Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v West Ham?

Alisson
      6 (6.4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      53 (56.4%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (5.3%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      14 (14.9%)
      Naby KeĂŻta
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      5 (5.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.1%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      10 (10.6%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Voting closed: Feb 28, 2020 09:53:26 pm

Liverpool 3-2 West Ham United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 21153 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Liverpool 3-2 West Ham United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Feb 24, 2020 10:24:53 pm
      110 points from the last 114.

P38 W36 D2 L0

Surely nothing in European football has ever come close to this.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #369: Feb 24, 2020 10:25:05 pm
      It goes to show that there are no guaranteed wins in this league we have to be at our best. I thought we were ok but w.Ham played a  lot better than expected. Trent is just a freak he is like a buy one get one free player two players in one. I gave my Vote to our wonderful goalkeeper who once again at the most vital time made the save. Oh boy did we miss Hendo tonight he would have been going nuts in the first half.
      I never thought we would lose once we upped the pace and ffs can someone tell me when we are supposed to celebrate a goal these days.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #370: Feb 24, 2020 10:26:38 pm
      If the club doesn't have Liverpool Relentless merchandise in the pipeline, they're missing a trick.

Not a performance I expected from West Ham, been one of the worst teams in the league. This time of year though, is when these sh*te teams decide to turn up and play. Now I'm not going to say we missed Henderson but I think it was clear what we miss when he's not in the team.

Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #371: Feb 24, 2020 10:27:29 pm
      That was good in terms of getting any rustiness out of the system. Nowt wrong with a hard fought second half is there. Good for the moral...and the moral and mentality of this team to come out on top is truely amazing.
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #372: Feb 24, 2020 10:30:00 pm
      If the club doesn't have Liverpool Relentless merchandise in the pipeline, they're missing a trick.

Not a performance I expected from West Ham, been one of the worst teams in the league. This time of year though, is when these sh*te teams decide to turn up and play. Now I'm not going to say we missed Henderson but I think it was clear what we miss when he's not in the team.

Yeah..I said West Ham aren't a battling team this season but they did well tonight. Our poor first half gave them belief but they almost deserved a point.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #373: Feb 24, 2020 10:34:56 pm
      Not long now tick tock 30 years watching the Manc rise and rise but just a few more weeks of hard fought wins will do us I will take 4 x1-0 wins no problem. I think we are a bit tense all that history and heart ache about to be swept aside when at the time of us crossing that line we will be English, European and World Champions just get your head around that.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #374: Feb 24, 2020 10:50:49 pm
      110 points from the last 114.

P38 W36 D2 L0

Surely nothing in European football has ever come close to this.

you here about school boy teams dominating like this when they have someone like Owen or Rush in their side but not in the hardest league in the world.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #375: Feb 24, 2020 11:01:03 pm
      I singled out TAA after the 1st half, so only fair that I credit him in the 2nd after he played a much improved game. The whole team upped the tempo, and TAA supported the forward attack with quick and dangerous balls. Epitomised by that enormous match winning assist. Fair play lad.

Massively relieved to win that. Really began to feel like this was going to be the end to our invincibility!!
      Ddecker
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts | 49 
      Reply #376: Feb 24, 2020 11:01:29 pm
      I think when West Ham went 2-1 up, Liverpool just changed gear because West Ham made them angry
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #377: Feb 24, 2020 11:02:21 pm
      when all things are considered you end up with a unquestionable fact this team is just F***ing awesome
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #378: Feb 24, 2020 11:03:21 pm
      I think when West Ham went 2-1 up, Liverpool just changed gear because West Ham made them angry

Klopp certainly wasted no time in changing things.

Sometimes I think as a team we are guilty of trying to leather the ball in the net or be to precise for a top corner and that's why games like today up until the 2nd goal we were having shots blaze over more often than not. Sometimes just need to concentrate more on hitting the target than going at it with power and precision because as we saw with Gini at Sheffield United and now Salah today, if you hit the target, no matter how powerful then anything can happen. All it takes is the slightest lapse in concentration from the keeper and it can completely change the game in your favour.
      « Last Edit: Feb 24, 2020 11:14:53 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #379: Feb 24, 2020 11:16:21 pm
      when all things are considered you end up with a unquestionable fact this team is just f**king awesome

I was trying to come up with something for an after game comment but yep ya nailed it.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #380: Feb 24, 2020 11:18:03 pm
      I singled out TAA after the 1st half, so only fair that I credit him in the 2nd after he played a much improved game. The whole team upped the tempo, and TAA supported the forward attack with quick and dangerous balls. Epitomised by that enormous match winning assist. Fair play lad

He set up the first and crossed the corner in that VVD headed on to the bar in the first half too!!!!!
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #381: Feb 24, 2020 11:18:25 pm
      Nervy match. Was a little nervous and anxious at half. But I had no doubt we would take 3 points. Even after it was 2-1 I had no doubt. Its just the season were having. Call it luck, fate or inevitability.  This club is on a mission to return to the summit of English Football and this is just the start to a new era of Liverpool FC. 12 more points and the party begins. TAA with my MOTM. His hustle and ability to make plays and make things happen from nothing is why he is one of the best in the world.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #382: Feb 24, 2020 11:33:16 pm
      I think we upped the tempo from the start of the second half, but didn’t really start pulling them around until Ox came on.
      Couldn’t pick anyone for motm first half, could have give it to anyone second half. Trent was great, Gini was great, Allison, well what a save to kept us on track. But gave it to Ox because of the difference he made when he came on. His running into channels opened up spaces for others, and he done alright on he ball to.
      Have to say, I thought we were on for a draw and was pretty pissed. Should have more trust in the lads I suppose 😊
      Terrific well deserved win in the end.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #383: Feb 24, 2020 11:47:12 pm
      A lot of posts  say we missed Hendo, 100% agree, just makes me think though back to 2014 v Man City when he was shown red. In my opinion, it wasn’t the slip, it was losing Hendo for three games.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #384: Feb 24, 2020 11:48:35 pm
      And a big shout out to the post who stayed after going down 2-1, “we will win this 3-2”
      Plus 10 likes for you sir!!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #385: Feb 24, 2020 11:57:26 pm
      A lot of posts  say we missed Hendo, 100% agree, just makes me think though back to 2014 v Man City when he was shown red. In my opinion, it wasn’t the slip, it was losing Hendo for three games.

Can see where we did miss him but I don't think it made that much of a difference in the grand scheme of things because the performance wasn't too dissimilar to that against Norwich and Atletico when he was playing.

Thing I have noticed though, could be wrong, but since Fab has come back into the team, we haven't looked as solid defensively. Dare I say we were better with Hendo in that role?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V West Ham
      Reply #386: Feb 25, 2020 12:16:49 am

You are good.
      bekloppt
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #387: Feb 25, 2020 12:37:12 am
      when all things are considered you end up with a unquestionable fact this team is just f**king awesome

Very well said!

What a game! Took the lead, fell behind, but never gave up and in the end kept all three points at Anfield!
      It just goes to show, how difficult this league really is! Nothing is for granted!
      What this team has accomplished, should normally not be possible!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #388: Feb 25, 2020 01:02:06 am
      But gave it to Ox because of the difference he made when he came on.

I honestly think it was more to do with the fact that the players and crowd woke up with West Ham's second goal.  Ox coming on straight away was as much to do with fortunate timing as to do with his good display.

Think we would have won that game anyway with or without him.  Gave my MOTM to Trent who I actually thought was good across the full game.  Should have had a few assist in that first half as well as the second.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #389: Feb 25, 2020 01:07:04 am
      Salah's goal a total gift but the game had turned by that point and we were creating chance after chance, so I think it is a deserved, come-from-behind win.  Saying that, if Bowen scores at the end I don't think we could have too many complaints with a draw. We still dominate possession but we do give away some chances.

I would love to hear Klopp's reasoning for adding a third center back as the late sub when protecting the lead, I imagine part of the idea of putting Matip or Lovren on is to improve our ability to win balls in the air if they are lumping them in but I wonder if he ever considers replacing a forward with a midfielder to pressure attempted service more. Just a curiosity because if there's anybody's judgment I trust it's JĂźrgen Klopp's.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #390: Feb 25, 2020 01:26:52 am
      "Second-ball game was not good. Losing the first ball is possible because Antonio, Haller, whoever is there is just too good and you cannot win all the balls. But then the second ball, we have to pick up better. The formation was not good, we showed the boys at half-time, it just makes no sense there." - JĂźrgen after the match tonight.

I think this speaks mainly to the midfield and especially Keita (his work off the ball) and it's definitely an area of the game where Jordan Henderson excels.

« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2020 01:36:31 am by Robby The Z »

Quick Reply