Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Adrián
      5 (9.4%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      5 (9.4%)
      Neco Williams
      15 (28.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (5.7%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      3 (5.7%)
      Curtis Jones
      14 (26.4%)
      Takumi Minamino
      3 (5.7%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (5.7%)
      James Milner
      2 (3.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Voting closed: Mar 07, 2020 09:37:30 pm

Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29409 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #575: Mar 04, 2020 04:20:49 pm
      The league is finished.  We've already won.  Now we focus our efforts on a CL repeat!!

the fat lady hasn't sung yet mate lets get the wins required at home if needed.  City play UTD Sunday so just beat Bournemouth and lets see what happens but until its mathematically impossible for City to win it we have to get over the line then the shackles and tension will be lifted.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #576: Mar 04, 2020 04:26:45 pm
      the fat lady hasn't sung yet mate lets get the wins required at home if needed.  City play UTD Sunday so just beat Bournemouth and lets see what happens but until its mathematically impossible for City to win it we have to get over the line then the shackles and tension will be lifted.
      Spot on
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #577: Mar 04, 2020 04:36:31 pm
      Don't you want to finish the job of winning the league?

Done.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #578: Mar 04, 2020 04:55:05 pm
      We're on the cusp of winning our holy grail for the first time in 30 years and at the start of the season if you'd asked every red if they'd be willing to sacrifice every other tournament if it guaranteed a League Title they would all have bitten your hand off. Don't everyone lose sight of this just because there is a strong possibility we go out of the Champions League and the title run-in potentially becomes underwhelming. A few comments in this thread after the game suggesting that all we would have to look forward to was some meaningless fixtures in the League because we've walked it just doesn't seem right to me!
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #579: Mar 04, 2020 05:00:07 pm
      We're on the cusp of winning our holy grail for the first time in 30 years and at the start of the season if you'd asked every red if they'd be willing to sacrifice every other tournament if it guaranteed a League Title they would all have bitten your hand off. Don't everyone lose sight of this just because there is a strong possibility we go out of the Champions League and the title run-in potentially becomes underwhelming. A few comments in this thread after the game suggesting that all we would have to look forward to was some meaningless fixtures in the League because we've walked it just doesn't seem right to me!
      It doesn't take a great deal of success for the levels of entitlement to ramp right up!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #580: Mar 04, 2020 05:17:40 pm
      Last two games imo we've looked a little gassed. Whether we like it or not this has become our sticky patch, we could do with a win Saturday just to get back on track performance wise.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #581: Mar 04, 2020 05:45:56 pm

Couldn't agree more. Every game following clinching the title should be a massive celebration.

That said, it's obviously not good to have lost three on the bounce, conceding goals we really should not concede. Whilst last night was probably the best performance of the three, it was still disappointing to lose in the manner we did, and having now not scored in three games.

The best teams in the world have blips - we were well overdue one - but the best teams also bounce back quickly, so the game on the weekend becomes very important, especially ahead of what is now an even more pressurised return leg against Madrid.

This team has constantly surpassed my expectations and I look forward to them getting right back at it on Saturday.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #582: Mar 04, 2020 06:20:52 pm
      Last two games imo we've looked a little gassed. Whether we like it or not this has become our sticky patch, we could do with a win Saturday just to get back on track performance wise.

I think the lads have been on full bore since the RM defeat in the CL and  2 defeats in 66 EPL games something had to give so hopefully a timely blip and now they will be ready for the important part of the season.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #583: Mar 04, 2020 06:25:09 pm

It's always the same few who never say much when we're winning games who pop up to have a whingefest when we lose.

The FA Cup is a nice bauble, and more to the point, a good day out for fans, but it's small stuff really compared to our main target, which will give us a platform on another level to continue building on.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #584: Mar 04, 2020 06:59:54 pm

I think the fatigue is more in our players' heads than in their legs (easy for me to say sitting on the couch eating pretzels I get it), but agree a return to winning ways will serve as a refresher.

As for the league being done (not said by you), I understand we are in the best position but a winning team doesn't start neglecting league games for another competition. You finish each race properly and there are still steps to take.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #585: Mar 04, 2020 07:16:42 pm
      I think the fatigue is more in our players' heads than in their legs (easy for me to say sitting on the couch eating pretzels I get it), but agree a return to winning ways will serve as a refresher.

As for the league being done (not said by you), I understand we are in the best position but a winning team doesn't start neglecting league games for another competition. You finish each race properly and there are still steps to take.

that's the hardest thing to overcome staleness or just mental fatigue. I doubt they are physically tired but the relentless pursuit of winning every game must at some point cause problems. There is I would suggest far more pressure on the attackers than any other player as they are constantly reminded when they last scored etc. I think the last couple of weeks will be a watershed moment and it will start against Bournemouth with a big win and a feeling of thank F**k for that by the players
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #586: Mar 04, 2020 07:30:24 pm
      The league is finished.  We've already won.  Now we focus our efforts on a CL repeat!!

He havent won F**k all.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #587: Mar 04, 2020 10:59:18 pm
      Quote from heimdall
      so we should be happy about losing two games on the bounce, what about if we lose to Atletico as well, are we still not allowed to complain?

You were complaining when we were winning because apparently it wasn't convincing enough, so when we don't win, you have a great time spamming the match thread every few minutes.

We lost one game at Watford. We've lost at Watford before, Klopp has lost at Watford before, it's nothing new. We move on.

We lost a game at Chelsea. We've lost at Chelsea before, we once went 15 years without a win at Chelsea before, it's nothing new. And with much stronger teams than the one we fielded for this game also.

We lost a game in Europe. We've lost in Europe before, Klopp has lost in Europe before, it's nothing new. We still have a chance to render the loss irrelevant.

We are 22 points clear of the field with 10 games remaining. We should not be worried about anything. If we are worried, I would not like to think how the teams in the relegation zone are feeling.

The one positive from this result though, is that the game against Palace will go ahead as scheduled. Another game nearer bringing a long lost friend, the English League Title back home where it belongs.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #588: Mar 05, 2020 12:42:40 am
      cu*ts!!!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #589: Mar 05, 2020 06:56:54 am
      You were complaining when we were winning because apparently it wasn't convincing enough, so when we don't win, you have a great time spamming the match thread every few minutes.

We lost one game at Watford. We've lost at Watford before, Klopp has lost at Watford before, it's nothing new. We move on.

We lost a game at Chelsea. We've lost at Chelsea before, we once went 15 years without a win at Chelsea before, it's nothing new. And with much stronger teams than the one we fielded for this game also.

We lost a game in Europe. We've lost in Europe before, Klopp has lost in Europe before, it's nothing new. We still have a chance to render the loss irrelevant.

We are 22 points clear of the field with 10 games remaining. We should not be worried about anything. If we are worried, I would not like to think how the teams in the relegation zone are feeling.

The one positive from this result though, is that the game against Palace will go ahead as scheduled. Another game nearer bringing a long lost friend, the English League Title back home where it belongs.

F***ing hell. Poetry, that.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #590: Mar 05, 2020 06:57:12 am
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #591: Mar 05, 2020 09:22:34 am

Hell yes. Until the day we bring Kylian Mbappe and Son Heung Min onboard. Someone will be upset with everything.

Let me expose something:
      So you are happy with that scrappy win?
      So you are happy that we dropped two points?
      So you are happy that we lost?
      So you are happy we do not have Mbappe and Son on our team?
      So you are happy with players who take things lightly?
      So you’re happy with Divock Origi and Adam Lallana?

Hell yes. We are very happy with Klopp and all the things that he has done for us. We are happy for all that the players have put in till now. 22 point gap and winning the league.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #592: Mar 05, 2020 09:59:59 am
      Hell yes. Until the day we bring Kylian Mbappe and Son Heung Min onboard. Someone will be upset with everything.

Let me expose something:
      So you are happy with that scrappy win?
      So you are happy that we dropped two points?
      So you are happy that we lost?
      So you are happy we do not have Mbappe and Son on our team?
      So you are happy with players who take things lightly?
      So you’re happy with Divock Origi and Adam Lallana?

Hell yes. We are very happy with Klopp and all the things that he has done for us. We are happy for all that the players have put in till now. 22 point gap and winning the league.

Do you think Klopp is happy with all those things? If not then why should anyone else be?

I will always look for improvements in the team, guess what so does Jürgen. That doesn't mean I am not amazed by this fantastic team, just that I want it to be the every best it can be, and it currently it isn't.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #593: Mar 05, 2020 06:01:58 pm
      Jesus Christ! We've lost a few games, it was always going to happen. We have played 46 games so far this Season, 46 F***ing games, games in other continents to boot. What this squad have achieved thus far is absolutely phenomenal. So much yet to come as well.

There isn't a team in history that has won every game they have ever played. It is impossible, that's the reason it has never happened, ever.

Let's just be grateful that we are alive and witnessing the building of another Liverpool dynasty. For 30 years i have suffered without witnessing us become crowned League Title winners. Well it looks like this will be the year.

It's about the League, it's always been about the League. Yes i would love us to win every competition we enter but at the moment we don't have the squad to compete on all fronts. That time will come soon.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #594: Mar 06, 2020 01:09:43 pm
      Quote from harrydunn08

Hate this stuff. Not this post specifically, but all these experts and pundits who keep telling us the league is won, and laughing at those of us who dare question it. It makes it feel that when the time comes, it will be some sort of anti-climax, when it is something we've waited, wanted, demanded and begged for 30 years.

That doesn't mean I think we won't win the league. I fully expect us to finish the job, but the thing is, it still has to be done, and I keep saying that to everyone who tells me it's over. The points we have atm is not enough, so there's still work to do. It may be 12 points, we may not even need that many in the end, but atm we still need it, and we have to keep a lid on our feelings until we get it. Then we can focus on the European Cup.

Quick Reply