Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Atletico?

Adrián
      6 (7.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (3.9%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (5.2%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      32 (41.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      6 (7.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      16 (20.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      7 (9.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (2.6%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Voting closed: Mar 15, 2020 10:33:10 pm

Liverpool 2-3 Atletico Madrid (AET): In game and Post Match discussion

Read 38238 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: Liverpool 2-3 Atletico Madrid (AET): In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #759: Mar 12, 2020 11:42:55 am
      Yes, but we should rotate a bit more than we do, if we don't have enough quality to do that then that needs to be addressed. The reason for rotating GK is not for a rest but for sharpness for the reserve GK.

I also think teams either need to get a B team like La Liga or there needs to be a proper reserve team league.

No doubt you were happy with Adrian early in the season when he kept us in games with his heroics ?

Difficult to fill the boots of a keeper like Allison. The height of expectancy after you’ve sat on the bench for 3 months must be daunting, and no top drawer keeper is gonna warm the bench when he could be playing elsewhere !
      Cock ups happen, some more costly than others.

It’s gone, Let’s move on.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #760: Mar 12, 2020 11:52:14 am
      Don't think we need to be rotating more, we've  got some of the best players on the planet which we've spent a lot of money on so you want them to be playing as regularly as possible. Rotating goalkeepers is a very risky game & rarely works out. Alisson Becker is the best keeper on the planet who deserves to be playing every game so there's no way he'd accept sitting out every 3rd match. Also effects form as keepers are left in the dark over whether they're going to be playing or not, you're #1 is then unable to get a proper run of form, riddled with anxiety about making mistakes as he knows there's somebody on call to play the next game if he does.

We tried it in the past with Dudek / Kirkland & Mignolet / Karius and it failed on both occasions

OK so we just have to hope and pray that Alisson never gets injured again then , super strategy! 

BTW my preferred solution would be for there to be a proper reserves league.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #761: Mar 12, 2020 11:52:17 am
      Truly awful substitutions again. Ox and hendo off. Should have won in normal time. Time for klopp to go. Been found out and hasn't got a clue how to resolve it

Like most on these boards fella, we have read your recent posts with total disbelief, now it’s easy to hand out criticism and to slate you for the total bollocks you spout, you very clearly have a much better idea of what needs to be done for us to progress and to take this club forward, so let’s say hypothetically that J W Henry summoned Jürgen to Boston and presented him with a little brown bag, cheers Jürgen thanks for coming,

Next day in a press conference he, Tom Werner announce that Liverpool FC are pleased to confirm that FATKOPITE10, will be the new manager of this wonderful institution...

So please, FATKOPITE10 enlighten us all with your plans and inspirations that will enhance our club forward from the dismal and pathetic situation that the previous manager has left us in. ?

f***in can’t wait for this.....!
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #762: Mar 12, 2020 11:55:49 am
      OK so we just have to hope and pray that Alisson never gets injured again then , super strategy! 

BTW my preferred solution would be for there to be a proper reserves league.

Yep that's what we currently do and we've won a European Cup & we're on our way to winning a Premier League with record points by doing it.

But obviously your strategy of benching one of (if not the) most important player every 3 games is the way to go :mad:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #763: Mar 12, 2020 12:02:36 pm
      Small margins.

Another couple of weeks of football under our belts, and the chances we missed by inches go in, and let's face it we created more than enough to win quite comfortably.

Nor am I going to be too harsh on Adrian.
      Really horrible conditions, and it's not like we haven't seen our #1 F**k up a fair few kicks this season and last.

A shame, but that's how it goes sometimes.

Now we can concentrate on the League ;)
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #764: Mar 12, 2020 12:21:53 pm
      Let me guess Heimdall is going full blast at Adrian

He made a mistake , it happens , wasn’t that long ago he helped us win a trophy

He is second choice

Last night we were outstanding- best we have played for ages - just couldnt get past a rock
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #765: Mar 12, 2020 12:28:30 pm

Like most on these boards fella, we have read your recent posts with total disbelief, now it’s easy to hand out criticism and to slate you for the total bollocks you spout, you very clearly have a much better idea of what needs to be done for us to progress and to take this club forward, so let’s say hypothetically that J W Henry summoned Jürgen to Boston and presented him with a little brown bag, cheers Jürgen thanks for coming,

Next day in a press conference he, Tom Werner announce that Liverpool FC are pleased to confirm that FATKOPITE10, will be the new manager of this wonderful institution...

So please, FATKOPITE10 enlighten us all with your plans and inspirations that will enhance our club forward from the dismal and pathetic situation that the previous manager has left us in. ?

F**kin can’t wait for this.....!

For me taking off gini was ridiculous, can see why hendo and to a lesser extent ox went off. I admit i have probably gone too far but klopp shouldn't be immune from criticism.he has done an outstanding job for us but in the last couple of weeks or so he hasn't been able to resolvr a loss of form. Yes the standard has been set incredibly high but just feel that at times we are a little predictable
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #766: Mar 12, 2020 12:29:58 pm
      Truly awful substitutions again. Ox and hendo off. Should have won in normal time. Time for klopp to go. Been found out and hasn't got a clue how to resolve it

Can't believe I missed this one  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #767: Mar 12, 2020 12:31:50 pm
      A number two at Liverpool has to do better than that though, we're basically out of two competitions in a week because of goalkeeping errors... I'd obviously have taken the PL and nothing else without a split seconds thought but we really deserved to go through last night
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #768: Mar 12, 2020 12:33:34 pm
      For me taking off gini was ridiculous, can see why hendo and to a lesser extent ox went off. I admit i have probably gone too far but klopp shouldn't be immune from criticism.he has done an outstanding job for us but in the last couple of weeks or so he hasn't been able to resolvr a loss of form. Yes the standard has been set incredibly high but just feel that at times we are a little predictable

Probably best to take it easy on the booze if posting, always my downfall 😔
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #769: Mar 12, 2020 12:39:12 pm
      Probably best to take it easy on the booze if posting, always my downfall 😔

Wish i had that excuse
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #770: Mar 12, 2020 12:40:28 pm
      Yep that's what we currently do and we've won a European Cup & we're on our way to winning a Premier League with record points by doing it.

But obviously your strategy of benching one of (if not the) most important player every 3 games is the way to go :mad:

Well perhaps if Alisson had some more matches off then he wouldn't be so often injured, I don't quite understand why it would be an issue for a GK to be rotated in the same way as we rotate other players, obviously Alisson would still be our #1 GK, much as Virgil is the #1 CB but it doesn't mean that they can't be rested from time to time. I am not a fan of having a GK sitting on a bench all season and then expecting them to suddenly perform in a CL match. GK's like all players need minutes on the pitch to stay sharp or do you disagree? Perhaps not every third match but certainly a match here or there, lets say every 6th game on average or coming on as a sub when the game is won.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #771: Mar 12, 2020 12:44:33 pm
      Let me guess Heimdall is going full blast at Adrian

He made a mistake , it happens , wasn’t that long ago he helped us win a trophy

He is second choice

Last night we were outstanding- best we have played for ages - just couldnt get past a rock

Take me off ignore and you can see for yourself snowflake, yes I am critical of Adrian, but I'm more critical that we don't have a better #2 keeper and I'd also liek to see any reserve keeper get more minutes.
      Overall though I'm just chalking this off as some bad luck on the night and sh*t happens. We've had plenty of good fortune this season but not last night.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #772: Mar 12, 2020 12:46:48 pm

It happens mate, we all are guilty of it at some point... don’t dwell on it too much & move on kiddo..

Going to smash the Toffees soon.. 👍🏼
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #773: Mar 12, 2020 12:52:24 pm
      Well perhaps if Alisson had some more matches off then he wouldn't be so often injured, I don't quite understand why it would be an issue for a GK to be rotated in the same way as we rotate other players, obviously Alisson would still be our #1 GK, much as Virgil is the #1 CB but it doesn't mean that they can't be rested from time to time. I am not a fan of having a GK sitting on a bench all season and then expecting them to suddenly perform in a CL match. GK's like all players need minutes on the pitch to stay sharp or do you disagree? Perhaps not every third match but certainly a match here or there, lets say every 6th game on average or coming on as a sub when the game is won.

Play the #2 in the domestic cups by all means, which is what we currently do.

On the subject of Van Dijk - He hasn't missed a single league game or CL fixture this season. That's because he's the best in the world and if you're serious about winning the title then every game needs to be treated like a cup final with your key players on the pitch. We've had plenty of 1 goal / 1 nil wins this season I wouldn't want to be risking those by benching some of our best players. Benitez used to love rotating the squad and it cost us a few times in title challenges, drawing games which we should have easily won. If you want more rotation then you're going to have to sacrifice the consistency and the rhythm
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #774: Mar 12, 2020 12:52:30 pm
      It happens mate, we all are guilty of it at some point... don’t dwell on it too much & move on kiddo..

I really really hope we can inject Alisson with some painkillers and get him playing for that game, Adrian's confidence must be shot to pieces right now.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #775: Mar 12, 2020 12:53:26 pm

Yeah, made a tit of myself with the klopp out stuff.frustrated and tired with a worry about the league passing us by through reasons beyond our control.just need to slap myself around the head " and think before reacting.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #776: Mar 12, 2020 12:55:22 pm
      Play the #2 in the domestic cups by all means, which is what we currently do.

On the subject of Van Dijk - He hasn't missed a single league game or CL fixture this season. That's because he's the best in the world and if you're serious about winning the title then every game needs to be treated like a cup final with your key players on the pitch. We've had plenty of 1 goal / 1 nil wins this season I wouldn't want to be risking those by benching some of our best players. Benitez used to love rotating the squad and it cost us a few times in title challenges, drawing games which we should have easily won. If you want more rotation then you're going to have to sacrifice the consistency and the rhythm

Rotation is a balancing and tricky to do well but GK's need more than a few cup games. My ideal solution, as mentioned, would be to have a proper reserves league, I don't understand why that doesn't exist, I reckon you could even televise it, as among the top clubs it would be a pretty good level.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #777: Mar 12, 2020 12:56:07 pm
      Yeah, made a tit of myself with the klopp out stuff.frustrated and tired with a worry about the league passing us by through reasons beyond our control.just need to slap myself around the head " and think before reacting.

You don't genuinely think we'll struggle to get 6 points from 9 games do you?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #778: Mar 12, 2020 12:57:44 pm

That’s not what he said, The league could be suspend, with the chance of us not lifting the title.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #779: Mar 12, 2020 01:02:48 pm
      Even if the prem is suspended I just can’t see the governing bodies hitting the reset button,there would be f***in riots,if anything I can see them putting it on hold for the foreseeable,after we beat the sh*te and palace of course.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #780: Mar 12, 2020 01:03:04 pm
      That’s not what he said, The league could be suspend, with the chance of us not lifting the title.

I think the season will be finished in one way or another, clubs would face massive financial penalties if they didn't.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #781: Mar 12, 2020 01:07:48 pm

Thinking more of our visitor from the east

Quick Reply