Trending Topics

Next match: Leeds v LFC [Premier League] Mon 19th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Elland Road

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P30 W15 D7 L8

Post 2020 General Election - Conservatives won

Read 5484 times
      LFCexiled
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,423 posts | 1730 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Re: Post 2020 General Election - Conservatives won
      Reply #300: Jan 20, 2021 06:14:13 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,314 posts | 5172 
      Reply #301: Jan 20, 2021 08:50:25 pm
      https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1351847709150425088

So why didn't you say anything to Boris, with you being you know the Home f**king Secretary?
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,069 posts | 3843 
      Reply #302: Jan 21, 2021 12:28:34 am

So why didn't you say anything to Boris, with you being you know the Home f**king Secretary?

That biatch is a f**king opportunist... the whole f**king country said close borders back in March..
      RedPuppy
      • WASH YOUR HANDS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,276 posts | 2360 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #303: Jan 21, 2021 08:43:31 am
      That biatch is a f**king opportunist... the whole f**king country said close borders back in March..

Something I did not know but does not shock me in the leastest.

Minister worked as spin doctor for tobacco giant that paid workers £15 a month (2015)

Priti Patel worked for PR firm Shandwick on improving BAT’s image over Burma factory, and also lobbied MEPs against EU tobacco regulations.

The employment minister, Priti Patel, was part of a team of spin doctors paid hundreds of thousands of pounds to help a tobacco giant counter negative publicity, including that surrounding its joint venture with one of the world’s most brutal military regimes.

Documents unearthed by the Observer shine new light on Patel’s work for Shandwick, a lobbying and PR firm that worked for British American Tobacco (BAT) in the early years of this century.

The documents, released by BAT following a legal action, show that Patel was one of seven employees used by Shandwick on the account. One of her jobs was to lobby MEPs against the introduction of the EU tobacco control directive, which was introduced shortly after the new millennium. She was charged with ensuring that a letter from the BAT chairman at the time, Martin Broughton  :f_doh:, outlining his objection to the directive, was faxed to every MEP.

More.... click the HERE

Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,069 posts | 3843 
      Reply #304: Jan 21, 2021 08:51:31 am
      Something I did not know but does not shock me in the leastest.

Minister worked as spin doctor for tobacco giant that paid workers £15 a month (2015)

Priti Patel worked for PR firm Shandwick on improving BAT’s image over Burma factory, and also lobbied MEPs against EU tobacco regulations.

The employment minister, Priti Patel, was part of a team of spin doctors paid hundreds of thousands of pounds to help a tobacco giant counter negative publicity, including that surrounding its joint venture with one of the world’s most brutal military regimes.

Documents unearthed by the Observer shine new light on Patel’s work for Shandwick, a lobbying and PR firm that worked for British American Tobacco (BAT) in the early years of this century.

The documents, released by BAT following a legal action, show that Patel was one of seven employees used by Shandwick on the account. One of her jobs was to lobby MEPs against the introduction of the EU tobacco control directive, which was introduced shortly after the new millennium. She was charged with ensuring that a letter from the BAT chairman at the time, Martin Broughton  :f_doh:, outlining his objection to the directive, was faxed to every MEP.

More.... click the HERE

She was sacked from her old ministerial job for going to Israel & having unauthorised meetings...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41923007

srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 27,575 posts | 2789 
      Reply #305: Jan 21, 2021 09:04:36 am
      Surely this current government is the biggest bunch of incompetent scumbags we've ever had?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,073 posts | 5396 
      Reply #306: Jan 21, 2021 03:01:09 pm
      Malware found on laptops given out by government
      Some of the laptops given out in England to support vulnerable children home-schooling during lockdown contain malware, BBC News has learned.

Teachers shared details on an online forum about suspicious files found on devices sent to a Bradford school.

The malware, which they said appeared to be contacting Russian servers, is believed to have been found on laptops given to a handful of schools.

The Department for Education said it was aware and urgently investigating.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-55749959
      RedPuppy
      • WASH YOUR HANDS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,276 posts | 2360 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #307: Jan 21, 2021 03:38:28 pm
      Malware found on laptops given out by government
      Some of the laptops given out in England to support vulnerable children home-schooling during lockdown contain malware, BBC News has learned.

Teachers shared details on an online forum about suspicious files found on devices sent to a Bradford school.

The malware, which they said appeared to be contacting Russian servers, is believed to have been found on laptops given to a handful of schools.

The Department for Education said it was aware and urgently investigating.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-55749959

Wouldn't be surprised if they were using Windows 3.1, also AOL & Netscape are installed, with a 33K dial up modem.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,314 posts | 5172 
      Reply #308: Feb 06, 2021 12:02:48 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,314 posts | 5172 
      Reply #309: Feb 06, 2021 01:51:44 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,314 posts | 5172 
      Reply #310: Feb 27, 2021 02:23:42 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,314 posts | 5172 
      Reply #311: Mar 24, 2021 03:02:47 pm
      https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/1374669676177985540

Jenny “masks shouldn’t be worn” Harries?

Jenny “there’s no issue with large gatherings” Harries?

Jenny “the risk is small” Harries?

Jenny “typical school of 100 students is safe” Harries?

Jenny “we don’t have to do testing; that’s for poor countries” Harries?

Sounds absolutely perfect for the job!!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 309 posts | 196 
      Reply #312: Mar 26, 2021 02:24:22 pm
      Salmond launching his own party. Alba. Probably to suit his own ego as he can't bear a moment out of the public limelight. Would be fascinating to see how this develops as I suspect the Alba party will be placed somewhat on the centre right. So ideologically, you have pro independence parties firing from all ideological angles which could strengthen their cause further.

But I doubt the SNP and their dogsbodys the Greens are worrying just yet.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 309 posts | 196 
      Reply #313: Mar 26, 2021 03:42:54 pm

Don't think Salmond's as popular as he thinks he is now after that skirmish with Sturgeon. It might harm the Greens though who's sole existence relies on sympathetic second votes from hardcore nationalists. Patrick Harvie = Scrappy Doo of Scottish politics.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 27,575 posts | 2789 
      Reply #314: Mar 26, 2021 06:04:04 pm
      Don't think Salmond's as popular as he thinks he is now after that skirmish with Sturgeon. It might harm the Greens though who's sole existence relies on sympathetic second votes from hardcore nationalists. Patrick Harvie = Scrappy Doo of Scottish politics.

How popular is Sturgeon mate?

I only ask as my father in law is from Fife, don't see him much, but I know he isn't a huge fan.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 309 posts | 196 
      Reply #315: Mar 26, 2021 06:50:12 pm
      How popular is Sturgeon mate?

I only ask as my father in law is from Fife, don't see him much, but I know he isn't a huge fan.

Still very popular I'm sure and by far the most popular of the leaders, partly because she's the only significant leader. The likes of Tory Party leader Douglas Ross and Labour's Anas Sarwar look lightweight (though in fairness to Sarwar he has just started and his politics seem bang on) . She is undoubtedly helped by some dire competition.

I liked Sturgeon a lot more than Salmond when she first came in. Such a palette cleanser from Salmond's arrogance and bullying.

But she's increasingly got on my nerves the last couple of years. Familiarity breeds contempt but partly its a refusal to sack/remove underperforming ministers from her cabinet. A tolerance of mediocrity in a number of key policy areas like health and education (which is increasingly dire). But her inner cabal/cabinet is still very disciplined. Appearing competent is Sturgeon's great trick and she does it better than any politician in the last 10-15 years. All about the presentation.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,314 posts | 5172 
      Reply #317: Mar 27, 2021 10:44:14 am
      https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/1375382504555823105

https://twitter.com/pritipatel/status/1375402135165227008

Unless of course it's protesting against this government or the police then you'll be arrested.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,314 posts | 5172 
      Reply #318: Apr 11, 2021 04:33:01 pm

Quick Reply