Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match: Liverpool v Bournemouth (07/03/20 - 12:30 GMT KO)

Read 10125 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Pre Match: Liverpool v Bournemouth (07/03/20 - 12:30 GMT KO)
      Reply #46: Mar 06, 2020 12:20:51 pm
      Just get the 3 points, don't care how.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #47: Mar 06, 2020 12:49:45 pm
      I will be Radio silent mate. What is funny is the way so many of you young things are getting all in a state because we lost a few games. Anyone over the age of 40 will know we never make things easy for the fans you know like giving Barca a 3 goal start or Milan the same start in a final.
      We will get over the line but I wont celebrate until its done I cant even think about the CL the EPL is the most import trophy to us for 30 years.
      When we do cross that line we will be reigning EPL, CL, and World Champions regardless of what happens in the CL. That's quite a Stat.

So true, when do LFC ever do it the easy way! Throw in the Aiaves 5-4 UEFA Cup final win, 2 late Mikey Owen goals to steal the FA cup from the gooners, penalties to win the league cup that year, the Gerrard final, Olympiakos, pens to beat Cardiff in the league cup final the list goes on.....

But here we are 30 points clear of the pack at the beginning of March!!!
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #48: Mar 06, 2020 01:11:39 pm
      I will be Radio silent mate. What is funny is the way so many of you young things are getting all in a state because we lost a few games. Anyone over the age of 40 will know we never make things easy for the fans you know like giving Barca a 3 goal start or Milan the same start in a final.
      We will get over the line but I wont celebrate until its done I cant even think about the CL the EPL is the most import trophy to us for 30 years.
      When we do cross that line we will be reigning EPL, CL, and World Champions regardless of what happens in the CL. That's quite a Stat.
      Get the F***ing radio on mate,the radio Merseyside reception is pretty blob on once you hit brum.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #49: Mar 06, 2020 01:23:43 pm
      No doubt about it, this is a must win game and i fully expect us to.

5-0

Allison

TAA  Gomez   VVD Robbo

Fab   Hendo  Gini

Salah   Bobby  Mane

back to winning ways lads!!!!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #50: Mar 06, 2020 01:26:11 pm
      No doubt about it, this is a must win game and i fully expect us to.

5-0

Allison

TAA  Gomez   VVD Robbo

Fab   Hendo  Gini

Salah   Bobby  Mane

back to winning ways lads!!!!

Is Henderson fit?

Haven't kept up over the last few days.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #51: Mar 06, 2020 01:27:17 pm
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #52: Mar 06, 2020 01:30:40 pm
      Is Henderson fit?

Haven't kept up over the last few days.

I think the only injury is to big Shaq.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #53: Mar 06, 2020 01:34:29 pm
      https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1235921071611744257?s=21

He'll be out until next week, but I'm confident that Adrian can do the job.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #54: Mar 06, 2020 01:34:57 pm
      Alisson will miss tomorrow’s game due to a muscle injury. Doubt for Wednesday too
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #55: Mar 06, 2020 01:37:29 pm
      Alisson being out is a massive blow. The drop off in quality was evident on Tuesday night.

Hendo a maybe for Atletico but definitely out tomorrow.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #56: Mar 06, 2020 01:37:32 pm
      https://old.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/fedic7/klopp_quotes_from_the_bournemouth_prematch_press/

Alisson Becker ruled out of tomorrow's game with a muscle injury. A doubt for Atletico Madrid. "We will see," says Jürgen Klopp.

Klopp: "Henderson has a chance for Atletico but not Bournemouth. Shaq is not involved. Alisson is out. He had a little incident before Chelsea then we thought we won't take any risks. He is out and we will see, next week for sure."

“Alisson has suffered a muscle problem in the hip. You could all work still but not for a pro goalkeeper."

Klopp: "Winning gives you confidence, losing takes it away that is normal. One defeat feels like two not a massive difference it is just how you get back on track. You can do that by working hard. We have to fight to get back on track. We have to do that as a unit."

Klopp: "Opponents play against us is not new, it is the same, a defensive block and counters with set pieces. Bournemouth are dangerous from them so we have to 100% spot on. We have to play football, force a way through, switch sides, create space and protect it perfectly."

“Nothing would be different if we had have won or lost. That is just what we do."

Klopp: "We have to create the right atmosphere tomorrow and use it. It's about fighting back with an atmosphere that is really exceptional."

Klopp: "The Anfield influence is much bigger than I thought but I realised that awhile ago. It doesn't feel like we've won the last 22 [at home]. We don't ignore whatever happens to us we just have to create the atmosphere and use it. Everyone needs the right mindset for that. It’s about fighting back with an atmosphere that is really exceptional.”

Klopp: "We face an opponent who are fighting for the league. Their frontline is back now and they are in a tough moment. We respect that, we wish them all the best but not tomorrow. It's not about records it's about making it possible to win tomorrow."

Klopp: "You can't hope for momentum, we work for it. It's a comfortable space between games, we will try everything for that [Atletico] game. We have to work for it all. It would be great if we could use [a win] tomorrow."

Klopp: "We had a big meeting after Watford and Chelsea. I said after the game I liked a lot of the game. We conceded two goals, two situations we didn't like. It was an intense game otherwise, completely fine. Difficult to say when you've lost but it is truth."

Klopp: "As a team we have to be ready to try things that might not work out. That is how it is, we have take risks. If you don't you decrease your own chances. Hopefully the crowd will be ready as well. As good as possible, I am sure."

Klopp: "I saw a reaction in the Chelsea game. It's just carry on. Do it with higher intensity, higher concentration levels."

Klopp: "It's difficult not to create headlines [for me]. I am not that much in the mood but I am not blind. I see that we haven't scored, we haven't taken it for granted before but it is about how we set up and do things. How good we deal with little set-backs in football."

Klopp: "We know if we perform on our highest level it will be difficult for Bournemouth. Let's not forget that. We don't go there and think we can tick the box and carry on, we are 100% focused.

Klopp: "Our training has been good. The boys who played at Chelsea they have recovery sessions, that is sports science. Not the day to show reaction. I get it but the only answer we can give is on the pitch. We cannot speak about all the things we talk about."

“It is my job to help the players to be back where we want to be and where we feel we belong. We will give them all that help. Today, we train, make a lineup and play football."

Klopp: "It is a coincidence [the run has come after the break]. Any different in the analysis? No."

Klopp on comments on League Cup: "Obviously it is a tradition so how can I say we should scrap it? It is important for the Football League clubs financially. How can I say it is not important? We need a solution. Lesser games are possible with little changes."

Klopp on Alisson: "I don't want to say no [for Merseyside derby] but I am not sure. We have to judge the situation next week

« Last Edit: Mar 06, 2020 01:54:55 pm by sms1986 »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #57: Mar 06, 2020 01:41:14 pm
      Alisson will miss tomorrow’s game due to a muscle injury. Doubt for Wednesday too

Oh for fucks sake, so its Adrian in goal against Atletico, they'll be told to shoot straight at him, even Bournemouth get a boost from that news.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #58: Mar 06, 2020 01:42:50 pm
      Oh for fucks sake, so its Adrian in goal against Atletico, they'll be told to shoot straight at him, even Bournemouth get a boost from that news.

I trust Adrian much more than I would have trusted other second-choice keepers we've had. It's a blow to lose Alisson but I reckon our defence and Adrian can do what is necessary.
      « Last Edit: Mar 06, 2020 01:55:12 pm by sms1986 »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #59: Mar 06, 2020 01:45:29 pm
      I trust Adrian much more than I would have trusted other second-choice keepers we've had. It's a blow to lose Alisson but I reckon our defence and Adrian can do what is necessary.

Yes, he's better than Migs but I thought he was poor for both of Chelsea's goals, especially the first one, obviously, but even the second I thought was maybe saveable.
      We should still have enough for Bournemouth, although I'd be surprised by a clean sheet, but Atletico suddenly got a lot more difficult.

To think that fans of other teams say we are lucky with injuries!!
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #60: Mar 06, 2020 01:49:52 pm
      Yes, he's better than Migs but I thought he was poor for both of Chelsea's goals, especially the first one, obviously, but even the second I thought was maybe saveable.
      We should still have enough for Bournemouth, although I'd be surprised by a clean sheet, but Atletico suddenly got a lot more difficult.

To think that fans of other teams say we are lucky with injuries!!

We overturned a 3-0 deficit against Barcelona without Salah and Firmino, I think we can overturn a 1-0 deficit against Atletico without Alisson.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #61: Mar 06, 2020 01:54:31 pm
      Klopp said Becker is out tomorrow and next week for sure . Sounds like hes missing the Madrid game :(
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #62: Mar 06, 2020 01:55:50 pm
      Klopp said Becker is out tomorrow and next week for sure . Sounds like hes missing the Madrid game :(

He will, but Adrian is a good keeper and we should have Henderson back by then too.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #63: Mar 06, 2020 01:55:54 pm
      We overturned a 3-0 deficit against Barcelona without Salah and Firmino, I think we can overturn a 1-0 deficit against Atletico without Alisson.

Yes of course its possible but if they score a cheap goal then we need to score 3, if they get 2 then we need to get 4 against the meanest defence in the world, for this game defence is almost more important than attack and losing Alisson is a huge blow.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #64: Mar 06, 2020 01:56:28 pm
      We go with what we have and we get behind the lads and Anfield will understand tomorrow they have a massive role to play by making it as noisy as possible and to sing their hearts out 3 points is all that matters not the league not the performance not the number of goals just the 3 points
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #65: Mar 06, 2020 01:56:32 pm
      Have to question klopp's training methods.more muscle injuries
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #66: Mar 06, 2020 01:57:42 pm
      Have to question klopp's training methods.more muscle injuries

Could it not just be down to fatigue?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #67: Mar 06, 2020 01:57:59 pm
      He will, but Adrian is a good keeper and we should have Henderson back by then too.

How many clean sheets did we have with Adrian in goal?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #68: Mar 06, 2020 01:58:51 pm
      Could it not just be down to fatigue?

How the F**k does a GK get fatigued??

Quick Reply