Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Rumours are circulating about the F.A. shutting the League down early

Read 6131 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Rumours are circulating about the F.A. shutting the League down early
      Feb 29, 2020 12:38:55 pm
      Seems to be a lot of rumours the F.A. Want to close the league down early due to the corona virus, how will that effect us winning the premiership, will it recommence once the worst is over or will we be awarded the title early, I can just imagine the scheming b***ard in the F.A. Trying to take the title of us your thoughts
      « Last Edit: Feb 29, 2020 04:31:12 pm by JD »
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Re: Rumours are circulating about the F.A. shuting the League down early
      Reply #1: Feb 29, 2020 12:46:13 pm
      Seems to be a lot of rumours the F.A. Want to close the league down early due to the corona virus, how will that effect us winning the premiership, will it recommence once the worst is over or will we be awarded the title early, I can just imagine the scheming b***ard in the F.A. Trying to take the title of us your thoughts

Nah..The FA aren't out to swindle us out of anything. I've suggested if games are cancelled they will probably freeze the league position on 32 games or whatever and team at the top will be title winners and qualification and relegation will as per their league position. Only way to do it to avoid chaos for next season.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #2: Feb 29, 2020 01:20:55 pm
      It’s only a rumour and I can’t imagine the FA sabotaging their competition just to stop a team winning the league. I keep saying it, but unless we get a number of cases similar to Italy I can’t see the PL being postponed.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3: Feb 29, 2020 01:29:19 pm
      Upto 15000 people a year can die in a bad year with Influenza..... FFS people need to stop reading headlines  and encouraging the scum media to write utter crap. Rumours are Lord Lucan is in hiding in Australia riding Shergar on the beach.  Coronavirus may spread more in the UK but at present it isn't a threat to our daily lives and if we are not careful we will give the Government the ideal opportunity to use it to deflect from the other very real sh*t that is going on
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #4: Feb 29, 2020 01:37:22 pm
      Thread to Mods: "Stop me, before I (click)bait again."
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #5: Feb 29, 2020 01:47:06 pm
      Even if the league does get shut down, which I think is extremely unlikely, they will use some computer modelling to anticipate the final results, all these stories are just spread by trolling Everton and Man Utd fans
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #6: Feb 29, 2020 01:53:17 pm
      I can see this happening it's just how will the F.A. Deal with the aftermath
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7: Feb 29, 2020 02:03:40 pm
      I can see this happening it's just how will the F.A. Deal with the aftermath

what would be the risk in playing all games behind closed doors?
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #8: Feb 29, 2020 02:20:31 pm
      what would be the risk in playing all games behind closed doors?

I don't think I would be happy a. As a fan b. If I was a season ticket holder, having payed for the games
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #9: Feb 29, 2020 02:31:22 pm
      I don't think I would be happy a. As a fan b. If I was a season ticket holder, having payed for the games

You'd rather we were robbed of a league title??
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #10: Feb 29, 2020 02:36:58 pm
      They certainly would be reluctant to lose any revenue generated from these matches, tv rights etc.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #11: Feb 29, 2020 02:53:54 pm
      Upto 15000 people a year can die in a bad year with Influenza..... FFS people need to stop reading headlines  and encouraging the scum media to write utter crap. Rumours are Lord Lucan is in hiding in Australia riding Shergar on the beach.  Coronavirus may spread more in the UK but at present it isn't a threat to our daily lives and if we are not careful we will give the Government the ideal opportunity to use it to deflect from the other very real sh*t that is going on
      Exactly right mate,it’s not exactly Ebola or the Black Death is it,as a side note i went into the shops earlier just to buy some hand wash ( use it all the time at home ) and F**k me the shelves had been wiped out.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #12: Feb 29, 2020 02:58:46 pm
      Exactly right mate,it’s not exactly Ebola or the Black Death is it,as a side note i went into the shops earlier just to buy some hand wash ( use it all the time at home ) and f**k me the shelves had been wiped out.

Same thing over here.

I see they were going to play Serie A matches in empty stadiums but now have moved them to May. They know the threat will pass and they want to recoup the revenue .
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #13: Feb 29, 2020 03:33:27 pm
      Same thing over here.

I see they were going to play Serie A matches in empty stadiums but now have moved them to May. They know the threat will pass and they want to recoup the revenue .

Well thats better than stopping tbe leauge if and it is a big if. With the Euros being on and that being the cash cow it is will they do that
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #14: Feb 29, 2020 03:41:33 pm
      Even if the league does get shut down, which I think is extremely unlikely, they will use some computer modelling to anticipate the final results, all these stories are just spread by trolling Everton and Man Utd fans

So were down to computer programs as to who will win the leauge !!!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #15: Feb 29, 2020 03:47:40 pm

Coronavirus worrys the F**k out of me, I had double pneumonia 2 towards the end of last year, don't know how it will effect me or is that being selfish!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16: Feb 29, 2020 03:50:03 pm

So were down to computer programs as to who will win the leauge !!!

possibly but it would take some very very special algorithms for us not to win from our position!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #17: Feb 29, 2020 03:51:17 pm
      Coronavirus worrys the f**k out of me, I had double pneumonia 2 towards the end of last year, don't know how it will effect me or is that being selfish!

That's just being sensible, take care and avoid any chance of infection. Hopefully they come out with a vaccine soon, last I read was about 2 weeks time.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #18: Feb 29, 2020 04:24:22 pm
      I feel like they would play games behind closed doors before shutting the league down but I feel like with the money lost by teams and such it would be big decision to take.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #19: Feb 29, 2020 04:25:28 pm
      Ah for fucks sake........cheers lads

CHOW87
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Re: Rumours are circulating about the F.A. shutting the League down early
      Reply #20: Feb 29, 2020 04:32:03 pm
      Not sure how the PL would deal with it if games started being called off. Can’t extend the season due to Euros (which I reckon have a genuine chance of being scrapped). Easy to say give LFC the title cos they’re miles clear, but surely you can’t give out Champions League spots or relegate teams based on their position with ten games to go. CAS would be kept busy.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #21: Feb 29, 2020 04:36:29 pm
      Ah for fucks sake........cheers lads

Yes, not the greatest news cycle for the marketing department there.

Back  in the early 80s there was  product advertised and sold here in the U.S. It was billed a "Diet candy" - some kind of chocolates that could keep you from being hungry but didn't make you fat(ter).

They had some early success but by the late 80s the product was removed from shelves as the name of the product was..."Ayds." (rhymes with maids).
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: Rumours are circulating about the F.A. shutting the League down early
      Reply #22: Feb 29, 2020 06:26:31 pm
      You wouldn't put it past those dirty Mancs to try and force this by licking anyone who sneezes in an effort to turn it into an epidemic. ;)

Quick Reply