Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Watford?

Alisson
      9 (15.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (3.5%)
      Dejan Lovren
      7 (12.3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      16 (28.1%)
       Fabinho
      4 (7%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.8%)
      Takumi Minamino
      15 (26.3%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Voting closed: Mar 04, 2020 07:25:25 pm

Watford 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 28699 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,170 posts | 1384 
      Re: Watford 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #529: Feb 29, 2020 08:34:42 pm
      3rd goal was the worst...long ball..Lovren mistimes his jump and the ball breaks to TAA...who for some crazy reason backpasses it straight to Sarr...Alisson charges out and saves and it rebounded to Deeny who scored.. but why did TAA try and pass back to Alisson...!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #530: Feb 29, 2020 08:35:42 pm
      Deeney - ”You try and pick on the weaker of the two – no disrespect to Lovren. He tried to fight me & wasn't even watching the ball & it worked out perfectly.”

Was clear it would happen and Lovren isn’t good enough to play against a physical player like that.
      Harrisimo

• 8,170 posts | 1384 
      Reply #531: Feb 29, 2020 08:38:56 pm
      How do you think, he will deal with the under performing players ?. just a question

Do you think the Boss won't sort it..just a question.

I mean yes they all underperformed including the Boss...but we can't start doubting the boss or the players.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1585 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #532: Feb 29, 2020 08:41:04 pm
      It had to happen sooner or later didn't it, like with most I didn't think it would happen today  >:( not at all happy with that rather dismal performance, they all seemed off their game to me. No spark anywhere, but you know these players are human and we've had an off day, hasn't happened much this season and we should really be very proud that we literally got all the way to the very end of February before we lost a league game.

What does bother me is that the players we have on our bench just don't cut the mustard, if we need to replace a first teamer for whatever reason, there's not really anyone there with flair, imagination, prowess and skill to come on and change a game, I know we are missing the likes of Hendo (who we missed massively again today) Milly etc but Origi for instance just doesn't do it for me, Lallana, not on his game either, Minamino obviously still needs more time to get used to the prem but I worry when our first 11 is not at the races, we struggle.

Still let's get this in perspective, we are still going to be crowned CHAMPIONS for the 19th time and in years to come we will have forgotten about this result, so let's move on and put this behind us and look forward to our next game and do some serious damage.

Haven't voted for man of the match as tbh I don't think any of them deserved it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #533: Feb 29, 2020 08:41:35 pm
      Deeney - ”You try and pick on the weaker of the two – no disrespect to Lovren. He tried to fight me & wasn't even watching the ball & it worked out perfectly.”

Was clear it would happen and Lovren isn’t good enough to play against a physical player like that.

Why did Lovren start ahead of Matip, Lovren was utter crap today but so was Trent and the rest of the team, let's see the reaction on Tuesday, there has to be one, if not I'll be very worried.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,121 posts | 126 
      Reply #534: Feb 29, 2020 08:48:11 pm
      Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp: "They did exactly what they wanted to do, we did not. That's how football works.

"The first half was a tough one, a lot of second balls, running here and there, we had the ball a lot but we didn't come in the right positions to cross, the right positions to finish, against a really good, organised side, with a top set-up for this game.

"You have to accept it, it's not so easy, but it's the proof we were not good enough tonight. It's always very difficult. We have to accept if after. In the game you have to fight. We were 3-0 down but we still tried, there were no silly situations where somebody got frustrated and tried to kick someone.

"If you win good, if you lose, try to do it in the right manner and do it like a man."

That is fair comment, but the last 3 or 4 games we 'have got away' with it, but not today. Did he think that managers think we would play different with basicaly the same team, and the same set up
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 242 
      Reply #535: Feb 29, 2020 08:49:20 pm
      How the hell did Deeney not get a red for the challenge on TAA, just seen it again sliding out of control foot off the ground and studs showing and he makes contact, if tents foot was planted that's a season ending challenge
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #536: Feb 29, 2020 08:53:21 pm
      So depressing
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #537: Feb 29, 2020 08:54:13 pm
      Home to Bournemouth next and it is a game I think we need to win for our blood pressure. It's the perfect game to get back on track.
      Harrisimo

• 8,170 posts | 1384 
      Reply #538: Feb 29, 2020 08:56:28 pm
      Why did Lovren start ahead of Matip, Lovren was utter crap today but so was Trent and the rest of the team, let's see the reaction on Tuesday, there has to be one, if not I'll be very worried.

One win in three.....think it stems a little bit from the almost sedentary starts we make. Just so slow and laboured, it gives teams a bit of confidence. Gave West Ham the confidence. Watford today expecting us to swamp them, when all we do is knock it along the line, no real sting to our play. It nullifies our front 3.

Teams come out and have a go and suddenly gaps in midfield appear..TAA can be got at..and then were in a match. Boss tries to put it right at half time..mostly he does although we need the full 90 to get the result..but not today...it was coming alright and I suspect the boss knew it was coming.Losing Joe was maybe the catalyst.

So we have to regroup and quickly.Good job we've got a buffer zone between us and the rest because you don't want to lose form at this time of the season.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #539: Feb 29, 2020 09:03:36 pm
      Lose one game in forty...how many?

I think we'll be fine people.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,292 posts | 271 
      Reply #540: Feb 29, 2020 09:06:40 pm
      We can't win them all, just a blip although we haven't been that convincing of late. This could give us a kick up the backside to complete this outstanding season we've had. A win against Atletico and sewing up the league in a month we won't even give this game against a well deserved Watford side a second thought. I do worry every time I see Lovren turn out...
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,276 posts | 762 
      Reply #541: Feb 29, 2020 09:28:28 pm
      Credit to Watford for their well deserved victory. Although every cloud has a silver lining, when the Reds win the title, in a few week time.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #542: Feb 29, 2020 09:38:02 pm
      Struggling to be too overwrought with this result.

Not happy with some of the performances.

We badly needed some leadership in the middle today, Lovren played in to Watford's hands and the front three all had an off day, which doesn't occur often.

WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #543: Feb 29, 2020 10:01:32 pm
      Hats off to Watford, refocus support and believe 👍🏻 Liverpool FC 👍🏻
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #544: Feb 29, 2020 10:04:14 pm
      Had a mad busy day in work so only seen the score a while ago.

Bit of a shock to the system to lose a league game but I think it might actually kick us on again in the coming weeks.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #545: Feb 29, 2020 10:05:33 pm
      Quietly happy with the defeat in all honesty

Pretty skint next month & I don't have any holiday days left until April anyway.

Hopefully tonights result will have delayed the festivities a bit so I can celebrate it style when we eventually get over the line  ;D

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,194 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #546: Feb 29, 2020 10:20:28 pm
      Deserved win for them and a good kick up our posterior.

But...we are still 22 wins. If City win their next 7, we would have to lose another 6 and draw 1 (from 10 remaining) for them to be even equal. Not going to happen.

Chill out!

Don't to convincing there
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,194 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #547: Feb 29, 2020 10:21:27 pm
      It's not so much the losing it's the way we lost
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #548: Feb 29, 2020 10:27:13 pm
      While losing to Watford is hard to take,picking M.O.M.for our REDS is even harder.We had no urgency whatsoever and it showed from the kickoff.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #549: Feb 29, 2020 10:31:52 pm
      Hate seeing that L in the Table Column. Makes me feel sick that we lost a game to relegation fodder!!!

We just didn't come to play today and they did from the first whistle, they were chasing, harassing us and putting us under all sorts of pressure and we crumbled. Never thought I'd say that during this amazing season. Never thought I'd say Jürgen got out coached either but it happened. We had no answers to their game plan, hardly saw the front 3 at all. Did they even have a shot on goal between them apart from the one Mo smashed straight into a player 2 meters from him?

Bet the f**king Arsenal c**t supporters would be laughing in their cereal this morning....cu*ts!!!

Don't like this losing feeling, let's not make it a habit and just go out there on Tuesday and take out our aggression on Chelsea!

Bad, Bad day at the Office!!!

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #550: Feb 29, 2020 10:35:35 pm
      This used to happen once a season out of the blue we would lose 3 or 4 nil after the match Souness would declare no training tomorrow and they would all meet at the pub and sort out the problem and get things of their chests. The Winter break has upset our rhythm but the massive hole in the middle of the Park called Hendo stood out for me. They bullied us and we did F**k all about it when Trent got twatted not a single player went to support him or challenged the Ref and the same happened later on Gini   not a single player went to support him or challenged the REF Hendo and Milly would not have let those two incidents go unchecked. We cant get bullied like that again or other team will see it and it will cause us problems.
      Extremely proud of what these lads have given us for the last two seasons and today is a fantastic kick up the backside and a massive reality check it could turn out to be a blessing in disguise
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #551: Feb 29, 2020 10:43:56 pm
      This used to happen once a season out of the blue we would lose 3 or 4 nil after the match Souness would declare no training tomorrow and they would all meet at the pub and sort out the problem and get things of their chests. The Winter break has upset our rhythm but the massive hole in the middle of the Park called Hendo stood out for me. They bullied us and we did f**k all about it when Trent got twatted not a single player went to support him or challenged the Ref and the same happened later on Gini   not a single player went to support him or challenged the REF Hendo and Milly would not have let those two incidents go unchecked. We cant get bullied like that again or other team will see it and it will cause us problems.
      Extremely proud of what these lads have given us for the last two seasons and today is a fantastic kick up the backside and a massive reality check it could turn out to be a blessing in disguise

Exactly mate, that pr**k Deeney should have seen a straight Red on that tackle on Trent. Didn't even go to F***ing VAR!!! Not one player remonstrated the Refs non decision!!!

Quick Reply