Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Coronavirus effect on football

Read 166480 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Coronavirus effect on football
      Reply #1610: May 24, 2020 09:00:57 pm
      You would think they would throw in the last 10 games as a gesture of goodwill..🙄

You'd of thought so Shabs wouldn't you. Had enough of the cu*ts myself. Got a firestick now, whilst pictures obvious not as good it's better than giving them my ££
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1611: May 24, 2020 10:34:40 pm
      You'd of thought so Shabs wouldn't you. Had enough of the cu*ts myself. Got a firestick now, whilst pictures obvious not as good it's better than giving them my ££

Crikey Keith .
      Not living in the Dark Ages then ?

Got a Firestick (2 in fact) for each Sony TV and an Echo Dot 3rd Gen. Alexa.

Unplugged the sat dish ....chucked the Humax .....now run everything on the Firestick with voice remote.

Simples.

£7.99 per month for Prime video TV + Unlimited Music with 60 million songs ad free

Special Offer on Firestick with Amazon ......  as with Echo Dot.
      « Last Edit: May 24, 2020 10:41:39 pm by MIRO, Reason: Dot »
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,839 posts | 701 
      Reply #1612: May 24, 2020 10:59:54 pm
      Quote from FL Red
      Those six players are likely asymptomatic and won't have any effect of having this. They'll be over it, have immunity (at least for awhile) and be able to get on with it. Not really much different than if they picked up the flu or a cold to be fair. Could some of them need medical attention....possibly, but I would bet that would be a rare thing.

3 of the 4 clubs affected have been identified so far. All 3 of them are in a relegation fight.

The players must accept to play in the current conditions. Everything will be done to make it as safe as possible, but there is no such thing as zero risk. Nobody likes it, but the alternative is their clubs folding and them out of a job. So if they want to sit there until they lose their livelihood, that's their choice. But whatever they decide, the world continues to turn and life must go on. Everyone else in society has to try their best to go about their business, in spite of the obstacles in front of them. So do footballers.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #1613: May 25, 2020 01:07:27 am

Same here. Idea of paying £60/£70 a month for the sports channels seems baffling to me in this day & age. All you need is a laptop & a decent internet connection (which most households already have). Find a stream on the laptop, plug it into the telly & you're good to go

Get the 3PM games as well so you're actually better off than if you were relying solely on your TV package
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #1614: May 25, 2020 04:29:24 am
      Dude, I arrested a violent felon on a domestic and charged him with abduction, domestic assualt, and malicious wounding. He got a bond because they said the jail wouldn't take him.
      I said to the Misses.  “work is closed and Ican’t even get arrested properly “ 😂😂😂
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1615: May 25, 2020 05:59:19 am
      I said to the Misses.  “work is closed and Ican’t even get arrested properly “ 😂😂😂

Wierd time man. You'll get it straight
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #1616: May 25, 2020 12:13:22 pm

No mate, don't think it'd be worth it with our wi-fi. Only get about 4mb download speed on a good day.

No problem streaming via the laptop but we had a firestick a while back and that buffered a lot
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1617: May 25, 2020 12:24:55 pm
      Like Jürgen said when it all broke out lets keep football and all things in focus ....

........................ ........................ .....

"For a small amount of perspective at this moment, imagine you were born in 1900.

When you are 14, World War I starts, and ends on your 18th birthday with 22 million people killed.

Later in the year, a Spanish Flu epidemic hits the planet and runs until you are 20. Fifty million people die from it in those two years. Yes, 50 million.

When you're 29, the Great Depression begins. Unemployment hits 25%, global GDP drops 27%. That runs until you are 33. The country nearly collapses along with the world economy.

When you turn 39, World War II starts. You aren’t even over the hill yet. When you're 41, the United States is fully pulled into WWII. Between your 39th and 45th birthday, 75 million people perish in the war and the Holocaust kills six million.

At 50, the Korean War starts and five million perish.

At 55 the Vietnam War begins, and it doesn’t end for 20 years. Four million people die in that conflict.
      Approaching your 62nd birthday you have the Cuban Missile Crisis, a tipping point in the Cold War.

Life on our planet, as we know it, could well have ended. Great leaders prevented that from happening.
      As you turn 75, the Vietnam War finally ends.

Think of everyone on the planet born in 1900.
                                                                                            How do you survive all of that?
      A kid in 1985 didn’t think their 85 year old grandparent understood how hard school was. Yet those grandparents (and now great grandparents) survived through everything listed above.

Perspective is an amazing art.

Let’s try and keep things in perspective.

Let’s be smart, help each other out, and we will get through all of this.

In the history of the world there has never been a storm that lasted

This ... too ... shall pass”

A Golden Sky

YNWA
      « Last Edit: May 25, 2020 07:01:48 pm by MIRO »
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1618: May 25, 2020 01:46:35 pm
      Like Jürgen said when it all broke out lets keep football and all things in focus ....

For a small amount of perspective at this moment, imagine you were born in 1900.

When you are 14, World War I starts, and ends on your 18th birthday with 22 million people killed.

Later in the year, a Spanish Flu epidemic hits the planet and runs until you are 20. Fifty million people die from it in those two years. Yes, 50 million.

When you're 29, the Great Depression begins. Unemployment hits 25%, global GDP drops 27%. That runs until you are 33. The country nearly collapses along with the world economy.

When you turn 39, World War II starts. You aren’t even over the hill yet. When you're 41, the United States is fully pulled into WWII. Between your 39th and 45th birthday, 75 million people perish in the war and the Holocaust kills six million.

At 55 the Vietnam War begins, and it doesn’t end for 20 years. Four million people die in that conflict.
      Approaching your 62nd birthday you have the Cuban Missile Crisis, a tipping point in the Cold War.

Life on our planet, as we know it, could well have ended. Great leaders prevented that from happening.

A kid in 1985 didn’t think their 85 year old grandparent understood how hard school was. Yet those grandparents (and now great grandparents) survived through everything listed above.

A Golden Sky

YNWA

That makes you think
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,824 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1619: May 25, 2020 07:07:42 pm

"For a small amount of perspective at this moment, imagine you were born in 1900.

A Golden Sky

YNWA

Think your a bit of a jinx mate, just saying like  ;)  :D  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Y  N  W  A

Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,634 posts | 1560 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1620: May 25, 2020 08:36:04 pm

A Golden Sky

YNWA

Absolutely spot on post, best I've read for a while and certainly makes you think.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1621: May 25, 2020 11:25:11 pm
      Crikey Keith .
      Not living in the Dark Ages then ?

Got a Firestick (2 in fact) for each Sony TV and an Echo Dot 3rd Gen. Alexa.

Unplugged the sat dish ....chucked the Humax .....now run everything on the Firestick with voice remote.

Simples.

£7.99 per month for Prime video TV + Unlimited Music with 60 million songs ad free

Special Offer on Firestick with Amazon ......  as with Echo Dot.

What can I say!! Dinosaur mode  :couch:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1622: May 26, 2020 10:30:16 am
      I don't understand how you would catch the virus in that circumstance, can you please explain it to me.

Apparantly one of the worse places for picking virus up is shopping and petrol stations. So even if you don't go still possible a outsider can bring it to your doorstep.

Like I've said, if there's 0.1 chance less  of me picking virus up through my paranoia them I've atleast tried my best.

Hope this helps.

Take a read of this heimdall.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11743/11994647/aaron-ramsdale-bournemouth-goalkeeper-announces-positive-coronavirus-test

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1623: May 26, 2020 10:35:49 am

Well yes if you go into supermarkets and petrol stations then the risk increases, it would be interesting to know if he wore gloves and/or mask, plus used any hand sanitiser, I suspect not.
      By the way the situation I was referring to previously was someone staying at home in isolation would catch Covid-19, I still don't see how that would happen.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1624: May 26, 2020 11:33:15 am
      Well yes if you go into supermarkets and petrol stations then the risk increases, it would be interesting to know if he wore gloves and/or mask, plus used any hand sanitiser, I suspect not.
      By the way the situation I was referring to previously was someone staying at home in isolation would catch Covid-19, I still don't see how that would happen.

Tottaly agree would love to know if he took the necessary precautions too. I posted the link just to see even following the guide lines like he's appeared to of done you can still catch it.  You can now see my paranoia and the lengths I go to avoid that 0.1 chance of infection  :D

It's frightening that the test he had 3 days before was negative then followed by a positive. It also confirms (( my opinion only )) why football can't go ahead whilst social distance rule still in effect. 

Once contact football is allowed which looks like getting passed today we will have more postive again.  :( :f_doh: Unfortunately I fear the worse, but then I am paranoid as you know.  ;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1625: May 26, 2020 11:50:17 am
      Beware the Second Wave Y'all.

Bubonic Plague   The Black Death   The Spanish Flu   

All of  these .... the second wave killed far more people than the initial one.

https://www.history.com/news/spanish-flu-second-wave-resurgence

(Pity Spain didn't then have a Trump in power ....  then he could have blamed the  US troops from America for starting it)
      « Last Edit: May 26, 2020 11:59:13 am by MIRO »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1626: May 26, 2020 12:08:59 pm
      Tottaly agree would love to know if he took the necessary precautions too. I posted the link just to see even following the guide lines like he's appeared to of done you can still catch it.  You can now see my paranoia and the lengths I go to avoid that 0.1 chance of infection  :D

It's frightening that the test he had 3 days before was negative then followed by a positive. It also confirms (( my opinion only )) why football can't go ahead whilst social distance rule still in effect. 

Once contact football is allowed which looks like getting passed today we will have more postive again.  :( :f_doh: Unfortunately I fear the worse, but then I am paranoid as you know.  ;D

Why is it frightening that he caught it in between tests, if you catch it you catch it, he's at least in the lucky position to be able to get a test.

Has German football had a lot of positive tests since restarting, that's the litmus test Keith, keep an eye on it. You seem to completely disregard that one league has successfully restarted already.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1627: May 26, 2020 12:09:40 pm
      Beware the Second Wave Y'all.

Bubonic Plague   The Black Death   The Spanish Flu   

All of  these .... the second wave killed far more people than the initial one.

https://www.history.com/news/spanish-flu-second-wave-resurgence

(Pity Spain didn't then have a Trump in power ....  then he could have blamed the  US troops from America for starting it)

are you disputing that it came from China? BTW Spain soon had someone far worse in power, Franco.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1628: May 26, 2020 01:54:54 pm
      Why is it frightening that he caught it in between tests, if you catch it you catch it, he's at least in the lucky position to be able to get a test.

Has German football had a lot of positive tests since restarting, that's the litmus test Keith, keep an eye on it. You seem to completely disregard that one league has successfully restarted already.

Because he's basically stuck to the rules and still picked up the virus. Frightening to me as I'm doing my best but could still pick it up (( like we all can ))  regardless of how well you try to avoid contact of any sort.

Totally agree Germany a good test for starting again. However, we don't appear to have controlled the virus as well as them. Because of that we need to tread more carefully than others.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1629: May 26, 2020 02:11:30 pm
      UK guv given go ahead for players to go back to contact training in england. oaft !!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1630: May 26, 2020 04:32:58 pm
      Because he's basically stuck to the rules and still picked up the virus. Frightening to me as I'm doing my best but could still pick it up (( like we all can ))  regardless of how well you try to avoid contact of any sort.

Totally agree Germany a good test for starting again. However, we don't appear to have controlled the virus as well as them. Because of that we need to tread more carefully than others.

How do you know he stuck to the rules? Was he wearing gloves/mask, did he use hand-sanitizer, did he social distance? There is no way of knowing this so no conclusion can be reached.

BTW Yes Germany did better, but even so the virus is in full retreat in the UK now, that doesn't guarantee there won't be a second wave but that should be in autumn when hopefully we are better prepared and have a vaccine.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1631: May 26, 2020 07:42:07 pm
      How do you know he stuck to the rules? Was he wearing gloves/mask, did he use hand-sanitizer, did he social distance? There is no way of knowing this so no conclusion can be reached.

BTW Yes Germany did better, but even so the virus is in full retreat in the UK now, that doesn't guarantee there won't be a second wave but that should be in autumn when hopefully we are better prepared and have a vaccine.

Don't take me literally word for word heimdall  ;D Just use your common sense when I say basically stuck to the rules  :D That's unless you saw him at a party or at Barnard Castle  :lmao:
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1632: May 28, 2020 10:56:08 am
      Think Deeney has had enough air time and should start preparing for a long career in the Championship.

Quick Reply