Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v West Ham?

Alisson
      6 (6.4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      53 (56.4%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (5.3%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      14 (14.9%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      5 (5.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.1%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      10 (10.6%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Voting closed: Feb 28, 2020 09:53:26 pm

Liverpool 3-2 West Ham United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 21140 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Liverpool 3-2 West Ham United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: Feb 25, 2020 08:39:32 pm
      Had the nightmare scenario of the Moyesiah getting his first ever win at Anfield.

Until he Moysey'd the F**k out of it.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #415: Feb 25, 2020 09:40:27 pm
      Had the nightmare scenario of the Moyesiah getting his first ever win at Anfield.

Thankfully we got our sh*t together in 2nd half and pulled out the win.

Very under par performance, hopefullly the run of games we've got will get us back in the groove after the winter break.

They played well..when they had the ball as the Gaffa said. They are deffo not safe..it's Villa,B'Mouth then Brighton..I'd keep them 3 up before West Ham.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #416: Feb 25, 2020 11:15:03 pm
      They played well..when they had the ball as the Gaffa said. They are deffo not safe..it's Villa,B'Mouth then Brighton..I'd keep them 3 up before West Ham.

Id Rather Villa went down before the hammers. They are stealing a living in the Prem. With signing players like Mings and attesting him to be the next great England defender. FFS Have you ever seen a more over rated player. The mistakes the lad makes is the only consistency in his game. But when your Dad coaches Chelsea youth, and Villa's defensive coach is john Terry, it all adds up eh ! Put him in a side in Div 2 and he'd flounder. They deserve to be relegated for cheating higher quality players out of a game in favour of... well, talentless favourtism.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #417: Feb 26, 2020 09:40:05 am

West Ham is a much better side than Villa, Bournemouth and Brighton, I think they'll be safe. I think the game against us will have given them a lot of confidence, as off form as we were on the night they were actually pretty decent, with some solid defending and good attacks.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #418: Feb 26, 2020 11:18:19 am
      West Ham is a much better side than Villa, Bournemouth and Brighton, I think they'll be safe. I think the game against us will have given them a lot of confidence, as off form as we were on the night they were actually pretty decent, with some solid defending and good attacks.

Could well be right. I wasn't really matching them team for team...just my petty dislike of London clubs.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #419: Feb 26, 2020 11:25:10 am
      West Ham is a much better side than Villa, Bournemouth and Brighton, I think they'll be safe.

Agree.  Can't really understand how they've got themselves down there, but I suspect it is down to a lack of firepower. 

I do think the board there have no realistic idea for the future - they are badly run.  Considering they've got the deal of the century on their stadium, and a decent sized support, in the right hands they should be a top ten team in this country IMO.

Id Rather Villa went down before the hammers. They are stealing a living in the Prem.

Agree.  Lost any lingering interest in them when my fantasy league star John McGinn got injured.  I'm a big fan of the other 19 teams in the Premier League having no European Cups so that's another reason I want them back in the Championship!
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #420: Feb 26, 2020 01:41:06 pm
      Dominated. But wont be happy, we gave them so many corners. West ham played well in patches.

Liverpool       West Ham United
      69.7   Possession %   30.3
      7   Shots on target   4
      25   Shots   7
      855   Touches   489
      620   Passes   262
      24   Tackles   19
      19   Clearances   43
      16   Corners   8
      2   Offsides   2
      0   Yellow cards   3
      4   Fouls conceded   10

I'm happy "The Chosen One" tried so hard but still couldn't beat us. :lmao:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #421: Feb 26, 2020 02:29:06 pm
      Agree.  Can't really understand how they've got themselves down there, but I suspect it is down to a lack of firepower. 

I do think the board there have no realistic idea for the future - they are badly run.  Considering they've got the deal of the century on their stadium, and a decent sized support, in the right hands they should be a top ten team in this country IMO.

Agree.  Lost any lingering interest in them when my fantasy league star John McGinn got injured.  I'm a big fan of the other 19 teams in the Premier League having no European Cups so that's another reason I want them back in the Championship!

Manure have European cups, they even have a few CL's, as do Chelsea, so do you mean the other 17? ;-)
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #422: Feb 26, 2020 03:58:11 pm
      I'm happy "The Chosen One" tried so hard but still couldn't beat us. :lmao:

;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #423: Feb 26, 2020 11:02:05 pm
      Manure have European cups, they even have a few CL's, as do Chelsea, so do you mean the other 17? ;-)

I meant I'm in favour of the eventual situation of them all being relegated.  Happy to start just with Villa being dropped this season and then pray for better fortune next season.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #424: Feb 29, 2020 01:39:47 am
      One word

Phew!!!!!!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #425: Feb 29, 2020 08:58:33 am
      Quote from HUYTON RED

Very under par performance.

We did have 25 shots. We thought beforehand that it would be a routine win, somewhat similar to the away game, so we had to put a shift in to get the result. Every title race usually has a game like this. In 1989 it was Nottingham Forest, in 1990 it was Southampton, in 2009 it was Fulham, in 2014 it was Sunderland, in 2019 it was Burnley, but we just about get the job done.

West Ham have won once here in nigh on 60 years, but despite that record, it's still more wins than Moyes has managed. It doesn't matter who or what he sends out to face us here, contain us, have a go, park the bus, all he leaves here with is a frown.

With 95 points taken at home from the last 99 available since we last beat West Ham at home, it's been 21 straight home wins since we last beat Bournemouth at home. To beat that record, our next home game is against Bournemouth. A win there will also equal our longest unbeaten run since the start of the current season, set in 1988. Back then, it was a major league milestone, now it's another step on the road to the top of the mountain.
      Philc1207
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 189 posts | 21 
      Reply #426: Feb 29, 2020 06:54:30 pm
      Been awful to nite Watford deservedly 2 up

Quick Reply