Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

New Ticketing Website for Next Season

Read 4500 times
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      New Ticketing Website for Next Season
      Mar 05, 2020 11:14:09 am
      Big changes on the ticketing front:

Liverpool FC is overhauling its ticket-buying process ahead of next season by investing in innovative, industry-leading technology to improve ticket distribution and the way supporters can access Anfield.

As part of the clubā€™s ongoing commitment to constantly improve how fans can buy and use tickets, LFC has partnered with leading mobile-focused ticketing platform SeatGeek to improve the performance of its ticketing website and make for a smoother fan experience during peak sale times.

During the clubā€™s future Membersā€™ sales, the new platform will offer supporters a more efficient and simplified buying experience when applying for the matches they would like to attend.

It also boasts a more dynamic queuing system to manage traffic volumes during busy periods and will give fans more clarity on where they are in the buying process through live updates and improved communication.

Focused on improving the mobile fan experience, the platform not only allows supporters to purchase through their mobile devices but will also support mobile access at the turnstiles for match e-tickets for fans wishing to move away from physical paper tickets.

Phil Dutton, vice president, ticketing and hospitality at LFC, said: ā€œAfter listening to fan feedback and following extensive discussions with supporters at our fan forums, we have been making various changes behind the scenes to the way we run our Membersā€™ ticket sales and the technology we use when welcoming supporters to Anfield.

ā€œWe understand how important it is for fans to get the opportunity to purchase tickets for matchdays and weā€™re committed to constantly improving our ticket-buying service and overcoming any issues still remaining.

ā€œWhen considering the ticketing platform, our goal was to work with a partner that could provide world-class, innovative technology. The SeatGeek platform will help make the ticket-buying journey clearer and more efficient with better functionality. Our supporters will have an improved experience, from purchasing the ticket initially right the way through to accessing the stadium, all with the goal of improving ticket availability.ā€

Peter Joyce, managing director of EMEA Sport at SeatGeek, said: ā€œFew sports clubs in the world have the level of demand for their tickets as Liverpool FC and a key focus has been to deliver as efficient a sales process as possible and embrace the latest technology to streamline the process.

ā€œIt is a huge privilege for us to welcome Liverpool FC as a SeatGeek client and we are really excited to work with the club and continue to innovate and drive efficiencies for supporters wherever possible.ā€

SeatGeek is the industry-leading ticketing provider for the Premier League, with nine out of the 20 clubs now leveraging the SeatGeek platform.

The New York-headquartered company, which also has offices in the UK, has also seen strong momentum around the world, securing ticketing partnerships with global brands like the NFLā€™s Dallas Cowboys and New Orleans Saints, MLS teams Portland Timbers and Seattle Sounders, and the Dutch FA and PSV Eindhoven.

The new platform will launch for season ticket renewals ahead of a full rollout for the 2020-21 season.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: New Ticketing Website for Next Season
      Reply #1: Mar 05, 2020 11:21:24 am
      It's in the clubs financial interests to ensure that all members get a guaranteed ticket for the game. 

Sadly this means that the days of getting 13/14 tickets a season on your member cards look numbered, although they probably already are.

TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #2: Mar 05, 2020 11:58:08 am
      It's in the clubs financial interests to ensure that all members get a guaranteed ticket for the game. 

Sadly this means that the days of getting 13/14 tickets a season on your member cards look numbered, although they probably already are.

Still achievable but it all depends on circumstance - I've got to around 15 this season on my card (all comps) (didn't get to 13+ in the PL last season so nothing was guaranteed) but I'm "lucky" in the sense that I have an office job where I'm constantly at a computer. I'm able to get in early for the sales & able to keep an auto-refresh on the ticketing website to catch the late availability drops so more often than not I'm able to get sorted. Also being local helps due to the local general / local members' sale & the fact that I'm able to get a 20 minute bus straight to the ground, so if I get sorted last minute it's not a problem.

Can understand completely people's gripe though - for a lot of people the bulk sales are the only real opportunity for them to bag tickets legitimately & it's very possible that you could end up paying your Ā£30 membership fee & sitting in front of a computer for 3 hours only to be told that everything is sold out. Unless you're able to spend hours a week on the ticketing website, or extremely, extremely lucky in the bulk sales, no chance of being able to get on the "ladder"
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,634 posts | 1559 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #3: Mar 05, 2020 12:10:44 pm
      I'm glad they're trying to sort something out, it's been a bugbear with fans for many a year, let's hope it's a fairer solution in the long run.
      Spion KOP Ultras
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #4: Apr 25, 2020 10:57:10 pm
      I can't get any tickets. I feel that this is because I'm simply unable to wakeup at 8:15 to try and buy tickets as I have got to put my education first. However, I am really happy that Liverpool are trying to make buying tickets easier.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #5: Apr 26, 2020 04:52:32 pm
      Can't ya get ya ma to do it!some feckin ultra! :aaliverpoolwz0: ;)
      Spion KOP Ultras
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #6: Apr 29, 2020 06:56:05 pm
      Can't ya get ya ma to do it!some feckin ultra! :aaliverpoolwz0: ;)

There's something called work that people must do in order to pay their bills and for their homes. We also need an education to get a job so that we can pay for things (e.g match tickets). Don't think I need to explain that.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #7: Apr 30, 2020 04:23:23 pm
      There's something called work that people must do in order to pay their bills and for their homes. We also need an education to get a job so that we can pay for things (e.g match tickets). Don't think I need to explain that.

Mate,wasn't talking about the whole shiteness of ticket buying just having a bit of a dig at someone With an 'ultra' moniker,who can't get out of bed before 8.15,most of us are already at work by then!
      Emilyjonathan
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #8: Oct 27, 2021 10:43:28 pm
      Can anyone advise a complete newbie on how to try and get tickets? Iā€™ve supported Liverpool for 30 years but only just been to my first match, England Hungary with my son who also loves football. Iā€™m desperate to take him to a club match but have no idea where to start! To be honest Iā€™m just glad my 14 year old still wants to be seen out and about with his old mum!
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #9: Oct 29, 2021 05:57:33 pm
      Can anyone advise a complete newbie on how to try and get tickets? Iā€™ve supported Liverpool for 30 years but only just been to my first match, England Hungary with my son who also loves football. Iā€™m desperate to take him to a club match but have no idea where to start! To be honest Iā€™m just glad my 14 year old still wants to be seen out and about with his old mum!

Unfortunately the club binned off general sales a few years back, so you'd firstly need to buy an annual membership from the club for both you and your lad, as all of the tickets are sold online and linked to your membership number / card. The adult membership is around Ā£25 (not too sure how much a child membership costs).

Majority of tickets for league games at Anfield are sold in Bulk through two separate members ballots (A ballot for Aug - Jan matches before the season starts & then another ballot for Jan - May matches in the Autumn)

I think you may have just missed the cutoff for the second ballot as I think it closed earlier in the week, but the club do have late availability sales for each game which give you an additional chance to purchase tickets. The demand for these sales massively outweighs the supply though, and it's not uncommon to have 15,000+ people in an online sale when there's only 500 or so tickets available. These get snapped up usually in a matter of minutes so unless you have access to a computer at the time of the sale you don't really stand much of a chance.

I know it feels like this season has only just begun, but your best bet would probably be just buying a membership before the beginning of next season, selecting every game available when the ballots come round and hope that you get lucky in one or two, as that's the easiest and certainly most stress free way of sorting tickets
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #10: Nov 11, 2021 07:44:03 pm
      I think Ive gone mad 🤪!  living in the West Country, I havenā€™t been able to get tickets for years. I saw that Stevie G was signing for Villa today, so pushed the boat out and bought two hospitality tickets for myself and my boy.
      Just hope itā€™s all genuine now. Iā€™ll be as nervous as f**k until Iā€™m in the ground now. Not cheap, never done anything like it before. A once in a lifetime excersize,
      Almost 70 now, so I think I deserve it. Certainly work hard enough for it.
      See yous all in the Sandon on 11th Dec. 👊🏻

Quick Reply