Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match: Chelsea v Liverpool (Tuesday 03.03.20 7:45 PM K.O), FA Cup 5th Round

Read 8758 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Re: Pre Match: Chelsea v Liverpool (Tuesday 03.03.20 7:45 PM K.O), FA Cup 5th Round
      Reply #69: Mar 02, 2020 06:49:56 pm
      Think Lovren will get another game. Also wouldn’t surprise me to see Milly fill in at one of the fullback spots.

Probably Origi and Minamino up front in some fashion as well.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Pre Match: Chelsea v Liverpool (Tuesday 03.03.20 7:45 PM K.O), FA Cup 5th Round
      Reply #70: Mar 02, 2020 06:59:10 pm
      I expect a few of the youngsters to play, but I'd like to see a very strong team tomorrow.

Well I’ve named Williams and Jones as our youngsters. I’ve not exactly gone for a team similar to that of the last round. Probably be very similar to the first Shrewsbury game....but hopefully nowhere near as bad of a performance.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #71: Mar 02, 2020 07:15:02 pm
      OK. I was mostly put off with the "F**K That" beginning to it all. I try to advance ideas that at least have some basis for consideration rather than being summarily dismissed.

But I think I have allowed this result to put me in a worse mood than I was willing to admit.

Looks like Jürgen will still make changes for Chelsea but we might be seeing one or two of our usual front three from the start. Now I can't wait for the next game to kick off.

I'm with ya dude. Very excited for tomorrow's clash. There are so many factors that make it nervy for me. Our form of late. The possible line up changes. What kind of squad does Chelsea play? I'm ready for all those answers.

One thing that makes me think Klopp puts a little stronger starting 11 on the pitch is the fact that were at the Bridge. Putting a young side on the field against a strong Chelsea side in London is asking a lot.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #72: Mar 02, 2020 08:52:13 pm
      Think Lovren will get another game. Also wouldn’t surprise me to see Milly fill in at one of the fullback spots.

Probably Origi and Minamino up front in some fashion as well.

You are probably right but I wish, and I bet Milner wishes, he could play in the midfield instead. Problem with this tomorrow is that he'd have to play an even less-experienced kid  there.

Of course he could play Robbo now that I think of it....
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #73: Mar 02, 2020 09:06:29 pm
      No Elliott so think Mane will play with Origi through middle and Mini on the other . Lallana and Jones in midfield with AN other possibly Milner but he will more likely be at LB.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #74: Mar 02, 2020 09:22:00 pm
      Please people stop trying to fix something that is not broke,  Ok we we lost a game by playing poo, all around,  but JK finds a way. He stopped us playing this genga, because we conceded, too many goals last season, and teams have jumped on that. Maybe things will change so the opposing managers have to adjust their games.  Let them worry about we are gonna do.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #75: Mar 02, 2020 10:17:27 pm
      Because we don’t know what side we are likely to field, I’m gonna hold on my final prediction.
      See fat Frank is saying ‘kick em while they’re down’ and going full strength and all out to win this. Which is nothing more than I’d expect. I think we go full strength and get it won, then make changes if you have to.
      But not s centre back for s striker ffs.
      Not sure if we’ll win it or not at the mo, just hoping we do, and in some style, to get our confidence and mo jo back.
      If we lose this, beating Bournemouth (if we do) in their current position is hardly gonna send shockwaves through Atlético is it !
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #76: Mar 02, 2020 10:22:08 pm
      See fat Frank is saying ‘kick em while they’re down’

He'd know all about that having seen his team lose many points this season.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #77: Mar 02, 2020 11:08:51 pm
      Simply let's dump fat Frank's Chelsea out of the competition tomorrow night.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #78: Mar 02, 2020 11:46:42 pm
      Simply let's dump fat Frank's Chelsea out of the competition tomorrow night.

So hope we do. Just think expecting the kids to do it is asking g too much.
      Hope and pray Jürgen puts a full strength side out.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #79: Mar 02, 2020 11:58:12 pm
      So hope we do. Just think expecting the kids to do it is asking g too much.
      Hope and pray Jürgen puts a full strength side out.

Won't be the kids and wont be full strength. Think the only youngsters will be Williams and Jones. The rest will likely be the likes of Adrian, Lallana, Origi etc.

No idea what they will go with, do they rest players because they are in danger of missing out on CL football next season or do they go full strength because this can be their only chance of winning anything this season.

Not expecting to see a goal fest though because they aren't exactly prolific and neither are the players we are likely going to be fielding at the start.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #80: Mar 03, 2020 02:05:35 am
      Remember we are talking about a game Saturday, a game Tuesday, a game on the next Saturday and then Atletico on Wednesday the 11th, so that is 4 games in 12 days. That's why Jürgen is likely to rotate here. It maybe that some regulars are out vs. Chelsea and others vs. Bournemouth, but I know he doesn't want his likely team selection to playing their fourth match in 12 days when we face such a huge occasion trying to turn around that first leg result.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #81: Mar 03, 2020 03:19:48 am
      I'd be content with seeing Williams and Jones on Saturday and going a lil more HAM tomorrow. With perfection out the window and a 22 point cushion why not shift the priority to the Cup this week?
      « Last Edit: Mar 03, 2020 04:24:43 am by Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #82: Mar 03, 2020 08:49:07 am
      Remember we are talking about a game Saturday, a game Tuesday, a game on the next Saturday and then Atletico on Wednesday the 11th, so that is 4 games in 12 days. That's why Jürgen is likely to rotate here. It maybe that some regulars are out vs. Chelsea and others vs. Bournemouth, but I know he doesn't want his likely team selection to playing their fourth match in 12 days when we face such a huge occasion trying to turn around that first leg result.

I'd rather we rotate a bit against Bournemouth, but in any case perhaps the players need to get a bit tired again, they were certainly playing better before their recent 2 week break!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #83: Mar 03, 2020 08:50:23 am
      I'd be content with seeing Williams and Jones on Saturday and going a lil more HAM tomorrow. With perfection out the window and a 22 point cushion why not shift the priority to the Cup this week?

Good point, who cares if we drop a few more points in the league now, we'll still win it, we really should prioritise FA Cup and CL
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #84: Mar 03, 2020 08:56:43 am
      Good point, who cares if we drop a few more points in the league now, we'll still win it, we really should prioritise FA Cup and CL

Know what your saying Heimdall, but will dropping players after that poor performance say, you were sh*te, you’re out ! That could F**k them up confidence wise, or do you pick them and say, you’re better than that, now let’s go and show them.
      I just think if you wanna win something, go with your strongest side !
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #85: Mar 03, 2020 09:02:59 am
      Know what your saying Heimdall, but will dropping players after that poor performance say, you were sh*te, you’re out ! That could f**k them up confidence wise, or do you pick them and say, you’re better than that, now let’s go and show them.
      I just think if you wanna win something, go with your strongest side !

I really think this team is so strong and so together that there wouldn't be an issue with this, just sit the players down and explain what the plan is.

For tonight I would go as full strength as possible, surely our first XI must be chomping at the bit to erase Saturdays's terrible performance, so many of those lads have a point to prove tonight so use that frustration and channel it in a positive way, if anyone knows how to do that its Jürgen.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #86: Mar 03, 2020 09:07:18 am
      For some strange reason the breaks don’t seem to do us any good , why that is , is anyone’s guess , just seems to knock us out of kilter , I hope he puts a strong team out tomorrow, ,we need some rythym back in the players before Madrid rock up ,

Thing with the breaks is I don't think we're supposed to see instant results, I think it's more of a long-term thing. We had a warm weather camp last year around Feb / March & if I remember ended up drawing a couple of games after it. But then we went on that run towards the end of the campaign where we won 9 or 10 league games on the spin and of course produced that incredible performance against Barcelona, so you could argue that one of the reasons we had so much left in the tank towards the business end of last season was because of the break a few months earlier
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #87: Mar 03, 2020 09:24:40 am
      A great opportunity to erase Saturday's poor display, out of the players and fans minds. Field a strong side and reach the last eight of the competition, for the first time in a while !
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #88: Mar 03, 2020 09:29:19 am
      I really think this team is so strong and so together that there wouldn't be an issue with this, just sit the players down and explain what the plan is.

For tonight I would go as full strength as possible, surely our first XI must be chomping at the bit to erase Saturdays's terrible performance, so many of those lads have a point to prove tonight so use that frustration and channel it in a positive way, if anyone knows how to do that its Jürgen.

you post the biggest pile of sh*te. As Jürgen said only an idiot would doubt his players and we all know what category you fall into. You flip flop from post to post fortunately people have decent memories .
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #89: Mar 03, 2020 09:40:52 am
      7.45 can't come around soon enough.

Need to get Saturday out of my system!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #90: Mar 03, 2020 10:04:27 am
      you post the biggest pile of sh*te. As Jürgen said only an idiot would doubt his players and we all know what category you fall into. You flip flop from post to post fortunately people have decent memories .

erm sorry but what, what am I flip flopping about, come on elephant man tell us.

You seem to have some sort of weird obsession with me my friend, I find it slightly creepy to be honest, goes way beyond normal trolling
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #91: Mar 03, 2020 10:09:45 am
      Adrian, Robbo, Matip, Lovren, Williams, Milner, Lallana, Jones, Ox, Origi, Salah.

Would start Robbo on the left with potentially looking at resting him and bringing Milner in for Bournemouth. Play Origi down the middle as I think he suits that position much better than playing out wide. Leave the likes of Mane, Fabinho, Virgil & Bobby on the bench in case they're needed

Quick Reply