Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Coronavirus effect on football

Read 169132 times
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Re: Coronavirus effect on football
      Reply #598: Mar 20, 2020 03:18:22 pm
      Which of the Royal families properties are in heavily affected areas, do you mean Buckingham Palace?? Surely a hotel would be better suited wouldn't it.

By the way you know full fell that the Queen has next to zero official power, that power all lies with the government, if you don't know this then shame on your teachers!

Why are we funding her then, as well as dozens of other minor royals?

I thought you Tories hate taxpayers money being spent inefficiently - why is it okay to fund the Royals?

BTW don't come back with the textbook moron Monarchist answer of "Tourism" because we all know that is a complete myth. Nobody comes to see the Queen, they come to see the residences. Which would still be there if we were a republic (France as a perfect example)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #599: Mar 20, 2020 03:21:40 pm
      Why are we funding her then, as well as dozens of other minor royals?

I thought you Tories hate taxpayers money being spent inefficiently - why is it okay to fund the Royals?

BTW don't come back with the textbook moron Monarchist answer of "Tourism"

jeez dude, why you feeding the troll?

I mean if it's just boredom or a bit of craic, fair enough.

Personally, I've had that wum on ignore for years, and he still keeps trying to get a rise.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #600: Mar 20, 2020 03:25:58 pm
      jeez dude, why you feeding the troll?

I mean if it's just boredom or a bit of craic, fair enough.

Personally, I've had that wum on ignore for years, and he still keeps trying to get a rise.

Good point actually - just going to set him on ignore because threads keep going off topic & can't be arsed reading his weird Tory drivel anymore.

Feel like I'm on the comments section of a Daily Mail article every time I read one of his gammon rants
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #601: Mar 20, 2020 03:40:59 pm
      Good point actually - just going to set him on ignore because threads keep going off topic & can't be arsed reading his weird Tory drivel anymore.

Feel like I'm on the comments section of a Daily Mail article every time I read one of his gammon rants

sorry mate, not trying to dictate how you use the forum.

I just can't fathom why people engage with that wum.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #602: Mar 20, 2020 03:51:00 pm
      So anyway, football.

Are there any sites with match archives to watch some footy?

I can't get on my lads cloud (I think) server where he stores all the matches after recording them.
      I have no F***ing idea what that means, I usually just click an icon and it opens a list of matches,, but for some reason, it's not working, and tonight I want to drink and watch an old match.

Any suggestions?
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #603: Mar 20, 2020 03:57:54 pm
      https://lfcglobe.co.uk/category/liverpool-fc-videos/ has lots of highlights of our previous matches.

https://footballia.net/teams/liverpool-fc requires a free account to be made, but seems to have a selection of full Liverpool matches going back to the 1960s (and seems to have every one of our recent matches in the last few seasons). The video player seems to take a minute or two to start.
      Kopite78
      Reply #604: Mar 20, 2020 03:59:06 pm
      Are you saying its not possible to test 60 people in one day??

60x45=2700 

So 2700 per weekend, potentially twice a week

Is it possible? That's not the question, is it the best use of resources is a better one

Why retest the same 2700 people twice a week so you can watch footy? When those f**king resources are better used elsewhere during this crisis

The rest is white noise

Stop being selfish
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #605: Mar 20, 2020 04:03:00 pm
      https://lfcglobe.co.uk/category/liverpool-fc-videos/ has lots of highlights of our previous matches.

https://footballia.net/teams/liverpool-fc requires a free account to be made, but seems to have a selection of full Liverpool matches going back to the 1960s (and seems to have every one of our recent matches in the last few seasons). The video player seems to take a minute or two to start.

A few different highlights of matches sounds like just the ticket.

Nice one :)
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,439 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #606: Mar 20, 2020 04:55:34 pm
      60x45=2700 

So 2700 per weekend, potentially twice a week

Is it possible? That's not the question, is it the best use of resources is a better one

Why retest the same 2700 people twice a week so you can watch footy? When those f**king resources are better used elsewhere during this crisis

The rest is white noise

Stop being selfish

Saw that the Spanish leagues has sent out to testing kits out to clubs for their players, a number including celta Vigo have rejected them saying they should be used elsewhere
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #607: Mar 20, 2020 05:48:33 pm
      Are you saying its not possible to test 60 people in one day?? All these players have been in isolation for 3 weeks already are superfit, ultra low risk as are their families. IN any case testing would be done on a daily basis by club doctor so no need to test everyone on the same day.

GAMES PLAYED BEHIND CLOSED DOORS!!!!! F**k me how many times do I have to say this, you need minimal staff in the stadium, but keep them away from the players as much as possible, social distancing.

It is easy to do, 10000000000% easy

You are clearly too stupid and narrow sighted to understand how it’s not practical, advisable or going to happen.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,174 posts | 524 
      Reply #608: Mar 20, 2020 07:01:23 pm
      Are you saying its not possible to test 60 people in one day?? All these players have been in isolation for 3 weeks already are superfit, ultra low risk as are their families. IN any case testing would be done on a daily basis by club doctor so no need to test everyone on the same day.

GAMES PLAYED BEHIND CLOSED DOORS!!!!! F**k me how many times do I have to say this, you need minimal staff in the stadium, but keep them away from the players as much as possible, social distancing.

It is easy to do, 10000000000% easy

You sir, are a complete Buffoon.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #609: Mar 20, 2020 08:00:14 pm

The only thing I can think of unless hes on a complete wind up is that he is genuinely addled and in which case we should play nice!
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,174 posts | 524 
      Reply #610: Mar 20, 2020 08:07:09 pm
      The only thing I can think of unless hes on a complete wind up is that he is genuinely addled and in which case we should play nice!

Agree, but he does seem to wind a lot of people up. Perhaps I should put him on ignore.  ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #611: Mar 20, 2020 08:38:06 pm
      I still think some people just don't get hoe bad this could be for the entire Country if not the entire world. Football will return we all know this season has been sensational and every game a joy bar 1 in the league so lets be patient and do what we can as individuals to stop the Virus spreading.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,439 posts | 3422 
      Reply #612: Mar 20, 2020 09:02:46 pm
      To be honest football is the last thing on my mind at the moment. Going to be a long long time before we see another ball kicked
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,129 posts | 127 
      Reply #613: Mar 20, 2020 10:35:34 pm
      Watching al this stuff and the 'in fighting', does not help, I dont suppose anything will.
      whether we like it or not, we are now subject to rules in everyday life.  'Fkin ell' the pubs are closing, but if I/ we cannot go to them, what can we do ?.
      The world has gone crazy, and only in my mind, there is something wrong with how this is happening. The only people making any money out of this are the juornos,     remind you of anything ?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #614: Mar 21, 2020 10:20:16 am
      Russia spreading the rumour that the US started this as a chemical weapon in China the level the human race will go to piss each other off knows no bounds.  Probably a good time to give the News a miss as they scramble round looking for people to argue with.
      Hope everyone is ok
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,439 posts | 3422 
      Reply #615: Mar 21, 2020 10:41:44 am
      Russia spreading the rumour that the US started this as a chemical weapon in China the level the human race will go to piss each other off knows no bounds.  Probably a good time to give the News a miss as they scramble round looking for people to argue with.
      Hope everyone is ok

Think i am pretty strong with seeing things that can be seen as upsettimg", but those scenes from italy, i just had to stop.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #616: Mar 21, 2020 10:49:28 am
      Think i am pretty strong with seeing things that can be seen as upsettimg", but those scenes from italy, i just had to stop.

is this the moment when we realise that we are all the same and after this we can move forward and just help each other.....sadly no it will be forgotten in just a few months after its declared over. Italy does have an Ageing population and boy are they facing problems. Its an area I know from work visiting many times and they are such wonderful friendly people all we can do is hope for the best for them but it looks like they are almost losing the battle
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #617: Mar 21, 2020 11:28:47 am

Bad thing is from the data we are on a very similar trajectory.
      « Last Edit: Mar 21, 2020 11:50:01 am by fields of anny rd »
      Kopite78
      Reply #618: Mar 21, 2020 11:45:47 am
      Bad thing is from the data we are on a very similarly trajectory

Almost identical
      But with a bigger population and less NHS equipment than Italy
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #619: Mar 21, 2020 12:01:52 pm

Great site that.
      Bookmarked it now.

Watched some highlights, drank too much, shouted at refs, thoroughly enjoyable evening.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,439 posts | 3422 
      Reply #620: Mar 21, 2020 03:39:21 pm
      Bad thing is from the data we are on a very similar trajectory.

Yeah, scary stuff.just seeing statistics is one thing but seeing people fighting for their life is another

Quick Reply