Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Atletico?

Adrián
      6 (7.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (3.9%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (5.2%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      32 (41.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      6 (7.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      16 (20.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      7 (9.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (2.6%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Voting closed: Mar 15, 2020 10:33:10 pm

Liverpool 2-3 Atletico Madrid (AET): In game and Post Match discussion

Read 38674 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Liverpool 2-3 Atletico Madrid (AET): In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #713: Mar 12, 2020 12:39:44 am
      Stick your f**king sarcasm up your arse, I'm not in the f**king mood you utter crank

A bit of phychology advice if your not in the mood last place to be is a LFC forum after a loss 😂
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #714: Mar 12, 2020 12:47:55 am
      I imagine we will still be champions as I can’t see the competition concluding.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,168 posts | 6344 
      Reply #715: Mar 12, 2020 12:51:08 am
      Thought midfield was our best area of the pitch. Hendo was solid, Gini was boss with a goal and assist, Ox was really good and set up the opening goal and then Milner came on and was very good too. If anything I’d say it’s the attack that’s looking a bit weaker of late, Firmino for the entire first half was a passenger.

To be fair to Bobby, Mo and Sadio weren’t great either but it’s Bobby that’s got himself on the scoresheet. 
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,504 posts | 387 
      Reply #716: Mar 12, 2020 01:17:38 am
      I’m terms of purely keeping the ball out of the net, I actually think Oblak is the best keeper going, but everyone raving about him tonight... didn’t actually think he was that great. Got away with pushing the ball back into danger a few times.

I’ve nothing against the way they play, kinda admire it really, even the play acting I think we could do with a bit ourselves.

Partey was the standout for them.
      Redrew
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #717: Mar 12, 2020 01:49:42 am
      I’m thinking Klopp should run drills where players aim below the crossbar.

If the NFL is looking for field goal kickers, just visit Liverpool.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #718: Mar 12, 2020 02:50:24 am
      F**k all to play for now, really need to bin off away goals especially cos gonna be played behind doors

Interestingly Diego Simeone himself said the same thing after the game, that one team getting 30 extra minutes to score an away goal is unfair on the other. This really is the most archaic of rules and should go.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #719: Mar 12, 2020 03:14:47 am
      I’m thinking Klopp should run drills where players aim below the crossbar.

If the NFL is looking for field goal kickers, just visit Liverpool.

Now I know who one of the voters for Adrian for MOTM is. Annnnnnd we Ignore.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #720: Mar 12, 2020 03:18:32 am
      Off to bed now.

Just want to say how proud I am to support this club and this team after its performance tonight. We fought so hard, created so much. A combination of things got us in the end, but I thought they gave an effort worthy of the shirt.

The mistake was unfortunate, but the reaction is too harsh given some of the solid contributions Adrian has made to the team's campaign this year.

adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #721: Mar 12, 2020 04:34:00 am
      Very gutted about crashing out in the fashion we did, to play very well and after Firmino's goal have control and momentum on your side only for a bonehead play from Adrian to throw it all away. I knew when they scored that we were not coming back, if our finishing boots were in we would of never got to extra time in the first place.

It goes to show how fine the line can be toward winning and losing and how important Alisson is to the club.

Take a day or two to get over this, I didn't expect us to win the UCL but I feel we should be looking at very least QF but it is what it is.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #722: Mar 12, 2020 04:50:57 am
      Adrian and Oblak made this result. They had a world class GK, we didn't and that was the difference. Thenlads were really good IMO. Even Firmino who I thought was not involved enough scored when he needed to. I cannot blame this team, Adrian costed us the game and that's what I told my dad. We are dominating but with this GK, we won't be safe.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #723: Mar 12, 2020 06:48:09 am
      It saddens me that we lost but I am happy to know that we have already qualified for the European Champions Cup next season.We can now concentrate on the league and set some more records that we can all be proud of.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,381 posts | 3387 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #724: Mar 12, 2020 07:06:34 am
      Adrian and Oblak made this result. They had a world class GK, we didn't and that was the difference. Thenlads were really good IMO. Even Firmino who I thought was not involved enough scored when he needed to. I cannot blame this team, Adrian costed us the game and that's what I told my dad. We are dominating but with this GK, we won't be safe.

Don't forget the endless stream of missed chances. As good as oblak is then most of his saves you would expect him to make.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #725: Mar 12, 2020 07:21:31 am
      Don't forget the endless stream of missed chances. As good as oblak is then most of his saves you would expect him to make.

True, yet Atletico only needed three OK'ish shots to win, it was a game of two GK's just bad luck to us, but if Atletico had pushed earlier then they would have won easily, their brand of football is crap.
      Oh and away goals should have no place in extra time otherwise its a massive advantage to the away team.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #726: Mar 12, 2020 07:50:07 am
      Best we've played for a couple of months and it was good to see us carve out as many opportunities as we did against a team that stuck so many men behind the ball.

Just one of those games, first leg was a defensive masterclass but last night we managed about 30 attempts and realistically could have put the game easily to bed inside the 90. Think it's time to just sit back and appreciate all of the great nights that this team have given us in Europe over the last few years - even as far back as 2016, although the vast majority of that side have moved on. Last night was close to being another but it just wasn't to be - We'll be back again next season even stronger.

I do hope Atletico can go on and win the competition now. Say what you like about their style of football but the passion from their supporters and manager is brilliant - would love to see them dump out one of the oil clubs in the next round
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #727: Mar 12, 2020 07:53:45 am
      A defeat like that always hurts, especially as we got the goal we needed to win in extra time, which 99% of the time is enough, but then we gifted them the goal, I am convinced that if they didn't score at that point then we would go on to score a few more ourselves.

Anyway sh*t happens, it was one of those games where all fortune was on Atletico much as it was for us last year against Barca.

I strongly suspect that the CL will get suspended anyway.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #728: Mar 12, 2020 07:55:27 am
      You have to admit with their manager & style of play they are stone in your shoe team..

Small margins last night & we could be feeling differently this morning..

Let’s get the league wrapped up..
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #729: Mar 12, 2020 07:58:14 am
      Best we've played for a couple of months and it was good to see us carve out as many opportunities as we did against a team that stuck so many men behind the ball.

Just one of those games, first leg was a defensive masterclass but last night we managed about 30 attempts and realistically could have put the game easily to bed inside the 90. Think it's time to just sit back and appreciate all of the great nights that this team have given us in Europe over the last few years - even as far back as 2016, although the vast majority of that side have moved on. Last night was close to being another but it just wasn't to be - We'll be back again next season even stronger.

I do hope Atletico can go on and win the competition now. Say what you like about their style of football but the passion from their supporters and manager is brilliant - would love to see them dump out one of the oil clubs in the next round

I hope Atletico get dumped out in the next round, I despise their brand of football, completely negative cynical sh*t house football, I find nothing to admire in it. Its one thing being a team like Burnley who have to set up defensive to have any chance of winning but when you have fabulous footballers who you shackle to defence then its a crime against football.
      BTW if we replayed that tie another 5 times then we'd win it 5 times, we are clearly the better team, they just met us at a time where we had a dip in form in the first game and a key injury in the second game.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #730: Mar 12, 2020 08:08:30 am
      I hope Atletico get dumped out in the next round, I despise their brand of football, completely negative cynical sh*t house football, I find nothing to admire in it. Its one thing being a team like Burnley who have to set up defensive to have any chance of winning but when you have fabulous footballers who you shackle to defence then its a crime against football.
      BTW if we replayed that tie another 5 times then we'd win it 5 times, we are clearly the better team, they just met us at a time where we had a dip in form in the first game and a key injury in the second game.

I don't want Barcelona or Bayern Munich winning another one as they'd then move onto 6 with us and I certainly don't want the likes of City or PSG & their financially doped squads getting anywhere near a European Cup so it's Atletico for me
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 874 posts | 102 
      Reply #731: Mar 12, 2020 08:13:17 am
      the stages were painful

1st we're getting beat over two legs
      then were winning the match and drawing over two legs
      then were winning the match and winning on agg
      then were winning the match and losing on agg
      then were drawing the match and losing on agg
      then were losing the match and losing on agg

I think thats the way of it.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,480 posts | 1487 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #732: Mar 12, 2020 08:21:15 am
      Morning Redmen. Still hurting. But on reflection, boy did we play well! Gini was outstanding.

Hope Adrian is feeling ok. Bad night for him, but not as if he set out to deliberately mess up.

Let's smash the toffees. 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #733: Mar 12, 2020 08:22:55 am
      the stages were painful

1st we're getting beat over two legs
      then were winning the match and drawing over two legs
      then were winning the match and winning on agg
      then were winning the match and losing on agg
      then were drawing the match and losing on agg
      then were losing the match and losing on agg

I think thats the way of it.

Their second goal killed it, the lads had given all they had up to that point and were spent, Atletico could just sit back and do their blocking, so disappointing but it happens, its football. On another night we win that game by multiple goals in normal time.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #734: Mar 12, 2020 08:25:02 am
      Morning Redmen. Still hurting. But on reflection, boy did we play well! Gini was outstanding.

Hope Adrian is feeling ok. Bad night for him, but not as if he set out to deliberately mess up.

Let's smash the toffees. 

I don't blame Adrian, he's simply not good enough, same as Migs and Karius, we have to get a proper understudy to Alisson in the summer, as we can't be losing like that just because we have no proper backup keeper, all top teams have decent #2 keepers except us.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #735: Mar 12, 2020 08:39:39 am
      Excellent performance, not rewarded with the result.

Not bothered with the blame game too much, but swap the keepers last night & we in 6 or 7-0.

Disappointing end to the campaign, but let's make sure we keep that intensity up next Monday & smash those bluenose c###s!!

COYR!!!

Quick Reply