Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Bmouth?

Adrián
      2 (2.2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      68 (75.6%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      7 (7.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      12 (13.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: Mar 11, 2020 02:25:44 pm

Liverpool 2-1 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 24733 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: Mar 08, 2020 05:42:24 pm
      It wasn't impressive on Gomez's part for sure but still a clear foul. Wilson made no effort to play the ball and it was a shove not a push for me.

At least this LiVARpool sh*te can be put to bed now.

Tbh watching the replay on telly before it looked more of a push than it did from my angle from kop yesterday.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #438: Mar 08, 2020 06:19:02 pm
      I just saw the match because I was super busy yesterday. When knowing the result, keeps you into perspective. I saw that we were after the result and nothing more.

MOTM was Milner but Salah's goal was vital.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #439: Mar 08, 2020 07:54:38 pm
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #440: Mar 08, 2020 10:47:44 pm
      We got over the line just in a very difficult game, never easy when your playing teams in the bottom half of the table who are fighting for every point.
      We move on now only needing two more wins, can't believe I'm saying that actually, waited so long, 30 years is almost a lifetime seemingly.

Have to say that I am worried about Wednesday, just hope that Hendo is back, we need some steel in that midfield.

6 points is all we need and it's only the beginning of March  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #441: Mar 08, 2020 11:44:38 pm
      Forgot to come in here and say GET THE FUCKKKKKKK INNNNNNN

Thank F**k Milner was there, what a save, have a feeling if that was Robbo, no way is that being cleared as Andy is so predominantly left footed, he probably would have knocked it into our own net.

James Milner MOTM without question. Great having such a Leader back in the match day squad.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #442: Mar 09, 2020 02:37:18 am
      Foul on Wilson all day long. Sure Joe could have dealt better but a push in the back by a defender on someone playing the ball will ALWAYS get called. But not surprising considering who was reffing.

That said, good response and a vital win. League just about wrapped up.....in March.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #443: Mar 09, 2020 07:44:05 am
      On that foul on joe. Been said if the ref missed it, how on earth could VAR miss it. ?
      VAR isn’t a scientific calculation of issues. Whatever it shows or recalls, is still down to the operator to call the decision. If that individual isn’t completely impartial, VAR isn’t worth a wankers.
      In this incident, the official or officials, clearly have an agenda against Liverpool.
      There was no doubt whatsoever that it was a foul, to not call it, made a huge statement, that they should never be trusted to be in control of var decisions again.
      Isn’t there 3 individuals who check var together. That one of them didn’t call it is unbelievable.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #444: Mar 09, 2020 08:23:29 am
      We got over the line just in a very difficult game, never easy when your playing teams in the bottom half of the table who are fighting for every point.
      We move on now only needing two more wins, can't believe I'm saying that actually, waited so long, 30 years is almost a lifetime seemingly.

Have to say that I am worried about Wednesday, just hope that Hendo is back, we need some steel in that midfield.

6 points is all we need and it's only the beginning of March  :kop5cf8koxp6:

If Henderson isn’t fit I would 100% stick Milner in there mate. That leadership was vital against Bournemouth
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #445: Mar 09, 2020 08:37:42 am
      Fukin great win !!

Back on track. Milner outstanding.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #446: Mar 09, 2020 10:01:13 am
      If Henderson isn’t fit I would 100% stick Milner in there mate. That leadership was vital against Bournemouth

Yes I agree with that, we need Milner's experience and guile if Hendo is not fit.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #447: Mar 09, 2020 11:16:22 am
      On that foul on joe. Been said if the ref missed it, how on earth could VAR miss it. ?
      VAR isn’t a scientific calculation of issues. Whatever it shows or recalls, is still down to the operator to call the decision. If that individual isn’t completely impartial, VAR isn’t worth a wankers.
      In this incident, the official or officials, clearly have an agenda against Liverpool.
      There was no doubt whatsoever that it was a foul, to not call it, made a huge statement, that they should never be trusted to be in control of var decisions again.
      Isn’t there 3 individuals who check var together. That one of them didn’t call it is unbelievable.

Starting to sound like, unless a referee was completely unsighted, the VAR won't over turn it. They basically are covering for one another. They use the subjective "clear and obvious error" languàge to justify every decision.

For the officials, getting it right is secondary to not being made to look bad
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #448: Mar 09, 2020 12:39:49 pm

Apparently, the ref saw it, didn't think it was a foul, so VAR couldn't overturn as "no clear and obvious error".

In other words, they are using it to cover the refs back.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #449: Mar 09, 2020 12:44:39 pm
      Yes I agree with that, we need Milner's experience and guile if Hendo is not fit.

Henderson was training normally yesterday so he's likely going to be available. Robertson will likely be back too.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #450: Mar 09, 2020 01:01:44 pm

Absolutely, all day long, Milly is such a brilliant understudy to Jordan and I trust him 100%
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #451: Mar 09, 2020 01:44:10 pm
      Starting to sound like, unless a referee was completely unsighted, the VAR won't over turn it. They basically are covering for one another. They use the subjective "clear and obvious error" languàge to justify every decision.

For the officials, getting it right is secondary to not being made to look bad

ref watch which is usually quite good. Dermot said he would probably given a foul, but some refs wouldnt. seems its opinions whether a push is hard enough. ffs. its was a push thats enough. can see he was shoved quite hard, enough to throw him off his stride.

Quick Reply