Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Atletico?

Adrián
      6 (7.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (3.9%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (5.2%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      32 (41.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      6 (7.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      16 (20.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      7 (9.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (2.6%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Voting closed: Mar 15, 2020 10:33:10 pm

Liverpool 2-3 Atletico Madrid (AET): In game and Post Match discussion

Read 38235 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Liverpool 2-3 Atletico Madrid (AET): In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #805: Mar 12, 2020 05:48:52 pm
      How's your campaign to get Klopp replaced going, if I was you I'd be keeping a very low profile today!!

Low profile...? Who the F**k are you..?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #806: Mar 12, 2020 05:53:03 pm
      You laugh but I honestly don't know who I'd play, I think Adrian's confidence must be completely fu**ed now, if not then its a bit weird after so many blunders recently. The problem is that I have no idea how good or bad Lonergen is. Kelleher is ok'ish but would he be better than Adrian, I'm not so sure.

how many is so many ? he is our no2 goalkeeper it is usual and  historic for Liverpool fans to get behind the lads when they need us most .However it is blatantly clear some don't get that and think its open season on the lad. We have a manager who selects the team if he thinks Adrian is our best available goalkeeper then he is our best choice but don't be too upset this summer we are going to buy Neuer and Ter Stegen as back up to prevent people like you having a hissy fit when the lads lose and spoil your evening.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #807: Mar 12, 2020 06:11:21 pm
      Look I was wrong  I completely overreacted in the last few weeks or so. Jürgen is the best thing to happen to this club for years. Apologies for pissing anyone off. Just snapped and lost the plot. Sorry folks. If you found it entertaining then fine.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #808: Mar 12, 2020 06:18:36 pm
      Look I was wrong  I completely overreacted in the last few weeks or so. Jürgen is the best thing to happen to this club for years. Apologies for pissing anyone off. Just snapped and lost the plot. Sorry folks. If you found it entertaining then fine.

Dont you worry  11000 plus posts makes you a sensible poster. Everyone has a time when they kind of lose it and say things they probably don't  mean, I've done it and others. There is always a time when emotions are like a roller coaster and and soon as you hit the post button you sometimes think oops shouldn't  have done that.
      At least you were big enough to post you made a mistake, there are a few on here who would do well to follow suit.
      YNWA.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #809: Mar 12, 2020 06:54:08 pm
      Who do we blame for the loss last night?

Our forward were not clinical. The moment the game went into extra time, it was going to take a lot to keep a clean sheet.

Moving on.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #810: Mar 12, 2020 07:07:16 pm
      We didn't take our chances last night it's that simple, we never got the gap of Two goals when we created all those chances and when we made a mistake we payed, onward and upwards
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #811: Mar 12, 2020 08:59:14 pm

I honestly didn’t know if you’ve been taking the piss or posting genuinely mate? I’m still not sure now tbh!
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #812: Mar 12, 2020 09:01:33 pm
      I kinda got over last night when I started freaking out that they might or could somehow end the season and F**k us out of the title. Just get it done quick lads, whether it’s behind closed doors or whatever just get the b***ard won
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #813: Mar 12, 2020 09:11:09 pm

Don't worry we all know how we get pissed off after a loss and let emotions get the best if us. We're 6pts away from what a lot of us have missed for 30 years, in the grand scheme of things this season, what we're about to celebrate in whatever form will put last night's defeat into perspective.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #814: Mar 13, 2020 01:46:04 am
      Gonna be honest and admit during the game I called Adrian every F***ing name imaginable when he fu**ed that up.

Still thought though, we should have taken our chances earlier and later as well and we then wouldn't be where we are now.

How Andy's header didn't go in is beyond me still and the 2 that I expected to score, Mo and Sadio didn't score in either leg so cant just single out the goalkeeper although it was a massive F**k up and it was the game changer. We were cruising and I thought we'd go on and score a couple more, think the lads did too but then just dropped their heads when that clanger happened.

We going to go hard at this Competition next year.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #815: Mar 13, 2020 08:23:38 am
      how many is so many ? he is our no2 goalkeeper it is usual and  historic for Liverpool fans to get behind the lads when they need us most .However it is blatantly clear some don't get that and think its open season on the lad. We have a manager who selects the team if he thinks Adrian is our best available goalkeeper then he is our best choice but don't be too upset this summer we are going to buy Neuer and Ter Stegen as back up to prevent people like you having a hissy fit when the lads lose and spoil your evening.

sigh, do you you even read my posts, or just get instantly triggered at seeing my name? I have said repeatedly that I do not blame Adrian, but that he is simply not good enough and we need a better #2 GK. In any case who cares the league will get suspended now and then we get Alisson back.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #816: Mar 13, 2020 08:28:12 am
      Who do we blame for the loss last night?

Our forward were not clinical. The moment the game went into extra time, it was going to take a lot to keep a clean sheet.

Moving on.

Yes the forwards did not take their chances, but when you get that crucial goal in extra time with 20 minutes to play you really should be able to cling on to victory, unfortunately we had a goalie who is totally out of form between the sticks and every shot they struck in extra time was spot on, just one of those things, it's football, we move on.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #817: Mar 13, 2020 08:55:47 am
      I can't get over some of the posts in this thread, quite pathetic really.

We absolutely demolished Athletico Madrid for 90 minutes, absolutely demolished them. On any other night we would have smashed them. As much as i love Diego Simeone as a manager it was hard watching Athletico playing such anti-football. I understand why he did do it though, no manager is going to come to Anfield on a European night and go toe to toe with us. Sit deep and try to counter. He had a plan and down to nothing but pure luck, it worked.

I'm not even getting involved in the attacks on Adrian. We put any of those ten plus chances away in normal time and this discussion doesn't even happen. We failed to take our chances and Athletico didn't. It really is that simple.

It's surprising how some of our supporters have turned lately. We've become so accustomed to winning that some people think we are now entitled to win every game we participate in. Life doesn't work like that, no team wins every game, it is impossible, that's the reason it has never happened in the history of the game and will never happen, ever.

Though not won yet it looks highly probable that we will lift the League Title this Season. If i was asked at the start of the Season which piece of silverware i would sacrifice all others for to attain then it would be the League. It's always about the League, for me anyway.

Let's be grateful for what has been an amazing Season so far. Klopp and the lads have done us proud and will contiue to do so for many years to come.

Amen.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #818: Mar 13, 2020 09:58:33 am
      I don't like Owen a lot after what he did, but I agree with him. We proved that we're still the best team of Europe. We dominated them and in 90 minutes, gave them no chance.  We were unlucky to have Alisson injured and a poor GK.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #819: Mar 13, 2020 05:51:52 pm
      We proved that we're still the best team of Europe. We dominated them and in 90 minutes, gave them no chance.  We were unlucky to have Alisson injured and a poor GK.

We got took apart in extra time though, all that attacking eventually caught up with us and with them playing very defensively, they were more fresher to pick us off.

All in all a very classic European performance that we would of appreciated back in the day.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #820: Mar 13, 2020 08:39:21 pm
      Quote from 7-King Kenny-7
      Something tells me Alisson will be playing on Monday

We have two keepers injured atm. The other two are free transfers. They're not meant to be playing at this level, but circumstances mean they must. We've apparently gone from the best back up in the league, to Arphexad standard in a couple of weeks. Knee jerk stuff.

We had 3 hours to win this tie beforehand, and it should have been won long before the main talking point. But if people want to blame someone, blame those who missed open goals beforehand and tried overheard kicks 6 yards out. Twice. Blame the centre backs for falling asleep from that corner in the first leg that created this situation, before you start blaming the reserve keeper.

As for the game, I'm not going to blame him or any other player for the outcome. I voiced my concerns about this tie when it was drawn out, I said I wasn't confident of progressing after the first leg, and we haven't. The European, Super, and World Club Cup titles have all vanished in an instant. I literally bent over backwards and fell over after Robbo missed that open goal, so unbelievable was the miss. We battered them on the night, just didn't get the breaks as usual against Atletico Madrid, with or without reserve keepers on the field.

Quote from heimdall
      That's a good point, I actually think backup GK's should get more games, why do we rotate all other positions but not GK. Obviously you'd have a main GK, Alisson, but give the reserve one every 3rd or 4th game, except for key games of course.

WTF is this? Do you know anything about what happens at this club on a daily basis, or is everything based on 90 minutes on the pitch, or 2 hours in this case?

Our designated back up keeper has played 17 first team games this season, 17, including 30% of league games, of which we've won every single one. He was signed as a reserve keeper to play domestic cup games against Milton Keynes and Shrewsbury Town, not Atletico Madrid and Napoli in the European Cup. But circumstances dictated otherwise. No gk is going to challenge Alisson here in the foreseeable future. If he's available, he plays. End of.

Apart from holding him responsible for 1 incident in 8 games, we haven't played very well in the competition in general. We won just 4 games and kept 1 clean sheet. What should have been a smooth passage through the group went down to the wire. Whether we didn't take it seriously enough, took our eye off the ball or whatever, we haven't gone about it the way we should have, and now the tournament will have to go on without us. But we've had a lot worse nights in Europe than this. Genoa 92, Brondby 95, PSG 97, Celta 98, Fiorentina 2009, and Atletico 2010 to name a few. We took it on the chin, regrouped, and moved on. As we will now. The road to St. Petersburg begins in September.
      Redrew
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #821: Mar 14, 2020 04:09:45 pm
      Now I know who one of the voters for Adrian for MOTM is. Annnnnnd we Ignore.

Seriously?
      The away team managed on-target grounders during their limited opportunities.
      The home team, despite incredible pressure on net, punted the ball into the bleachers how many times? A dozen?
      It was cringeworthy finishing that helped sink LFC, not perfect placement by AM.
      Final score should have been closer to 5-1
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #822: Mar 14, 2020 04:41:36 pm
      Now I know who one of the voters for Adrian for MOTM is. Annnnnnd we Ignore.
      [/quot

Please let me know so I can follow suit

Quick Reply