Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Bmouth?

Adrián
      2 (2.2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      68 (75.6%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      7 (7.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      12 (13.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: Mar 11, 2020 02:25:44 pm

Liverpool 2-1 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 24718 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: Mar 07, 2020 10:29:37 pm
      The Ox didn't get into double figures in league goals at Arsenal and has about 1 in 10 here. Lallana better than 1in 5 at Soton (48) and 1 in 5 here when he played 30 or so leagues games so Lallana offers as much goal threat as the Ox.

It's likely that the Ox will get the nod but he hasn't scored that many throughout his career.

Why are you using stats from 3+ years ago for Lallana? It’s quite clear he’s no longer able to contribute any significant amount of goals or assists anymore.
      Not forgetting either that Ox was very much in and out of the team at Arsenal, as well as getting shifted to play RB on many occasions.

Also, Ox isn’t the only one never to get into double figures for goals in the league because Lallana has never done it either, in fact he hasn’t over the whole of a season combined.

Lallana doesn’t have a 1 in 5 with us either, in all comps it’s about 1 in 8, for the league it’s about 1 in 7. The highest amount of goals he’s gotten in a season for us is 8, 1 more than Ox currently has. Lallana has 1 goal in his last 53 appearances.

Ox has 5 goals in 11 games in Europe for us, Lallana has 3 in 24 so by your logic, Ox is actually the one who should get the nod vs Atletico.

Poor comparison to be making, especially when you are skewing the stats by including Lallana’s league goals in the Championship and League 1.
      « Last Edit: Mar 07, 2020 10:42:57 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #415: Mar 07, 2020 10:33:25 pm
      Why are you using stats from 3+ years ago for Lallana? It’s quite clear he’s no longer able to contribute any significant amount of goals or assists anymore.
      Not forgetting either that Ox was very much in and out of the team at Arsenal, as well as getting shifted to play RB on many occasions.

Also, Ox isn’t the only one never to get into double figures for goals in the league because Lallana has never done it either.
      Poor comparison to be making.

Totally agree, painful reading that post
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #416: Mar 07, 2020 11:09:39 pm

Also, Ox isn’t the only one never to get into double figures for goals in the league because Lallana has never done it either, in fact he hasn’t over the whole of a season combined.

Lallana doesn’t have a 1 in 5 with us either, in all comps it’s about 1 in 8, for the league it’s about 1 in 7. The highest amount of goals he’s gotten in a season for us is 8, 1 more than Ox currently has. Lallana has 1 goal in his last 53 appearances.

Ox has 5 goals in 11 games in Europe for us, Lallana has 3 in 24 so by your logic, Ox is actually the one who should get the nod vs Atletico.

Poor comparison to be making, especially when you are skewing the stats by including Lallana’s league goals in the Championship and League 1.

I was clearly quoting league stats..and more importantly I was assessing Lallana's goal threat to Ox's goal threat and I pointed out that Lallana has clearly shown he has at least matched the Ox and indeed has a much higher goal tally.And I clearly said when he has played 30 odd per season. .

Ox has a career goal tally of 42...Lallana has a career goal tally of 82.

Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #417: Mar 07, 2020 11:13:11 pm
      Totally agree, painful reading that post

Painful..what IS painful about saying I'd give Lallana a game and H claims Lallana hardly ever scores compared to The Ox...try reading the post correctly instead of coming out with thoughtless remarks.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #418: Mar 07, 2020 11:16:43 pm

Taken out of context...miss quoted...arguing over points I never made..matching stats to suit your argument..overreaction to me just saying I might give Lallana a shout. No problem for me if it's Ox or Keita.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #419: Mar 07, 2020 11:21:36 pm
      Painful..what IS painful about saying I'd give Lallana a game and H claims Lallana hardly ever scores compared to The Ox...try reading the post correctly instead of coming out with thoughtless remarks.

I’m a Lallana fan, never dig him out like most people on here. Totally happy if he starts over Ox. Just your context and positioning was weird mate
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #420: Mar 07, 2020 11:26:13 pm
      I was clearly quoting league stats..and more importantly I was assessing Lallana's goal threat to Ox's goal threat and I pointed out that Lallana has clearly shown he has at least matched the Ox and indeed has a much higher goal tally.And I clearly said when he has played 30 odd per season. .

Ox has a career goal tally of 42...Lallana has a career goal tally of 82.

Taken out of context...miss quoted...arguing over points I never made..matching stats to suit your argument..overreaction to me just saying I might give Lallana a shout. No problem for me if it's Ox or Keita.

No, you've just used stats that are 3 years out of date for one player, whilst also including stats in lower divisions which make up the bulk of Lallana's goals.
      Seeing as you were using incorrect stats and missing things such as 1 goal in the last 53 appearances for one player, I'd say it was you trying to get things to suit your argument.

Yes Ox has a career total of 42 goals, a career that to this date has seen him spend the ages of 16/17 in the lower divisions and everything else in the Premier League and at times playing right back. Lallana spent 6 seasons in the lower divisions and 47 of his 82 goals came in them them divisions, that's over half of them and in about 250 of his 447 games.

Also using just league stats for what reason? We have a Champions League game next, and Ox has a significantly better record in Europe for us than what Lallana has so why are you choosing not to mention that?

Not bothered about you preferring Lallana to start, just don't use skewed and also incorrect stats to try and back up your argument for him over Ox when in actual fact, Lallana, for the last 3 years and 53 games has a whopping goal threat of 1.
      « Last Edit: Mar 07, 2020 11:37:31 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #421: Mar 07, 2020 11:31:20 pm
      Cant believe any one would pick Lallana for his goal threat 🤣
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #422: Mar 07, 2020 11:36:57 pm
      I’m a Lallana fan, never dig him out like most people on here. Totally happy if he starts over Ox. Just your context and positioning was weird mate

I didn't say I wanted Lallana in because he has a better goal threat that the Ox. I said Lallana shows for the ball more, is fresh, has looked lively and against a team sitting in might be a better option than The Ox, who can be a bit anonymous at times. It's why he get hooked on the hour mark.

This is likely to be a siege situation and yes the Ox can score from distance I don't feel he's at his best in these situations. Lallana can be a bit unorthodox and we might need a bit of something a bit different. The goal comparison I admit was a bit contrived but Lallana has at least matched the Ox.in goals etc. It was a reply to H and a throaway remarks he made.

Sorry if I got a bit grumpy over it. We are all a bit jumpy lately.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #423: Mar 07, 2020 11:38:29 pm
      Cant believe any one would pick Lallana for his goal threat 🤣

I didn't...follow the thread...!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #424: Mar 07, 2020 11:45:33 pm
      I didn't say I wanted Lallana in because he has a better goal threat that the Ox. I said Lallana shows for the ball more, is fresh, has looked lively and against a team sitting in might be a better option than The Ox, who can be a bit anonymous at times. It's why he get hooked on the hour mark.

That's exactly what you were saying... and then based it on stats from 3 years ago and lower divisions.

The Ox didn't get into double figures in league goals at Arsenal and has about 1 in 10 here. Lallana better than 1in 5 at Soton (48) and 1 in 5 here when he played 30 or so leagues games so Lallana offers as much goal threat as the Ox.

It's likely that the Ox will get the nod but he hasn't scored that many throughout his career.

But look, ultimately it doesn't matter who is selected so long as they do the job, I think we will all agree on that.

Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #425: Mar 07, 2020 11:47:27 pm
      No, you've just used stats that are 3 years out of date for one player, whilst also including stats in lower divisions which make up the bulk of Lallana's goals.
      Seeing as you were using incorrect stats and missing things such as 1 goal in the last 53 appearances for one player, I'd say it was you trying to get things to suit your argument.

Yes Ox has a career total of 42 goals, a career that to this date has seen him spend the ages of 16/17 in the lower divisions and everything else in the Premier League and at times playing right back. Lallana spent 6 seasons in the lower divisions and 47 of his 82 goals came in them them divisions, that's over half of them and in about 250 of his 447 games.

Also using just league stats for what reason? We have a Champions League game next, and Ox has a significantly better record in Europe for us than what Lallana has so why are you choosing not to mention that?

Not bothered about you preferring Lallana to start, just don't use skewed and also incorrect stats to try and back up your argument for him over Ox when in actual fact, Lallana, for the last 3 years and 53 games has a whopping goal threat of 1.

My argument was NOT that Lallana is a better goal threat..my goal comparison was a bit contrived but it was a reply to H who started the goal threat argument.

I was saying that Lallana  IMO might be the better option against packed defence, seige situations. I more or less claimed, looking at both career's Lallana has at least matched the Ox. And you can move stats about but that is a fair opinion regarding their respective goal tally.

It's more than likely to be the Ox or Keita..I back both of these players. But we might just need something different...maybe...mayb e not..

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #426: Mar 07, 2020 11:57:54 pm
      My argument was NOT that Lallana is a better goal threat..my goal comparison was a bit contrived but it was a reply to H who started the goal threat argument.

I was saying that Lallana  IMO might be the better option against packed defence, seige situations. I more or less claimed, looking at both career's Lallana has at least matched the Ox. And you can move stats about but that is a fair opinion regarding their respective goal tally.

It's more than likely to be the Ox or Keita..I back both of these players. But we might just need something different...maybe...mayb e not..

Against a packed defense, in the first 60 mins you want Ox, as a battering ram.

Then when they are tiring, you bring on Lallana, with quick feet, ability to hold the ball up, and excellence in tight spaces.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #427: Mar 08, 2020 01:51:32 am
      I just watched the match again and have to say, we didn't play badly at all. Their opening goal is a refereeing travesty. The chance that Milner cleared, well yes that is a bad giveaway from Fabinho, but Adrian did his part and Milner his. The chance at the very end is no chance at all because the player is definitely offside. Those are the rules.

Beyond that we responded to the adversity very well to get the lead back. Then we had so many other chances: Mo finds Milner, Bobby through on goal, Mo shot saved at near post, Milner cross from in tight, Bobby cross misses Mane at far post, Mane hits the goal post, Ox with a shot on target and finally good work from Mo to create a chance for Bobby that he totally missed. Overall, the team looked much more like itself. I think Adrian did alright as well. So often in the pre-match we say, three points however we can get it - well that's what we've done today.

Fab-Gini-Hendo was a winning midfield against Barcelona last year after Milner switched to left back when Robbo was injured. Different opponent of course but I think it will work Wednesday because we must guard against the counter as well as create chances.
      « Last Edit: Mar 08, 2020 01:58:36 am by Robby The Z »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #428: Mar 08, 2020 08:08:06 am
      Well I posted what a good steal it was from Gini, and it was Sadio. Just saw on motd.
      I was watching in mini mode on my phone though. Apologies to Sadio for creating s great chance.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #429: Mar 08, 2020 11:00:18 am
      I just watched the match again and have to say, we didn't play badly at all. Their opening goal is a refereeing travesty. The chance that Milner cleared, well yes that is a bad giveaway from Fabinho, but Adrian did his part and Milner his. The chance at the very end is no chance at all because the player is definitely offside. Those are the rules.

Beyond that we responded to the adversity very well to get the lead back. Then we had so many other chances: Mo finds Milner, Bobby through on goal, Mo shot saved at near post, Milner cross from in tight, Bobby cross misses Mane at far post, Mane hits the goal post, Ox with a shot on target and finally good work from Mo to create a chance for Bobby that he totally missed. Overall, the team looked much more like itself. I think Adrian did alright as well. So often in the pre-match we say, three points however we can get it - well that's what we've done today.

Fab-Gini-Hendo was a winning midfield against Barcelona last year after Milner switched to left back when Robbo was injured. Different opponent of course but I think it will work Wednesday because we must guard against the counter as well as create chances.

Spot on, I thought we were pretty good, just couldn't find that 3rd goal. Our interplay in the final third is stil uncoordinated which I find weird, it should be like clockwork, these guys should know each others movements by now.

All in all much better performance and fully deserved 3 points.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #430: Mar 08, 2020 11:45:45 am
      Did not see any of the game or even the highlights, but seemingly 3 hard earned points and a giant stride in wrapping up winning the title.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #431: Mar 08, 2020 11:53:18 am
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #432: Mar 08, 2020 11:54:50 am
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #433: Mar 08, 2020 03:09:48 pm
      But VAR is so inconsistent. Clearly a push in the back on Joe for their goal..one week it gets it right..the next a complete howler. The inconsistency is ruining what could be a good system.

I'll be honest I didn't think it was that much of a push and should of be dealt with by Gomez. He slowed down thinking he had more time that he actually had. Easiest thing would of been deal with it and put it in row 60.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #434: Mar 08, 2020 03:11:19 pm
      Well I posted what a good steal it was from Gini, and it was Sadio. Just saw on motd.
      I was watching in mini mode on my phone though. Apologies to Sadio for creating s great chance.

The pass to Salah was awful, lucky Salah did as well as he could, but the original pass from Mane to Salah wasn't a good one.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #435: Mar 08, 2020 05:36:49 pm
      I'll be honest I didn't think it was that much of a push and should of be dealt with by Gomez. He slowed down thinking he had more time that he actually had. Easiest thing would of been deal with it and put it in row 60.

I am of the same opinion, Gomez wasn't ready to engage in a battle and Wilson with minimal contact threw him off. Gomez just didn't read the situation right.

The game wasn't bad performance wise though would of liked to see more created in terms of shots and chances but I do like the clinical nature that Mane and Salah shown when given a chance. We are going to need that going into the UCL match because I expect early on it will be slim pickings and if they give us a inch through mistake we have to make them pay.

In the end another 3 points and step closer to the title
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #436: Mar 08, 2020 05:39:39 pm

It wasn't impressive on Gomez's part for sure but still a clear foul. Wilson made no effort to play the ball and it was a shove not a push for me.

At least this LiVARpool sh*te can be put to bed now.

Quick Reply