Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Adrián
      5 (9.4%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      5 (9.4%)
      Neco Williams
      15 (28.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (5.7%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      3 (5.7%)
      Curtis Jones
      14 (26.4%)
      Takumi Minamino
      3 (5.7%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (5.7%)
      James Milner
      2 (3.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Voting closed: Mar 07, 2020 09:37:30 pm

Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29407 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Re: Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #552: Mar 04, 2020 11:31:30 am
      We need Mbappe to replace Origi. That will end a few miseries of those that I and many others here can never ever understand.  :f_tongueincheek: Kylian Mbappe. Happy?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #553: Mar 04, 2020 11:35:30 am
      We need Mbappe to replace Origi. That will end a few miseries of those that I and many others here can never ever understand.  :f_tongueincheek: Kylian Mbappe. Happy?

Yes, that would make me very very happy, I think Werner might be more realistic though.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #554: Mar 04, 2020 11:57:49 am
      One thing I'm sure of, when we win the league, and we will win the league, some of the same doubters on here will try to throw shade on the accomplishment, pointing to whatever our points total is compared to what it might have been, pointing to any other trophy not won, pointing to any unhappy result over a 50 to 60-match season.

It's just what some people do and it essentially defines them. I'm not talking about genuine discussion about any facet of LFC, but those with the constant agenda of casting doubt on good things accomplished. It's not that hard to tell the difference. Those are the people I choose to ignore, and when we get caught in the quagmire of their negativity, it makes coming on here less enjoyable.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #555: Mar 04, 2020 12:26:20 pm
      A few off form, a couple rusty, a player yet to settle, a couple of young lads.
      Perspective.

I've been reading here for the last 2 years that "teams have worked us out" and yet here we sit on a record points total for this time of the season.

It was a crap result, but form is temporary, class is permanent and we are a class team.

I'd rather have a blip when we're 22 points ahead, than in November/December.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #556: Mar 04, 2020 12:32:10 pm
      At least have the courage to debate with me one to one, instead of childish crap about me being poor which is quite amusing by the way :-)

I have told you before your really not smart enough to be clever it isn't working for you. Your a gobs***e WUM your opinions change like the wind and you backtrack  all the time. You still haven't said which player you now want injured so Jürgen cant pick him wanting Jordan injured so Jürgen couldn't pick him sums you up far better than anyone else could.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #557: Mar 04, 2020 12:36:20 pm
      No creativity and leadership in midfield, again. Gomez took silly decisions, as well as Fabinho. Even Van Dijk looked average. No one knew what to do and the combinations the attack tried seemed to be so predictable. It was painful to see. Minamino showed good things but he could not do miracles, same thing for Mane.

Jones and Williams were very good IMO. Lallana needs to go and Origi should not start, unless we're really out of options. He has not proved that he deserves  playing time so far this season.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #558: Mar 04, 2020 12:47:18 pm
      Yes I remember the flukey goal against Everton, it was lovely, but not exactly a great advert for someone's aaerial ability more for a fuckwit of a GK.

Great advert for striker's instincts though!
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #559: Mar 04, 2020 12:51:07 pm
      A few off form, a couple rusty, a player yet to settle, a couple of young lads.
      Perspective.

I've been reading here for the last 2 years that "teams have worked us out" and yet here we sit on a record points total for this time of the season.

It was a crap result, but form is temporary, class is permanent and we are a class team.

I'd rather have a blip when we're 22 points ahead, than in November/December.

It's madness that some "supporters" have the audacity to complain given the season we're being treated to.  We are having an amazing season and I appreciate every opportunity I get to watch this team perform. 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #560: Mar 04, 2020 12:56:06 pm
      I have told you before your really not smart enough to be clever it isn't working for you. Your a gobs***e WUM your opinions change like the wind and you backtrack  all the time. You still haven't said which player you now want injured so Jürgen cant pick him wanting Jordan injured so Jürgen couldn't pick him sums you up far better than anyone else could.

Actually you are the one acting like a wum as you seem to spend all your time following me from thread to thread just to hurl abuse at me, never once actually debating what I post. You claim I backtrack yet do not offer any evidence for this.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #561: Mar 04, 2020 12:57:32 pm
      No creativity and leadership in midfield, again. Gomez took silly decisions, as well as Fabinho. Even Van Dijk looked average. No one knew what to do and the combinations the attack tried seemed to be so predictable. It was painful to see. Minamino showed good things but he could not do miracles, same thing for Mane.

Jones and Williams were very good IMO. Lallana needs to go and Origi should not start, unless we're really out of options. He has not proved that he deserves  playing time so far this season.

100% spot on and more or less exactly what I said, no doubt you'll get abuse from the superfans, or perhaps that's just reserved for me ;-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #562: Mar 04, 2020 12:59:41 pm
      Great advert for striker's instincts though!

That's a fair point, he followed it in whereas most other players assumed an England GK would easily deal with it, not sure if that is good instinct or just lucky, but in any case in 99% of instances his instincts are crap, choosing the wrong time to dribble or pass or bother to sprint back etc.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #563: Mar 04, 2020 01:00:40 pm
      It's madness that some "supporters" have the audacity to complain given the season we're being treated to.  We are having an amazing season and I appreciate every opportunity I get to watch this team perform. 

so we should be happy about losing two games on the bounce, what about if we lose to Atletico as well, are we still not allowed to complain?
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #564: Mar 04, 2020 01:09:49 pm
      so we should be happy about losing two games on the bounce, what about if we lose to Atletico as well, are we still not allowed to complain?

We shouldn't be happy about losing two games in a row, but at the same time we can't really complain that we've had a dip in form after we've been so brilliant all season. We're world and European champions, we're far in front in the league with the title ours unless we massively F**k up and one of the defeats was when we didn't put out a full strength team.

Our team are brilliant, but we can't expect them to win every match. I think now that the pressure to be invincibles is off, we'll see a much better performance against Bournemouth and hopefully, Henderson will be ready for Atletico.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #565: Mar 04, 2020 01:11:26 pm
      Origi can't seem to do it out wide, not sure why Klopp doesn't just shift him to the centre and play somebody else in the wide position. In the 5-2 against Everton he was great, same in the 4-0 against Barcelona. Played down the middle in both of those. Even in some of his earlier games around 2016 (1-1 against Dortmund, 4-0 against Everton) he bagged in both and was used as a centre forward. If you're going to give him some minutes, play him down the middle

Spot on every one can see it but Klopp aaaaahhhh
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #566: Mar 04, 2020 01:15:56 pm

I'm as disappointed as anyone with the last few results, but this is a season we're unlikely to see repeated, so best just sit back and enjoy the ride. :)
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #567: Mar 04, 2020 01:41:07 pm
      I blame that manure kid who sent Klopp that letter b4 the A Madrid game
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #568: Mar 04, 2020 02:03:15 pm
      We shouldn't be happy about losing two games in a row, but at the same time we can't really complain that we've had a dip in form after we've been so brilliant all season. We're world and European champions, we're far in front in the league with the title ours unless we massively f**k up and one of the defeats was when we didn't put out a full strength team.

Our team are brilliant, but we can't expect them to win every match. I think now that the pressure to be invincibles is off, we'll see a much better performance against Bournemouth and hopefully, Henderson will be ready for Atletico.

Of course we are brilliant and what we have achieved so far is astonishing, no one disputes that. What worries me and several others is that in the last month we have been bang average in terms of performances culminating in an awful display against Watford and getting knocked out of the FA Cup yesterday with an again fairly average display. We play a very very tricky team in a weeks time and unless we play a hell of a lot better then we'll be out of the CL as well. As for the league I really cannot imagine a scenario where we don't win at least 4 games but I do think we need to play better again to achieve this.
      I guess its just the pain of so many near misses which is giving everyone the jitters and come Wednesday evening when we have beaten Atletico after having pummelled Bournemouth at the weekend we will all look back at this blip and laugh, I bloody hope so anyway.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #569: Mar 04, 2020 02:12:20 pm
      Don't know if it's been said on here before, but we have been trying to get out of this competition since the 3rd round.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #570: Mar 04, 2020 02:57:22 pm
      We play decently but they took their chances and we did not.

If we win on Saturday, everything will be forgiven! Come on we need to recover from this.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #571: Mar 04, 2020 03:24:59 pm
      Don't know if it's been said on here before, but we have been trying to get out of this competition since the 3rd round.

EXACTLY. :)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #572: Mar 04, 2020 03:48:51 pm

For me our season starts next Wednesday at Anfield against Atletico.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #573: Mar 04, 2020 03:52:03 pm
      For me our season starts next Wednesday at Anfield against Atletico.

Don't you want to finish the job of winning the league?
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #574: Mar 04, 2020 04:07:07 pm
      Don't you want to finish the job of winning the league?

The league is finished.  We've already won.  Now we focus our efforts on a CL repeat!!

Quick Reply