the 21st of January and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W11 D5 L7

Coronavirus Covid-19

Read 118394 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas, Tayls, JD, Redman7804 and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Salah10
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 804 posts | 140 
      Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
      Reply #5400: Jan 07, 2022 09:21:19 pm
      Lol how did you blag that in the middle of a pandemic, I thought you needed health insurance to get in. I remember travelling in South America in 2015 and you couldn't get in some countries without insurance. Makes you appreciate what we have here with the NHS when you go to some of these countries.

I've never appreciated the NHS like now 😂 They literally leave you on an A&E bed until you pay and come back with the receipt to show a nurse.

Entry to Egypt is very easy. There's three people on three desks. Walk up and show them your PCR negative. They can't even read english 😂 They said say "okay" and you're in.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,028 posts | 1037 
      Reply #5401: Jan 07, 2022 09:27:35 pm
      I know we are opposite sides of this but….

Does that really need saying? Surely people know

Surely people know to wash their hands, and yet it's been part of the same tired message from basically day 1 while never encouraging people to improve their diet and lifestyle as a preventative measure.
      rossyred

• 5,846 posts | 1015 
      Reply #5402: Jan 07, 2022 09:53:16 pm
      I don’t think he has the cajones to take you up on that bet…

Hope your feeling better mate, sounds like you got a nastier version of it than some of us…

I think I had some sort of version back in September, sore throat & high temp my throat was on fire fully recovered & not taken up jab..

If you feel it’s the right thing for your health then take the jab, there are plenty folks triple jabbed & boosted but still went on to catch COVID of some sort.

Keep beating that drum
      Salah10
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 804 posts | 140 
      Reply #5403: Jan 07, 2022 10:03:24 pm
      I can tell you something, that slimey Javid got his ass handed to him by a doctor regarding vaccines today.

The clip's on sky news
      Redman7804
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 465 posts | 209 
      Reply #5404: Jan 07, 2022 10:17:23 pm
      Surely people know to wash their hands, and yet it's been part of the same tired message from basically day 1 while never encouraging people to improve their diet and lifestyle as a preventative measure.

You should be happy about the washing hands thing as you’re such a stickler for thirst things no?

Keeping heathy shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone either
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,445 posts | 4171 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #5405: Jan 07, 2022 10:18:11 pm
      You'd think all these experts who can't spend a day without a tv/radio/news appearance would take some time to encourage people to eat better and exercise to help their overall health and immune system. But nah.

It's absolutely unreal that it isn't.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,144 posts | 247 
      Reply #5406: Jan 07, 2022 10:32:12 pm

No broadcasters and no major health organisations as far as I am aware are spreading the message of the helpfulness of vitamin D and Zinc despite much serious evidence. And they've never encouraged the loss of weight, improved sleep, cutting out alcohol, good diet etc as strong ways of deterring serious illness. Increased death and illness is not a desired outcome, but it is one of many sources of evidence that journalism is completely failing us.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,681 posts | 682 
      Reply #5407: Jan 08, 2022 01:03:32 am
      No broadcasters and no major health organisations as far as I am aware are spreading the message of the helpfulness of vitamin D and Zinc despite much serious evidence. And they've never encouraged the loss of weight, improved sleep, cutting out alcohol, good diet etc as strong ways of deterring serious illness. Increased death and illness is not a desired outcome, but it is one of many sources of evidence that journalism is completely failing us.

There is still not enough data on vit d and zinc helping symptomatic covid infections.

Doctors usually prescribe it because there is data on how helpful it is against cold virus, which is covid's cousin.

But yeh, being healthy and eating healthy might help, but it doesn't matter against covid. The data shows risk of covid death increases with age (fit or unfit) and also males are more at risk than females. Mortality risk also increases the same in all age groups once infected.

I'll try to find the data and post it here. but some statisticians like Nassim Taleb are doing a pretty good job with interpreting info.
      UncleBob
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,481 posts | 248 
      Reply #5408: Jan 08, 2022 07:35:29 am
      There is still not enough data on vit d and zinc helping symptomatic covid infections.

Doctors usually prescribe it because there is data on how helpful it is against cold virus, which is covid's cousin.

But yeh, being healthy and eating healthy might help, but it doesn't matter against covid. The data shows risk of covid death increases with age (fit or unfit) and also males are more at risk than females. Mortality risk also increases the same in all age groups once infected.

I'll try to find the data and post it here. but some statisticians like Nassim Taleb are doing a pretty good job with interpreting info.

Of course being healthy matters.
      40% of covid deaths have diabetes.
      78% are obese.
      On average a covid death has 2.6 other comorbidities.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,789 posts | 4289 
      Reply #5409: Jan 08, 2022 09:02:18 am
      Nice the see the consultant who is not vaccinated put in Sajid Javed..

https://youtu.be/hOlEYcd1nyI
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,144 posts | 247 
      Reply #5410: Jan 08, 2022 10:55:55 am

A meta-analysis on vit d : https://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/13/10/3596/htm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,412 posts | 5083 
      Reply #5411: Jan 08, 2022 11:32:05 am
      I can tell you something, that slimey Javid got his ass handed to him by a doctor regarding vaccines today.

The clip's on sky news

I am still very much open minded on the Vaccine even though I have had three. That Doctor was a very senior Doctor who had been at the heart of Covid for nearly two years and had not and would not have the Vaccine and believed his antibodies from getting Covid provided better protection than any Vaccine. He also thought it was useless against Omicron. So for me the balance still lies with getting Vaccinated but a fourth one will take some persuading.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,681 posts | 682 
      Reply #5412: Jan 08, 2022 12:04:12 pm
      Of course being healthy matters.
      40% of covid deaths have diabetes.
      78% are obese.
      On average a covid death has 2.6 other comorbidities.

No

diabetics and obese are proportionally at risk with other diseases/virus with covid. This does not change. The same with elderly. an 80 year old has the same mortality risk from the flu or any other contagious disease.

covid multiplies mortality risk across allll ages. statistically speaking if a 25 year old has a chance of 1/1000 to die in a given year, getting covid multiplies this and his/her life expectancy shortens. The multiplier is the same across all ages (ofcourse a 40 year is more at risk, 50 year old even more etc...)

more on the calculation

https://twitter.com/nntaleb/status/1462887990972272648

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 34,217 posts | 6049 
      Reply #5413: Jan 08, 2022 03:58:15 pm

Or impeove their immune system. Plenty of rest, sleep and eat your greens. All the sh*t you're taught as a kid.
      Jimsouse67

• 7,099 posts | 1068 
      Reply #5414: Jan 08, 2022 04:20:27 pm
      Or impeove their immune system. Plenty of rest, sleep and eat your greens. All the sh*t you're taught as a kid.
      Yep,taught in primary school along with how to wash your hands and reinforced by the vast majority of parents.
      UncleBob
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,481 posts | 248 
      Reply #5415: Jan 08, 2022 05:18:20 pm
      No

diabetics and obese are proportionally at risk with other diseases/virus with covid. This does not change. The same with elderly. an 80 year old has the same mortality risk from the flu or any other contagious disease.

covid multiplies mortality risk across allll ages. statistically speaking if a 25 year old has a chance of 1/1000 to die in a given year, getting covid multiplies this and his/her life expectancy shortens. The multiplier is the same across all ages (ofcourse a 40 year is more at risk, 50 year old even more etc...)

more on the calculation

https://twitter.com/nntaleb/status/1462887990972272648

Being healthy is the best start you can have. It’s something you are in control of and will help protect against a whole range of viruses.

I’d rather be healthy with covid than massively obese.
      CT_LFC

• 5,028 posts | 1037 
      Reply #5416: Jan 08, 2022 05:28:22 pm

Yup. It’s been a massive failure from the medical community. Basic crap like what you mentioned or “exercise 3x a week for 20-30 minutes will help improve your health” should have been part of the message from the start.

These experts have had the platform and eagerly listening audience to help people improve their health and make a positive long-term impact.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,412 posts | 5083 
      Reply #5417: Jan 09, 2022 12:24:57 pm
      we have had so much data and information thrown at us these past two years most of which we or at least I do not understand. However I do understand we cannot go on like this forever and I have seen a few prominent or eminent Medical experts saying we need to stop showing numbers now as we cant stop the spread but we have stopped it killing people in large numbers.
      I want my life back so I will not be watching SKY or the BBC delight in reporting people dying or in how many infections we have had today the sick fuckers have warped and twisted minds.
      Glass of wine this afternoon watching or listening to the mighty Reds win with  the Kop in full voice the best medicine anyone can have
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,435 posts | 655 
      Reply #5418: Jan 09, 2022 08:39:49 pm
      Quote from Salah10

Seems like you had second thoughts about them already. It's not very difficult to be fully vaccinated if you really want to. But it seems like nothing will convince you that they work, despite the experience you had.

I had to get the third dose on the day of the Chelsea game. The side effects didn't take effect until after the game, but it was much longer and rougher than before. Further doses should be really limited to the medically vulnerable.

Quote from Isaac!

The virus doesn't discriminate on the grounds of diet or lifestyle or sleep time. Our squad have just suffered an outbreak, (along with others) even though they follow all the guidelines and physically they're some of the healthiest people around.

The virus has a life of it's own, and doesn't care whether your diet is mainly made up of pasta or pizza. If it's your turn to get hit, then you're getting hit. Vaccines have helped deal with the worst it can throw, but age is the biggest factor in determining how you get through it.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,681 posts | 682 
      Reply #5419: Jan 09, 2022 10:43:20 pm
      Being healthy is the best start you can have. It’s something you are in control of and will help protect against a whole range of viruses.

I’d rather be healthy with covid than massively obese.

Sure, but do you think obese people are happy to be obese? probably not and it is not as easy as we think it is.

btw more on my point about health - covid does not care if you are healthy or not

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1479128104094162948?s=20
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 37,755 posts | 5794 
      Reply #5420: Jan 10, 2022 12:31:58 pm
      Covid Round 2 in my house.  The missus has tested positive after only a few days back in work.

She's the only one of us so far.  Doing these tests is so much easier than the ballache of all staying inside for 10 days like we all had to do last August.

Anyway it certainly seems to be a much shorter period from exposure to testing positive with this Omicron anyway.  Think one of her staff in class tested positive on the Thursday and then two other staff on the Saturday.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,070 posts | 1575 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5421: Jan 10, 2022 12:38:16 pm
      Covid Round 2 in my house.  The missus has tested positive after only a few days back in work.

She's the only one of us so far.  Doing these tests is so much easier than the ballache of all staying inside for 10 days like we all had to do last August.

Anyway it certainly seems to be a much shorter period from exposure to testing positive with this Omicron anyway.  Think one of her staff in class tested positive on the Thursday and then two other staff on the Saturday.

Christ again! Hope it’s the mild version JD. I’ve been lucky so far, my turn will come but doing my best to make it latter rather than sooner. Hope she gets well quickly.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 29,186 posts | 3577 
      Reply #5422: Jan 10, 2022 02:37:26 pm

Definitely much easier doing the LFT every day instead of automatically having to isolate.

The vaccine was worth it alone for this.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,789 posts | 4289 
      Reply #5423: Jan 10, 2022 03:36:05 pm
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,855 posts | 3604 
      Reply #5424: Jan 10, 2022 04:14:48 pm

If that was true we would not have seen the excess deaths we have seen over the last 2 years.

Quick Reply