Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Tue 16th Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 31st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Post 2020 General Election - Conservatives won

Read 1150 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,752 posts | 3303 
      Re: Post 2020 General Election - Conservatives won
      Reply #150: Apr 12, 2020 03:39:37 pm
      "The policies were a gift to the Tories"

As was proven.

"The far left shredded all chances of Corbyn gaining power"

Again subsequent events confirm the assertion.
      If Corbyn was the man with the qualities to lead the country as you claim how was he trounced in the election and forced to stand down for the good of the party?

TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 953 posts | 562 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #151: Apr 12, 2020 04:11:04 pm

Well aware of that. Can't see what it's got to do with what I was arguing though?

The working class were better off under the last Labour government(s) than they were under the previous & subsequent Conservative governments, that's the point I was making
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 953 posts | 562 
      Reply #152: Apr 12, 2020 04:13:54 pm
      As was proven.

Again subsequent events confirm the assertion.
      If Corbyn was the man with the qualities to lead the country as you claim how was he trounced in the election and forced to stand down for the good of the party?

I've just posted one of the reasons he was trounced in the election. Sabotage on a huge scale from the right of the party - not the "far left" as you continue to state
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,075 posts | 387 
      Reply #153: Apr 12, 2020 04:49:51 pm
      Well aware of that. Can't see what it's got to do with what I was arguing though?

The working class were better off under the last Labour government(s) than they were under the previous & subsequent Conservative governments, that's the point I was making
      The only point I was making was some can only see the good that Blair did and tend to sweep away the bad, he made some really good policy decisions but let’s not pretend, he also made some really bad ones.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,752 posts | 3303 
      Reply #154: Apr 12, 2020 05:44:26 pm
      I've just posted one of the reasons he was trounced in the election. Sabotage on a huge scale from the right of the party - not the "far left" as you continue to state

Sabotage like Tory party members in disguise voting for Corbyn's nomination as party leader?
      His perceived affiliation with the hard left was not a vote winner and a liability to the party's progress,
      Opposition claims of hard-left sympathies stuck like sh*t to a blanket in the light of historical political leanings, a growing number of the electorate were becoming aware that the far-right had turned  hard won worker's rights on it's head and actually used them to gain political advantage.

No better example is the heroic Dennis Skinner, like myself a former miner who worked tirelessly for his constituents for decades, donating his MP's salary to helping the local mining community
      during the strike - unbelievably he was deselected last year by the very people he helped.

Some game changing decisions have to be made now the UK's industrial backbone and with it the strength and rights of the worker has been decimated, Corbyn was not the agent of change.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,516 posts | 4346 
      Reply #155: Apr 12, 2020 08:05:27 pm
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,373 posts | 3273 
      Reply #156: Apr 12, 2020 09:05:12 pm
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 953 posts | 562 
      Reply #157: Apr 13, 2020 11:27:40 am
      Sabotage like Tory party members in disguise voting for Corbyn's nomination as party leader?
      His perceived affiliation with the hard left was not a vote winner and a liability to the party's progress,
      Opposition claims of hard-left sympathies stuck like sh*t to a blanket in the light of historical political leanings, a growing number of the electorate were becoming aware that the far-right had turned  hard won worker's rights on it's head and actually used them to gain political advantage.

No better example is the heroic Dennis Skinner, like myself a former miner who worked tirelessly for his constituents for decades, donating his MP's salary to helping the local mining community
      during the strike - unbelievably he was deselected last year by the very people he helped.

Some game changing decisions have to be made now the UK's industrial backbone and with it the strength and rights of the worker has been decimated, Corbyn was not the agent of change.

Sabotage as in literally sabotaging your own party's chances of winning a general election. I suggest you have a good read of the leak & you'll see what I'm saying.

And are you somehow trying to blame Corbyn for Skinner losing his seat? Bolsover was one of the highest leave voting constituencies in the country. The reason Skinner lost was down to his constituents lending their vote to the Tories because they wanted Brexit to be delivered. If Starmer, Owen Smith or anybody else was Labour leader during the last election the exact same thing would have happened

Skinner's politics were very similar to Corbyn's. Corbyn, like Skinner was a key ally to miners and Skinner spoke in glowing terms of Corbyn's leadership & the radical manifestos he put forward.

TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 953 posts | 562 
      Reply #158: Apr 13, 2020 11:35:29 am
      The only point I was making was some can only see the good that Blair did and tend to sweep away the bad, he made some really good policy decisions but let’s not pretend, he also made some really bad ones.

I get what you're saying. Funnily I think the opposite is also true, most people seem to be either Blair cultists or completely despise him & everything he did

His politics don't really align with my own and on a personal level I can imagine he's pretty repulsive, but I grew up under New Labour & had a fairly comfortable childhood considering I was from a single parent / low income household. I don't think kids from similar backgrounds growing up under the austerity governments of the last decade would have had it so easy. That's my main gripe when people claim there's no difference between Tory / New Labour
      « Last Edit: Apr 13, 2020 11:48:04 am by TameImpala »
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,075 posts | 387 
      Reply #159: Apr 13, 2020 12:12:56 pm
      That's my main gripe when people claim there's no difference between Tory / New Labour
      If you were to take Thatcher and Cameron out of the equation then Tory policy wasn’t a million miles away from Blair’s.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,752 posts | 3303 
      Reply #160: Apr 13, 2020 04:15:00 pm
      Sabotage as in literally sabotaging your own party's chances of winning a general election. I suggest you have a good read of the leak & you'll see what I'm saying.

And are you somehow trying to blame Corbyn for Skinner losing his seat? Bolsover was one of the highest leave voting constituencies in the country. The reason Skinner lost was down to his constituents lending their vote to the Tories because they wanted Brexit to be delivered. If Starmer, Owen Smith or anybody else was Labour leader during the last election the exact same thing would have happened

Skinner's politics were very similar to Corbyn's. Corbyn, like Skinner was a key ally to miners and Skinner spoke in glowing terms of Corbyn's leadership & the radical manifestos he put forward.

Once again you misinterpret, intentionally to promote your agenda. Where do I make any reference or apportion any blame for Skinner's deselection other than his own constituents?
      On that point you would argue against democracy prevailing when the vast majority wanted Brexit but the party line had taken a Remain stance.
      Tory black propaganda had turned their heads and Corbyn's apparent u-turn to the Remain camp was used by the Tory media to gain advantage, whether it did or not is a matter of conjecture but I would never agree with the assertion.

The democratic process you also condemn apparently for installing the new party leader by a majority vote, a majority who believe he can change things for the better.
      « Last Edit: Apr 13, 2020 08:30:55 pm by stuey »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,379 posts | 2163 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #161: Apr 13, 2020 07:18:46 pm
      Christ, politics in this country is an absolute mess
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,373 posts | 3273 
      Reply #162: Apr 17, 2020 01:03:30 am
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,516 posts | 4346 
      Reply #163: Apr 17, 2020 10:58:49 am
      RedPuppy
      • WASH YOUR HANDS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,900 posts | 2223 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #164: Apr 17, 2020 12:19:42 pm

Taking back control... yep they have control, and they're going to let them, (E.U. Nationals), work here anyway.... what was the f**king point?
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,075 posts | 387 
      Reply #165: Apr 17, 2020 03:23:59 pm
      Taking back control... yep they have control, and they're going to let them, (E.U. Nationals), work here anyway.... what was the f**king point?
      Brexit was never about not letting people from the EU or anywhere work here.
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,219 posts | 2084 
      Reply #166: Apr 17, 2020 03:26:09 pm

Yeah yeah

You tell most of the morons who voted for it that.. 😂
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,075 posts | 387 
      Reply #167: Apr 17, 2020 03:50:25 pm
      Yeah yeah

You tell most of the morons who voted for it that.. 😂
      I would have thought even morons would know that
         ;D
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,360 posts | 717 
      Reply #168: Apr 17, 2020 04:01:33 pm

Asked this before,what was it about then? what does the ordinary bloke on the street get out of it that's better?food,housing ?
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,075 posts | 387 
      Reply #169: Apr 17, 2020 04:13:57 pm

Asked this before,what was it about then? what does the ordinary bloke on the street get out of it that's better?food,housing ?
      It was quite clear that not being tied to EU regulations and laws and stopping fee movement of people i.e control of borders, were the two main factors. Whether it improves certain things is up for debate, no one can really know.
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,219 posts | 2084 
      Reply #170: Apr 17, 2020 04:36:00 pm
      It was quite clear that not being tied to EU regulations and laws and stopping fee movement of people i.e control of borders, were the two main factors. Whether it improves certain things is up for debate, no one can really know.

I guarantee most of the morons who voted for it didn't think about if that deeply

You give stupid too much credit
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,315 posts | 2277 
      Reply #171: Apr 17, 2020 04:46:07 pm
      I guarantee most of the morons who voted for it didn't think about if that deeply

Agree 100%
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,075 posts | 387 
      Reply #172: Apr 17, 2020 05:19:50 pm

Everyone has an opinion.
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,219 posts | 2084 
      Reply #173: Apr 17, 2020 05:24:04 pm

Yes but some people are either too thick or prejudice to see through the politicians bluster and lies
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,075 posts | 387 
      Reply #174: Apr 17, 2020 05:31:11 pm
      Yes but some people are either too thick or prejudice to see through the politicians bluster and lies
      Ok.

Quick Reply