Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match: Liverpool v Bournemouth (07/03/20 - 12:30 GMT KO)

Read 10133 times
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Pre Match: Liverpool v Bournemouth (07/03/20 - 12:30 GMT KO)
      Mar 05, 2020 12:58:11 pm
      You need to start the Bournemouth pre-match thread. I did it for Watford and Chelsea and we lost both. You started it for West Ham and we won, so fulfill your duty!  :)

Been instructed by Robby to save our season so here goes....

Liverpool FC v AFC Bournemouth

Bournemouth have been quite the whipping boy to us of late, since the beginning of the 2017/2018 season we've faced them on 5 previous occasions & won every one comfortably, either by three or four goals to nil, and lead 17 - 0 on aggregate. We couldn't have asked for a better fixture to get things back on track - Although I said the same before the West Ham game & we just about managed to get over the line in that one.

The reason we do so consistently well against Bournemouth is probably down to Eddie Howe's unwillingness to defend as deeply and as structured as a lot of the other "smaller" teams in the division when coming up against the bigger sides. They'll certainly defend & play with caution, but nowhere near the level that the likes of Burnley or Newcastle would. Howe's brave approach has fared well since his promotion to the Premier League in 2014 but this season it seems to have finally come unstuck, with Bournemouth languishing in 18th place - Funnily enough, level on points (27) with both Watford & West Ham - our two previous opponents

You'd certainly expect us to win this one, but our recent form may force people not to be as bullish in their predictions. It would be nice to get another 3 or 4 nil, for aesthetic reasons alone, as it would continue our up to now five game run of winning by either of those two scorelines. You'd expect Salah to score too - he has in every single game he's played against Bournemouth (including a hat trick in the 2018 4-0 win at the Vitality) So a repeat of history would be perfect - as long as it doesn't go as far back as December 2016 - where were leading 3-1 up until the 75th minute... And went on to lose the game 4-3!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Pre Match: Liverpool v Bournemouth (07/03/20 - 12:30 GMT KO)
      Reply #1: Mar 05, 2020 01:02:52 pm
      I'm predicting 3 points here.

And I'm going to splash out with a clean sheet too.

Mane back to his best.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2: Mar 05, 2020 01:04:07 pm
      I'm predicting 3 points here.

And I'm going to splash out with a clean sheet too.

Mane back to his best.

I'm on my bended knees praying for 3 points.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #3: Mar 05, 2020 01:14:39 pm
      I think normal service will resume with a 4-1 win, although any win will do!
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #4: Mar 05, 2020 01:15:45 pm
      Bournemouth in dire straits so anybody expecting them to roll over will be disappointed. Lots of changes from midweek and I expect us to win but possibly not as easy as thought a couple of weeks ago
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5: Mar 05, 2020 01:33:19 pm
      win win win win. blip is over. :)
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #6: Mar 05, 2020 01:54:27 pm
      We have to beat this lot !! surely to Christ !
      The problem in a nutshell I have seen over the last few games is the fact that the teams who we've come up against have been a lot more physical with us....not so much as , sussed us out, more going toe to toe with us.
      Atletico Madrid bullied us
      West Ham bullied us, but we got away with it.
      Watford bullied us
      and Chelsea bullied us
      We can't cope if there's a centre forward who looks like as if he should be in a body building competition. Similar with yer man from Wolves, Traore, he's a beast.

We've had it pretty swell up to now and we haven't really tied our boxing gloves up which is why I want to see a lot more fight in our play and certain individuals, who will remain nameless, need to pull their socks up and stop strolling around the pitch like this is a done deal..

3-0 minimum on Saturday !!
      Then get ready for F**k face Costa and his Armada
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #7: Mar 05, 2020 02:05:48 pm
      One holding midfielder either Fab or Gini with Ox and Lallana supporting the front 3.

We need more creativity and need to move the ball quicker.

I want to see Trent and Robbo hitting the box with crosses as well to create panic and loose balls making them less organised as we pick up the clearances.

Simply have to win it.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #8: Mar 05, 2020 02:43:31 pm
      One holding midfielder either Fab or Gini with Ox and Lallana supporting the front 3.

We need more creativity and need to move the ball quicker.

I want to see Trent and Robbo hitting the box with crosses as well to create panic and loose balls making them less organised as we pick up the clearances.

Simply have to win it.

What is this thing people have with Lallana, I thought he was bloody awful against Chelsea, constantly getting caught on the ball or committing stupid fouls, I just don't get it, but I'm open to having my opinion changed, there's obviously something I'm missing there.

Anyway to the match I think we will win this comfortably although it might be a nervy first 10 minutes where they go gung ho at us, our recent results will have given them a lot of confidence, but surely there has to be a reaction from this team, and Bournemouth is probably the ideal team for us to play right now.

As for the team selection the only question mark is midfield and I'd actually be tempted to go with Fabinho, Ox and Minamino. I know Fabinho has been a bit ropey lately but the only way to shake that is by playing games and he is by far our best DM, especially with Hendo out.

The reason I select Ox and Minamino is that we need to be a lot more positive than in recent games, I saw good tendencies towards this against the chavs but unfortunately we just didn't have the killer touch or bit of luck needed.

I'm going for a 4-1 to us.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #9: Mar 05, 2020 03:21:22 pm
      A glut of goals and clean sheet please to stop the panic!
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #10: Mar 05, 2020 03:22:49 pm

What is this thing people have with Lallana, I thought he was bloody awful against Chelsea, constantly getting caught on the ball or committing stupid fouls, I just don't get it, but I'm open to having my opinion changed, there's obviously something I'm missing there.

Anyway to the match I think we will win this comfortably although it might be a nervy first 10 minutes where they go gung ho at us, our recent results will have given them a lot of confidence, but surely there has to be a reaction from this team, and Bournemouth is probably the ideal team for us to play right now.

As for the team selection the only question mark is midfield and I'd actually be tempted to go with Fabinho, Ox and Minamino. I know Fabinho has been a bit ropey lately but the only way to shake that is by playing games and he is by far our best DM, especially with Hendo out.

The reason I select Ox and Minamino is that we need to be a lot more positive than in recent games, I saw good tendencies towards this against the chavs but unfortunately we just didn't have the killer touch or bit of luck needed.

I'm going for a 4-1 to us.

I don't have a thing with Llallana - its him or Minamino but the main crux of my point was we don't need 2 holders and we need more creativity and drive in the middle.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #11: Mar 05, 2020 03:25:09 pm
      A 3  0 victory against Bournemouth on Saturday, with more importantly 3 points !
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #12: Mar 05, 2020 03:34:07 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

Klopp seems to be most concerned about our defending so I like this formation. Because of Hendo's injury, he won't be able to rest Robertson (needs Milner in midfield), but I think Fabinho starts this one on the bench. Virgil needs a break.

I see Keita is back in training so hopefully he isn't injured between now and Saturday. Mane didn't rest Tuesday so I think he starts this one on the bench and Jürgen seems to like Ox as a forward again (and honestly, Divock has been poor of late).

I would love to see Curtis Jones in the front three with Bobby and Mo, but doubt it will happen.

Possession and solid defending to start, and the goals will follow.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #13: Mar 05, 2020 03:51:16 pm
      Not used to the losing feeling and am not enjoying it.

5-0 COYR
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #14: Mar 05, 2020 04:06:47 pm
      Decent win here and we'll be back on track, everybody's nerves will be calmed and we can look forward to Atletico.. I'm taking Utd to beat City also
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15: Mar 05, 2020 04:14:43 pm
      I don't have a thing with Llallana - its him or Minamino but the main crux of my point was we don't need 2 holders and we need more creativity and drive in the middle.

OK cool, but I have seen some people who are desperate to shoehorn Adam into any team, I just find it a bit odd. Its kind of like fast food, if you haven't had it in a while then you crave it but after the first bite you remember why its been so long since you last bought it! :-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16: Mar 05, 2020 04:19:40 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

Klopp seems to be most concerned about our defending so I like this formation. Because of Hendo's injury, he won't be able to rest Robertson (needs Milner in midfield), but I think Fabinho starts this one on the bench. Virgil needs a break.

I see Keita is back in training so hopefully he isn't injured between now and Saturday. Mane didn't rest Tuesday so I think he starts this one on the bench and Jürgen seems to like Ox as a forward again (and honestly, Divock has been poor of late).

I would love to see Curtis Jones in the front three with Bobby and Mo, but doubt it will happen.

Possession and solid defending to start, and the goals will follow.

I really don't want to take any risks in this match, so defence stays as it is, possibly when we are a couple up we can bring Joel on for Virg but not until then. As for midfield I get what you are saying about Fabinho, but the only way he gets match sharp again is by playing games and this should be a more relaxed game than Watford or Chelsea. I would however possibly play him next to Gini for a little bit more protection and play Keita as the AM if he's fit again, otherwise I'd go with Minamino or Ox. Forward three is as normal but please please can one of them have a good game again.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #17: Mar 05, 2020 04:44:10 pm
      Hate to use the cliche but A must win! We've just been in such a funk recently need a bit of style,bit of class and all that good stuff,it's a shitty before breakfast kick off so coffee and lots of it for me.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #18: Mar 05, 2020 05:15:30 pm
      Significant improvement needed that’s for sure.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #19: Mar 05, 2020 05:48:22 pm
      F**k it, play the kids, and watch all those nobs in the media trip over themselves trying to get the biggest dig in, there’s  plenty of games left to win No19 so let’s keep them kunts in a frenzy by keeping the title open, can you imagine Ratboy et al getting all excited thinking we’re F***ing it up  :lmao:....

......Only Fookin kidding  :lmao...Lets get this done ASAP,  more importantly let’s get back on track starting with poor old Bournemouth,

How far away is Hendo...anyone?  We’ve missed him more than most will admit, his drive & energy, his leadership etc, and we’re better balanced with him linking things up ,
      I’m torn between playing Fabinho or Lallana in the 6 role, Truthfully Fab has been f***in pants recently but is it a case of him trying to find his rhythm after injury or a total drop in form ?

Against B’mouth I think we can afford to use Lallana in there, with Gini & the Ox , usual suspects up front , ditto at the back,

Alisson

Trent Gomez Virgil Robbo

Fab/Lallana

Chambo.        Gini

Salah.   Bobby.  Mane

Got to get back to winning ways, and B’mouth provides the perfect game to regain our confidence before A Madrid, really can’t see anything other than a convincing win for the mighty Redmen.

3-0 almost Champions

YNWA

ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #20: Mar 05, 2020 06:32:33 pm
      Can’t see us losing at home.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #21: Mar 05, 2020 06:35:03 pm
                Alisson
      TAA Gomez VVD Robbo
       Lallana Gini Milner
         Salah Bob Mane

Fab and AOC imo have been v poor of late, so would give Milly and Lallana a run.
      Don't think Origi has done enough to get a place, even with the front 3 not clicking.
      Just need to get the 3 points, get a bit of confidence back, steady the ship.
      League is not won yet - lets just get it done.
      COYRs !!! :)
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #22: Mar 05, 2020 07:14:00 pm
      Milner at LB for me give Robbo  a rest

Quick Reply