Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match: Liverpool v Bournemouth (07/03/20 - 12:30 GMT KO)

Read 10129 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Pre Match: Liverpool v Bournemouth (07/03/20 - 12:30 GMT KO)
      Reply #92: Mar 06, 2020 04:16:58 pm
      Yes but look at our form then compared to now. Adrian wouldnā€™t have played under this pressure before, especially the pressure of Atletico.
      Adrian comes into this game on the back of probably his worst performance for us.

Don't worry he's mature enough to take it on the chin. With Anfield behind him, it's different.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #93: Mar 06, 2020 04:17:56 pm
      Yes but look at our form then compared to now. Adrian wouldnā€™t have played under this pressure before, especially the pressure of Atletico.
      Adrian comes into this game on the back of probably his worst performance for us.

Pressure?it's F***ing Bournemouth at Anfield not Chelsea in the super cup final!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #94: Mar 06, 2020 04:59:25 pm
      I was talking more in general about the team and muscle issues.

I wish somebody else would get fatigued...
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #95: Mar 06, 2020 05:01:20 pm
      Yes he sits on his arse all day at Melwood drinking tea,  the drills the goalkeepers do are not for the faint hearted they have to be incredibly fit and have immense core strength

Should switch to cranberry juice, then he wouldn't have the gut backup issues.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #96: Mar 06, 2020 05:02:41 pm

Pressure?it's f**king Bournemouth at Anfield not Chelsea in the super cup final!

Pressure because of our form. Remember, it was ā€œf**king Watfordā€ last week, people were predicting that to be easy and look what happened, we got twatted and ripped apart. The whole team is under pressure to get back to winning ways after a piss poor few results lately and Adrian is coming into this game on the back of playing a large part in our defeat to Chelsea.
      Weā€™ve just lost our unbeaten run, have 3 defeats in 4 games and playing poor. If you donā€™t think pressure comes with that then thatā€™s up to to you but Iā€™m taking nothing and no opponent for granted as a given.

Underestimate Bournemouth all you like but they are picking up their form and have proven before they can hold their own against the better teams.

Take nothing for granted because thereā€™s plenty of pressure coming with this game whether itā€™s just Bournemouth or Chelsea. Complacency probably played its part last week and maybe we should have shown more respect to Watford instead of assuming weā€™d smash them and ending up on the end of a hiding.

« Last Edit: Mar 06, 2020 05:11:18 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #97: Mar 06, 2020 05:03:34 pm

I think the mistake against Chelsea was a one-off. I'm more concerned that we don't give the ball away on the edge of our own area like we did on that goal.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #98: Mar 06, 2020 05:17:31 pm
      Pressure because of our form. Remember, it was ā€œf**king Watfordā€ last week, people were predicting that to be easy and look what happened, we got twatted and ripped apart. The whole team is under pressure to get back to winning ways after a piss poor few results lately and Adrian is coming into this game on the back of playing a large part in our defeat to Chelsea.
      Weā€™ve just lost our unbeaten run, have 3 defeats in 4 games and playing poor. If you donā€™t think pressure comes with that then thatā€™s up to to you but Iā€™m taking nothing and no opponent for granted as a given.

Underestimate Bournemouth all you like but they are picking up their form and have proven before they can hold their own against the better teams.

Take nothing for granted because thereā€™s plenty of pressure coming with this game whether itā€™s just Bournemouth or Chelsea. Complacency probably played its part last week and maybe we should have shown more respect to Watford instead of assuming weā€™d smash them and ending up on the end of a hiding.

Only bonus is we're at home not away!
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #99: Mar 06, 2020 05:27:06 pm
      Tell you what lads, I'm thankful for Adrian could have been Karius.  ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #100: Mar 06, 2020 06:08:10 pm
      Adrian will be fine, no reason to get all worked up for no real reason at this point.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #101: Mar 06, 2020 06:39:45 pm
      We're lucky to have a 2nd choice keeper now who has performed better for us than the most of the 1st choice keepers we've had for many many years.
      In saying that, Alisson is a loss, course he is, best keeper in the world.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #102: Mar 06, 2020 06:42:07 pm
      Tell you what lads, I'm thankful for Adrian could have been Karius.  ;D

Watch your language on here. this is a public forum!  ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #103: Mar 06, 2020 07:19:57 pm
      Watch your language on here. this is a public forum!  ;D

don't know whats got into him mate using language like that thankfully he didn't say mig,,,,,,,,,
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #104: Mar 06, 2020 08:52:52 pm
      Adrian gonna become a cult hero on Wednesday when he helps us advance to the next stage.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #105: Mar 06, 2020 08:58:15 pm
      I expect us to win in style against Bournemouth tomorrow, putting the lads in the mood to overturn Athletico Madrid's slender lead on Wednesday.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #106: Mar 06, 2020 10:27:05 pm
      Back on track tomorrow lunchtime boys, business at the Kop end will resume comfortably.
      Must take Bournemouth seriously though and keep our heads, an early goal will settle any nerves and then the floodgates will open.
      Confident win and performance will stand us in good stead for Wednesday's massive game.

Any win and a clean sheet would be extremely nice. Go redmen !!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #107: Mar 06, 2020 10:37:08 pm
      So true, when do LFC ever do it the easy way! Throw in the Aiaves 5-4 UEFA Cup final win, 2 late Mikey Owen goals to steal the FA cup from the gooners, penalties to win the league cup that year, the Gerrard final, Olympiakos, pens to beat Cardiff in the league cup final the list goes on.....

But here we are 30 points clear of the pack at the beginning of March!!!

Alaves, what a crazy night that was and thank F**k for the Golden Goal.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #108: Mar 07, 2020 12:17:50 am
      After our recent poor showings, Iā€™m hedging my bets here.
      It seems everyone has sussed we donā€™t like to be pressed and harried. Just like we do to teams, and for the bus Parkerā€™s, weā€™ve gone backwards regards breaking them down. Or high line gets higher as the centre backs push up to try and influence the play. Thatā€™s when we are vulnerable to a pacy counter.
      Yeah Joes quick, and VVD is no slouch, but when someone has a five yard start on you because you pushed up just a bit too far, and our poor passing gives the ball away.
      Hey, I try to be a glass half full type, but it seems weā€™re not learning from our mistakes. We need to be patient, and if thereā€™s no room behind the 10 man wall to get the wing backs into, we need to cut through the middle, but our one touch, on the move passing has to improve.
      Hoping Anfield will make the difference and praying for a 3-0 win. Anything that gets 3 points will do, but an impressive score will build a bit of confidence for Wednesday.
      By no means a formality this, we need to respect these and up our concentration.
      Now we know we are beatable, we just need a huge reaction tomorrow.
      Underestimate these at our peril !
      We go a goal down and it will feel like our world has collapsed.
      macbk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts | 64 
      Reply #109: Mar 07, 2020 12:29:37 am
      We must get out of this bad funk we're in. It's the only way it'll make waking up at 7:30AM New York time tomorrow worth it  :f_doh: .
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #110: Mar 07, 2020 01:30:44 am
      coyr just win  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      LFC007
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts | 17 
      Reply #111: Mar 07, 2020 03:48:56 am
      Good chance for Adrian to get into rhythm. If I am JĆ¼rgen I'd play with the midfield I intend to bring against Atletico. If Keita is available I'd play him, otherwise Ox (along Hendo and Fab - hope Hendo is available). Against Atletico we need a more vertical approach and Gini isn't that.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #112: Mar 07, 2020 04:48:19 am
      CRISIS @ ANFIELD.....ALISSON OUT......HOW THE F**k ARE WE GOING TO COPE ?.......sh*t ! ......

......ADRIAN IN GOAL......HOLY sh*t....HE CONCEDED V CHAVS.....TWICE.....HOLY f***in sh*t......

.....WE GOT Bā€™MOUTH NEXT......@.. HOME......OK.....THEN ....ATLETI......AW FFs.....ADRIAN ..V...ATLETI...

.....WE MIGHT NEED 4.....

Thatā€™s just a summary of the last two pages, itā€™s so bad for us Iā€™ve composed a brilliant poem ...to get us through this Crisis weā€™re all in......I apologise in advance.....

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM, DOOM DOOM DOOM
                                 DOOM DOOM, DOOM DOOM
                                DOOM DOOM DOOM !.............thanks Baldrick.

YNWA
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #113: Mar 07, 2020 05:19:20 am
      Adrian gonna become a cult hero on Wednesday when he helps us advance to the next stage.

He'll be a hero for all the cults out there... 😂 No seriously even with Alisson I've been thinking we'll need at least 3 to progress which I think we can/will, if we get a couple they'll have to come out and play a bit which could leave them open. Three points today, will give us that little lift we need after last week especially when Utd beat City tomorrow..
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #114: Mar 07, 2020 08:42:46 am
      Probably no Keita, apparently his brother died in a team bus crash along with others. Think the count was 8 dead but not 100% sure. Sorry I havenā€™t a link, wouldnā€™t know how to put in on anyway.
      Sad times for Naby if that's correct.
      My lad showed me the news report, so Iā€™m sure itā€™s good.

Quick Reply