Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Adrián
      5 (9.4%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      5 (9.4%)
      Neco Williams
      15 (28.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (5.7%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      3 (5.7%)
      Curtis Jones
      14 (26.4%)
      Takumi Minamino
      3 (5.7%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (5.7%)
      James Milner
      2 (3.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Voting closed: Mar 07, 2020 09:37:30 pm

Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29426 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #529: Mar 04, 2020 07:16:34 am
      The media are overreacting massively - hopefully the fans don’t follow suit like sheep
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #530: Mar 04, 2020 07:18:21 am
      We need a win and a win quickly
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #531: Mar 04, 2020 07:28:14 am
      We're in a bit of a funk. It happens.

Much easier to break that than it was to maintain that run.

Key players massively out of form........VvD been as poor as in his whole LFC career the last few weeks; key players injured and alternatives on way back still rusty (Hendo / Fab / Milly).

We'll be back on it Saturday.

Up the f***in' reds.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #532: Mar 04, 2020 08:06:14 am

Key players massively out of form........VvD been as poor as in his whole LFC career the last few weeks; key players injured and alternatives on way back still rusty (Hendo / Fab / Milly).

Up the f***in' reds.

I actually thought we played ok last night, especially in the first half, we had more shots on target than Chelsea, but in the last 30 minutes we were bloody awful again, akin to the Watford game and that coincided with bringing on all the senior players, they had absolutely zero impact, we may as well have left the team as it was, not one one of the subs made an impact, in fact taking off Jones made us considerably weaker in midfield.

Players who are simply not good enough any more are Lallana, Origi and Milner. As for the others I am not sure what the hell the problem is but if I was Jürgen I would seriously be thinking of a Plan B, in terms of tactics and formation,  unless we start much better against Bournemouth on Saturday and find a way to score a goal. I really am getting a little bit nervous and if we play like that against Atletico then we are fu**ed, in fact I have almost zero confidence of keeping a clean sheet against them so we'll have to score loads of goals but all 3 of our forwards are in a huge slump right now.

Oh and I'd give Fabinho an extended rest until he can unfuck his head, bloody useless at the moment.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #533: Mar 04, 2020 08:36:28 am

Up the f***in' reds.

correct. Hopefully our wee bad spell ends saturday. Confident it will.

Milner must start at weekend, we need a captain in MF.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #534: Mar 04, 2020 08:37:28 am
      I actually thought we played ok last night, especially in the first half, we had more shots on target than Chelsea, but in the last 30 minutes we were bloody awful again, akin to the Watford game and that coincided with bringing on all the senior players, they had absolutely zero impact, we may as well have left the team as it was, not one one of the subs made an impact, in fact taking off Jones made us considerably weaker in midfield.

Players who are simply not good enough any more are Lallana, Origi and Milner. As for the others I am not sure what the hell the problem is but if I was Jürgen I would seriously be thinking of a Plan B, in terms of tactics and formation,  unless we start much better against Bournemouth on Saturday and find a way to score a goal. I really am getting a little bit nervous and if we play like that against Atletico then we are fu**ed, in fact I have almost zero confidence of keeping a clean sheet against them so we'll have to score loads of goals but all 3 of our forwards are in a huge slump right now.

Oh and I'd give Fabinho an extended rest until he can unfuck his head, bloody useless at the moment.

As much as I like Lallana & Origi I agree, they let us down recently.

Not having Milner though, hes been out injured for a while, he will start and lead us on saturday.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #535: Mar 04, 2020 08:45:44 am

Not having Milner though, hes been out injured for a while, he will start and lead us on saturday.

OK perhaps a bit harsh on Milner but he was not good when he came on, always a step behind the play but then he is back from injury. I honestly thought we got worse with the subs, which was very worrying, at the end we had our regular front three who yet again did not get a single shot on target, now that is an issue. The only subs we needed was Ox or Millie on for Lallana and Mo on for Origi and we needed that at around the 60 minute mark. Taking Jones off was a bit bizare seeing as he was our best midfielder and the only one running at Chelsea which is exactly what we need.

I just don't think Jürgen gives two shits about the FA Cup, you can clearly see that in the team selections. Personally I find that a little bit disappointing but hand on heart I don't give a sh*t as long as we win the league, the CL will just be a nice bonus but unless our form improves dramatically then no chance we win the CL.

I agree that we should play Milner on Saturday, if for no other reason than we need his experience on the pitch.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #536: Mar 04, 2020 08:58:59 am

Origi can't seem to do it out wide, not sure why Klopp doesn't just shift him to the centre and play somebody else in the wide position. In the 5-2 against Everton he was great, same in the 4-0 against Barcelona. Played down the middle in both of those. Even in some of his earlier games around 2016 (1-1 against Dortmund, 4-0 against Everton) he bagged in both and was used as a centre forward. If you're going to give him some minutes, play him down the middle
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #537: Mar 04, 2020 09:02:10 am
      Origi can't seem to do it out wide, not sure why Klopp doesn't just shift him to the centre and play somebody else in the wide position. In the 5-2 against Everton he was great, same in the 4-0 against Barcelona. Played down the middle in both of those. Even in some of his earlier games around 2016 (1-1 against Dortmund, 4-0 against Everton) he bagged in both and was used as a centre forward. If you're going to give him some minutes, play him down the middle

OK, I agree he may be better down the centre but FFS even played out wide he needs to be doing a lot more than he does, he has gone fully back into sh*t mode lately, dribbling the ball straight into defenders, being slow and lethargic on the ball, no vision, nolink up play, no shot, quite simply not good enough.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #538: Mar 04, 2020 09:05:31 am
      Another thing that struck me last night is that we don't have anyone who ever takes a shot from distance, we are constantly looking to dribble the ball into the net, its quite weird and must be a deliberate tactic. As we saw for our first goal conceded yesterday, and even the second one, a ball struck well from distance can cause all kinds of problems for a goalkeeper, especially if you follow that shot in.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #539: Mar 04, 2020 09:11:15 am
      What they are doing is defending more on the wings and daring us to try and beat them through the middle.
      Which Atletico did superbly. This is why i wish Naby could just stay F***ing fit, he's the one that can beat a man and slide a pass through.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #540: Mar 04, 2020 09:15:36 am
      OK, I agree he may be better down the centre but FFS even played out wide he needs to be doing a lot more than he does, he has gone fully back into sh*t mode lately, dribbling the ball straight into defenders, being slow and lethargic on the ball, no vision, nolink up play, no shot, quite simply not good enough.

That's because he's a centre forward & not a winger - years worth of evidence to back it up. He's 6ft+ & a threat in the air, if we're going to play him I think we should be using him down the middle & not having him hugging the touchline trying to work crosses in to fellas who are about 5 ft 6
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #541: Mar 04, 2020 09:33:38 am
      That's because he's a centre forward & not a winger - years worth of evidence to back it up. He's 6ft+ & a threat in the air, if we're going to play him I think we should be using him down the middle & not having him hugging the touchline trying to work crosses in to fellas who are about 5 ft 6

If he is that limited that he can;t switch positions then we definitely need to bin him off, what's this nonsense about him being a threat in the air, when is this then, certainly not yesterday.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #542: Mar 04, 2020 09:38:52 am
      Too reliant on the fullbacks" mane and salah seem almost redundant at times. The amount of times the ball goes into the opposition 6 yard box and we have nobody there.. The second half was an absolute shambles.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #543: Mar 04, 2020 09:41:34 am
      what's this nonsense about him being a threat in the air, when is this then, certainly not yesterday.

Did you not watch the derby last season? Or the Newcastle game? Or the Norwich game earlier this season? Once again you're talking absolute shabbite & basing your opinions off 90 minutes of football
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #544: Mar 04, 2020 09:45:58 am
      Did you not watch the derby last season? Or the Newcastle game? Or the Norwich game earlier in the season. Once again you're talking absolute shabbite & basing your opinions off 90 minutes of football

he probably missed it when his Electricity cut out and he couldn't find money for his meter. He just posts crap to wind people up just how important was Divok last season . He is just a joke he snipes away hoping for a response then disappears or plays the victim card. 2 defeats in 66 league games and he thinks Klopps tactics are all wrong how can you engage with such a tw*t
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #545: Mar 04, 2020 09:51:08 am
      This recent run of games shouldnt ever overshadow the last two years but it’s perfect for internet fans like Heimdall to go mental picking fault left right and centre , can feel the glee in their posts that they have the chance to be negative

A lot of perspective needs to taken here and just leave the bath water alone
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #546: Mar 04, 2020 09:59:37 am
      he probably missed it when his Electricity cut out and he couldn't find money for his meter. He just posts crap to wind people up just how important was Divok last season . He is just a joke he snipes away hoping for a response then disappears or plays the victim card. 2 defeats in 66 league games and he thinks Klopps tactics are all wrong how can you engage with such a tw*t

Waiting for him to ask for a "link" to all of Divock's headed goals

His usual response when he gets countered with facts after talking nonsense
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #547: Mar 04, 2020 10:02:11 am
      OK perhaps a bit harsh on Milner but he was not good when he came on, always a step behind the play but then he is back from injury. I honestly thought we got worse with the subs, which was very worrying, at the end we had our regular front three who yet again did not get a single shot on target, now that is an issue. The only subs we needed was Ox or Millie on for Lallana and Mo on for Origi and we needed that at around the 60 minute mark. Taking Jones off was a bit bizare seeing as he was our best midfielder and the only one running at Chelsea which is exactly what we need.

I just don't think Jürgen gives two shits about the FA Cup, you can clearly see that in the team selections. Personally I find that a little bit disappointing but hand on heart I don't give a sh*t as long as we win the league, the CL will just be a nice bonus but unless our form improves dramatically then no chance we win the CL.

I agree that we should play Milner on Saturday, if for no other reason than we need his experience on the pitch.

TBH. most LFC fans dont give a sh1t about the FA cup anyway. The FA dont give a sh1t about LFC, never have.

Our Priority is the league and champions league.

Main thing is getting back to winning ways on saturday.

ps. the kids did well last night. for both teams. was good watch just from that point of view, thats all the league and FA cup is now, games for blooding youngsters.

City have only won the league cup so much recently cos theyre squad is massive and they get easy draws.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #548: Mar 04, 2020 10:12:46 am
      Did you not watch the derby last season? Or the Newcastle game? Or the Norwich game earlier this season? Once again you're talking absolute shabbite & basing your opinions off 90 minutes of football

Yes I remember the flukey goal against Everton, it was lovely, but not exactly a great advert for someone's aaerial ability more for a fuckwit of a GK.

I'm basing my opinions on more than 90 minutes, I'm basing it on the last 4 or 5 times I've seen him play and jog about the pitch, losing the ball and being totally ineffective, he's bang average, just very lucky with a couple of vital goals for which I'm very grateful.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #549: Mar 04, 2020 10:13:55 am

At least have the courage to debate with me one to one, instead of childish crap about me being poor which is quite amusing by the way :-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #550: Mar 04, 2020 10:17:18 am
      This recent run of games shouldnt ever overshadow the last two years but it’s perfect for internet fans like Heimdall to go mental picking fault left right and centre , can feel the glee in their posts that they have the chance to be negative

A lot of perspective needs to taken here and just leave the bath water alone

suicide jokes, oh how we laughed!!

If you trolls actually bother to read my posts you'll notice that I am actually very proud of this team and in awe of their achievements but I am also very concerned about recent performances, its not just the losses, its more the fact that we are running out of ideas and opposition teams are easily restricting our chances whilst hitting us on the break.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #551: Mar 04, 2020 10:19:25 am
      Waiting for him to ask for a "link" to all of Divock's headed goals

His usual response when he gets countered with facts after talking nonsense

go on then, show me a compilation of all Origi's headed goals ;-)   I have already said that he has scored some very important goals for us, but he is a bang average forward, he's had more than enough chances for us over the years and just shown tiny little glimpses.

Quick Reply