Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre Match: Watford v Liverpool (Saturday 29.02.20 5:30 PM K.O)

Read 4736 times
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Re: Pre Match: Watford v Liverpool (Saturday 29.02.20 5:30 PM K.O)
      Reply #23: Feb 28, 2020 01:22:47 pm
      No doubt this will be a tough game, but i can see us winning 0-2

YNWA
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,971 posts | 1356 
      Reply #24: Feb 28, 2020 01:47:44 pm
      No doubt this will be a tough game, but i can see us winning 0-2

YNWA

Indeed and after most predicted a rout against West Ham.Think many will be a bit more circumspect.....0-5...me thinks..
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #25: Feb 28, 2020 02:36:50 pm
      Entering the stage of the season now where any game against the bottom six, especially away from home, will be a tough one.

That being said though, I think Monday night would have been a kick up the arse for us and I expect us to push on and get back to the level we were at before the winter break.

Ox for Keita would be the only change for me.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #26: Feb 28, 2020 04:28:42 pm
      I've got us winning this one 3-0. Ox on for Keita if I had to bet.
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #27: Feb 28, 2020 04:33:55 pm
      Any sort of win against struggling Watford, will put us 3 points nearer winning the title !

12 more points. It's in our hands.
      Could city possibly lose 12 points between now and the end of the season?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #28: Feb 28, 2020 05:49:03 pm
      Lunchtime pub?gobshites from last game ticked me off,and i've been sniffing and sneezing all week so even more cranky than usual!I guess we'll go with a  morning fitness test. 
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #29: Feb 28, 2020 08:07:24 pm
      Klopp gave Naby a chance at Anfield which he didnt really grab, I dont think he will trust him away from home at this point. Ox deserves to play for mine.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #30: Feb 28, 2020 10:19:44 pm
      Norwich beating Leicester 1-0 tonight should be the perfect reminder to our players that this game can't be taken for granted.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,634 posts | 1559 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #31: Feb 28, 2020 10:23:07 pm
      Not taking anything for granted, but surely, we have it within ourselves to beat these, like others have said, Ox in for Naby would be my only change, rest of the team picks themselves, I thought we really missed Hendo on Monday night, we missed his energy and organisation, so hopefully we'll be more 'together' tomorrow, also makes me realise how much we miss Jordan when he's not playing.
      Be nice to see a good solid few goals and another 3 points sealed towards the holy grail.
      Come on you mighty reds !!
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #32: Feb 28, 2020 11:21:35 pm
      Norwich beating Leicester 1-0 tonight should be the perfect reminder to our players that this game can't be taken for granted.

Granted JD, but we’re so far ahead of the others that it should be a reminder that we should not lose.

0-2 red men
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #33: Feb 28, 2020 11:22:31 pm
      Not taking anything for granted, but surely, we have it within ourselves to beat these, like others have said, Ox in for Naby would be my only change, rest of the team picks themselves, I thought we really missed Hendo on Monday night, we missed his energy and organisation, so hopefully we'll be more 'together' tomorrow, also makes me realise how much we miss Jordan when he's not playing.
      Be nice to see a good solid few goals and another 3 points sealed towards the holy grail.
      Come on you mighty reds !!

Agree mate.

Too much again for the opponent and cannot see us having too much trouble
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #34: Feb 29, 2020 01:55:02 am
      Get the W boys!
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #35: Feb 29, 2020 09:09:24 am
      Had a dream we finally got beat last night 😬
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #36: Feb 29, 2020 11:10:36 am
      Watford have been struggling again of late so I fully expect them to make us work for it today and really up their game. Standard.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #37: Feb 29, 2020 11:15:24 am
      Watford have been struggling again of late so I fully expect them to make us work for it today and really up their game. Standard.

They've been struggling all season bar five matches in late December/January. They shouldn't be underestimated, but we should have enough to beat them.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #38: Feb 29, 2020 11:45:17 am
      Had a dream we finally got beat last night 😬

We did, but it was no dream .....Atleti...1-0, and we didn’t play last night 😂

YNWA
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #39: Feb 29, 2020 12:16:01 pm
      Liverpool will continue to be without Jordan Henderson, James Milner and Xherdan Shaqiri for Saturday's teatime kick-off against Watford.

Henderson (hamstring), Milner (muscle) and Shaqiri (calf) were all absent for the 3-2 home win over West Ham United earlier this week – and Jürgen Klopp confirmed none will be ready for the trip to Vicarage Road either.

“[They are] all coming closer, much closer,” said the manager at his pre-match press conference. “Hendo is running, Millie is running and even more. It was not enough for this game now.”

After Henderson sustained his injury in the Champions League clash with Atletico Madrid, the boss opted to replace the captain with Naby Keita in midfield on Monday night.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain was then sent on after the Reds fell 2-1 behind and helped to overturn the scoreline as Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane struck.

But ahead of the meeting with the Hornets, Klopp explained why Keita and Oxlade-Chamberlain are not in direct competition to fill the Henderson void.

“They don’t compete against each other,” he said. “Hopefully they don’t see it like this, it’s not like this, they just offer naturally different things.

“Naby can play better than he played [versus West Ham] obviously, but that was not the reason [for the substitution]: the game was like it was and Oxlade came on completely fresh and with his natural skill, having direction, speed – it’s a different player.

“But that doesn’t really say anything about it, [in a] different situation you need different players and they all are exceptional.”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/388475-watford-v-liverpool-team-news
      Harrisimo

• 7,971 posts | 1356 
      Reply #40: Feb 29, 2020 12:28:07 pm
      We have to start with a much higher tempo. No pace or urgency in our play and it starts to look a bit stale. Teams parking the bus is a problem, but if we take an age to develope a move or pose a threat, then these teams are organised, two banks of 4, a very well organised rearguard action.

Players like Naby and the Ox, and Shaq don't thrive as much when the build up is slow and are very often hooked. Play quicker, faster, be a bit more risky, play the early ball in and it's a different picture. So I'll be looking for us to get that early ball in, give the flair players half a chance...make it happen
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #41: Feb 29, 2020 12:40:51 pm
      Tricky one this as Watford on their day could pose some problems, however Pearson has them fired up and organised our quality will make the difference, it could turn out to  Be a scrappy 1 nil win or a convincing twatting,
      What won’t change is our hunger to continue our domination, we are on the brink of No 19 both in terms of our winning streak and of the holy grail itself, records are there to be broken and later today we will break yet another, I personally don’t like to look too far ahead but with games against Bournemouth, Blueshite, & Palace to follow I think we could set a new record that could stand for decades and possibly never be surpassed.

Alisson

Trent.     Gomez      Virgil.      Robertson

Fabinho

Oxlade.                       Wijnaldom

Salah.             Firmino.           Mane

0-3.  Champions

YNWA
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #42: Feb 29, 2020 12:52:11 pm

We did, but it was no dream .....Atleti...1-0, and we didn’t play last night 😂

YNWA

In the league this was! We were playing Leicester for some reason though (might have something to do with me watching the Leicester game not long before I nodded off) 😂
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #43: Feb 29, 2020 01:09:27 pm
      In the league this was! We were playing Leicester for some reason though (might have something to do with me watching the Leicester game not long before I nodded off) 😂

Sounds like you had a bit of a nightmare mate, 😆, most count sheep, but watching foxes chase canaries, that’s just a bit different, you didn’t by any chance munch on some cheese before beddy byes did you ? 😂

You’ll never sleep walk again.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #44: Feb 29, 2020 01:13:51 pm
      Off out for a birthday lunch.
      Will be back in plenty of time for kick off, the problem will be staying awake.

I don't think this one will be easy, but even on an off day we have plenty enough to beat them.

Still thinking Keita might start.
      He needs the minutes.
      Then again, so does Ox.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #45: Feb 29, 2020 01:21:39 pm
      Off out for a birthday lunch.
      Will be back in plenty of time for kick off, the problem will be staying awake.

I don't think this one will be easy, but even on an off day we have plenty enough to beat them.

Still thinking Keita might start.
      He needs the minutes.
      Then again, so does Ox.

Many happy returns Swab,

Hope you have a great day, get yersel soaked in Vodka & Redbull, you’ll stay awake for sure, you might be f***in rat arsed mate but isn’t that what birthdays are all about, HAPPY BIRTHDAY 😂.

YNWA

Quick Reply