Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Rumours are circulating about the F.A. shutting the League down early

Read 6132 times
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Re: Rumours are circulating about the F.A. shutting the League down early
      Reply #23: Feb 29, 2020 07:44:06 pm
      Maybe they should....looks like half the squad has the F***ing  pox
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #24: Feb 29, 2020 09:03:13 pm
      Shame they didn't shut it down at 5-29 PM today.   :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #25: Mar 01, 2020 03:33:24 am
      Typical tabloid bollocks.

Some people will do and say anything to try and stop us winning the league.

Usa/Iran, climate change, Coronavirus - what next F***ing aliens.......and F***ing watford!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #26: Mar 01, 2020 06:54:53 am
      Heard the other day and it really got me going into conspiracies, that the Zico virus came out 4 years ago, the same year as the Olympics.

Coincidence????? Me thinks not!!!!
      woodsie2b
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts | 11 
      Reply #27: Mar 01, 2020 09:11:01 pm
      I’m not concerned about the league being cancelled, there’s no way that will happen! Play behind closed doors etc

I’m worried about any title parade being cancelled! With the numbers involved and where they travel from I think it’s guaranteed

Fingers crossed I’m wrong
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #28: Mar 01, 2020 09:56:53 pm
      Stop reading bollox headlines its quite simple the media these days just try to cause fear and concern. 35 people showing the Virus in the UK and this week a similar amount will have been killed in car accidents not just injured Killed and they will not get a mention and Cars will not be banned. Sick and tired of this tabloid media close the F***ing lot of them down
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #29: Mar 02, 2020 02:18:31 am
      it's all scaremongering and it's working on idiots too, too easily
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #30: Mar 02, 2020 06:40:00 pm
      Rumors? Rumors come from actual sources. You got any or are you just jumping on the hysteria bandwagon?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #31: Mar 02, 2020 06:49:34 pm
      Klopp: Liverpool fans aren't 'paranoid' over 'silly' reports coronavirus could impact title charge

The coronavirus has wreaked havoc with the global sporting schedule but the German does not foresee it ending his side's title bid

Jürgen Klopp dismissed any notion Liverpool fans are "paranoid" about "silly" suggestions the Reds' Premier League title bid could be derailed by the coronavirus.

The Reds' hopes of going unbeaten throughout the Premier League season were curtailed in a shock 3-0 loss at struggling Watford on Saturday but they still hold a 22-point lead over Manchester City.

While there is limited threat from their rivals, reports over the weekend said the Premier League could be impacted by the rapid spread of coronavirus and Liverpool would not necessarily be crowned champions if the season were ended prematurely as no rules exist in such a scenario.

However, Klopp says Liverpool fans – who have not seen their team win the top flight since 1990 – have no legitimate fears.

"I don't think our fans are paranoid," Klopp said when quizzed about the coronavirus threat ahead of Liverpool's FA Cup fifth-round tie against Chelsea.

"I can't believe Liverpool fans are thinking about it and I actually speak to Liverpool fans.

"If anybody wants to ask me about that and how much sense it would make to delete all the results of this season and tell me who will play next year in the Champions League and stuff like this, it would be really interesting.

"Nice story, obviously some newspapers have always to write something but when I saw it the first time I really thought, 'Wow, really somebody thinks something like that?'

"Liverpool fans are really not silly enough to believe in these things."

Liverpool have endured a slight blip by their own phenomenal standards this season, with defeats to Atletico Madrid and Watford sandwiched by a comeback win against West Ham.

On Tuesday, Klopp's side travel to Stamford Bridge for the next round of the FA Cup and the German insists the match is not necessarily a release from the pressures of the Premier League and Champions League.

"We never really think about lesser pressure, we are Liverpool, we are always under pressure," he added.

"We play away at Chelsea and everyone expects us to win there, which is difficult, was always difficult, will always be difficult.

"There's for sure no favourite in this game and if [there is] then it's Chelsea because they play at home."

In the previous round, Liverpool needed a replay to get past Shrewsbury Town in a match where Klopp courted controversy for handing responsibility to Under-23s boss Neil Critchley to field a team of youngsters as the fixture took place during the club's mid-season break.

Critchley was appointed as Blackpool manager on Monday but, while he is longer around, Klopp said some of Liverpool's fledgling stars who have featured in the tournament could be involved.

"It's not about loyalty, these boys are our boys and they did what they did and if we would win the FA Cup in the end they would be involved in the celebrations," Klopp added.
      https://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en/news/klopp-liverpool-fans-arent-paranoid-over-silly-reports/12b84eql509c18u09qnmc8p4n

Thanks Klopp!
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #32: Mar 03, 2020 10:36:43 am
      I don't think a parade will happen to be honest, I saw our parade last year so we've seen one in recent times. Bloody typical thought isn't it after 30 years...
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #33: Mar 03, 2020 11:00:07 am
      I don't think a parade will happen to be honest, I saw our parade last year so we've seen one in recent times. Bloody typical thought isn't it after 30 years...

It won't be until May/June anyway, I would wait and see what the situation is like by then. Besides, we'll challenge for the title again.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #34: Mar 03, 2020 11:11:39 am
      The only way I can see the parade being cancelled is if the government implement some sort of special measure which bans large scale gatherings for a period of time. Baring in mind that would also seemingly ban other sporting events, festivals etc over the summer I think it would take a lot to enforce such a rule & I honestly can't see it happening.

Presuming these events will be at the discretion of the local authorities, and taking into account how much the local economy has benefited from Liverpool FC over the last few years I can imagine the council will be pulling all of the stops out to ensure it goes ahead. Not really worrying at the minute
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #35: Mar 03, 2020 11:36:39 am
      if anyone on this planet or any other think Liverpool fans will not celebrate in huge numbers all over the world then they are mistaken.
      With or without the team with or without permission Liverpool will be a Party town for many days and nghts
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #36: Mar 03, 2020 12:45:17 pm
      Klopp: Liverpool fans aren't 'paranoid' over 'silly' reports coronavirus could impact title charge

The coronavirus has wreaked havoc with the global sporting schedule but the German does not foresee it ending his side's title bid

Jürgen Klopp dismissed any notion Liverpool fans are "paranoid" about "silly" suggestions the Reds' Premier League title bid could be derailed by the coronavirus.

The Reds' hopes of going unbeaten throughout the Premier League season were curtailed in a shock 3-0 loss at struggling Watford on Saturday but they still hold a 22-point lead over Manchester City.

While there is limited threat from their rivals, reports over the weekend said the Premier League could be impacted by the rapid spread of coronavirus and Liverpool would not necessarily be crowned champions if the season were ended prematurely as no rules exist in such a scenario.

However, Klopp says Liverpool fans – who have not seen their team win the top flight since 1990 – have no legitimate fears.

"I don't think our fans are paranoid," Klopp said when quizzed about the coronavirus threat ahead of Liverpool's FA Cup fifth-round tie against Chelsea.

"I can't believe Liverpool fans are thinking about it and I actually speak to Liverpool fans.

"If anybody wants to ask me about that and how much sense it would make to delete all the results of this season and tell me who will play next year in the Champions League and stuff like this, it would be really interesting.

"Nice story, obviously some newspapers have always to write something but when I saw it the first time I really thought, 'Wow, really somebody thinks something like that?'

"Liverpool fans are really not silly enough to believe in these things."

Liverpool have endured a slight blip by their own phenomenal standards this season, with defeats to Atletico Madrid and Watford sandwiched by a comeback win against West Ham.

On Tuesday, Klopp's side travel to Stamford Bridge for the next round of the FA Cup and the German insists the match is not necessarily a release from the pressures of the Premier League and Champions League.

"We never really think about lesser pressure, we are Liverpool, we are always under pressure," he added.

"We play away at Chelsea and everyone expects us to win there, which is difficult, was always difficult, will always be difficult.

"There's for sure no favourite in this game and if [there is] then it's Chelsea because they play at home."

In the previous round, Liverpool needed a replay to get past Shrewsbury Town in a match where Klopp courted controversy for handing responsibility to Under-23s boss Neil Critchley to field a team of youngsters as the fixture took place during the club's mid-season break.

Critchley was appointed as Blackpool manager on Monday but, while he is longer around, Klopp said some of Liverpool's fledgling stars who have featured in the tournament could be involved.

"It's not about loyalty, these boys are our boys and they did what they did and if we would win the FA Cup in the end they would be involved in the celebrations," Klopp added.
      https://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en/news/klopp-liverpool-fans-arent-paranoid-over-silly-reports/12b84eql509c18u09qnmc8p4n

Thanks Klopp!

Travel ban!!

All scouse for the last few home games of the season.

Lobs hand grenade and walks away :laugh:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #37: Mar 03, 2020 01:35:30 pm
      Stop reading bollox headlines its quite simple the media these days just try to cause fear and concern. 35 people showing the Virus in the UK and this week a similar amount will have been killed in car accidents not just injured Killed and they will not get a mention and Cars will not be banned. Sick and tired of this tabloid media close the f**king lot of them down

Theres 1 case of the virus in scotland. ffs. 1 case.

30 odd in england I think.

I know it can be deadly and lots have died all over the world, but the numbers are small compared to other causes of death. Its also worse for the already sick and vunerable, which is the same for normal flu.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #38: Mar 03, 2020 01:36:40 pm
      It won't be until May/June anyway, I would wait and see what the situation is like by then. Besides, we'll challenge for the title again.

Excatly
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39: Mar 03, 2020 01:44:44 pm
      Theres 1 case of the virus in scotland. ffs. 1 case.

30 odd in england I think.

I know it can be deadly and lots have died all over the world, but the numbers are small compared to other causes of death. Its also worse for the already sick and vunerable, which is the same for normal flu.

from the first case of it being "imported" to Arrowe Park probably more than 50 people have died in RTA's. Sick and tired of the way the media blow everything up and then the thick bas**rds lap it up by reading the headlines and nothing more
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #40: Mar 03, 2020 01:48:38 pm
      from the first case of it being "imported" to Arrowe Park probably more than 50 people have died in RTA's. Sick and tired of the way the media blow everything up and then the thick bas**rds lap it up by reading the headlines and nothing more

Indeed.

The crap about washing your hands, WTF, you not washing them already ya dirt bstrds. ;D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41: Mar 03, 2020 02:23:57 pm
      Indeed.

The crap about washing your hands, WTF, you not washing them already ya dirt bstrds. ;D

I loved Klopp's line when asked at a press conference about someone (Newcastle I think) banning handshakes at the training ground. He said something along the lines of "you are two meters away from me right now, I'm pretty whatever you have, I now have."

My son is working in the medical field about 50 miles from the place in Washington state where all the U.S. fatalities have happened. He said "the news makes it sound like people are dropping like flies, but if you work in a hospital like me, you realize that people die all the time from infectious diseases, and at a much higher rate than from the Corona virus. I know it is serious but it is way overhyped."

Pretty smart boy, that.  :)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #42: Mar 03, 2020 11:41:15 pm

F**k! There better be or I have to cancel F***ing everything for my trip!!!
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #43: Mar 05, 2020 02:14:25 am
      Bit worrying this. The media are handling it terribly. Growing every day. Idea of us winning the league in an empty stadium is sh*te. I know there’s more important things in life etc etc but still... would be really disappointing.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #44: Mar 05, 2020 08:51:08 am
      The cure for coronavirus is simple.  Drink lots of Jameson
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #45: Mar 05, 2020 10:02:13 am
      The cure for coronavirus is simple.  Drink lots of Jameson