Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match: Watford v Liverpool (Saturday 29.02.20 5:30 PM K.O)

Read 4732 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre Match: Watford v Liverpool (Saturday 29.02.20 5:30 PM K.O)
      Feb 26, 2020 08:16:39 pm
      Chance to take another step toward the big prize with a game against a team battling relegation. This time we are on the road and we have been duly reminded on Monday not to take anything for granted, even though we are 55 points ahead of these. I've given up on the fan base staying focused after the song they chose following the opening goal, but I trust Klopp and the playing staff to remain fully aware that all the teams we face can still pose a threat.

I expect just the one change for this one as Ox replaces Naby Keita. We'll play again a few days later in the FA Cup at Chelsea and that is when I expect Jürgen to make a lot of changes, maybe even 11.

Back to Saturday, the most notable record we can break is the one we just tied with Man City, for 18 successive league victories. Let's make it all our own with a 19th.

Of course three more points at Watford will keep us on track for an undefeated season, the earliest clinching of the title, the largest margin of a title victory and ultimately, the most points in a season (100 by Man City in 2017-18), but as Jürgen would say, we can only win one game on Saturday, so let's focus on that one.

NB: Team no longer available
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Pre Match: Watford v Liverpool (Saturday 29.02.20 5:30 PM K.O)
      Reply #1: Feb 26, 2020 08:55:36 pm
      Time to start finding our groove again, someone is due a hiding at some point.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2: Feb 26, 2020 10:41:20 pm
      Tricky.
      Was at Anfield in December and Watford  did their bit.

3 Points Gentlemen.

Is it my imagination but are these next four games feel like its  getting harder ?

Woy coming along soon ......  oh joy of joys !
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #3: Feb 27, 2020 07:19:29 am
      Just bring the 3 points back to Anfield,it does not matter if we beat Watford 1-0 or 10 nil as long as we win.
       I agree with Heimdall some one is due a hiding,it might as well be Watford.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #4: Feb 27, 2020 07:58:04 am
      Fighting for their lives to stay up, they will give us a fight, no doubt in my mind. No easy game in this league.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #5: Feb 27, 2020 08:43:25 am
      Watford did well at Anfield towards the end of last year, but it's looking likely that it was just the obligatory "new manager bounce" which teams seem to get, as I'm pretty sure Pearson had only been recently hired at the time we played them.

Can be tricky these sorts of games when you're at the business end of the season and up against a team that's fighting for their life against relegation. Hopefully get a few goals but I'd take a win by any means
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #6: Feb 27, 2020 09:09:17 am
      nice easy victory please. clean sheet & a mo hat trick, would; also help my FF team. ;D

seen today we draw all of our remaining games ans still win the league, ;D
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #7: Feb 27, 2020 09:25:51 am
      Chance to take another step toward the big prize with a game against a team battling relegation. This time we are on the road and we have been duly reminded on Monday not to take anything for granted, even though we are 55 points ahead of these. I've given up on the fan base staying focused after the song they chose following the opening goal, but I trust Klopp and the playing staff to remain fully aware that all the teams we face can still pose a threat.

I expect just the one change for this one as Ox replaces Naby Keita. We'll play again a few days later in the FA Cup at Chelsea and that is when I expect Jürgen to make a lot of changes, maybe even 11.

Back to Saturday, the most notable record we can break is the one we just tied with Man City, for 18 successive league victories. Let's make it all our own with a 19th.

Of course three more points at Watford will keep us on track for an undefeated season, the earliest clinching of the title, the largest margin of a title victory and ultimately, the most points in a season (100 by Man City in 2017-18), but as Jürgen would say, we can only win one game on Saturday, so let's focus on that one.

Agree with what Robby says; plus think this will be a tougher game than most envisage.  They made life very difficult for us at Anfield and expect the same, particularly given we've been poor in the 3 matches since the break.

Narrow, tense victory again for my money, to put us 25 points clear!

For the record, (not sure if it's been mentioned here or elsewhere!) we then then play Bournemouth the following Saturday before City play in the league again, and that's Utd away.  So we could be 28 points clear of city with them having 11 games (max. 33 points) remaining!  If Utd can do the double over them, we'd be travelling across Stanley Park on Monday 16th March looking for a win to give us the Holy Grail and end "30 years of hurt".

But let's just keep the winning run going one game at a time first  ;D

COYR!!!!

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #8: Feb 27, 2020 09:26:11 am
      hard game against us at Anfield same as Mondays game for me don't care how or why or what score just win tick  it off and on to the next one
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #9: Feb 27, 2020 11:03:31 am
      They'll not be pushovers but we should win this.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #10: Feb 27, 2020 11:18:04 am
      Got a bit about them Watford but the table doesn't lie. 

Firmino will probably a score a more difficult chance than all the ones he had at Anfield against West Ham.  Ox to get the nod over Keita.

Expecting less than 10 points to be required on Monday night.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #11: Feb 27, 2020 12:40:58 pm
      When we last played them, they had just got Pearson appointed and had the start of a bounce, they then won a couple of games to lift them out of the relegation zone, but that bounce has mostly fizzled out now and they are returning to early season form and the relaegation zone.

I really want to see a strong performance here to start building some proper momentum into the Atletico game, I don't want another nervy skittish performance.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #12: Feb 27, 2020 02:19:51 pm
      Can see Keita getting the nod for this one, as Klopp wants him to find his rhythm.

Whoever starts, just bag the 3 points.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #13: Feb 27, 2020 03:07:27 pm
      Can see Keita getting the nod for this one, as Klopp wants him to find his rhythm.

Whoever starts, just bag the 3 points.

That would be the argument for Naby, let him have four or five games in a row so doing more of his duties will become 2nd nature like it is for the others. I still think he will go with Ox though.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #14: Feb 27, 2020 03:12:13 pm
      I think he'll go for Ox, too; Keita can have a run of games after the league is won.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #15: Feb 27, 2020 03:21:15 pm
      This begins a busy run of 5 games in 16 days which include some big ones in the FA Cup and Champions League so I would think a little bit of rotation will be needed over the next couple weeks. I guess with Chelsea mid-week given our situation he could afford to rest a few first time players for mid-week (which is what I like to see) but given what Klopp has done in the past I would expect squad/youth team mix in the Chelsea game.

As for this match I don't know what to expect seems like since the new manager bounce has died down Watford has blown hot and cold. Even looking at us we thought West Ham at home would of been a cake walk but we battle to get the three points. It would be nice for this game to at least not give up a goal on the first shot on target.

----------------Alisson---------------
      TAA-----Gomez-----VvD------Robbo
      ------Ox------Fabinho----Gini-------
      ---Salah------Firmino--------Mane--

Subs: Adrian, Matip, Lovren, Milner, Ketia, Minamino, Origi
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #16: Feb 27, 2020 07:23:28 pm

Another hard match, obviously we have more than enough to beat them.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #17: Feb 27, 2020 08:16:52 pm
      They are in the mix,not a basket case just yet so they will fight. We have to match them on that front and our superior skill should see us through. Sometimes these teams don't target games against the top teams. Moyes said somthing similar after the west Ham game.

Could mean they play with a nobody expects us to get anything attitude. Could well help them. Could be a tough game, but we take the second half against West Ham  into the game, onwards and one step closer to the holy grail..
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #18: Feb 27, 2020 08:25:10 pm
      They are in the mix,not a basket case just yet so they will fight. We have to match them on that front and our superior skill should see us through. Sometimes these teams don't target games against the top teams. Moyes said somthing similar after the west Ham game.

Could mean they play with a nobody expects us to get anything attitude. Could well help them. Could be a tough game, but we take the second half against West Ham  into the game, onwards and one step closer to the holy grail..

Could be they look at this match and the next 1/2 dozen or so they have after and say, it's not worth killing ourselves here..save it for CP, Norwich, Soton, Bunley, Toons and West Ham. 
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #19: Feb 27, 2020 09:33:16 pm
      Any sort of win against struggling Watford, will put us 3 points nearer winning the title !
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #20: Feb 27, 2020 10:03:01 pm
      Any sort of win against struggling Watford, will put us 3 points nearer winning the title !

This all day long don't care how don't care when don't care if we bore the opposition to death just win the League
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #21: Feb 28, 2020 09:07:22 am
      This all day long don't care how don't care when don't care if we bore the opposition to death just win the League
      Yep, any which way we can!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #22: Feb 28, 2020 09:09:16 am

Thanks Captain Obvious! ;-)

Quick Reply