Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Tue 16th Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 2nd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

Post 2020 General Election - Conservatives won

Read 1159 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 15,569 posts | 1586 
      Post 2020 General Election - Conservatives won
      Dec 19, 2019 07:49:27 pm
      Theyve got full reign now. For the next 5 years they will face no consequences for their actions.

Every cruel policy and f**k up will be ignored or twisted to paint a cosy picture in the papers and now the sh*t scared BBC.

I hope in 5 years time people start to see what they are all about, because they've got away with the previous 10 years of abject failure.

The sh*t they pulled with universal credit, the waspi women, Windrush, NHS worst performance figures (the list goes on) to think they have their biggest majority since 1935... funny country we live in.
      « Last Edit: Feb 28, 2020 11:22:34 am by JD »
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,075 posts | 387 
      Re: Post 2020 General Election
      Reply #1: Dec 19, 2019 08:38:27 pm
      Theyve got full reign now. For the next 5 years they will face no consequences for their actions.

Every cruel policy and f**k up will be ignored or twisted to paint a cosy picture in the papers and now the sh*t scared BBC.

I hope in 5 years time people start to see what they are all about, because they've got away with the previous 10 years of abject failure.

The sh*t they pulled with universal credit, the waspi women, Windrush, NHS worst performance figures (the list goes on) to think they have their biggest majority since 1935... funny country we live in.
      The things that may go in the country’s favour is the fact that they don’t want five years but more so they need to fulfill their manifesto plans and they also need to make Brexit a success so as to keep Scotland happy. Let’s see before judging.
      tezmac
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,160 posts | 266 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2: Dec 19, 2019 08:45:17 pm
      I am very lucky I own my own home, have no debts, and have a pension, and will retire soon, god help the youngsters trying to buy the own home who will be working beyond 70, but most of them won't vote so maybe it's a bit of comeuppance for them not thinking about their future, but I still feel sorry for them
      RedPuppy
      • WASH YOUR HANDS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,902 posts | 2224 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #4: Dec 21, 2019 10:59:55 am
      Nah Corbyn is a threat to the UK...🙄

RedPuppy
      • WASH YOUR HANDS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,902 posts | 2224 
      Reply #5: Dec 21, 2019 12:36:45 pm
      tezmac
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,160 posts | 266 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #6: Dec 21, 2019 01:43:25 pm
      Two cu*ts together
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,523 posts | 4349 
      Reply #7: Dec 22, 2019 11:53:11 pm

In what probably is a room full of cu*ts!
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #8: Dec 23, 2019 05:13:22 pm

Johnson has put the skids under BBC. Said he'll take away the criminal offence for non payment of the License fee and saying they might lose the license fee altogether in 2027. Could well end up being a Netflix type subscription broadcaster.

Agree 100% on making it a civil offence not to pay the license fee. Only problem is BBC will suck up to the Tories even more.I mean they've had plenty of practice that's for sure.
      RedPuppy
      • WASH YOUR HANDS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,902 posts | 2224 
      Reply #9: Jan 15, 2020 08:49:40 pm
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,075 posts | 387 
      Reply #11: Jan 16, 2020 08:57:43 am
      « Last Edit: Jan 16, 2020 10:53:48 am by althebest1 »
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,862 posts | 2284 
      Reply #12: Jan 16, 2020 09:53:14 am
      Serious question, who do you guys want as the next leader of the Labour party?

althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,075 posts | 387 
      Reply #13: Jan 16, 2020 10:01:59 am

Looks like Long-Bailey is the best of a weak bunch.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,389 posts | 4326 
      Reply #14: Jan 16, 2020 10:53:57 am
      Looks like Long-Bailey is the best of a weak bunch.

Bailey also known as "checks and balances " Bailey every question she answers she uses this phrase. We have 650 MP's so many of them regardless of Party shouldn't be there they are not fit to do the job. Its time for a change but it aint going to happen in our lifetime Turkeys don't Vote for Christmas
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 953 posts | 562 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #15: Jan 16, 2020 12:25:37 pm

I preferred Clive Lewis as I thought he had the best chance of winning back some of the "heartlands". Now that he's out I'd probably have Long Bailey, Nandy seems alright but I haven't done too much digging on her.

Bit of a donkey derby if I'm honest, nobody there who sets the world alight for me
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,862 posts | 2284 
      Reply #16: Jan 16, 2020 12:41:05 pm
      I preferred Clive Lewis as I thought he had the best chance of winning back some of the "heartlands". Now that he's out I'd probably have Long Bailey, Nandy seems alright but I haven't done too much digging on her.

Bit of a donkey derby if I'm honest, nobody there who sets the world alight for me

I'd agree with this, I think its a pretty poor selection of candidates, no one really stands out. The one I think is probably the best is Nandy but I don't think she has a chance in this race, its between Long-Bailey and Starmer and I think everything is set up for Long-Bailey to win.
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 953 posts | 562 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #17: Jan 16, 2020 01:18:53 pm
      I'd agree with this, I think its a pretty poor selection of candidates, no one really stands out. The one I think is probably the best is Nandy but I don't think she has a chance in this race, its between Long-Bailey and Starmer and I think everything is set up for Long-Bailey to win.

Yeah I couldn't believe they had Starmer as the favourite, I think they might have underestimated the percentage of left-leaning members. I think Long-Bailey has recently just went ahead as the bookies favourite but I think she's got a much better chance than Starmer & will more than likely win

I think electing Starmer would be a disaster. I can't see a London born/based, literal "sir" & uber-remainer managing to win back those northern towns we lost in the last election
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,752 posts | 3303 
      Reply #18: Jan 16, 2020 02:53:30 pm
      Yeah I couldn't believe they had Starmer as the favourite, I think they might have underestimated the percentage of left-leaning members. I think Long-Bailey has recently just went ahead as the bookies favourite but I think she's got a much better chance than Starmer & will more than likely win

I think electing Starmer would be a disaster. I can't see a London born/based, literal "sir" & uber-remainer managing to win back those northern towns we lost in the last election

Disaster indeed and a source of immeasurable joy to the Tories.
      The Labour party stands divided with Brexit being the base culprit. The Tories are as equally split but to gain power they elect a ventriloquist dummy as leader and it proceeds to make sounds acceptable to a majority of the electorate.
      Labour for whatever reason have changed tack after stating they would abide by the referendum result Corbyn then declares a 2nd vote would take place if Labour won the election!?!

The referendum was the Torys' undoing after Cameron promised to resign if the result was 'Leave',
      he stood by his word and was replaced by May who pissed about and achieved nothing only to be replaced by the aforementioned ventriloquist's dummy.
      Lies, deceit and fraud over a 4 year time scale by a party of unmatched deceit finds the Tories in power still juggling the Brexit debacle that the electorate rejected.
         Neither party appears willing to respect the people's voice's with those to the right being ushered into the shadows while the hard left took the headlines from the right wing media.
      That scenario looks to be playing out once more unfortunately.
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,075 posts | 387 
      Reply #19: Jan 16, 2020 03:33:12 pm
      The referendum was the Torys' undoing after Cameron promised to resign if the result was 'Leave',
      From memory he didn’t say he would resign? I could be wrong, he thought it was a foregone conclusion. Quite the reverse, he said he would stay on no matter the outcome, lying toe rag.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,752 posts | 3303 
      Reply #20: Jan 16, 2020 04:47:53 pm
      From memory he didn’t say he would resign? I could be wrong, he thought it was a foregone conclusion. Quite the reverse, he said he would stay on no matter the outcome, lying toe rag.

They were definitely his words and the reason he was binned. Like the rest of his party he was totally convinced the referendum would produce a Remain result,  Theresa May would not accept it and she too was binned.
      Boris the dummy waffles uncontrollably.
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,075 posts | 387 
      Reply #21: Jan 16, 2020 05:02:53 pm
      They were definitely his words and the reason he was binned. Like the rest of his party he was totally convinced the referendum would produce a Remain result,  Theresa May would not accept it and she too was binned.
      Boris the dummy waffles uncontrollably.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jan/10/david-cameron-stay-as-pm-if-i-lose-eu-referendum

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-david-cameron-resign-step-down-boris-johnson-brexit-stay-as-prime-minister-result-poll-a7088811.html

I believe you if you can show a link?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,752 posts | 3303 
      Reply #22: Jan 16, 2020 10:58:14 pm
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,075 posts | 387 
      Reply #23: Jan 17, 2020 08:43:00 am
      Do recall Cameron making the statement but cannot find a link, he was dead political meat anyway after the referendum result.
      You think he kept his word I think he’s a lying toe rag.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,752 posts | 3303 
      Reply #24: Jan 17, 2020 11:57:03 am
      You think he kept his word I think he’s a lying toe rag.

They're all lying bas**rds.

Quick Reply