Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Watford?

Alisson
      9 (15.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (3.5%)
      Dejan Lovren
      7 (12.3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      16 (28.1%)
       Fabinho
      4 (7%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.8%)
      Takumi Minamino
      15 (26.3%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Voting closed: Mar 04, 2020 07:25:25 pm

Watford 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 28911 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Re: Watford 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: Feb 29, 2020 08:06:34 pm
      I've mentioned a couple of times in the past few weeks that we will never see those stats again from Liverpool in our lifetimes.

It's been pretty incredible and I think I was right in that it was probably the peak of achieving football results.  I don't expect us to go another 44 games unbeaten - ever. 

Well done to the lads for an amazing spell of football.  Pick yourselves up and chalk the rest of the results off in the next few weeks.

Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #507: Feb 29, 2020 08:06:36 pm
      Bad day troops,win as a team lose well you know the rest. all credit to Watford but is Troy really that much of a hand full tho  can you really lose so many headers to him ,get dragged about ending up on your ass ,if  only it was just Lovern , there were more than a few horror shows tonight plus our subs had little if any impact , we have had a great run time to show what we are made of and kick on .
      Jurgens got a job on his hands to lift them,but if anyone can he can.
      I hope Hendo is back soon his influence and leadership is a huge part of how we play it stuck out like sore thumb how much we missed him tonight.

YNWA
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #508: Feb 29, 2020 08:07:34 pm
      More from Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk: "I think first of all credit to Watford - the chances they created they stick to their plan they scored three goals we didn’t create too many opportunities and we can’t take the credit away from Watford. We need to improve, it’s a tough one to take.

"If you conceded three goals we have to improve as a team and we will.

"Losing hurts, the records are only for the media we didn’t mention it once, we keep going. We want to win the next game in the FA Cup and then in the league against Bournemouth - I mean, that’s the only way forward.

"The whole season we haven’t lost a game like this. They did very, very well and we should have done better - we want to strike back straight away."
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,266 posts | 281 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #509: Feb 29, 2020 08:07:44 pm
      Wonder what time Talksport are going to arrange for some southern "Liverpool fan" to ring up the phone in calling for Klopp's head 😂

I'm going for half 9

Place your bets!

Haha! Danny Mills will be on the case.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #510: Feb 29, 2020 08:07:55 pm
      Bad day troops,win as a team lose well you know the rest. all credit to Watford but is Troy really that much of a hand full tho  can you really lose so many headers to him ,get dragged about ending up on your ass ,if  only it was just Lovern , there were more than a few horror shows tonight plus our subs had little if any impact , we have had a great run time to show what we are made of and kick on .
      Jurgens got a job on his hands to lift them,but if anyone can he can.
      I hope Hendo is back soon his influence and leadership is a huge part of how we play it stuck out like sore thumb how much we missed him tonight.

YNWA

Henderson is running in training so he's not too far off, so is Milner.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #511: Feb 29, 2020 08:08:07 pm
      Wonder what time Talksport are going to arrange for some southern "Liverpool fan" to ring up the phone in calling for Klopp's head 😂

I'm going for half 9

Place your bets!

Talksport: 'Die hard red of 50 years wants LFC to return to Scottish boot-room mentality'

8:27 pm.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #512: Feb 29, 2020 08:09:26 pm
      Henderson is running in training so he's not too far off, so is Milner.

Great news I didnt know how far of he was Milly back is another huge plus
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #513: Feb 29, 2020 08:09:43 pm
      Gutted we lost, but even more gutted at the scoreline, always thought that if we did lose it would be a hard fought 1-0, never dreamt we’d be well and truly beaten by a relegation candidate 3-0. Well played to Watford though, they did a job on us and we couldn’t find an answer! Juergen has a job to do to lift this team for the next match, I have the utmost confidence that he at least, is up to the job.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #514: Feb 29, 2020 08:10:28 pm
      None of us like to lose but I can just about accept a defeat if you’ve played well, like vs Barca last year for example, we lost 3-0 but it wasn’t an accurate reflection of the game where we actually played well but just lacked the luck in front of goal.

It’s losing like we did today that pisses me off and what gets to me. We showed nothing but complacency and a distinct lack of effort.

Nobody can come away from this game holding their head up by having at least had a good game. It was mistake ridden and sh*te.

If you lose and can take positives from the performance still then it’s not the worst, but when you lose like we did today, it hurts more.

We were never going to go unbeaten for years to come so it’s not that we’ve now lost our 44 game run and now still 12 points away from securing what we desperately want, it was the manner in which it’s happened.

Not good enough and we haven’t been since the winter break. Today our luck ran out and got rightly punished for our performance.

All this singing about winning the league which started a bit too early IMO, has caused some of the complacency to run off onto the players. The team say they aren’t thinking about it but you can bet they are because they’re only human and are so close to the title.
      It’s like we got to set in our ways and complacent of being able to go on and win regardless of how we are playing.
      « Last Edit: Feb 29, 2020 08:15:36 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Harrisimo

• 8,289 posts | 1402 
      Reply #515: Feb 29, 2020 08:10:46 pm
      Quick blimp at the goals it wasn't obviously just Lovren, VVD and TAA were bad. Crazy attempt at a back pass by TAA.Midfield just not sharpe enough. Far to slow build up in the first half but teams are getting at our back 4 to easily.

Sure it's a blow but put in perspective, in context with the season we've had, it's not a deal breaker so live with it...move on.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #516: Feb 29, 2020 08:11:02 pm
      Gutted we lost, but even more gutted at the scoreline, always thought that if we did lose it would be a hard fought 1-0, never dreamt we’d be well and truly beaten by a relegation candidate 3-0. Well played to Watford though, they did a job on us and we couldn’t find an answer! Juergen has a job to do to lift this team for the next match, I have the utmost confidence that he at least, is up to the job.

They just wanted it more, they're battling relegation whilst we're 22 points ahead at the top of the table.
      Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #517: Feb 29, 2020 08:11:59 pm
      Talksport: 'Die hard red of 50 years wants LFC to return to Scottish boot-room mentality'

8:27 pm.

He’s just hurting, as we all are, he’ll feel better tomorrow. Jürgen’s boot room is perfectly fine!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #518: Feb 29, 2020 08:15:17 pm
      I keep looking at these numbers at the end of the game and I can't believe them. I mean, they are totally shocking numbers:

Wait for them...

Pos    Team        GP    W     D      L      GF    GA    GD    Pts.
      1    Liverpool   28   26   1   1   64   20   44   79   

2    Man City   27   18   3   6   68   29   39   57
      Harrisimo

• 8,289 posts | 1402 
      Reply #519: Feb 29, 2020 08:15:53 pm
      None of us like to lose but I can just about accept a defeat if you’ve played well, like vs Barca last year for example, we lost 3-0 but it wasn’t an accurate reflection of the game where we actually played well but just lacked the luck in front of goal.

It’s losing like we did today that pisses me off and what gets to me. We showed nothing but complacency and a distinct lack of effort.

Nobody can come away from this game holding their head up by having at least had a good game. It was mistake ridden and sh*te.

If you lose and can take positives from the performance still then it’s not the worst, but when you lose like we did today, it hurts more.

We were never going to go unbeaten for years to come so it’s not that we’ve now lost our 44 game run and now still 12 points away from securing what we desperately want, it was the manner in which it’s happened.

Not good enough and we haven’t been since the winter break. Today our luck ran out and got rightly punished for our performance.

Boss said something similar...get beat doing all you can, bit of bad luck or whatever..it's easier to take but lie down almost or play so badly is difficult to take but the Boss will put this right. The team will know they haven't played anywhere near what is acceptable. But the Boss won't throw the baby out with the bath water. He'll deal with this.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #520: Feb 29, 2020 08:18:45 pm
      I’ve forgotten what it feels like to lose, and my husband is a damn gooner

You have my sympathy!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #521: Feb 29, 2020 08:20:10 pm
      That result was coming, we've been getting worse and worse since the winter break, I'd play the full team against Chelsea as punishment, see if they can put some F***ing effort in again, remember how to play fast attacking football again instead of this plodding crap of the last few weeks and then lumping a ball in with no one challenging for it.

Just hope we can now bounce back quickly, another defeat now and jitters might creep in.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #522: Feb 29, 2020 08:20:17 pm
      I thought we had an attitude of  ‘we’ll out play them because were better than them’
      Waiting for the ball to drop while they jump over us and get a header in.
      3rd goal. Throw in, two missed tackles on the line before the ball is hit forwards, dissecting is,
      Passing, so soft, the recipient in space was pressed before the ball even reached them.
      They attack. We win the ball, before we’ve moved 15 yds up the pitch, they’ve got 10 or 11 players behind the ball.
      We attack, lethargically, it breaks down and they counter, not with a long ball, but passing through us, and outnumber our defenders. All sprinting and busting a gut to get up and down, while we casually stroke the ball around, by the half way line going nowhere. Second to most loose balls, soooooo many misplaced passes and very little leadership to organise and encourage.
      Lovren probably in because Jürgen thought it would be a stroll. Unless Matip is injured or sick, big mistake.
      We seem of late to be spread right across the pitch, sparsely positioned and out of touch with each other. We always attacked down a flank and players moved across to support and there was options, with a wide player staying on opposite flank for the quick switch.
      Now we seem to be regimented in a line across the pitch with little going diagonally, or only one option for a pass.
      We’ve become easy to mark and a packed defence is paying dividends for the opposition.
      Looks like we’ve been found out over the last 4 games, and the more teams employ them tactics, the harder we’re finding it.
      Something needs to change, cant think how, or Atlético will certainly have the measure of us. Still confident we’ll win the Prem, and possibly the FA cup, but the CL worries me with this current run of form.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #523: Feb 29, 2020 08:21:20 pm

Next winter break, no jollies/holidays, they all lost their focus.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,129 posts | 127 
      Reply #524: Feb 29, 2020 08:26:02 pm
      Boss said something similar...get beat doing all you can, bit of bad luck or whatever..it's easier to take but lie down almost or play so badly is difficult to take but the Boss will put this right. The team will know they haven't played anywhere near what is acceptable. But the Boss won't throw the baby out with the bath water. He'll deal with this.

How do you think, he will deal with the under performing players ?. just a question
      Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #525: Feb 29, 2020 08:26:50 pm
      We’ll all forget this result when Jordan lifts the Premiership trophy, and we all know he will, the boys will be gutted at that performance, hopefully they will put things right in the next match!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #526: Feb 29, 2020 08:27:15 pm
      Scary thing is, the scoreline flattered us, they could and should have had 4 or 5
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #527: Feb 29, 2020 08:30:13 pm
      I'll settle for us loosing on a leap day … once every 4 years !! :)
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,518 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #528: Feb 29, 2020 08:30:55 pm
      Tell you what, Bournemouth players must be feeling worried.

Quick Reply