Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Coronavirus effect on football

Read 166291 times
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Re: Coronavirus effect on football
      Reply #23: Mar 12, 2020 11:49:27 pm
      this is really so so weird....like clearly this is a massive worldwide human issue.... and the footie doesnt matter really...but this bloody league has absolutely dominated my thoughts for months...and now totally thrown into the air...

As great as the last two years have been my stress levels have been through the roof and the league title has dominated my thoughts for years and years, I love Liverpool FC and St Helens RLFC but if this stops us being awarded the title I won't be able to sit through a game ever again
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #24: Mar 12, 2020 11:52:16 pm

He's just some random guy on Twitter, why should we care what he says? His profile doesn't seem to show much to say he has inside information.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #25: Mar 12, 2020 11:52:32 pm
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #26: Mar 12, 2020 11:54:49 pm

Seems to be a writer for some independent website that asks for a large subscription to view their articles.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #27: Mar 12, 2020 11:54:56 pm
      I’m praying it’s some little sh*t looking for attention
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #28: Mar 12, 2020 11:56:21 pm

Why post it? If it's likely some attention seeker, I don't see the point - there's tons of sh*t on Twitter.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #29: Mar 12, 2020 11:58:31 pm
      Seems to be a writer for some independent website that asks for a large subscription to view their articles.

well clearly bullshit. some well established journalists have said on twitter voiding the season is incredibly unlikely....
      i guess we arent going to know for some time. sh*te.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #30: Mar 12, 2020 11:59:24 pm
      Why post it? If it's likely some attention seeker, I don't see the point - there's tons of sh*t on Twitter.
      I hope it’s total bollix more than the next person, with the type of luck we have though the cynic in me fears the worst!
      I just can’t see how they could go from open for business with fans in stands and completely skipping behind closed doors and suspension to void ? If they do that the court case could be massive
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31: Mar 13, 2020 12:00:17 am
      Can't even bring myself to read the stuff out there about voiding the league.
      What a F***ing disaster that would be - surely they can just suspend it.
      Obviously not trying to to minimise/diminish the problem with covid-19, but it's unbelievably bad luck that this is hitting now.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #32: Mar 13, 2020 12:00:47 am
      well clearly bullshit. some well established journalists have said on twitter voiding the season is incredibly unlikely....
      i guess we arent going to know for some time. Sh*te.
      Names ?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #33: Mar 13, 2020 12:22:21 am
      F***ing Typical

We finally gone win it after 30 F***ing years and this sh*t happens!!!!!

Sometimes, I swear God is a Manc!!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #34: Mar 13, 2020 12:28:22 am
      League won't get cancelled or voided, ignore the sh*t-stirrers on twatter, what I can see happen is a two week suspension of the league, depending on number of people affected at clubs. Arsenal games will definitely get suspended for at least two weeks due to them coming into contact with the Forest owner testing positive.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #35: Mar 13, 2020 12:28:51 am

An attention seeking idiot.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #36: Mar 13, 2020 12:32:30 am
      League won't get cancelled or voided, ignore the sh*t-stirrers on twatter, what I can see happen is a two week suspension of the league, depending on number of people affected at clubs. Arsenal games will definitely get suspended for at least two weeks due to them coming into contact with the Forest owner testing positive.

Even Serie A is only suspended until early April.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #37: Mar 13, 2020 12:32:53 am
      Praying you’re right
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #38: Mar 13, 2020 12:34:55 am

Or a F***ing bed-wetter! Ffs he worries that much eight through his time-line I wonder if he even leaves the house.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #39: Mar 13, 2020 12:41:37 am

Never forget the levels of hatred and obsession towards LFC that exists in this country, the bed-wetters on twatter have only got one thought in mind winding up or trying to scare Liverpool fans because we are so close to the promised land. Chill!

Fingers crossed none of ours or the blues have caught anything, then our game should go ahead Monday, get that done then just hope we can get Palace done next saturday. Win both of them then we're Champions and then we can all F**k off to the Winchester, have a pint until it all blows over then we can receive the trophy at the end of the season!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Re: Coronavirus covid-19
      Reply #40: Mar 13, 2020 12:52:44 am
      Yep. I think unfortunately you are right. This is a nightmare.

The Premier League will follow govt guidelines which will be not to panic, follow all info being put out etc. What will happen is Arsenal games will get suspended and they'll go day by day depending on reporting of those infected/potentially infected.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41: Mar 13, 2020 01:09:48 am
      From The Guardian

"Premier League clubs are preparing for the football season to be suspended after the Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta tested positive for coronavirus on Thursday night and their match on Saturday against Brighton was postponed.

Arsenal confirmed their first team squad and coaches would now self-isolate, and they would be unable to play some fixtures on the scheduled dates. Meanwhile, having earlier declared that the weekend’s top-flight games would go ahead as planned, the Premier League has called an emergency meeting with its clubs on Friday regarding future fixtures this season.

One club executive told the Guardian they expected the season to be suspended for several weeks in the light of the Arteta news, and didn’t rule out the possibility of the whole season being voided.

On Thursday it was also reported that the Manchester City defender, Benjamin Mendy, is self-isolating after a member of his family fell ill, and three Leicester players have also undergone tests for Covid-19 after experiencing symptoms.

As things stand, the Premier League is the only major top-flight league in Europe not to shut down or close its doors because of the coronavirus. The top divisions in Spain, Italy, Portugal, the Netherlands, Ireland and the United States have all been suspended amid the outbreak, while the German Bundesliga and France’s Ligue 1 are holding matches behind closed doors.

Fixtures in the Scottish Premiership also appear set to be postponed after this weekend’s Old Firm clash between Rangers and Celtic, following First Minister Nicola Sturgeon’s announcement that gatherings of more than 500 people will be banned from Monday.

Earlier, English football had been told to carry on as normal after the government’s medical experts insisted that their remained a very low probability of someone with Covid-19 infecting a large number of people in a stadium. However, the Arteta news quickly made that advice appear complacent."

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #42: Mar 13, 2020 01:11:07 am
      From The Guardian

"Premier League clubs are preparing for the football season to be suspended after the Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta tested positive for coronavirus on Thursday night and their match on Saturday against Brighton was postponed.

Arsenal confirmed their first team squad and coaches would now self-isolate, and they would be unable to play some fixtures on the scheduled dates. Meanwhile, having earlier declared that the weekend’s top-flight games would go ahead as planned, the Premier League has called an emergency meeting with its clubs on Friday regarding future fixtures this season.

One club executive told the Guardian they expected the season to be suspended for several weeks in the light of the Arteta news, and didn’t rule out the possibility of the whole season being voided.

On Thursday it was also reported that the Manchester City defender, Benjamin Mendy, is self-isolating after a member of his family fell ill, and three Leicester players have also undergone tests for Covid-19 after experiencing symptoms.

As things stand, the Premier League is the only major top-flight league in Europe not to shut down or close its doors because of the coronavirus. The top divisions in Spain, Italy, Portugal, the Netherlands, Ireland and the United States have all been suspended amid the outbreak, while the German Bundesliga and France’s Ligue 1 are holding matches behind closed doors.

Fixtures in the Scottish Premiership also appear set to be postponed after this weekend’s Old Firm clash between Rangers and Celtic, following First Minister Nicola Sturgeon’s announcement that gatherings of more than 500 people will be banned from Monday.

Earlier, English football had been told to carry on as normal after the government’s medical experts insisted that their remained a very low probability of someone with Covid-19 infecting a large number of people in a stadium. However, the Arteta news quickly made that advice appear complacent."

That bit in bold - always remember journo's always end with worst case scenario.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #43: Mar 13, 2020 01:13:39 am
      I wouldn't be surprised if the executive didn't really mention much about voiding the league and the journalist assumed from there. It's a possibility, but a very slim one and one that would cause a lot of problems and cost clubs a lot of money. Voiding, in my opinion, would only happen in the worst case scenario or as a last resort.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Re: Re: Coronavirus covid-19
      Reply #44: Mar 13, 2020 01:23:28 am
      The Premier League will follow govt guidelines which will be not to panic, follow all info being put out etc. What will happen is Arsenal games will get suspended and they'll go day by day depending on reporting of those infected/potentially infected.

I hope so. So far I appreciate England’s response, I don’t understand why we can’t just go day by day and make prudent decisions instead of knee jerk shutting everything down.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #45: Mar 13, 2020 01:24:21 am
      I wouldn't be surprised if the executive didn't really mention much about voiding the league and the journalist assumed from there. It's a possibility, but a very slim one and one that would cause a lot of problems and cost clubs a lot of money. Voiding, in my opinion, would only happen in the worst case scenario or as a last resort.

They're basically creating panic from nothing, wouldn't surprise me if the league already know about the Arsenal situation through the city game being postponed and reason given, hence the Arsenal squad would of been tested  resulting in Arteta being confirmed positive.

Quick Reply