Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Coronavirus effect on football

Read 174744 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,541 posts | 3472 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Coronavirus effect on football
      Reply #1403: May 12, 2020 11:37:46 am
      I think clubs will end up playing at their own stadium. Neutral venues does look and feel a bit unnecessary.

Get them back training, get the tests done and isolate the handful of positives early.

Start the next season in September, when we win it a 20th time.

It's because quite a few stadiums in this country are in large built up residential areas, a lot of grounds in germany aren't, the neutral venues suggested were more out of town so allowing more control
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1404: May 12, 2020 01:08:00 pm
      Danny rose an interesting character. Seems to hate football.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #1405: May 12, 2020 01:13:26 pm
      BT have got the rights to the bundesliga but according to the TV guide and their app they aren't showing any matches on Saturday?

Apparently there's going to be more information today from BT on what games will be shown, they've only just been scheduled by the Bundesliga. Imagine we'll get Schalke/Dortmund from the 2.30 KO's, and the 5.30 game between Gladbach/Frankfurt.

They've got the UK rights so it will definitely, 100% be on BT.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #1406: May 12, 2020 02:11:08 pm
      Cheers mate, hopefully Dortmund as I'll be (unsurprisingly) giving my allegiance to them, at least till we're back like.

Expecting it will be the most-watched German football match if all time, here in the States anyway. Our first match in June will be the most watched Premier League match
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1407: May 12, 2020 03:21:08 pm

Danny Rose is a twisted arsehole end dosent know how lucky he is
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #1408: May 12, 2020 03:48:38 pm
      Posted at 9:289:28
      Wolves install drive-through testing

Simon Stone

BBC Sport

Wolves have become the first Premier League club to install a drive-through COVID-19 testing station for their players at their training ground.

Manager Nuno Espirito Santo and his players returned to Compton for individual sessions last week.

It is understood Wolves players are yet to use the procedure but backroom staff were tested in a process the Premier League hopes will become the template for other clubs across the league.

The procedure takes place in the car park of the training ground and takes less than a minute.

The process is part of a £4m agreement between the Premier League and Hong Kong-based genetic testing company Prenetics.

Also, it only seems to be in the Daily Fail at the moment, but when the PL returns matches will be played at their usual grounds.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,521 posts | 2874 
      Reply #1409: May 12, 2020 04:18:13 pm
      Cheers mate, hopefully Dortmund as I'll be (unsurprisingly) giving my allegiance to them, at least till we're back like.

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1260223234148106243

There you go - football's back!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1410: May 12, 2020 04:50:08 pm
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1411: May 12, 2020 05:09:48 pm
      mod lads.

Or at least move sh*t over to the budesliga,so frustrating having this as a catch all thread.Or maybe it's just me?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,263 posts | 1118 
      Reply #1412: May 12, 2020 05:09:57 pm

I'm watching all of em. My hog may or may not be out  ;D
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1413: May 12, 2020 07:16:15 pm
      The question I'd like to know is what happens when someone catches corona in the game?

It's going to happen and if all of this falls flat on its arse when a player catches it then this wont last long enough to see a game played let alone 92 games.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1414: May 12, 2020 07:28:49 pm

Hang on Danny,https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52634941.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #1415: May 12, 2020 07:34:26 pm
      Tackling will be banned, pitches disinfected and players restricted to groups of five when the Premier League starts a first phase of team training.

Official protocols sent to players and managers on Tuesday and obtained by the BBC reveal that social distancing must be "strictly observed".

Corner-flags, balls, cones, goalposts and even playing surfaces will be disinfected after each session.

League bosses hope training can begin on Monday, restricted to 75 minutes.

Ongoing surveillance measures included in further guidance include twice-weekly testing, and a daily pre-training questionnaire and temperature check.

Under a section titled 'health screening', players are also told a central register of Covid-19 test results (subject to their consent and Professional Footballers' Association agreement) will need to be maintained.

Recommended "control measures" include "meticulous personal hygiene and use of PPE [personal protective equipment], no congregation in communal areas, including but not limited to medical rooms and gym areas".

Under further stringent rules, players are told they cannot share transport with anyone to and from the training ground, and vehicle interiors should be cleaned regularly. Team vehicles and public transport should not be used.

Players are being consulted on proposed medical protocols for a return to training by the PFA. They have been given a condensed version of a 40-page document for them to digest.

The BBC understands the PFA has heard from a number of players, especially those who have underlying health conditions like asthma or who are from black and minority ethnic (Bame) backgrounds, that they have real concerns about returning to playing.

Black men and women are nearly twice as likely to die with coronavirus as white people in England and Wales, according to the Office for National Statistics.

On Wednesday, there will be a meeting between players, the Premier League, medical staff and the PFA, who will give their concerns and opinions as will the players.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52635005
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #1416: May 12, 2020 10:24:28 pm
      The question I'd like to know is what happens when someone catches corona in the game?

It's going to happen and if all of this falls flat on its arse when a player catches it then this wont last long enough to see a game played let alone 92 games.

If someone catches it where I work they don't shut the place.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1417: May 12, 2020 10:37:53 pm
      If someone catches it where I work they don't shut the place.

Nor mine, they took the van out of rotation, gave it the first proper clean in years and gave it to another driver. No surprise though, they've had people throwing up in the warehouse and asked them to finish the shift.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,281 posts | 803 
      Reply #1418: May 13, 2020 09:34:12 am
      Off topic mate, if you don't mind me asking, where do you work?

I know what you're at here, you seen one of his previous posts mentioning him selling booze, sex toys and trampolines you dirty b***ard.  :D
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 287 
      Reply #1419: May 13, 2020 11:13:17 am
      Seriously think there is some substance to the fact that it seems to be City and Spurs players who are having "safety concerns" after both clubs having unfavourable seasons. Its not as if footballers health isn't continually monitored or anything; they'll have probes so far up their jacksies they're going to be flagged as infected before they even develop any symptoms.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1420: May 13, 2020 11:17:29 am
      Seriously think there is some substance to the fact that it seems to be City and Spurs players who are having "safety concerns" after both clubs having unfavourable seasons. Its not as if footballers health isn't continually monitored or anything; they'll have probes so far up their jacksies they're going to be flagged as infected before they even develop any symptoms.

even if these footballers get infected it will be like a mild cold for most of them, they are all super fit 20-30 year old's virtually zero risk to them or their immediate families, barring grandparents of course.
      Anyway they have more chance of catching something from one of the parties these fuckwits seem incapable of resisting.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1421: May 13, 2020 11:31:18 am
      Off topic mate, if you don't mind me asking, where do you work?

UPS.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,541 posts | 3472 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1422: May 13, 2020 11:36:13 am

Your post about delivering things like sex toys etc reminds me of when a few years ago when I worked for another government department our facilities guy signed for a delivery of several large boxes. On opening them it turned out they were a consignment of prosthetic limbs which should have gone to the hospital over the road
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #1423: May 13, 2020 12:04:01 pm
      Posted at 9:159:15
      The coming days...
      So football clubs in the Premier League hope they can start training properly on Monday.

As for when games resume, no one really has clarity. Here's what is in store for the coming days.

What happens next?

Wednesday, 13 May: Professional Footballers' Association/League Managers' Association consult members on medical protocols

Thursday, 14 May: Meetings between Premier League and PFA/LMA about medical protocols

Thursday, 14 May: Meeting between Culture Secretary and football authorities

Monday, 18 May: Next Premier League meeting

Monday, 18 May: Premier League players may return to initial group training under socially distancing protocols

25 May: Uefa deadline for leagues to have finalised plan for restarting seasons

1 June: Government date for possible return of elite sport behind closed doors in England

12 June: Premier League aiming to return with first fixture
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #1424: May 13, 2020 02:44:13 pm

First off, be virtually impossible to know that someone "caught" it during a game. That being said, when a player tests positive, it does bring up an interesting dilemma....does that mean everyone that was near the player during their most recent game will have to be quarantined along with the player for 14 days (or more)? Could very well make it difficult to get all of the games in if they have to take several "quarantine breaks" for positive test results. Let's just hope that we win our two games before this sort of thing happens......
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #1425: May 13, 2020 06:49:28 pm
      Serie A are aiming for a 13th of June restart - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52654016.

Quick Reply