Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Coronavirus effect on football

Read 167897 times
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Re: Coronavirus effect on football
      Reply #1679: May 29, 2020 04:29:39 pm
      Neutral stadiums makes no difference. Just shows that;

1) They have no trust in supporters
      2) They are stupid and think there only supporters in the corresponding parts of the country.

To be fair, there's been many people breaking the lockdown, many of whom will be football supporters.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1266362361113227271?s=20
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1680: May 29, 2020 04:35:17 pm
      To be fair, there's been many people breaking the lockdown, many of whom will be football supporters.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1266362361113227271?s=20

If that shows anything regarding football then it will just show that neutral venues really is pointless. People have been quite happy to go out and about as it is, so there will be plenty who will happily travel to stadiums anyway, regardless of where it is.

The only thing neutral venues will do is piss people off.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #1681: May 29, 2020 04:40:33 pm
      If the dickhead police are so worried about people congregating then they should head down to Brighton beach & disperse the crowds there first - there'll be enough people there over the weekend to fill Anfield a few times over!

How come it's only the northern teams they're worried about too? There's still a North London derby left to play - are they better behaved down south or something?
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #1682: May 29, 2020 04:46:56 pm
      If the dickhead police are so worried about people congregating then they should head down to Brighton beach & disperse the crowds there first - there'll be enough people there over the weekend to fill Anfield a few times over!

How come it's only the northern teams they're worried about too? There's still a North London derby left to play - are they better behaved down south or something?

All but one of them can have an influence on the title, not sure why the United one is included.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #1683: May 29, 2020 04:59:10 pm
      All but one of them can have an influence on the title, not sure why the United one is included.

Mathematically speaking every game which includes the top 2 can still have an influence on the title. Newcastle away is our last game so the league will have been wrapped up for weeks by then

City v Newcastle is even more baffling - what's the reasoning behind it? Do they seriously think that Liverpool supporters might travel down to Manchester to congregate outside the Etihad in case Newcastle beat them and hand us the title? 
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #1684: May 29, 2020 05:02:43 pm
      Mathematically speaking every game which includes the top 2 can still have an influence on the title. Newcastle away is our last game so the league will have been wrapped up for weeks by then

City v Newcastle is even more baffling - what's the reasoning behind it? Do they seriously think that Liverpool supporters might travel down to Manchester to congregate outside the Etihad in case Newcastle beat them and hand us the title?

They're probably thinking about City fans, I know not many of them go to their matches but they exist.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #1685: May 29, 2020 05:09:36 pm
      They're probably thinking about City fans, I know not many of them go to their matches but they exist.

Madness, can't see their reasoning behind it at all. If they still had a chance at the title I could maybe half understand, but there's no way that a large number of City fans will turn up to the Etihad for what is essentially a dead rubber
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3390 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1686: May 29, 2020 06:47:52 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8516 
      Reply #1687: May 29, 2020 08:04:49 pm
      So the police have asked for any match that might clinch the title to be played at a neutral venue.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/29/police-want-any-match-where-liverpool-can-win-title-played-at-neutral-venue

The article never quite says this has been agreed, but includes the following:

"The matches which have been requested to take place at neutral grounds are Manchester City v Liverpool, Manchester City v Newcastle, Manchester United v Sheffield United, Newcastle v Liverpool and Everton v Liverpool. The police statement adds that ā€œthe game in which Liverpool could secure the league titleā€ should also be moved but this may end up needing to be more than one match if the JĆ¼rgen Kloppā€™s side do not clinch it at the first attempt.

"Deputy chief constable Mark Roberts of South Yorkshire Police, the UKā€™s football policing lead, said in a statement: ā€œOur discussions with the Premier League throughout this process have been positive, with a shared focus on the priority of public health. As such we have reached a consensus that balances the needs of football, while also minimising the demand on policing.

ā€œThe majority of remaining matches will be played at home and away as scheduled, with a small number of fixtures taking place at neutral venues, which, contrary to some reports, have yet to be agreed. The views and agreement of forces which host Premier League clubs have been sought and where there were concerns, the Premier League has been supportive in providing flexibility in arranging alternative venues where requested."

South Yorkshire cu*ts can get fu**ed

https://twitter.com/dankay/status/1266400930494328832
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8516 
      Reply #1688: May 29, 2020 08:07:16 pm

1) They have no trust in supporters
      2) They are stupid and think there only supporters in the corresponding parts of the country.

Think about where that quote is coming from?

What is currently still ongoing? All a bit convenient that quote and I could still imagine those cu*ts to try to use it to blacken our name again.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #1689: May 29, 2020 09:13:59 pm
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52854472

The football environment will be "quite different" until a vaccine for coronavirus is developed, Fifa has told its member federations.

It also expects that regular testing will "most likely" become part of the game in future, with physical distancing predicted to be in place long term.

A set of 'medical considerations' were developed by a special Fifa working group and sent out to member associations, as well as a risk assessment tool that will help countries determine when it is safe for football to resume.

Fifa says everyone involved in staging football matches has a "responsibility" to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

"Planning for a safe return to football must start now given the health, social and economic benefits of the game globally," the official guidance says.

"Football governing bodies must come together to cautiously and methodically prepare for a post-pandemic return to footballing activities."

Fifa's message comes as the Premier League prepares to resume on 17 June, having been shut down since 9 March, and many other major European Leagues are in the process of returning to action.

Uefa hopes to complete the 2019-20 Champions League and Europa League in August but is yet to finalise its plans.

The Fifa working group acknowledged some long-lasting changes to the game.

The guidance - joint effort in collaboration with the World Health Organisation (WHO) and other stakeholders - encompasses the whole game, from amateur to international football.

The use of testing has differed between leagues, but the guidance says: "In the future, regular testing (possibly both PCR and antibody testing) will most likely be a component of group training, play and travel."

The risk assessment requires detailed planning of events, including who would use personal protective equipment (PPE), detailed cleaning schedules and plans for the isolation of positive cases.

It has been specifically adapted for football from a risk-assessment tool put together by WHO for mass gathering events.

Once organisers have input the risks and mitigations, they will be given an "overall risk score" for the event ranging from "very low" to "very high".

Although Fifa appears to be encouraging planning for a return of all levels of football, it emphasised that this should not compromise the health system or health of those involved.

It said that "protecting the health and well-being of every individual globally remains of paramount importance" to the organisation.

sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #1690: May 29, 2020 10:19:44 pm
      As a Liverpool fan I have no problem with getting singled out in footy terms, I F***ing revel in it and love the giving of sh*t both ways as long as it's all about having a laugh but F***ing seriously.

Singling us out that our matches should basically be played any F***ing where but Liverpool because ya know those F***ing scousers can't be F***ing trusted and then using some F***ing South Yorkshire F***ing deputy to push that F***ing agenda?

Call me sceptical, I don't give a F**k, it's times like this I F***ing hate this country and all its F***ing authoritarian cu*ts.

I think they would have done this for any team that was 25 points ahead to be fair. They're also asking for other teams to play at neutral grounds as well.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #1691: May 29, 2020 10:21:45 pm
      Singling us out that our matches should basically be played any f**king where but Liverpool because ya know those f**king scousers can't be f**king trusted and then using some f**king South Yorkshire f**king deputy to push that f**king agenda?

Call me sceptical, I don't give a f**k, it's times like this I f**king hate this country and all its f**king authoritarian Cu*ts.

What did you expect Heā€™s a Manc!

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1692: May 29, 2020 11:11:26 pm
      I think they would have done this for any team that was 25 points ahead to be fair. They're also asking for other teams to play at neutral grounds as well.

There are a couple of other matches but it mostly seems to be about us. Frankly we're the only ones with something left to look forward to, unless you count some lower team beating the drop.

The authorities need to take their blinkers off, make an appeal for people not to gather in groups and then TRUST the people. YES some people will show up, but it will be nothing like it would have been before all of this.

Is anyone suggesting our away matches can't be played at the home grounds of our opponents?

Same people will probably celebrate at Anfield even if the title-winning match is in Birmingham (or whereever). So why make a team play home fixtures away?
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 270 
      Reply #1693: May 29, 2020 11:37:15 pm
      Well the way this seasons gone I just want it wrapped up whether it's at Anfield or a farmers field. One thing I will watching keenly after we win it will be the relegation battle, I'm keeping everything crossed for Brighton, Watford and West Ham to go down. No problem with Troy Deeney being concerned about his family's health but the pr**k is now saying our PL win will have no integrity.. Tosser, hope he's plying his trade in the Championship next season.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #1694: May 29, 2020 11:55:34 pm
      I reckon we win it within the first two matches we have, maybe we'll be a bit rusty in the first game but by the end of the second I bet we'll be celebrating a well-earned nineteenth title. I bet it's one of the longest times that a country's top club has gone without winning the league, but we'll probably be on 22 or 23 by the time Klopp leaves.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #1695: May 30, 2020 07:23:20 am
      As a Liverpool fan I have no problem with getting singled out in footy terms, I f**king revel in it and love the giving of sh*t both ways as long as it's all about having a laugh but f**king seriously.

Singling us out that our matches should basically be played any f**king where but Liverpool because ya know those f**king scousers can't be f**king trusted and then using some f**king South Yorkshire f**king deputy to push that f**king agenda?

Call me sceptical, I don't give a f**k, it's times like this I f**king hate this country and all its f**king authoritarian Cu*ts.

To be fair as a key worker working around liverpool since lockdown, the social distancing has been ignored by groups that are thicker than a whales tongue. Albeit a minority these idiot would turn up outside the ground and spoil it for the rest of us.

Problem I've got is that no matter WHERE we play that game that gets us over the line these retards will still turn out in force at the ground causing problems.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1696: May 30, 2020 09:43:43 am
      Well the way this seasons gone I just want it wrapped up whether it's at Anfield or a farmers field. One thing I will watching keenly after we win it will be the relegation battle, I'm keeping everything crossed for Brighton, Watford and West Ham to go down. No problem with Troy Deeney being concerned about his family's health but the pr**k is now saying our PL win will have no integrity.. Tosser, hope he's plying his trade in the Championship next season.

Yeah I can't stand Troy Deeney, dirty snide player.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,276 posts | 799 
      Reply #1697: May 30, 2020 10:46:50 am
      Anyone any idea when the fixture times/day will be announced?

Need to get in and get make sure I can book off the days we're playing.

Am I F**k missing a second of any of our games.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1698: May 30, 2020 11:17:11 am
      Anyone any idea when the fixture times/day will be announced?

Need to get in and get make sure I can book off the days we're playing.

Am I f**k missing a second of any of our games.

I'd guess the sequence will be the same as before, but yeah I'm also a bit curious what the dates are, I assume it will be 2 games a week.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,253 posts | 2799 
      Reply #1699: May 30, 2020 01:01:08 pm

Like F**k would it have been the same if it was a London team 25 points clear!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #1700: May 30, 2020 01:09:53 pm
      Quote from 7-King Kenny-7

1) They have no trust in (Liverpool) supporters.

Fixed. The latest development was announced on the anniversary of Heysel. Obviously we're all still animals in their eyes and can't be trusted to control ourselves at a game.

The league is held on a home and away basis. Either it's safe to hold the games as scheduled or it's not. If it's considered safe, there should be no issue with the venues or locations they are played in. If it's not safe, the games should be postponed until such time as it is.The idea of playing league games at neutral venues is a disgrace, and targeting Liverpool games over and over again is outrageous. The fans have been hurt enough already without this nonsense, while the players are to be punished for how  consistent and dominant we have been thisseason.

You don't see this considered, let alone permitted in any other league still playing. Hungary and Russia will allow fans to attend games with reduced capacities, once their leagues resume. In Germany, there have not been mass gatherings outside stadiums as it is pointless, even though empty stadiums upset the fans there. Other clubs in Europe with massive fanbases and about to be rewarded for their efforts, will be able to fulfil their fixtures as scheduled. It should not be any different for us.

We may not have a confirmed fixture list yet, but we do have ko times. How that is supposed to work, when all games on the final day are to kick off at the same time is still a mystery.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #1701: May 30, 2020 03:06:04 pm
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/52861707

Celtic have urged the SPFL to issue the fixture calendar for the new season "as soon as possible".

The new Premiership season will start behind closed doors on the weekend of 1 August - if Scotland is in phase two of its coronavirus recovery.

Premiership clubs have been given a targeted return date of 11 June for player training before the new campaign.

Talks will continue regarding how lower league football will restart.

Sports minister Joe Fitzpatrick met the heads of the major sporting bodies on Friday to discuss restart plans.

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell, who contributed to the meeting, has welcomed the prospect of a phased return for training and competitive matches, in line with the safety of all concerned.

"The past few months have been extremely difficult for supporters, players, staff and clubs right across the game," Lawwell said.

"Celtic has, for some time, been engaging with relevant experts in this field - knowledge and guidance which we have shared with the joint response group, other Scottish clubs and the Scottish Government in order to support a safe, effective and quick return to football.

"Clearly, the important work we have done will be crucial as we move forward. We need to get back to football, safely, as soon as possible. That is our message and that is our aim.

"The majority of leagues across Europe are back training, some already playing and many already with agreements in place to bring supporters back to matches. We can assure our fans that this will also be Celtic's priority."

Celtic were crowned Scottish Premiership champions, and Hearts relegated, when the SPFL agreed to call the season on 18 May.

Scottish football has been suspended since 13 March, with Friday's meeting mapping out a potential return to action.

Celtic manager Neil Lennon said his squad will be ready to return as and when they are given the green light.

"Our work off the pitch never stops and since the suspension of football was announced, we have been ensuring that our players have all they need across all areas in terms of their physical condition and all other elements of their welfare," he added.

Quick Reply