Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Coronavirus effect on football

Read 168303 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,263 posts | 6365 
      Re: Coronavirus effect on football
      Reply #1656: May 29, 2020 03:34:19 am
      Wonder if the games will be broadcast in the US as part of the NBC Sports schedule. I'd assume after what they paid for rights to broadcast EPL games, they'll still broadcast them?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1657: May 29, 2020 08:01:37 am
      So they are starting the fixtures with the 2 ā€˜missingā€™ games.
      Then if anything goes wrong they can call a halt and declare the results as they stand or on an average points basis.

Although it would then make it easier for them to do that, they are starting the season again with these 2 games because they were the next 2 games due to be played before the stop.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,514 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1658: May 29, 2020 08:31:22 am

hate the beeb. think ill mute there commentary for LFC game. ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,514 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1659: May 29, 2020 08:32:53 am
      Will gathering in pubs over there still be forbidden when these matches resume?

I would say no chance, but the way Bojo has behaved I wouldnt be surprised if that lot have everything open by then. ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,514 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1660: May 29, 2020 08:36:34 am
      Sky Sports will make 25 of the remaining top-flight matches free to air, including the Merseyside Derby on the first weekend of the 19-21 June.

... if you haven't got Sky... how will you be able to watch it?

They sometimes put sports on sky one tv station.

if you dont have sky at all, I suggest using nowtv and subscribe to sky for a short period.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,304 posts | 276 
      Reply #1661: May 29, 2020 09:46:49 am
      Apologies if already mentioned but I wonder when we'll see a full fixture list, we've been put on 6-2,2-10 at work due to social distancing so I'll miss a lot of games probably when we clinch it knowing my luck..
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1662: May 29, 2020 09:49:16 am
      They sometimes put sports on sky one tv station.

if you dont have sky at all, I suggest using nowtv and subscribe to sky for a short period.

Thanks, but Sky One isn't on Freeview, and NowTV is subscription. Same goes for BT.

If they put it on YouTube I just hope they up the power as last years CL final on YouTube was a bust.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1663: May 29, 2020 11:16:21 am
      Sky Sports will make 25 of the remaining top-flight matches free to air, including the Merseyside Derby on the first weekend of the 19-21 June.

... if you haven't got Sky... how will you be able to watch it?

Games are to be broadcast as well on  Amazon Prime  ,  BBC Sport  ,   BT Sport   ..... the ones Sky don't have .
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1664: May 29, 2020 11:41:57 am
      Apologies if already mentioned but I wonder when we'll see a full fixture list, we've been put on 6-2,2-10 at work due to social distancing so I'll miss a lot of games probably when we clinch it knowing my luck..

Get the Sky Go app, or whatever its called these days, on your phone mate, I've watched many a sport event that way
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1665: May 29, 2020 11:52:48 am
      Will gathering in pubs over there still be forbidden when these matches resume?

I donā€™t see why not, all youā€™d have to do is say you are testing your eye sight when it comes to watching football in a pub and theyā€™d be fine with that. I mean how are you supposed to know your eyes are still okay unless you try it?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1666: May 29, 2020 11:55:55 am
      Thanks, but Sky One isn't on Freeview, and NowTV is subscription. Same goes for BT.

If they put it on YouTube I just hope they up the power as last years CL final on YouTube was a bust.

Try Acestream.

My lad set it up for me, there's usually loads of links, and the quality is great.

I have no idea what this means, but I understand you can "cast" it to your TV from a phone.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,276 posts | 799 
      Reply #1667: May 29, 2020 11:56:19 am
      I donā€™t see why not, all youā€™d have to do is say you are testing your eye sight when it comes to watching football in a pub and theyā€™d be fine with that. I mean how are you supposed to know your eyes are still okay unless you try it?

Don't forget to bring your kid along too.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,514 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1668: May 29, 2020 12:01:42 pm

yea but if its just the odd LFC game you want, NOWTV is cheapest option, only pay for the game you want. I think.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1669: May 29, 2020 12:06:39 pm
      Don't forget to bring your kid along too.

Honest question and I really don't want to get to political, so putting personal politics and views of the man aside would you guys not have done the same as Cummings if you were in his shoes. ie yourself and wife feeling ill, not sure if you can look after your kid and you have a cottage you can go to where you have family members who can help out if needed? I think I would have done exactly the same as Cummings in his situation but I really am curious what others think.
      As for his drive to test eyesight, yes that's naughty but is it really worse than what any of us have done, I know I've bent the rules on a few occasions, although I have always adhered to social distancing.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,514 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1670: May 29, 2020 12:23:43 pm
      Honest question and I really don't want to get to political, so putting personal politics and views of the man aside would you guys not have done the same as Cummings if you were in his shoes. ie yourself and wife feeling ill, not sure if you can look after your kid and you have a cottage you can go to where you have family members who can help out if needed? I think I would have done exactly the same as Cummings in his situation but I really am curious what others think.
      As for his drive to test eyesight, yes that's naughty but is it really worse than what any of us have done, I know I've bent the rules on a few occasions, although I have always adhered to social distancing.

Nope. driving the length of england was a nono everyone knew it.

No way the guy who is practically running the country couldnt get childcare in london, childcare is an essential service. as Boris RHM he was entitled, he even admitted that never even came into his thoughts, he was just determined to go north to his other home. Now if he had done that like all the other MP's at the start of lockdown, fair enough, but he never.

Anyway its been talked about too much, he was never getting sacked so that campaign was just a pure waste of time and a total deflection from the rest of the bojo shitshow. ;D.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1671: May 29, 2020 12:54:16 pm

I saw a quote that is very near the knuckle but I will post  it .......

A couple are feted and made heroes over a decade by the British media (including fund raising for them) for leaving their three kids all under four years old alone ... until one is taken away forever.

While they drink with other Brits in a bar.
      A child minder would have only cost them ā‚¬5 an hour.

An individual is despised by the British media for looking after his child.

The Mc Canns       

Dominic Cummings

Something is very wrong about the piranha , bottom feeding , poisoned British media.
      « Last Edit: May 29, 2020 12:59:20 pm by MIRO »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1521 
      Reply #1672: May 29, 2020 01:42:46 pm
      Iā€™m not s fan of Cummings, and certainly not a fan of McCanns either, but talk about a witch hunt.
      FFS letā€™s get on with the important issues on the addenda !
      As for McCanns, nothing but contempt for them, and sorrow for their neglected little girl.
      Letā€™s move on....
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1673: May 29, 2020 02:02:52 pm

also supporting the local economy...
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #1674: May 29, 2020 03:17:41 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,263 posts | 6365 
      Reply #1675: May 29, 2020 03:22:11 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1676: May 29, 2020 03:59:18 pm
      So the police have asked for any match that might clinch the title to be played at a neutral venue.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/29/police-want-any-match-where-liverpool-can-win-title-played-at-neutral-venue

The article never quite says this has been agreed, but includes the following:

"The matches which have been requested to take place at neutral grounds are Manchester City v Liverpool, Manchester City v Newcastle, Manchester United v Sheffield United, Newcastle v Liverpool and Everton v Liverpool. The police statement adds that ā€œthe game in which Liverpool could secure the league titleā€ should also be moved but this may end up needing to be more than one match if the JĆ¼rgen Kloppā€™s side do not clinch it at the first attempt.

"Deputy chief constable Mark Roberts of South Yorkshire Police, the UKā€™s football policing lead, said in a statement: ā€œOur discussions with the Premier League throughout this process have been positive, with a shared focus on the priority of public health. As such we have reached a consensus that balances the needs of football, while also minimising the demand on policing.

ā€œThe majority of remaining matches will be played at home and away as scheduled, with a small number of fixtures taking place at neutral venues, which, contrary to some reports, have yet to be agreed. The views and agreement of forces which host Premier League clubs have been sought and where there were concerns, the Premier League has been supportive in providing flexibility in arranging alternative venues where requested."

sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #1677: May 29, 2020 04:08:08 pm
      It makes sense, most of those stadiums are in built up areas. As long as we win the title we've earned! ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1678: May 29, 2020 04:22:43 pm
      So the police have asked for any match that might clinch the title to be played at a neutral venue.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/29/police-want-any-match-where-liverpool-can-win-title-played-at-neutral-venue

The article never quite says this has been agreed, but includes the following:

"The matches which have been requested to take place at neutral grounds are Manchester City v Liverpool, Manchester City v Newcastle, Manchester United v Sheffield United, Newcastle v Liverpool and Everton v Liverpool. The police statement adds that ā€œthe game in which Liverpool could secure the league titleā€ should also be moved but this may end up needing to be more than one match if the JĆ¼rgen Kloppā€™s side do not clinch it at the first attempt.

"Deputy chief constable Mark Roberts of South Yorkshire Police, the UKā€™s football policing lead, said in a statement: ā€œOur discussions with the Premier League throughout this process have been positive, with a shared focus on the priority of public health. As such we have reached a consensus that balances the needs of football, while also minimising the demand on policing.

ā€œThe majority of remaining matches will be played at home and away as scheduled, with a small number of fixtures taking place at neutral venues, which, contrary to some reports, have yet to be agreed. The views and agreement of forces which host Premier League clubs have been sought and where there were concerns, the Premier League has been supportive in providing flexibility in arranging alternative venues where requested."

Neutral stadiums makes no difference. Just shows that;

1) They have no trust in supporters
      2) They are stupid and think there only supporters in the corresponding parts of the country.

Quick Reply