Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Athletic [Friendly] Sun 8th Aug @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of August and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W8 D2 L3

Coronavirus Covid-19

Read 75093 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,549 posts | 3531 
      Re: Coronavirus covid-19
      Reply #225: Mar 12, 2020 07:02:26 pm

Coronavirus: Italy says 1,000 have died but lockdown can work

😳😳😳

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51852320

Italy was the first country to ban all flights to & from China yet they are the first EU country to be affected the most...bizarre

Theory is that like Iran they have had it in circulation for quite a while before the symptoms were picked up by which time it had probably infected all parts of Lombardy and wider.

CMO has just said we are probably 12-14 weeks away from the peak so let’s see what happens here 😳
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,015 posts | 4339 
      Reply #226: Mar 12, 2020 07:04:00 pm
      Surprised he didn't mention their great character.

I have three envelopes, two of them have names of players with Covid-19. Is your name in one of these envelopes?
      LFCexiled
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,523 posts | 1796 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #227: Mar 12, 2020 09:26:54 pm
      I'm no lover of Johnson but I am not sure what people actually object to. I find the Chief Scientific Adviser and the Chief Medical Officer very impressive and Johnson, for once, does seem to be closely following the scientific advice. I found their arguments for when and why they are taking, and in some cases not taking, particular actions pretty convincing.

Italy may well have reached the stage where more drastic action is needed.

There seems to be a lot of people who think that there are actions that a government can take that will stop this virus. I don't believe there are. It is a new virus. There is no immunity in the population at all. There is no vaccine. Under those conditions the virus will progress through the population and the majority of the population will catch it. The UK is working on a best worst case scenario of 80 % infection over all. Sadly a significant number of people will die, as they do with seasonal flue every year. The UK government response is to try to delay the peak and to flatten the peak over a longer time period. This does not reduce the overall infection rate but it greatly reduces the instantaneous pressure on the NHS and so allows them to provide the maximum treatment to those most badly affected. That is probably the best way to minimise the death rate. A steep narrow peak would totally overwhelm available medical care leading to aggressive triaging and those least likely to benefit from treatment being left to die. Only time will tell.

It's a tory government and a Liverpool fans forum, scepticism is the very minimum I'd expect to see here, from the vast majority at least.

They're expected to do what's best for the electorate and they fail on that score again and again, history's littered with them f**king over the working classes and some of us think it's advisable to remember those f**k ups and judge accordingly.

Let's just see where we are in three to four months before we start judging words and actions.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,549 posts | 3531 
      Reply #228: Mar 12, 2020 09:41:20 pm
      It's a tory government and a Liverpool fans forum, scepticism is the very minimum I'd expect to see here, from the vast majority at least.

They're expected to do what's best for the electorate and they fail on that score again and again, history's littered with them f**king over the working classes and some of us think it's advisable to remember those f**k ups and judge accordingly.

Let's just see where we are in three to four months before we start judging words and actions.

They want to flatten out the peak because after 10 years if austerity we don’t have the capacity or medical staff to cope, debateable even with a prolongation that we have enough ICU beds!

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,056 posts | 5512 
      Reply #229: Mar 12, 2020 09:50:46 pm
      Breaking news......Premier League saying all games going ahead this weekend.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,549 posts | 3531 
      Reply #230: Mar 12, 2020 09:52:54 pm
      Oh come on I’m f*cking sick of stupid statements, no country in the world can cope with a pandemic just with their hospitals, schools, army bases etc will always be brought into play in drastic circumstances. Hospitals in every country can only cope with a certain percentage of people! Once your talking in the millions of people your in trouble.

You denying the facts?

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,602 posts | 654 
      Reply #231: Mar 12, 2020 09:56:54 pm

Coronavirus: Italy says 1,000 have died but lockdown can work

😳😳😳

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51852320

Italy was the first country to ban all flights to & from China yet they are the first EU country to be affected the most...bizarre

Germany and other European countries didn't ban flights from China, hence a lot transited through those countries on their way to Italy.

Though, according to Italian research paper, the sequencing they've done they have traced that the virus has been circulating in Italy since mid Jan.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 37,335 posts | 5559 
      Reply #232: Mar 12, 2020 10:13:33 pm
      Bit less bollock swinging and some more sensible discussion would be appreciated.

Interesting the suggestion that the Govt think there is actually 10000 cases. Gives a more realistic death rate across the entire population.
      LFCexiled
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,523 posts | 1796 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #233: Mar 12, 2020 10:45:47 pm

Pot, kettle, black.

It's a view based on past and proven acts.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,015 posts | 4339 
      Reply #234: Mar 12, 2020 10:54:04 pm
      I think after this, they're going to end up suspending it.
      Yep. I think unfortunately you are right. This is a nightmare.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,904 posts | 4828 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #235: Mar 12, 2020 10:54:57 pm
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,131 posts | 2724 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #236: Mar 13, 2020 06:38:34 am
      In Malta, we have 9 cases confirmed, no death till now.

Our labour government closed our schools/etc, visitors from elderly houses and prisoners. I'm a teacher and we will enter back to school on Monday 23rd March.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,510 posts | 969 
      Reply #237: Mar 13, 2020 11:08:28 am
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #238: Mar 13, 2020 12:49:27 pm

What an absolute plank this bloke is, I assume this is some kind of piss take but when there are people dying every day then this really isn't so funny. If its just some complete fuckwit being serious then its slightly amusing.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 763 
      Reply #239: Mar 13, 2020 02:14:42 pm
      Oh well Boston had our"no bad snow storm so we'll panic buy for the virus" moment,https://www.universalhub.com/2020/no-toilet-paper-bleach-or-rice-left-frustrated.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 37,335 posts | 5559 
      Reply #240: Mar 13, 2020 04:17:08 pm
      The care home where my mum is are not taking visitors until further notice.

I'm both sorry for you and glad to hear that they are being so cautious. Hope its still easy to communicate with her. Seems a bit early in this epidemic but I don't know your local situation.
      Kopite78
      Reply #241: Mar 13, 2020 04:25:31 pm
      I'm both sorry for you and glad to hear that they are being so cautious. Hope its still easy to communicate with her. Seems a bit early in this epidemic but I don't know your local situation.

JD. You seem very switched on and sensible regarding this situation ( you seem to have worked in a related industry)

What's your gut feel over all this and how it will play out? - obviously your opinion as you arent privy to all the facts
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,367 posts | 1903 
      Reply #242: Mar 13, 2020 04:26:40 pm
      What an absolute plank this bloke is, I assume this is some kind of piss take but when there are people dying every day then this really isn't so funny. If its just some complete fuckwit being serious then its slightly amusing.

I cant work out how you dont know this is a piss take!! Consistently jokes flying over your head.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 763 
      Reply #243: Mar 13, 2020 04:32:25 pm
      I cant work out how you dont know this is a piss take!! Consistently jokes flying over your head.

Yeah mildly amusing and good for a few hits on social media,like those sing a song wash ya hands thing and now gloria gaynor milking i will survive..again,might as well make a bit of cash.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #244: Mar 13, 2020 05:28:25 pm

Reread my post and apologise. I said I Assume it's a piss take. The guy is a f**king idiot then people scared and dying is no laughing matter.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,666 posts | 4014 
      Reply #245: Mar 13, 2020 05:52:57 pm
      Reread my post and apologise. I said I Assume it's a piss take. The guy is a f**king idiot then people scared and dying is no laughing matter.

People dying & being scared is no laughing matter, I agree with you on that..

Shame you can’t afford the same sympathy towards those who will Be scared & die on the streets, hospitals, homes etc etc .. thanks to Tory austerity..

Amazing how all of a sudden the magic money appears..
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,056 posts | 5512 
      Reply #246: Mar 13, 2020 06:00:54 pm
      The care home where my mum is are not taking visitors until further notice.

Current info is to self isolate for 7 days then if symptoms persist phone nhs 111 number. No doubt with it being a care home they'll be continually monitoring the residents.

*Support staff for Coronavirus helpline supporting the NHS 111 line here!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 763 
      Reply #247: Mar 13, 2020 06:45:31 pm

F***ing hell,ever heard of gallows humor,laughing in the face of adversity,it's one of the things we do best. 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,056 posts | 5512 
      Reply #248: Mar 13, 2020 06:50:22 pm
      I don’t understand why you mention self isolation? Or indeed 111? There is nothing I can do it’s the care home’s decision.

I'll give you a clue, that's what the govt are asking people to do!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,056 posts | 5512 
      Reply #249: Mar 13, 2020 07:00:00 pm
      I don’t have any symptoms! Numpty  ;D

Not yet!! ;)

Quick Reply