Voting closed: Mar 11, 2020 02:25:44 pm

Liverpool 2-1 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 5564 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,669 posts | 397 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #400: Mar 07, 2020 06:43:42 pm
      Thinking Hendo, Gini and Fab for midweek.

No Keita or Ox ? We need at least two goals lacking a bit of creativity 
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,412 posts | 1359 
      Reply #401: Mar 07, 2020 06:51:16 pm
      No Keita or Ox ? We need at least two goals lacking a bit of creativity

Control the middle with those three and the goals will come.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,841 posts | 1690 
      Reply #402: Mar 07, 2020 06:57:43 pm
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,759 posts | 2254 
      Reply #403: Mar 07, 2020 07:04:42 pm
      Control the middle with those three and the goals will come.

Not if they block off the FB's, we have to have at least one attacking midfielder. I'd be tempted to play Minamino or Origi instead of Bobby and have Keita or Oxastge AM together with Hendo and Fabinho.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,388 posts | 4325 
      Reply #404: Mar 07, 2020 07:30:26 pm

that's called thinking outside the box what we need to know is who let him out and could they put him back in it.
      sms1986
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 877 posts | 279 
      Reply #405: Mar 07, 2020 07:31:31 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,372 posts | 614 
      Reply #406: Mar 07, 2020 08:19:20 pm
      Not if they block off the FB's, we have to have at least one attacking midfielder. I'd be tempted to play Minamino or Origi instead of Bobby and have Keita or Oxastge AM together with Hendo and Fabinho.

You haven’t got a clue have you
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,976 posts | 956 
      Reply #407: Mar 07, 2020 08:48:09 pm
      22 wins in a row in the league at Anfield.

Despite the poor last week, this is one hell of a team.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,915 posts | 581 
      Reply #408: Mar 07, 2020 09:07:02 pm
      If Hendo is fit I'd go Hendo,Gini and Lallana if no H...then Fabio,Gini and Lallana. Think the Ox when teams sit deep can be anonymous a little bit..can hit those low scud drives but Lallana looks for the ball a bit more, has a trick or two, and is full of beans, fresh as a daisy. Could just be the right player at the right match.

The other thing is teams have twigged that our back 4 get high when we attack and if they leave one or two pacy players lurking with intent, we can be vulnerable to the quick break out. It's happened several times in the last half dozen games, we have to watch we don't get caught out.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 764 posts | 75 
      Reply #409: Mar 07, 2020 09:42:15 pm
      Weds, unleash the Genga,   just go at them
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,759 posts | 2254 
      Reply #410: Mar 07, 2020 09:58:17 pm
      If Hendo is fit I'd go Hendo,Gini and Lallana if no H...then Fabio,Gini and Lallana. Think the Ox when teams sit deep can be anonymous a little bit..can hit those low scud drives but Lallana looks for the ball a bit more, has a trick or two, and is full of beans, fresh as a daisy. Could just be the right player at the right match.

The other thing is teams have twigged that our back 4 get high when we attack and if they leave one or two pacy players lurking with intent, we can be vulnerable to the quick break out. It's happened several times in the last half dozen games, we have to watch we don't get caught out.

Lallana also loses the ball and gives away stupid fouls plus he hardly ever scores. I'd much rather play Ox than Lallana, but is Keita a possibility?
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,759 posts | 2254 
      Reply #411: Mar 07, 2020 10:00:01 pm
      So I've now watched the whole match and I thought we were pretty good, much better than the last few games, still a bit sloppy with our passing in final third but that's mostly down to Bobby being out of form.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,915 posts | 581 
      Reply #412: Mar 07, 2020 10:04:48 pm

Can't see the Boss leaving Gini and Bobby out. Think it will be Hendo and Gini or Fabio and Gini with Keita,Ox and Lallana in contention as the attacking midfielder. Front 3 will be the usual suspects.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,915 posts | 581 
      Reply #413: Mar 07, 2020 10:18:25 pm
      Lallana also loses the ball and gives away stupid fouls plus he hardly ever scores. I'd much rather play Ox than Lallana, but is Keita a possibility?

The Ox didn't get into double figures in league goals at Arsenal and has about 1 in 10 here. Lallana better than 1in 5 at Soton (48) and 1 in 5 here when he played 30 or so leagues games so Lallana offers as much goal threat as the Ox.

It's likely that the Ox will get the nod but he hasn't scored that many throughout his career.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,057 posts | 4277 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #414: Mar 07, 2020 10:29:37 pm
      The Ox didn't get into double figures in league goals at Arsenal and has about 1 in 10 here. Lallana better than 1in 5 at Soton (48) and 1 in 5 here when he played 30 or so leagues games so Lallana offers as much goal threat as the Ox.

It's likely that the Ox will get the nod but he hasn't scored that many throughout his career.

Why are you using stats from 3+ years ago for Lallana? It’s quite clear he’s no longer able to contribute any significant amount of goals or assists anymore.
      Not forgetting either that Ox was very much in and out of the team at Arsenal, as well as getting shifted to play RB on many occasions.

Also, Ox isn’t the only one never to get into double figures for goals in the league because Lallana has never done it either, in fact he hasn’t over the whole of a season combined.

Lallana doesn’t have a 1 in 5 with us either, in all comps it’s about 1 in 8, for the league it’s about 1 in 7. The highest amount of goals he’s gotten in a season for us is 8, 1 more than Ox currently has. Lallana has 1 goal in his last 53 appearances.

Ox has 5 goals in 11 games in Europe for us, Lallana has 3 in 24 so by your logic, Ox is actually the one who should get the nod vs Atletico.

Poor comparison to be making, especially when you are skewing the stats by including Lallana’s league goals in the Championship and League 1.
      « Last Edit: Mar 07, 2020 10:42:57 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,841 posts | 1690 
      Reply #415: Mar 07, 2020 10:33:25 pm
      Why are you using stats from 3+ years ago for Lallana? It’s quite clear he’s no longer able to contribute any significant amount of goals or assists anymore.
      Not forgetting either that Ox was very much in and out of the team at Arsenal, as well as getting shifted to play RB on many occasions.

Also, Ox isn’t the only one never to get into double figures for goals in the league because Lallana has never done it either.
      Poor comparison to be making.

Totally agree, painful reading that post
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,915 posts | 581 
      Reply #416: Mar 07, 2020 11:09:39 pm

Also, Ox isn’t the only one never to get into double figures for goals in the league because Lallana has never done it either, in fact he hasn’t over the whole of a season combined.

Lallana doesn’t have a 1 in 5 with us either, in all comps it’s about 1 in 8, for the league it’s about 1 in 7. The highest amount of goals he’s gotten in a season for us is 8, 1 more than Ox currently has. Lallana has 1 goal in his last 53 appearances.

Ox has 5 goals in 11 games in Europe for us, Lallana has 3 in 24 so by your logic, Ox is actually the one who should get the nod vs Atletico.

Poor comparison to be making, especially when you are skewing the stats by including Lallana’s league goals in the Championship and League 1.

I was clearly quoting league stats..and more importantly I was assessing Lallana's goal threat to Ox's goal threat and I pointed out that Lallana has clearly shown he has at least matched the Ox and indeed has a much higher goal tally.And I clearly said when he has played 30 odd per season. .

Ox has a career goal tally of 42...Lallana has a career goal tally of 82.

Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,915 posts | 581 
      Reply #417: Mar 07, 2020 11:13:11 pm
      Totally agree, painful reading that post

Painful..what IS painful about saying I'd give Lallana a game and H claims Lallana hardly ever scores compared to The Ox...try reading the post correctly instead of coming out with thoughtless remarks.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,915 posts | 581 
      Reply #418: Mar 07, 2020 11:16:43 pm

Taken out of context...miss quoted...arguing over points I never made..matching stats to suit your argument..overreaction to me just saying I might give Lallana a shout. No problem for me if it's Ox or Keita.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,841 posts | 1690 
      Reply #419: Mar 07, 2020 11:21:36 pm
      Painful..what IS painful about saying I'd give Lallana a game and H claims Lallana hardly ever scores compared to The Ox...try reading the post correctly instead of coming out with thoughtless remarks.

I’m a Lallana fan, never dig him out like most people on here. Totally happy if he starts over Ox. Just your context and positioning was weird mate
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,057 posts | 4277 
      Reply #420: Mar 07, 2020 11:26:13 pm
      I was clearly quoting league stats..and more importantly I was assessing Lallana's goal threat to Ox's goal threat and I pointed out that Lallana has clearly shown he has at least matched the Ox and indeed has a much higher goal tally.And I clearly said when he has played 30 odd per season. .

Ox has a career goal tally of 42...Lallana has a career goal tally of 82.

Taken out of context...miss quoted...arguing over points I never made..matching stats to suit your argument..overreaction to me just saying I might give Lallana a shout. No problem for me if it's Ox or Keita.

No, you've just used stats that are 3 years out of date for one player, whilst also including stats in lower divisions which make up the bulk of Lallana's goals.
      Seeing as you were using incorrect stats and missing things such as 1 goal in the last 53 appearances for one player, I'd say it was you trying to get things to suit your argument.

Yes Ox has a career total of 42 goals, a career that to this date has seen him spend the ages of 16/17 in the lower divisions and everything else in the Premier League and at times playing right back. Lallana spent 6 seasons in the lower divisions and 47 of his 82 goals came in them them divisions, that's over half of them and in about 250 of his 447 games.

Also using just league stats for what reason? We have a Champions League game next, and Ox has a significantly better record in Europe for us than what Lallana has so why are you choosing not to mention that?

Not bothered about you preferring Lallana to start, just don't use skewed and also incorrect stats to try and back up your argument for him over Ox when in actual fact, Lallana, for the last 3 years and 53 games has a whopping goal threat of 1.
      « Last Edit: Mar 07, 2020 11:37:31 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,935 posts | 3122 
      Reply #421: Mar 07, 2020 11:31:20 pm
      Cant believe any one would pick Lallana for his goal threat 🤣
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,915 posts | 581 
      Reply #422: Mar 07, 2020 11:36:57 pm
      I’m a Lallana fan, never dig him out like most people on here. Totally happy if he starts over Ox. Just your context and positioning was weird mate

I didn't say I wanted Lallana in because he has a better goal threat that the Ox. I said Lallana shows for the ball more, is fresh, has looked lively and against a team sitting in might be a better option than The Ox, who can be a bit anonymous at times. It's why he get hooked on the hour mark.

This is likely to be a siege situation and yes the Ox can score from distance I don't feel he's at his best in these situations. Lallana can be a bit unorthodox and we might need a bit of something a bit different. The goal comparison I admit was a bit contrived but Lallana has at least matched the Ox.in goals etc. It was a reply to H and a throaway remarks he made.

Sorry if I got a bit grumpy over it. We are all a bit jumpy lately.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,915 posts | 581 
      Reply #423: Mar 07, 2020 11:38:29 pm
      Cant believe any one would pick Lallana for his goal threat 🤣

I didn't...follow the thread...!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,057 posts | 4277 
      Reply #424: Mar 07, 2020 11:45:33 pm
      I didn't say I wanted Lallana in because he has a better goal threat that the Ox. I said Lallana shows for the ball more, is fresh, has looked lively and against a team sitting in might be a better option than The Ox, who can be a bit anonymous at times. It's why he get hooked on the hour mark.

That's exactly what you were saying... and then based it on stats from 3 years ago and lower divisions.

But look, ultimately it doesn't matter who is selected so long as they do the job, I think we will all agree on that.

Quick Reply